Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Demtor posted:

I wonder if in advance they thought of possibly being in a time crunch at the end so they figured, "well, if anyone can rush a match it's those guys. Ya'll good with that?" The crazy 6 then all looked at each other and collectively shrugged their shoulders.

More likely they used the ROH Production crew so the main was rushed like every ROH PPV ever.

Horrible pacing leading to a rushed main is an ROH trademark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Astro7x posted:

I’m still at the arena... anybody that loved this but complains about 4 hour WWE PPVs, I don’t know. I’m burned out after 5 hours. They could have cut out 2 hours and just had a really solid show. I could tell people around me were just getting burned out near the end.

Really? Because judging from the crowd reactions, it sure didn't sound like it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

More likely they used the ROH Production crew so the main was rushed like every ROH PPV ever.

Horrible pacing leading to a rushed main is an ROH trademark.

same guy that books ROH PPVs booked this one which was why you saw a lot of the same things. I still think that Tessa victory was a botch and Chelsea was supposed to go over.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

When All In pumps out 11+ hours of unpleasant tv in a PPV view week I will consider feeling as burned out as I do in the interminable 3rd hour of any given Extreme Rules PPV

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

bully ray did a run in on black machismo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

remusclaw posted:

When All In pumps out 11+ hours of unpleasant tv in a PPV view week I will consider feeling as burned out as I do in the interminable 3rd hour of any given Extreme Rules PPV

I mean, there probably is 11 hours of Cody content from this week if you wanted to look for it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I dunno maybe it's because I haven't been watching as many PPV-length events since I stopped bothering with WWE but I had no problem with the overall length all the way through the pre-show to the main.

I even had to watch the pre-show on some hooky twitch stream because I'm not in the US, so there was some douche talking over it constantly and his stupid sound effects kept going off due to what I assume was other twitch people doing things to thank him for promising to steal the PPV for them.

Gotta remember to cancel Honorclub in the morning but now it's definitely bedtime

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Smoking Crow posted:

bully ray did a run in on black machismo
ROH-rear end poo poo in the ROH title match is kinda excusable.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

This was a great show by any sane sort of reckoning, and a good show by 2018 reckoning. NJPW is spoiling the gently caress out of us lately.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

this was a really great show and I look forward to more from these folks

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

remusclaw posted:

This was a great show by any sane sort of reckoning, and a good show by 2018 reckoning. NJPW is spoiling the gently caress out of us lately.

You mean Impact, obviously.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

You mean Impact, obviously.

Dave says it's real good lately but I haven't checked it out. Suppose I should shouldn't I?

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

That show was v good and it’s making me want to just go all takeovers and poo poo like this rather than watching every wwe ppv and feeling like I wasted my time after

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don’t know I don’t watch it but the guys who put in the best work tonight all work for them.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

remusclaw posted:

Dave says it's real good lately but I haven't checked it out. Suppose I should shouldn't I?
Wrestling in 2018 is so good, it even drags Impact to being a solid watch.

e: As Aphrodite said, you saw Fenix, Pentagon, Tessa who are some of their standouts right now plus if you watched Zero Hour, Brian Cage.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

frankenfreak posted:

ROH-rear end poo poo in the ROH title match is kinda excusable.

i saw that and immediately thought tna

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

Astro7x posted:

I’m still at the arena... anybody that loved this but complains about 4 hour WWE PPVs, I don’t know. I’m burned out after 5 hours. They could have cut out 2 hours and just had a really solid show. I could tell people around me were just getting burned out near the end.

How was the smell

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

IDONTPOST posted:

That show was v good and it’s making me want to just go all takeovers and poo poo like this rather than watching every wwe ppv and feeling like I wasted my time after

This has massively increased my wrestling happiness in general. Takeovers are generally worth whatever you pay for them that month anyway.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Just got internet again, here's my live review from the Sears Centre:

Bdjskdhxjeochdhdbskajchdkdjxhshdhdhsbsbsbeh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't feel like I got my money's worth.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I feel like that was worth exactly 4 of my 10 bux.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Holy cats, Okada/Scurll was 26 minutes.

I liked that match a lot but guys you coulda loving told them to go home a LITTLE sooner.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

VJeff posted:

I liked that match a lot but guys you coulda loving told them to go home a LITTLE sooner.

okada gotta get his time in

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Demtor posted:

Really? Because judging from the crowd reactions, it sure didn't sound like it.

I base this on the amount of people looking at their phones instead of looking at the matches. There were times where the crowd was kind of dead and I look around and all cell phones.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

VJeff posted:

Okada Scurll was the best match of the night imo

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Between the Hangman, Kenny and Okada matches I feel pretty satisfied overall

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm so loving tired. The Sears Centre live was amazing. Show was amazing. Loved every loving match.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Did Neville appear???? I heard Jericho did and put the beat down on Omega which is cool and good.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Jiro posted:

Did Neville appear???? I heard Jericho did and put the beat down on Omega which is cool and good.

No to Neville yes to Jericho.

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

That was a very fun show to be in the building for.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
This year alone I've been to two Takeovers, WrestleMania and the Raw after mania and I've still never heard a crowd as loud as the one tonight.

Side note, I'm totally burned out on live wrestling.

JT Smiley fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 2, 2018

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Bofa Justice Warriors

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

VJeff posted:

There was an American referee outside the ring screaming at Marty at about 20ish minutes (probably trying to tell him to wrap it up).

Pinwiz11 posted:

Just got internet again, here's my live review from the Sears Centre:

Bdjskdhxjeochdhdbskajchdkdjxhshdhdhsbsbsbeh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Is this a dial up connection?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Loved the show. Timing issue aside. I thought Page/Janela could have done without the Joey Ryan stuff directly after it and fans had more time to appreciate the spectacle they saw.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

show was good, i enjoyed my time

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Lone Goat posted:

Is this a dial up connection?

I like this, that show made me Baud.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Getting sick and loving tired of shows having something called a "Street Fight" and NOT having the wrestlers fight in their street clothes. Completely breaks my immersion.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Check out the time Scrull/Okada match time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_In_(professional_wrestling_event)

I refuse to believe they allocated that amount of time to it/Marty attempting to have a great match.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Also, GET PENTAGON IN THE G1 STAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

maybe if dipshit cody didn't take 7 fuckin minutes to gig

• Locked thread