Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Burkion posted:

I am

GENUINELY confused

Was it supposed to be implied that he was talking to Kat about JJ on the phone

Cause Kat was in the episode but they didn't do a whole lot?? I think they held hands but you'd think she'd ask him how their son was

Ah whatever maybe it's in the extended cut

I think they wanted to imply the kid was his and Kat's, but didn't want to explicitly pin it down in dialog such that fans can keep their own personal theories on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's kind of like the Teen Titans Robin thing

They never explicitly say he's Dick Grayson

buuuuuut he's Dick Grayson

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Nodosaur posted:

Tommy didn't just grow a kid in a dinozord egg

Lol, okay bud. You believe whatever you want.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Lol, okay bud. You believe whatever you want.

If these last few specials have taught me anything, Tommy can and will do whatever the gently caress he wants.

Tommy is both the savior and destroyer of the Power Ranger multiverse as is proper

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tommy wouldn't grow a kid in a zord-anything.

He'd have to destroy them eventually.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 1, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tommy has a master wedding band to switch between wives.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

You may have rented the same tux as me, but if you don't got a Master Wedding Band, you ain't nothing but a cheap copy.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dimension in Danger was actually cool, and it should have been a 2 parter.
But for the time they had it was pretty drat good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Its a lil vague and supposed to still be incanon but now we'll only see them in gogo while the main comic deals with lostest galaxy

Now I kind of want Go Go to deal with the civilian lives of every Ranger team, even if some would probably be more interesting than others. "Today in Go Go Mystic Force - adventures in small business music retail!"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Toby is forced to take out a loan from Fresno Pete (the father of Fresno Bob) because Apple, Google Play, and Spotify are killing his business.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haha Toby you run a drat tiny CD and record store and have like six full time employees what are you even doing? They barely fit in your loving store!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Zedd posted:

Just like Turbo/MMPRthe Movie have their in-series versions, DiD feels like the in-series version of Shattered Grid.
poo poo, did Trent even have any lines in DiD???

I ended up watching the Extended Cut of Legendary Battle today and that was fun, but they definitely held off on all the cross-ranger fun till like the last 5 minutes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

FilthyImp posted:

Just like Turbo/MMPRthe Movie have their in-series versions, DiD feels like the in-series version of Shattered Grid.
poo poo, did Trent even have any lines in DiD???

I ended up watching the Extended Cut of Legendary Battle today and that was fun, but they definitely held off on all the cross-ranger fun till like the last 5 minutes.

Trent had one solitary line. And it was after the battle in the whole mess of "Hey this has been fun, see y'all later" lines

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was honestly kind of rooting for Drayvin's plan.

Cause they already destroyed his army, if he brought down the barriers and merged the universes, uh, good? Like he would just be self owning. He ain't conquering poo poo!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just want one episode, comic book issue, online short, anything where a power rangers team goes to the Dino Charge DimensionTimeline and has fun in the dino park.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Dawgstar posted:

Now I kind of want Go Go to deal with the civilian lives of every Ranger team, even if some would probably be more interesting than others. "Today in Go Go Mystic Force - adventures in small business music retail!"

Go Go Ninja Storm would be fun. It’s a life of surfing and skating and more dirt bikes than Heisei Rider. And then on top of that like a cherry it’s also Naruto.

Go Go Alien Rangers is just The Shape Of Water with a cardboard cutout of David Yost.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Nodosaur posted:

It can't be Haley because they planned for her to be gay

Oh poo poo, really?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Billy/Corcus for life

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh poo poo, really?

yeah, it was going to be an under the radar thing, but they couldn't it it in

Her last name is also apparently "Ziktor"

EDIT - it comes up at about 30 minutes in, here.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 1, 2018

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Zedd posted:

If anything it proved that Power Rangers could be way better with a Netflix sized budget and freedom to create episodes of the length they want.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Craptacular! posted:

Go Go Ninja Storm would be fun. It’s a life of surfing and skating and more dirt bikes than Heisei Rider. And then on top of that like a cherry it’s also Naruto.

