Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fauxhawk Express posted:

thank god I've watched like a total of 3 hours of TNA over its entire run, because this Aldis dude is rubbish

To be fair if he was good he'd be repping a better belt than the NWA one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Fauxhawk Express posted:

thank god I've watched like a total of 3 hours of TNA over its entire run, because this Aldis dude is rubbish

He does the basics in the most basic way possible. The rest is up to Cody it seems and whatever else they can come up with to mask it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fauxhawk Express posted:

As has been noted, he managed to be the worst of a trio that also contained "The Freak" Rob Terry who was basically a roid golem with below zero ability.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My phone keeps autocorrecting Aldis to Aldi's and I think that's an accurate assessment of his wrestling

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

People managed to convince themselves Aldis was good for a bit when he was teaming with Samoa Joe. But that was just because people wanted to believe Joe was any good at that point. Go figure that a WWE run would actually make a guy good again but it did work for Joe.

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Aldis may very well throw the weakest chops I’ve ever seen

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

NOOOOO! My feed keeps dying!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
please let this match end, holy poo poo, the other big matches have to be better than this

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

katatonic posted:

Aldis may very well throw the weakest chops I’ve ever seen

Non wrestler Stephen Amell threw much better ones

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

My phone keeps autocorrecting Aldis to Aldi's and I think that's an accurate assessment of his wrestling

I'd like my quarter back, thanks.

Cody, you had him up for Din's Fire, why the hell'd you do an Alabama Slam?! :mad:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Aldis has a pretty good traditional wrestler look but good lord is he incredibly average.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

LividLiquid posted:

NOOOOO! My feed keeps dying!
You're not missing much right now anyway.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Aldis isn't really rising to the occasion but this is still fun in the sense that it's totally different than other things on the card. Cody/Bucks have obviously learned a lot from their time in Japan in terms of putting together a card with good variety.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh for gently caress's sake, Nick, at least TRY and grab the foot instead of just waiting for Cody to feed it to you for the cloverleaf.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Aldis has a pretty good traditional wrestler look but good lord is he incredibly average.
He'd have been huge in 80s WWF

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

He'd have been huge in 80s WWF

He's not that big.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Even Aldis' getting out of the way somehow looks bad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That was such a lovely cloverleaf

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

remusclaw posted:

He's not that big.

H'e do way more roids in the 80s though

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

I'd like my quarter back, thanks.

Cody, you had him up for Din's Fire, why the hell'd you do an Alabama Slam?! :mad:

He didn't. Din's Fire is the Vertebreaker/Kudo Driver, isn't it? He could MAYBE have done the Rite of Passage, but that's Page's move.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

This guest commentator is actively dragging this match down.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

crowd is hot as gently caress

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can we end this before Aldis fucks Cody up real bad

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
haha

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Ugh, this match seems move at a snail's pace.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
YOU DICK :mad:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

He's going after Pharaoh next!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would rather hear matt striker than this dude

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean Cody's an incredible seller so I'm sorta buying this but this isn't really worse than the beatings Ibushi and Omega gave him.

Oh wow. :stare:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
OK, Aldis does literally one thing well. He does a decent flying elbow drop

Which, I recall, was the main thing he did in tag matches with Joe.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Is this no DQ? Why was Cody allowed to spend a century outside the ring without getting a countout, and why was Brandi allowed to interfere with the match right in front of the ref?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cavauro posted:

Ouch!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i hate this match, like i do most cody matches, but i respect that they got the crowd so invested in such a turd

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

Let’s not lose our wits here

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Please end

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

surf rock posted:

Is this no DQ? Why was Cody allowed to spend a century outside the ring without getting a countout, and why was Brandi allowed to interfere with the match right in front of the ref?
Hebner specifically said pinfalls and submissions only.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

Earl, with some effort, did say the match ends ONLY on pin or submission.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

surf rock posted:

if you had listened to the great Earl Hebner spittle-babble his way through the rules of the match, you can only win via pinfall or submission

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god Aldis took that Crossrhodes so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
OK so that was brilliant

• Locked thread