Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I dunno, I feel confident that McDonald's feels pretty good about the returns on the whole meme sauce stunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ironically it seems like 'I'm pickle rick' was the show making fun of itself and showing Rick making his own forced catchphrase given he literally orchestrated the whole thing to get out of having to go to therapy. (and it didn't work)

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

People getting made about sauce when they should be mad about the lack of McDonald's Pizza for years on end.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Bust Rodd posted:

I think McDonald’s has absolutely no way of knowing or inferring what was going to happen, because I can’t really think of a time before this when McDonald’s was part of a large scale meme before now.
The only one I can think of is this one...

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/moon-man

And I don't think McDonald's would have wanted to be a part of that.

Ah, then again, there's also this one:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/mcdonald-s-ran-ran-ru-commercial

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hyzenth1ay posted:

I refused to watch this show for years because I did not find children screaming "I'M PICKLE RICK LOLLL" at each other's faces to be funny.

So you refused to watch this show for 1 year?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
McDonalds has always been promoted, inadvertently or not, in super shady ways by unofficial or official means TBH. Most are godawful...some, though, are pretty drat cool.

That vid did make me question, tho, how much cancer was brought into those McDonalds shops by R&M fans and how much cancer was there to begin with due to people who frequent McDonalds in the first place. Or if it's the intersection of both that made the fallout of cringe just exceptionally awful.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 25, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

I think McDonald’s has absolutely no way of knowing or inferring what was going to happen, because I can’t really think of a time before this when McDonald’s was part of a large scale meme before now.

I'd hit that!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Hyzenth1ay posted:

I refused to watch this show for years because I did not find children screaming "I'M PICKLE RICK LOLLL" at each other's faces to be funny.

This show is loving amazing, and is literally one of the best shows I've seen.

Thank you for your consideration.

and lol that on the first page of this thread somebody is stomping they own dick to be the first one to run in and breathlessly shout "pickle rick"

fans are the worst

Pickle Rick was about 13 months ago, also you shouldn't let fans of something dictate your personal enjoyment of it it's not like you have to interact with them on any level while you watch the show.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

CrazyLoon posted:

McDonalds has always been promoted, inadvertently or not, in super shady ways by unofficial or official means TBH. Most are godawful...some, though, are pretty drat cool.

That vid did make me question, tho, how much cancer was brought into those McDonalds shops by R&M fans and how much cancer was there to begin with due to people who frequent McDonalds in the first place. Or if it's the intersection of both that made the fallout of cringe just exceptionally awful.

Absolutely everyone eats at fast food garbage places unless they are health conscious to avoid it. The demographic of People who like Rick & Morty probably is fully encompassed within the sphere of people who eat garbage.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

Pickle Rick was about 13 months ago, also you shouldn't let fans of something dictate your personal enjoyment of it it's not like you have to interact with them on any level while you watch the show.

who cares precisely how many months ago it was (also haha that multiple posters immediately leaped into the thread to smugly correct my precise timing on the episode airing, you both win, you are the Bigger Fans)

the point is it's a very good show and i was wrong to let its rabid fans keep me away from it, like that's the point of my post.

edit: to be clear, i stayed away because the rabid fans are garbage subhuman fucks. kids screaming memes at each other is one thing (i am not interested in this), and manbabies sending rape threats to the female writers of the show is another thing that happened. the fans of this show are basically known to be the worst subset of people who identify as fans of a thing.

it is a goodamn excellent show and i binged through it in two days and i would recommend it to anybody

i also do not care which month a given episode originally aired

namaste

Hyzenth1ay fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 26, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Well you certainly are annoying. You're definitely a Rick and Morty fan.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The point is, don’t think about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Remember that mr poop man is a parasite

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

you're a parasite

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

CelticPredator posted:

