Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Demtor posted:

Oh, well I found this that helped

http://www.stardom-world.com/champions/

Noticed that last years G1 winner signed with that other company's UK division. Gross.

Man I could have not typed all that :argh:

Yeah, that was kind of a weird situation. Toni won the Red Belt from Mayu in her shot for winning the 5*GP, when Mayu did her running dropkick and dislocated her arm (which is why she has the sleeve).

Toni immediately left the country for months, taking the belt with her. She defended it maybe three times over the next 9 months, which a lot of Western fans seem to resent her for. The white belt basically became the top belt for a bit, which played into the departure of Io Shirai storyline in the end, so it worked out.

Kagetsu won the red belt back only very recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Go RV! posted:

Man I could have not typed all that :argh:

Not at all, I appreciate the explanations. Pictures only do so much. Thanks for getting us all into this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kagetsu is the coolest and the best. That's why she's the champ. If she's given half a chance she'll run away with the match. Her performance this GP is no exception. I hope her neck is only kayfaybe hosed and not realsies.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Who is eligible for the Cinderella tournament?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Who is eligible for the Cinderella tournament?

Any female working for STARDOM is eligible for the Cinderella Tournament (including gaijin working for them at the time). The prize is any match you wish for. Momo Watanabe won it last time, and challenged Io Shirai for the Wonder of STARDOM title.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

coconono posted:

Kagetsu is the coolest and the best. That's why she's the champ. If she's given half a chance she'll run away with the match. Her performance this GP is no exception. I hope her neck is only kayfaybe hosed and not realsies.

She's fantastic and yeah one of those people that just exudes cool.

I've mostly just watched highlights from Stardom and Oedo Tai stuff but I finally subscribed and I'm going to have fun going through the archives.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Janken tournaments are always a pro watch.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Catching up on the tournament this afternoon, I was disappointed to learn that Oedo Tai's 3 rules only lasted for one show.

Though I guess I'm glad that none of them had to die.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is there an app for Stardom or do I have to log onto the website everytime?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

TV Zombie posted:

Just the website. They've said they want an app but its not in budget range right now.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TV Zombie posted:

Just the site. I use the Silk browser on a Fire Stick to watch it and it works really well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really hate Kimber Lee's stupid split counter. It looks dumb every time and she just winds up getting grabbed by her opponent anyway. Also, her, Klein, and Ellering is like the least interesting trios team ever.

I do hope Rachael and Shiki are okay after that match, though.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

Every time and no matter how much you hit "remember me every time" it won't.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TTBF posted:

Every time and no matter how much you hit "remember me every time" it won't.

It at least keeps my email in the input even if it doesn't keep me logged in so I don't have to suffer through the agony of manually typing my email on my TV every single time.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Phenix Rising posted:

I do hope Rachael and Shiki are okay after that match, though.

Yeah, looks like they bashed their heads together on Rachael's giant powerbomb. Rachael's head was bleeding pretty bad.

They both wrestled again later that night, according to the spoilers, and there's no reports of injuries, so that's a good sign.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Go RV! posted:

They both wrestled again later that night, according to the spoilers, and there's no reports of injuries, so that's a good sign.

Ah good to know. Trying to avoid spoilers so didn't want to dive too deeply into Twitter.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Phenix Rising posted:

I really hate Kimber Lee's stupid split counter. It looks dumb every time and she just winds up getting grabbed by her opponent anyway. Also, her, Klein, and Ellering is like the least interesting trios team ever.

Hah, this is a good point. I'm not familiar with her but I read she's been wrestling everywhere for quite some time. So when I saw her do it the first night, I thought "huh, must be some unique move she does. Kind of neat." Then the second night was like, "okay, I saw that already and why are you doing this again? It doesn't seem to work." The finger wave isn't an unstoppable taunt. It's a annoying mom move that makes you look pretty dumb. Especially when most everyone else is throwing angry heat strikes and power moves.

