Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tired: Getting Jim Cornette fan boys to admit they are racist.

Wired: Getting them to threaten to rape you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That sure went form zero to :psypop: in a hurry

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Denim Fritz was told by Bryan Last before to tone it down. Looks the memo was shredded and eaten in a bowl of whiskey.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MassRafTer posted:

Tired: Getting Jim Cornette fan boys to admit they are racist.

Wired: Getting them to threaten to rape you.

That went from 0 to 100 in a second.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The gently caress?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/spacface/status/1036076561043279878

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
We need a ranking system for how your tweets inspire the weirdest poo poo. Like, where does being threatened with rape rank vs talking about the Bucks leading to casual racism or the Sharia Law Center thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

We need a ranking system for how your tweets inspire the weirdest poo poo. Like, where does being threatened with rape rank vs talking about the Bucks leading to casual racism or the Sharia Law Center thing.

Bland atheism guy brought up the Sharia Law Center so he's close to a bingo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, minor compared to the rape threat, but Flair/Race for an hour? Really? I can understand Flair/Steamboat, but by the time Ric was hitting his peak, Harley was way past his.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Also, minor compared to the rape threat, but Flair/Race for an hour? Really? I can understand Flair/Steamboat, but by the time Ric was hitting his peak, Harley was way past his.

Ah, but somebody he blindly follows told him it was good, so...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

He later said that was a metaphor and had never seen a Flair/Race broadway.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

much later while laying in bed he said he does not remember what harley race looks like and the earliest ric flair match he has seen was slamboree 1994

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
The Chris Regal Memorial Thread for Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions: use that Brillo hair to clean up my junk

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just wait until MRT tells them that Rush/Park is a better feud than Flair/Steamboat

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Chris Regal Memorial Thread for Stupid Wrestling Fan Opinions: God, I'm hot.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
https://twitter.com/5deuce4tre7/status/1036184213781983232?s=21

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hes right

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

honest journalists like Rosenberg and Masked Man would never stoop to such tomfoolery

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

jesus WEP posted:

Corny doesn’t like the comedy stuff but him being mad on twitter about it is 100% work
This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing with Cornette, but I can assure you that he's not working with this stuff. I don't even understand why "Cornette isn't actually mad, he's just working" has become such a widespread thing, past that Omega has an audience and he's spread it.

coconono posted:

its funny because Cornette yells that these guys are all on outlaw mud shows when he's the one that only gets booked for money mark vanity feds that'll coddle his balls constantly.

I think he's confused who is making money wrestling these days.
Similarly I don't really understand the whole "Cornette doesn't make money" thing being so widespread.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

My friend david is here. explain yourself to him.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

davidbix posted:

This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing with Cornette, but I can assure you that he's not working with this stuff. I don't even understand why "Cornette isn't actually mad, he's just working" has become such a widespread thing, past that Omega has an audience and he's spread it.

I don't see why it can't be both. I'm sure Cornette hates the current indie style, but he has a podcast so he takes it up to 12 with the anger and theats and what have you.

It's a carnie business, so you then anything controversial gets turned into heat in an attempt to draw.

Do I think he would he work with those guys if he thought it would earn money? Absolutely.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Go RV! posted:

I don't see why it can't be both. I'm sure Cornette hates the current indie style, but he has a podcast so he takes it up to 12 with the anger and theats and what have you.

IIRC the basic premise of this (he hates x but goes to extremes about it because there's an audience for that) was his argument when the cops showed up at his door with a restraining order for threatening Russo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

Similarly I don't really understand the whole "Cornette doesn't make money" thing being so widespread.

Cornette's doing this stuff to get a rise out of fans. It brings him a certain atavistic joy to have people blow up his mentions screaming that their sacred calf is being verbally mutilated. I enjoy hearing him pop off, honestly. Even if I eyeroll while doing it.

And he does make money, just not in the way he constantly harps people on. He's got a pretty loyal fanbase that knows him from his heyday but he's not growing new fans. The stuff he yells about are the things 20 somethings look at him like he's from mars.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like Cornette's failed attempts to get a rise put of Chuck Taylor on twitter

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Go RV! posted:

It's a carnie business, so you then anything controversial gets turned into heat in an attempt to draw.

Do I think he would he work with those guys if he thought it would earn money? Absolutely.

I actually disagree on that last point, because it would have happened by now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I actually disagree on that last point, because it would have happened by now.

The Bucks have claimed Jim approached them at a show to do a run in PWG where he'd manage them to get heat but by then he'd said some gross poo poo about Matt and Nick's families so they told him to kick rocks. Feasible but not sure if it's true.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

p sure Omega has told him to piss off as well

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
They’ve all made it clear they don’t want anything to do with Cornette. I think Cornette started off irritated by the elite but kind of excited to do business with them but they didn’t appreciate the tone he was taking and knew he was being kind of truthful about his opinion and weren’t insterested. Totally different generations working different angles essentially. Cornettes used to people working with people they hate to garner heat. Bucks and Omega think that’s dumb and there’s no reason they should have to rely on that when they’re the biggest acts around without it. I can see an argument from both sides tbh but I can also see a reason they shouldn’t interact

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Aesop Poprock posted:

They’ve all made it clear they don’t want anything to do with Cornette. I think Cornette started off irritated by the elite but kind of excited to do business with them but they didn’t appreciate the tone he was taking and knew he was being kind of truthful about his opinion and weren’t insterested. Totally different generations working different angles essentially. Cornettes used to people working with people they hate to garner heat. Bucks and Omega think that’s dumb and there’s no reason they should have to rely on that when they’re the biggest acts around without it. I can see an argument from both sides tbh but I can also see a reason they shouldn’t interact

Omega and the Bucks don't really get anything from working with Cornette at this point, so why would they put up with him? It's not like they're new guys trying to get over and Cornette is some high-profile figure these days.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Can we post about stupid wrestle journalists ITT?

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1036973578988675072

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They were two terrible dives.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

They were two terrible dives.

The Sasha dive into the kick was apparently planned. The Brie ones were not. :ssh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sasha's dive sucked, Brie's dive sucked, both dives sucked

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Don't fuckin dive unless you're willing to die. Sasha's already proven she'll go to hell for that lovely company. Brie's in it because her husband has the brainworms real bad.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Brie and Bryan both call themselves genetic failures according to his book.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Cornette being an old crotchety angry rear end in a top hat who hates comedy wrestling rules

He's an angry purist who spits and talks about the good old days and its funny and cool

EDIT: I also admire Jim's purity of vision. He has a clear idea of what wrestling should be and how it should operate, and I kind of admire that level of philosophical commitment to the craft.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 4, 2018

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Cornette being an old crotchety angry rear end in a top hat who hates comedy wrestling rules

He's an angry purist who spits and talks about the good old days and its funny and cool

EDIT: I also admire Jim's purity of vision. He has a clear idea of what wrestling should be and how it should operate, and I kind of admire that level of philosophical commitment to the craft.

he had mark curtis dress up as a ninja turtle named cowabunga and do comedy matches in SMW, he's a hypocrite and a hack fraud

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

First time watching SMW, the first match: one of the wrestlers roll up the ref and the other wrestler count 3. That was the finish. Or it could have been the ref pinning the wrestler. I turned that poo poo off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

new jack