Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Helped this chick move for 3 hours today. That counts as a workout right?

BEST DAY IS TOMORROW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Were you moving furniture and boxes? Is this a euphemism?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Wrar posted:

:iiaca:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wrar posted:

Unfortunately it was not a euphemism. However she's taking me to dinner as a thank you.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://www.strava.com/activities/1802381388

https://www.strava.com/activities/1804794531

Weather looking good for tonight......

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Scale hasn't moved much but today my sisters were saying I look a little slimmer? Personally I don't see it, and they know I'm dieting so it's possible they were just blowing smoke up my rear end, but?? maybe???

Also when I mentioned the other day that I was doing intermittent fasting they were like "oh yeah we're doing that too!" and by sheer coincidence they had started like exactly when I did. ~~small world~~

E: I swear my belly actually feels warm to the touch when I'm in the middle of the fast period like I am right now, is that a thing from burning fat or is it purely psychosomatic?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ow.

So my usual morning walk/jog path has a run of a dozen 2' or so tall decorative stone block benches. We decided this morning to add some calisthenics to the morning rounds when we hit that part of the half-mile lap. Pushups on one side, box jump the bench, jump down the other side, dips off the back of the bench.

Holy poo poo my triceps are sore in a good way right now.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.strava.com/activities/1807032347

Dont think the weather's going to work out tomorrow so a good hitout today.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Hell yeah boys GET SOME

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Biked to work, it's getting to be a very good routine, usually average around 20kph.

Didn't bike home, as it was loving pouring down, and a colleague offered me a ride.

Did crossfit, though. WOD was The Seven, which just utterly murdered me, even though I didn't do it at Rx. Backstory of it is a lot of BS rah rah military poo poo, but the workout is a beast.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Back to work. My only success is that I've largely been able to avoid night shift junk food. 38 more hours to go by the end of Labor Day, and then finally some gym time.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Imgur app is loving up but SHOULDER DAY BEST DAY and just in time for this dinner chickadee promised me tonight :getin:

I got 2 sets of 5 reps 120lb military press. Same amount 190lbs on shrugs with no straps or chalk still. Every exercise got an increase!

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
I'm just over here sticking to my calorie intake plan (even on nights when I have beers and stuff) and wondering wtf people are so excited about lifting weights for, but w/e. ;)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
One of my friends wants me to join him at the boxing/mma gym he trains at as he can get me in as a guest for free. Learning how to properly fight might be fun.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

mekilljoydammit posted:

I'm just over here sticking to my calorie intake plan (even on nights when I have beers and stuff) and wondering wtf people are so excited about lifting weights for, but w/e. ;)

My calorie plan is so general it's essentially "Don't eat too much, and try to make it less junk", and it seems to be working as I'm still losing weight (albeit VERY slowly). 5'9" and just dropped under 162lbs this morning. I'll take it.

It's hard to make time to exercise, but I need to try harder. Gah.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Where's everyone at? Goals set for this weekend?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Been putting in some pretty good work on the bike and it was showing at today's group ride. Set some koms and might have hurt some feelings.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1812528504

Glad i got that in and have a big mtb ride planned for tomorrow because I'm at a football game and have been drinking beers and eating chips for like the last 3 hours.

No real goals other for the weekend other than not get too out of control tonight and not hurt myself tomorrow. Next week i need to do an interval session though. Not sure on duration, maybe 1 min efforts. Want to work on the sprinting and hard accelerations for cross.

jamal fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 2, 2018

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Taking the weekend off because it's nothing but thunderstorms here all day every day and my knee and ankle are swelling and murdering me.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Adiabatic posted:

Where's everyone at? Goals set for this weekend?

Spent the day working on my truck, ate some ribs and unhealthy sides for dinner. Planning to work on the wife's car tomorrow and eat better.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.strava.com/activities/1813155982

Bit more hill work

Edit : Oh cool, managed to do something everyday this week

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 2, 2018

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Been laid out with a sinus infection all week. I can barely eat, but when I do, I gorge myself because I don't know when I'll be hungry enough to eat again. But I'm doing a lot of work in the garage, so I like to think that it's balancing itself out
:sweatdrop:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1813155982

Bit more hill work

Edit : Oh cool, managed to do something everyday this week

This is a lot harder to do than people realize. Good work homie!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

"The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavor.” ― Vince Lombardi

GET MOTIVATED

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Reached both my AI/YLLS goals this month.
Bought a new used car that I needed, and got the 1/4" on my arms I needed even more. Sitting at 17 1/4" working on 17 1/2" during September. Very excited but god drat it is blazing hot lifting in the garage right now in Texas. Keeps you moving though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

21 and a half miles for August.

Goal for September is 60.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.strava.com/activities/1818214964

Also making diet corrections and also making sure I actually sleep properly.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

gently caress yeah gentlemen.

Gymming it up after class tonight! NSLD

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I've been good about lifting weights but bad about cardio, so I did 14 miles on the bike this past weekend (first time in a year or so on the bike). My legs and cardio were fine (it was just 7 miles up a slight but continuous incline, then back), but my rear end was killing me from the seat. I forgot it takes a couple of outings to get your body used to it again.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Bike shorts? Bike shorts.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
My junk always falls asleep, so I have to shift around a bunch.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Get a better saddle! If your junk goes numb, you're doing damage to it.

You should be resting on your sit bones, not the squishy bits.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

Get a better saddle! If your junk goes numb, you're doing damage to it.

You should be resting on your sit bones, not the squishy bits.

Or adjust the ride height/posture if your current saddle is sufficiently comfortable. Non-bacterial chronic prostatitis is no joke

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The first time your cockpipe goes numb from a poorly fitting saddle is no joke. Pins and needles in your helmet is not where it's at... :colbert:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It's a gym bike, so no saddle change for me sadly. Who has a good fitment guide? They are super adjustable with height and forward/backward adjustments, and maybe a tilt too.

gently caress yeah, 79lbs lost since Jan 2017.

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 6, 2018

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Try putting it roughly in the middle of its adjustments, as a start. Obviously set the height correctly so you legs are still very slightly bent at the bottom of the stroke.

Then try everything else in standard position, remember to sit a bit back in the saddle, so you're on your butt/sit bones, and see how that works for numbness.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.strava.com/activities/1822856048

Longest ride in time and distance for almost a year (82km). I have a fuckload of HTFU I need to do

YTD - 8109 km

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

QuarkMartial posted:

It's a gym bike, so no saddle change for me sadly. Who has a good fitment guide? They are super adjustable with height and forward/backward adjustments, and maybe a tilt too.

gently caress yeah, 79lbs lost since Jan 2017.

Here you go dude, height and layback is the main thing but also reach as that determines how much weight you place on the saddle vs the bars. From what I remember gym bikes tend to have numbered settings so hopefully you can just remember after setting yourself up the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VYhyppWTDc

Also 79lbs is loving fantastic. :hfive:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CHEST DAY BEST DAY

I got 135 x15, x12, and x8 today on bench. 2 plates 1 rep is now easy :shobon:

Daily motivation:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

CHEST DAY BEST DAY

I got 135 x15, x12, and x8 today on bench. 2 plates 1 rep is now easy :shobon:

Daily motivation:

Where do you get your shirts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Random rear end places. I got that one from iEDM. American As gently caress, Bro Science, and RaverSwag are good sites to find weird poo poo too.

e: lmao just found the next one.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 6, 2018