Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jippa posted:

I'm a huge prodigy fan but this is terrible
Huge old Prodigy fan or huge Prodigy fan? Because I know there are fans of their old stuff who absolutely hate their newer material and that's not the case for me at all. I think it's all dope.

Obviously their older material is the stuff of legends, but I don't think they've stopped spitting fire in recent years. It may be different but I don't think it's bad at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jippa posted:

I'm a huge prodigy fan but this is terrible

It's not terrible, it's just exactly the same as every other track they've done for the last 20 years.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Jedit posted:

It's not terrible, it's just exactly the same as every other track they've done for the last 20 years.

Thank you.

It's not bad but it doesn't do anything. As much as I dislike their newer stuff, it was at least bombastic and in your face, this sounds like a lead-in for a bigger track almost. It's an intro I'm guessing, or a b-side of an earlier album again (this seems like a habit).

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 20, 2018

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It does less for me than the "premiere" tracks of their previous couple of albums. Clearly more effort put into the video, shall we say.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ok it's not terrible, it has the ingredients but not the spark if that makes sense.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Some recommendations you can look from the set list:

Jai Wolf
Adventure Club
Claude Vonstroke
Gorgon City (conflict with Claude)
Arty
Two Friends

Holy poo poo Jai Wolf and Two Friends ruled I'm gonna do future and deadmau5 because I'm basic as hell.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

LionYeti posted:

Holy poo poo Jai Wolf and Two Friends ruled I'm gonna do future and deadmau5 because I'm basic as hell.

Glad you liked them man! And deadmau5 always puts on a good show and I imagine Future is a lot of fun.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Holy poo poo Hardwells Tomorrowland set rules. https://youtu.be/Y8N9vxYxWcc

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RL Grime's second album is out today, but the 3 songs I enjoy most were already released as singles, 2 last year and one this year (Era, Reims and Pressure).

Not sure the rest of it's gonna set the clubs/festivals on fire like these already have been. There's several fairly standard EDM/R&B/hip-hop mixtures.

e: The new Bassnectar tho :vince:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Ly_IOobQk

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 28, 2018

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

RL Grime's second album is out today, but the 3 songs I enjoy most were already released as singles, 2 last year and one this year (Era, Reims and Pressure).

Not sure the rest of it's gonna set the clubs/festivals on fire like these already have been. There's several fairly standard EDM/R&B/hip-hop mixtures.

Shoulda is extremely my vibe, impressed he did a great wave track.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tomorrowland streaming from 4 stages is the highlight of my year. Ultra is amateur hour.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fuuuck I love this part so much (timecoded link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWjLvizVIHI&t=71s

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 29, 2018

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
The new crystal method single bangs. I can’t wait for that and the new prodigy album to drop

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New Rezz album out at midnight y'all! Also her Lollapalooza set is gonna be livestreamed in just over an hour:

https://twitter.com/OfficialRezz/status/1025160846803193856

Other Lolla sets being livestreamed this weekend include ODESZA, TroyBoi, Zedd, Illenium, Zomboy, K?D, Dillon Francis, Rusko, etc.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 3, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rezz's new album loving rules :pcgaming: Listening to this with headphones is turning the inside of my head into a sea of 1s and 0s. I keep thinking about this tweet I saw earlier while listening to it:

https://twitter.com/zacharymk_/status/1025189718907138048

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

uhh hey guys

https://soundcloud.com/official-rezz/sets/certain-kind-of-magic

its good. its reallll good.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

It's nearly Orbital time....

E: first support act is some Glasgow DJ going by Petrichor. Experimental ambient, extremely my poo poo. Will have to look him up later.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 10, 2018

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Plaid on stage now. Please send help, my trousers are vibrating.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

That was a good show. And assuming the audio turned out OK, I recorded it for you all. Expect to see links in a few days.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Orbital are great live, it's weird how different their tunes sound live in that it's SUPER loving LOUD.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Justice’s woman worldwide dropping friday mother fuckers. That poo poo is gonna bang

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

SD87 posted:

Justice’s woman worldwide dropping friday mother fuckers. That poo poo is gonna bang

I pre-ordered it after hearing the first teaser aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it feels like it's been forever already. Also nice that this may hopefully silence those dickheads suggesting that the last 2 albums weren't worth poo poo (they were loving great you morons).