Remember that mr poop man is a parasite

Mr poop man went through a hard bout of recovery, got a job and started a family. Most R&M watchers just hosed around and wasted their time waiting for the next season.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hyzenth1ay posted:

who cares precisely how many months ago it was (also haha that multiple posters immediately leaped into the thread to smugly correct my precise timing on the episode airing, you both win, you are the Bigger Fans)

the point is it's a very good show and i was wrong to let its rabid fans keep me away from it, like that's the point of my post.

edit: to be clear, i stayed away because the rabid fans are garbage subhuman fucks. kids screaming memes at each other is one thing (i am not interested in this), and manbabies sending rape threats to the female writers of the show is another thing that happened. the fans of this show are basically known to be the worst subset of people who identify as fans of a thing.

it is a goodamn excellent show and i binged through it in two days and i would recommend it to anybody

i also do not care which month a given episode originally aired

namaste

You need to try harder at hive minding. You don't get to have a nonbinary position.

You just don't.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Imagine not being able to enjoy cool and good stuff because of something/someone else.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Update:
https://twitter.com/spies_please/status/1035213266644082688

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://twitter.com/spies_please/status/1035579745013059585

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

how the gently caress did SU get knocked out in the first round

also we were robbed

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really think Star Wars fans are the worst of all time. At least rick and Morty fans all collectively shut up after all that. Star Wars fans are still harassing the filmmakers 8 months later lmao

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rick & Morty fans are only lying dormant until the inevitable 4 episode that will draw them out of hiding.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Arist posted:

also we were robbed

I feel like Musk’s recent behavior has eliminated all but his most obnoxious fans, so whoever is left supporting him by now is definitely the worst.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

How is Star Wars not even on the list, though?

And what did Harry Potter ever do to anyone?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Eh, seems like some of those were just "pick which of these you like the least". Like, I've never interacted with Big Bang Theory fans, but it got far in the bracket. I think a lot of old people watch that show because they like the bright colors and laugh track, but I don't think they're getting online and starting toxic fandoms about it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think anyone even enjoys Big Bang theory to a degree they actually care about it. Like you put it on the TV and go do other things.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Invalid Validation posted:

I don’t think anyone even enjoys Big Bang theory to a degree they actually care about it. Like you put it on the TV and go do other things.

It’s nerdface whitenoise and has the highest paid cast in cable television

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea but who cares enough about it to be toxic? Do they even exist?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Their particular brand of toxicity is less the “Storm your local McDonald’s” and more “All the female cast members get marriage proposals, gross packages, and death//rape threats pretty much constantly”

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Their particular brand of toxicity is less the “Storm your local McDonald’s” and more “All the female cast members get marriage proposals, gross packages, and death//rape threats pretty much constantly”

Oh do they? That is pretty hosed up

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They are the most visible “nerd” girls on TV. I would wager the only women who get it worse are titty streamers who get doxxed

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea guess that’s pretty bad.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

What a surprise that the superhot blonde girls who date nerds on primetime TV would attract weird nerds.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Arist posted:

how the gently caress did SU get knocked out in the first round

Because all the steven universe fans voted for its opponent?

Seems like a flaw in this design. :thunk:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

nooooooooooo

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

PostNouveau posted:

Eh, seems like some of those were just "pick which of these you like the least". Like, I've never interacted with Big Bang Theory fans, but it got far in the bracket. I think a lot of old people watch that show because they like the bright colors and laugh track, but I don't think they're getting online and starting toxic fandoms about it.

I've never heard anyone passionately defend BBT, which seems like a very bad show, but do anti fans count for this contest? The whole "BBT is nerd blackface, stop appropriating our culture" thing was pretty drat embarrassing.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I don't mind bbt, but yeah like that guy said, it's just background noise while we eat dinner

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

So what exactly is your favorite thing about Joe Rogan?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I really like that one gif where Miesha Tate is stripping down for the weigh-in right in front of him and you can tell he's trying really hard not to look but he slips a peek at her rear end and then makes a face like "ohshit" at someone offscreen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Manwithastick posted:

I don't mind bbt, but yeah like that guy said, it's just background noise while we eat dinner

What a fuckin sad meal