After watching Momo's third match against Natsu, I'm starting to see why she's been booked as strong as she is. At 18, that's a little rear end kicker in the making! Fun to see some of the vehement hatred after the match between Oedo Tai and her given their history. Hopefully QQ will be able to thrive without Io. That seems like a pretty big loss.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Osaka day's handicap match was unexpectedly good. JAN's junior members are fuckin vicious.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

coconono posted:

Osaka day's handicap match was unexpectedly good. JAN's junior members are fuckin vicious.

Yeah, that was really so much better than I expected. Ruaka and Hanan have some real potential. It's too early to tell with Leo, but I like her energy.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

Jamie Hayter's knees have been SUPER soft the last two matches. She completely missed against the ropes vs Nicole Savoy. That match... I dunno. Disappointing.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

Just got around to the Saki Kashima vs Kelly Klein match... there's a happy medium somewhere with the knees strikes and that wasn't it. That was a bit uncomfortable to watch but to be fair, looks like she tripped in to it almost. Lucky there was nothing broken. Solid finish with one last heavy knee (double slap) for a grueling 6 minute semi-squash for women who is triple Saki's size. Glad she didn't kick out of that.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Natsu is incredibly entertaining. She's a very expressive performer and just a ton of fun.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Natsu is incredibly entertaining. She's a very expressive performer and just a ton of fun.

She's gotten way better recently. When she first started with STARDOM she wasn't as confident in her work and it showed. The last few months is where she's really hit her stride.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Natsu is cool and good and she's even better when she's delivering burns to the people who send her creepy tweets.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FInished out the day show, good stuff again. Jamie Hayter still continues to impress even if she whiffed a few knees.

01 Red Stars
Konami vs Natsuko Tora
skip this was just a bad match, sorry.

02 Handicap Match
Hazuki & Kagetsu vs Hanan, Ruaka & Leo Onozaki
good the junior members of JAN are fuckin savages

03 Trios Match
Utami Hayashishita, Starlight Kid & Shiki Shibusawa vs Rachael Ellering, Kelly Klein & Kimber Lee
good The rookies stand tall against the towering gaijin. There's a headclash towards the end that gets bloody

04 Blue Stars
Saki Kashima vs Nicole Savoy
skip boring! Saki does nothing for me, and Nicole just isn't aggressive at all.

05 Blue Stars
Natsu Sumire vs Momo Watanabe
must watch Natsu and Momo go to war.

06 Red Stars
Jungle Kyona vs Tam Nakano
TAM TIME Match of the show. Jungle and Tam beat the ever living piss out of each other

07 Blue Stars
Mayu Iwatani vs Jamie Hayter
good Another battle match, sadly the crowd doesn't pop for poo poo.

coconono fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 1, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So far the only foreigner I'm enjoying is Hayter who I REALLY enjoy even though I do agree she whiffed pretty badly on some knees in the past couple of matches.

Ellering has even softer looking offense (despite that head-splitting botch), Kimber bores me completely, Klein is just not good, and Savoy is fine but does nothing remarkable for me.

Natsu is amazing and her match with Mayu was a ton of fun. I think Konami and Jungle are 2 of my clear top 3 as a person brand new to STARDOM with a rotating cast of others dancing around that 3rd spot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I keep expecting Klein to go full Stan Hansen but she never quite closes the deal.

Kimber is cool but yeah she's not wowing me this tournament run.

Ellering has moments, but like Klein she never really gets super aggressive.

Savoy just looks bored with the whole thing.

Kyona had a rough start but she definitely got her fire back.

I think but Konami and Mayu are a lot more banged up than they're letting on because of them are having mobility issues.

So far my faves are Hayter, Tam and Natsu. HM to Kagetsu and Kyona.

Ruaka and Leo are owning those opener matches, I can't wait for them to become adults and wreck shop.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

Savoy was so much cooler as a trash talking heel in SHIMMER it kind of sucks to see her as this sort of bland character she's doing now. Plus, I think she's still not confident in her knee. She used to be a lot crisper before she got hurt.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheHock posted:

Savoy was so much cooler as a trash talking heel in SHIMMER it kind of sucks to see her as this sort of bland character she's doing now. Plus, I think she's still not confident in her knee. She used to be a lot crisper before she got hurt.

