Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I actually really liked the Cody match, the crowd being hot for it helped tremendously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Had a great time at the event, but I was getting pretty exhausted by Scurll/Okada. I definitely wasn’t into it as much as I should have been but they still managed to drag me in at the finish. The 6 man tag was EXACTLY what I needed after 5 hours.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

NienNunb posted:

I actually really liked the Cody match, the crowd being hot for it helped tremendously.

The crowd was the only thing that made me enjoy that match, it was pretty sloppy

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

tweet my meat posted:

Okada Scurll was the best match of the night imo

Agree. I don't think it's that close either but whatever.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Also furthering my narratives here.

Delirious needs to ousted as ROH booker. Doesn't have an interesting idea in his head. And hasn't for years.

Meltzer doesn't review ROH TV he reviews all Being The Elite.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Watching it live I think it was worth my money. A lot of kind off goofy exhibition matches. I felt a real feeling when Cody had his dog with him. ROH title match was fun until the end. Last 3 matches were all amazing and I don't think people were checked out at all but I was on the floor.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I loved the Cody match. The position on the card and all the older people being in the entrances made me think, just enough to be worried, that Billy Corgan went 'nah my guy Nick Aldis is retaining in some massive clusterfuck'.

All In had a ton of different styles, which is kinda what pro wrestling is ideally. Something for everybody.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Loved the show. Timing issue aside. I thought Page/Janela could have done without the Joey Ryan stuff directly after it and fans had more time to appreciate the spectacle they saw.

It made Page look like a chump. This stuff they have him doing for BTE is dragging him down when he's a great wrestler who could be a near-top dude in NJPW.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

It made Page look like a chump. This stuff they have him doing for BTE is dragging him down when he's a great wrestler who could be a near-top dude in NJPW.

BTE has made him a star in months after ROH tried for years. If it wasn't BTE he wouldn't have been in the G1.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

VJeff posted:

He can do fun goofy stuff in their vanity show and still be a top NJPW guy. He's getting an obvious push in Japan and bring carried away by dicks won't kill it. Wrapping up a storyline on their goofy vanity show at their overblown vanity house show makes sense.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

VJeff posted:

Page will never be a top guy, he just doesn't have it. Compare him side by side with Adam Cole. Some guys just have ceilings and thats ok.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did nobody catch them spelling Flip Gordon's name wrong on the match up graphic?

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Holy poo poo this show was awesome to be at. I felt bad for Okada because the Jericho pop kinda winded everyone, but I haven't been that entertained by wrestling for that length of time in forever.

Also, Dick supremacy

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

rovert posted:

Also furthering my narratives here.

Delirious needs to ousted as ROH booker. Doesn't have an interesting idea in his head. And hasn't for years.

Agree on Delirious. ROH is in a weird spot. On one hand it's way bigger and cooler than it's ever been and they're co-promoting a sold out show at MSG next year. It's also by far the most boring part of the loose NJPW/CMLL/ROH/NWA coalition we have now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Page will never be a top guy, he just doesn't have it. Compare him side by side with Adam Cole. Some guys just have ceilings and thats ok.

Given Adam Cole went through weird bland periods where he lost a ton of his momentum I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean since you don't seem to mean "Adam Page can be a top guy, just look at Adam Cole."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

BTE has made him a star in months after ROH tried for years. If it wasn't BTE he wouldn't have been in the G1.

Being on BTE has made him a star, I don't think Joey Ryan's dick made him a star.

Lid posted:

Tanahashi said he would save him, dammit. :mad:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Astro7x posted:

Did nobody catch them spelling Flip Gordon's name wrong on the match up graphic?

Dude wasn't even booked on the show how can you expect them to know his name.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

VJeff posted:

Being on BTE has made him a star, I don't think Joey Ryan's dick made him a star.

Tanahashi said he would save him, dammit. :mad:

Tanahashi also wanted to work with Billy Gunn and thought it would be a good match

MassRafTer posted:

Given Adam Cole went through weird bland periods where he lost a ton of his momentum I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean since you don't seem to mean "Adam Page can be a top guy, just look at Adam Cole."