"it's not exactly the same as the last album, I just wanted to listen to the exact same loving thing until forever, this is awful!"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SD87 posted:

I heard Chorus WWW the other day and it's really loving good. The singles from this thing that have been released so far grabbed me wayyyy more than Woman did. This is gonna be Justice's Alive 2007.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I heard Chorus WWW the other day and it's really loving good. The singles from this thing that have been released so far grabbed me wayyyy more than Woman did. This is gonna be Justice's Alive 2007.

Well this and the other posts have convinced me I need to pre-order the 3x LP that comes with 2x CD's as well. It's only $25 on their site which seemed great for that whole package. My collection of dance music on vinyl leaves a lot to be desired and I feel like Justice is a great place to get it going.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Noice. My love for justice has been rekindled and I just ordered AVD and Woman on vinyl

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSAPD-Nk6p4

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Found something by the first support act in Glasgow. It was tricky - there's also a band called Petrichor, and several albums called Petrichor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1O7K4vLRrM

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Anyone going to Alison Wonderland and elohim in Chicago tonight?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Goddamn Woman World wide is good

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Yeah it is. I think my claim a few days ago that this would be their Alive '07 might've been overly optimistic. I don't think it's that legendary, but it is really good. It's not on fire for its entire hour and a half long runtime, but there are some really high highs on this thing. It's definitely a solid journey through their whole discography

Bassnectar's new EP (Reflective Part 3) is also out today. Not his best work, but I'm into a few of the tracks on it, like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cggwJpkLacc

And Heavyweight Sound, which I'm pretty sure I posted earlier ITT and still knocks me on my rear end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Ly_IOobQk

Hearing him drop Heavyweight Sound live would for sure make me flip out haha

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK this instrumental is so good (timecoded link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uFcOfNPPtE&t=46s

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I finally got my CD copy for the car and listened to it on a trip this weekend. Man it's loving outstanding, they way they've woven multiple tracks together from different albums is superb and I found myself just singing along the whole time. The new WWW versions of tracks as well, excellent. I think I heard Love S.O.S. layered into tracks that don't actually have it named on the album too, it pops up in at least 3 tracks.

Just so good. If anything I hope it makes people go back and realise that Woman and AVD are excellent albums in their own right and that not getting more of the same in a Cross 2 album isn't a bad thing at all.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Woman Worldwide has shot Justice into my bucket list of bands to see live, if the set is half as good as WWW I'll be thrilled.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

LionYeti posted:

Woman Worldwide has shot Justice into my bucket list of bands to see live, if the set is half as good as WWW I'll be thrilled.

Yeah I was just sat there thinking about how good it'd be live. Also how is Chorus now a complete dancefloor bomb?! :derp:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This to me is their best performance I've found on youtube they are loving incredible. If you only watch prodigy once watch this (in glorious 480p).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inu0xeteuxg

Jippa fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 3, 2018

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I went to grab Woman Worldwide vinyl, but Justice's site says it is sold out now. Amazon has it for pre-order but it seems like its way more expensive ($46 pre-order). Any ideas if I can get it elsewhere or is Amazon my best bet at this point?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LionYeti posted:

I saw them at a festival in like 2012 and I remember them being good but I don't remember the set being quite like WWW . Either my memory's bad or maybe they've only started doing sets like that in more recent years.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Y’all know A Cross the Universe exists and is still their best live album right

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Y’all know A Cross the Universe exists and is still their best live album right

There's only 2 live albums... ;)

WWW is more cohesive than ACtU though and no audience so is my preferred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Your opinion is acknowledged but I riposte with the fact that the version of Stress on WWW is a sin against God and should send the group to music jail.