Yeah, it kind of stinks that most of the foreigners adopt the character of "I'm happy to be here and excited to wrestle!" in their pre-match promos. I think Hayter is the only one who has shown any kind of real character so far in those promos.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what are like five meiko matches i should catch? i only saw her three way match at pancakes and piledrivers earlier this year but i'm hearing she has a strong rep as probably the best woman wrestler that's active today

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what are like five meiko matches i should catch? i only saw her three way match at pancakes and piledrivers earlier this year but i'm hearing she has a strong rep as probably the best woman wrestler that's active today

This is the 5*GP thread, and Meiko is mostly with Sendai Girls, but she does appear on special occasions. Here's everything of hers I can find on Stardom World, newest to oldest:

Meiko Satomura vs Toni Storm
Meiko Satomura & Io Shirai vs Takumi Iroha & Yoko Bito (Bito's Retirement Match)
Io Shirai & Meiko Satomura vs Mayu Iwatani & Chihiro Hashimoto (Io's 10th Anniversary)
Io Shirai & Kairi Hojo vs Meiko Satomura & Mika Iwata (Stardom vs Sendai Girls)
Thunder Rock (Io Shirai/Mayu Iwatani) vs Kairi Hojo & Meiko Satomura
Io Shirai vs Meiko Satomura
Meiko Satomura vs Kairi Hojo

I haven't watched the older stuff, but honestly all of the participants in these are top tier, so you can't go wrong with any of them.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 3, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

She really shines in the singles matches but that Thunder Rock tag is really good.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

kagetsu is really good why aren't more people talking about kagetsu outside of like

us

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Smoking Crow posted:

kagetsu is really good why aren't more people talking about kagetsu outside of like

us

She's doesn't do a lot of outside dates, Total Divas Gifs twitter gives her love when they cover Stardom tho.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I hoped that ROH would be a good platform for Hana, Hazuki, Kagetsu and Mayu, but it felt like a weird fit (though their second set of matches was much better than the Vegas one).

I really wish they could get into SHIMMER where they'd get a much smaller, but more receptive audience.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the four-woman tag match at best in the world was hotter than any match shimmer has ever had

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the matches on Osaka Night are a lot more violent. Savoy had a great match against Hayter and Kelly Klein did some kneebased dental surgery.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

It was nice to hear Stardom brought up during the Observer Report's live fan Q&A before All In when the last question was from a female fan asking why women's wrestling is terrible and where could she turn for quality stuff to get in to.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Demtor posted:

It was nice to hear Stardom brought up during the Observer Report's live fan Q&A before All In when the last question was from a female fan asking why women's wrestling is terrible and where could she turn for quality stuff to get in to.

I haven't listened to that one yet, but that's good to hear. He's definitely talked up Momo on at least one occasion as being incredibly good, especially for her age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Osaka Night was definitely the top to bottom card to watch. Good mix of violence and shenanigans.

01 Three Way Battle
Hazuki vs Ruaka vs Leo Onozaki
Good Hazuki tries threats and bribes to divide JAN's Juniors against each other. What ensues would be considered child abuse if outside of the confines of professional wrestling.

02 Blue Stars
Nicole Savoy vs Jamie Hayter
Must Watch I enjoyed a Savoy match! She and Jamie throw down.

03 Blue Stars
Saki Kashima vs Kelly Klein
good Saki gets thrown to the wolves in this one. I fuckin love it.

04 Four Way Tag
Momo & Utami vs Rachael & Kimber vs Hanan & Shiki vs Tam-Kid
good/TAM TIME The big gaijin find themselves in a dangerous war between adorable murderers.

05 Red Stars
Jungle Kyona vs Konami
Must Watch Konami and Jungle have great chemistry and go haaaard.

06 Blue Stars
Mayu Iwatani vs Natsu Sumire
SHENANIGANS Natsu does her usual schtick and then things get wild. Would be match of the night.

07 Red Stars
Kagetsu vs Natsuko Tora
MUST WATCH Stardom shelled out money so you could watch a timer count down because Kagetsu said if she can't beat Natsuko in 3 minutes, she'll let Natsuko win. Because they're in Osaka, home of Nissan Instant Cup Noodles. Crowd got rowdy for this one so its match of the night.

• Locked thread