Cole may have been bland in periods but theres never been a time when thinking "Adam Cole? Really?" contrast with well Jay Lethal the current and long time ROH champion and how despite that he just exists.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I have one complaint about All In, the guy behind me was very drunk and spent 20 minutes fantasy booking CM Punk showing up after he didn't appear in the Battle Royal. He also stole my Okada bucks.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My favorite detail from live attendance: after the show/wrapup promos ended, Bullet with Butterfly Wings started playing on the PA.

I was dyin. I hope that was a stipulation from Corgan for the NWA title match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Apparently the Elite ditched the Conrad sponsored after party to go to Fridays.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Who was that 12 year old boy Bully Ray was trying to murder?

And does Billy Gunn really have a kid who wrestles? Because I'm not entirely convinced that wasn't a tiny clone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Tanahashi also wanted to work with Billy Gunn and thought it would be a good match

Cole may have been bland in periods but theres never been a time when thinking "Adam Cole? Really?" contrast with well Jay Lethal the current and long time ROH champion and how despite that he just exists.

Scores of people had this basic complaint about his last two years in ROH.

Tanahashi was right.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Astro7x posted:

Hey, it was last minute stuff to do with him surprisingly entering and winning the battle royale, cut them some slack.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was least excited about the Jay Lethal match than anything else before All In, but he really won me over with the "Liz" and Machismo spots, I think what sold me most on it was Lanny on the outside looking like he was having the time of his loving life watching the match.

Penta/Omega was definitely match of the night, it was so goddamn good that my friend who hates non-WWE wrestling refused to take a smoke break until it was over (And then took one after the pinfall and missed Jericho)

Poor Rey Horus though, was on his way to being Rey Mysterio Jr Jr but Fenix has made him totally irrelevant.

I can't believe it took Callis pointing it out but Fenix/Pentagon being like Mysterio/Psicosis is a perfect contrast between the two (Except this time Pentagon has all the charisma and fenix has almost none)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Apparently the Elite ditched the Conrad sponsored after party to go to Fridays.

https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/1036130931478855680

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lone Goat posted:

maybe if dipshit cody didn't take 7 fuckin minutes to gig
I'm more mad at Cody not being able to drag Aldis up, but getting dragged down by him. Those were the longest 22 minutes of my life.

And yeah I'm more mad about that than Okada and Scurll going 26 because those two went at it at an appropriate pace that escalated to a finish while Cody and Aldis just did things for 22 loving minutes.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

rovert posted:

Rightly so, ROH TV is watchable, but sort of blah.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
TGI Friday's has cheesesticks, Conrad has a penis pump. I think Golden Elite win here.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

which of those is better when it's still a little frozen in the middle

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cavauro posted:

which of those is better when it's still a little frozen in the middle
You're right, I would take a penis pump a little cold in the middle than an undercooked cheese stick

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

frankenfreak posted:

I'm more mad at Cody not being able to drag Aldis up, but getting dragged down by him. Those were the longest 22 minutes of my life.

And yeah I'm more mad about that than Okada and Scurll going 26 because those two went at it at an appropriate pace that escalated to a finish while Cody and Aldis just did things for 22 loving minutes.

I was at Roadblock (not end of the line) live, and I though I would never forget Cody for having a bad match with Sami Zayn. I got pretty close with all the BTE stuff but I guess I was right all along.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So did Fenix gently caress up the finish and if so did he do it on purpose.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when is this show being added to njpw world

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

VJeff posted:

So did Fenix gently caress up the finish and if so did he do it on purpose.
It's kinda irrelevant since they went off the air mid-sentance and really didn't have time for anything else. Knox was telling them "Time to go home" like 3 minutes into the match

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Being in the building for Cody/aldis was loving unreal, i think that was the loudest the crowd was all night. Also fuckin glacier was in Cody's entourage so I choose to believe the superkick he did was actually a Cryonic Kick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

any truth to the rumor that the long delay after rey mysterio's music started playing is because they told him about the match length right before he went on and he threatened to leave But then ray phoenix said "we're both named rey and that's ok" and it calmed down Reymysterio enough to go on with it. rovert

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Much like last time Mysterio missed his music cue, they actually just forgot to tell him he was in a match

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
booyaka booyaka out of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
jordynne should've won the title and everyone knows it

• Locked thread