Also with a dash of small business management. I like that shop could support itself on extreme sports.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
The boardgame Kickstarter is just shy of $450k with five days left, so it's looking like they should just barely pass all the listed stretch goals unless they announce something that causes a flood of new backers.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Time to reveal RJ.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

You find neat things at DragonCon sometimes.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Three days left in the Kickstarter and just barely $18,000 short of $500,000. They revealed today that 84% of backers have pledged at the $240 level. It's a huge deal if you're still on the fence. You get over 130 miniatures, plus all seven add-ons, which comes out to about $365 before you even include the stretch goals like:

-The deluxe storage box, which will be custom made to fit every miniature that isn't already coming in another box
-Thicker boards, now double-sided to have a normal mode and a hard mode.
-Several standalone hero, monster, and master figures like the green ranger, red ranger with dragon shield, and more.

That said, the $90 tier will get you all those stretch goals included. And the $150 adds the exclusive expansions. You can always opt to add the add-ons independently at the lower tiers, the $240 level just has the benefit of giving you all of them at a discount. And you can always add more too, like an extra set of dice or more foot soldiers if that strikes your fancy.

Personally I'm looking forward to owning it both as a collector but also because the game just looks really fun to play with a full group.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I really enjoyed the part of it I got to play at PMC. Gotta say I’m not super enthused about having to paint all those miniatures, though.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Morby posted:

I really enjoyed the part of it I got to play at PMC. Gotta say I’m not super enthused about having to paint all those miniatures, though.

I figure that trying to paint details on all the foot soldiers is a fool's errand, so I'll probably just hit the putties with some light gray and the tenga with some black or dark purple. Leave the meticulous painting to the heroes and monsters.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, Billy gets sent away on a bus.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wow that really was a humdinger of an episode. Thank you Jesus!

PS. Last time Billy teleports away his teleportation effect is black. Billy = Phantom Ranger confirmed. That suit is full of aquitar youth water so he can never take it off.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

"The signal is compromised" is a really good excuse for why "Billy" sounds absolutely nothing like him.

Honestly, it's our very first Ranger season crossover, and it's a good one, but I sure wish it didn't have the context it did.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zordon should have given the zeo powers to the "robot rangers" then they could have used that crossover movie's footage, and tie up in a bow why the zeo powers were no longer on Earth.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nodosaur posted:

yeah, it was going to be an under the radar thing, but they couldn't it it in

Her last name is also apparently "Ziktor"

EDIT - it comes up at about 30 minutes in, here.

...so Dino Thunder's techie is actually the lesbian daughter of the bad guy from VR Troopers? :psyduck:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gaz-L posted:

...so Dino Thunder's techie is actually the lesbian daughter of the bad guy from VR Troopers? :psyduck:

Yep

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This actually works when you realize that Mesogog himself is a much improved draft of Grimlord.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

This actually works when you realize that Mesogog himself is a much improved draft of Grimlord.

He doesn't have a goofy rhyming couplet for his transformation, so this statement is incorrect.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
The Kickstarter has now, shockingly, already surpassed the $500k mark and six(!) New stretch goals have been revealed between $500k-600k. The first at $515k is a bunch of upgrades, including a fancy UV finish for the storage box and new plastic tokens. The rest are to be revealed, but we know that $600k adds hero Lauren Shiba to the Shattered Grid expansion set.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

The Kickstarter has now, shockingly, already surpassed the $500k mark and six(!) New stretch goals have been revealed between $500k-600k. The first at $515k is a bunch of upgrades, including a fancy UV finish for the storage box and new plastic tokens. The rest are to be revealed, but we know that $600k adds hero Lauren Shiba to the Shattered Grid expansion set.

And now I desperately want Lauren to happen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope Kickstarter creep doesn't make this impossible to put out because they did too many stretch goals

I'm somewhat interested but for me that's way too expensive and also I'm the only adult power ranger fan I know, no one would play this with me.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
This game may end up like Legendary for me. I love Legendary and it is super fun to play, but it takes forever to set up properly. With so many expansions and miniatures, it might be that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Morby posted:

This game may end up like Legendary for me. I love Legendary and it is super fun to play, but it takes forever to set up properly. With so many expansions and miniatures, it might be that way.

I'm pretty sure the game can play at whatever length you want. The expansions just provide new monsters, foot soldiers, and locations for variety.

Edit: and the campaign has passed $515k, next stretch goal are retro cards for the white and green ranger at $525k

Edit2: already past $525k as well, next is six more Z putties at $545k which is alright but kind of a weak stretch goal at this point imo

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 4, 2018