Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The crowd was very happy with and entertained by the match.

Or is the crowd not important because they don't like what you like?

A ton of those fans traveled to see the show and are going to love everything they see. And it’s fine to cater towards those fans.

But even around where I was sitting, people were quite vocal about Cody taking all that time to get some color and just kill the momentum of the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As much as Cody needing 5 minutes and DDP and Daivari working spots to cover for him gigging is the most noticeable problem, the most egregious issue I had with the match was Aldis literally looking like he doesn't know how to put on his own finishing hold. Cody literally had to put his foot INTO his hand for the cloverleaf, and it was dead centre of frame.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Where i was sitting everyone was saying one word each as part of a larger statement all together like this. "we" "all" "like" "what" "cody" "does" "doo" "dah" "doo" "dah." It was beautiful and reminds me of why i'm a wrestling fan, because of me being retarded

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Random thing I just remembered - Kaz and Scorpio Sky's matching Rocky/Creed gear was the poo poo.

That match really should have opened the main card instead of MJF/Cross.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gaz-L posted:

Need to see him wrestle Kota NOW :stare:
"Can you do that arm breaker thing but to my neck?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Astro7x posted:

A ton of those fans traveled to see the show and are going to love everything they see. And it’s fine to cater towards those fans.

And the rest are from Chicago so gently caress 'em.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

And the rest are from Chicago so gently caress 'em.

It's been five years, sheesh!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
chicago is the worst major city in the US hes right

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MotU posted:

chicago is the worst major city in the US hes right

no way chicago is worse than philly and dallas

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
philly is better and dallas isnt a city its just a million and a half people stuck in texas

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edge & Christian: It's a good thing JFK was shot here, because if he'd had to be in Dallas another day he would have killed himself!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
For everyone asking #allin will not be on New Japan World until 5 minutes after you break down and buy it some other way.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

For everyone asking #allin will not be on New Japan World until 5 minutes after you break down and buy it some other way.

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

i would have bought it if it was available to stream on ps4

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

MassRafTer posted:

poo poo

HisFlyingFingers
Jan 7, 2006

*~Weekend Lovers~*
I'm still a little giddy. I went to the show with my best friend, who I introduced to wrestling about a year ago, and another friend who was a very casual fan until I roped him into more regular viewing. For the record, I don't watch ROH or much indie stuff, and I don't actually care for Being The Elite, but I was loosely familiar with everybody on the card.

The show was loving incredible. I can definitely see how it would've come off poorly in spots if you were watching from home, but the atmosphere in the arena was nuts. Case in point: I know objectively that Cody vs. Aldis was a mediocre match, but it might've been my favorite match of the night. The old school, big fight trappings drew me in, and I bought in hard for all the overbooking. The pop when Cody won destroyed my voice and made the building shake.

Omega/Penta lived up to the hype, which is saying a ton. Okada/Scurll had a fantastic ending (Okada's kickouts are mind-blowing; I knew he'd win but the near falls got me anyway). The six-man did feel rushed, but for a lucha spotfest it was exactly what I wanted in the moment. I peed and got a beer during Lethal/Flip, because gently caress Flip, but Lanny Poffo and the Brandi-as-Elizabeth spots were fun. Neither of my friends knew anything about Joey Ryan besides seeing occasional gifs on Twitter, so I got to watch them slowly go from "What is this? Why is this happening?" to "I don't care why this is happening, it's amazing." Everything else on the card gave us something to care about and be invested in; nothing felt pointless or boring. Obviously MJF vs. Cross was the weakest match, but it came early enough that the crowd could still get into the spots and enjoy it for what it was.

I'll watch it all back when its on NJPW world, and probably cringe at all the same stuff you all criticized, but I don't expect to ever see a better live show short of booking a flight to Tokyo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HisFlyingFingers posted:

(Okada's kickouts are mind-blowing; I knew he'd win but the near falls got me anyway).

Seriously, I can't count how many times I've gone into a match KNOWING that he is going to win, and still absolutely buying into the false finishes every drat time.

Also yeah, that Cody/Aldis match was technically nothing special but goddamn if the crowd didn't help make it feel like the biggest possible deal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno about you guys but moment of the night for me was Pentagon responding to getting nailed by a V-Trigger with CERO MIEDO.

Like, I didn't know much about Pentagon besides that he breaks dudes arm but he sure made me a fan last night.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HisFlyingFingers posted:

The show was loving incredible. I can definitely see how it would've come off poorly in spots if you were watching from home, but the atmosphere in the arena was nuts. Case in point: I know objectively that Cody vs. Aldis was a mediocre match, but it might've been my favorite match of the night. The old school, big fight trappings drew me in, and I bought in hard for all the overbooking. The pop when Cody won destroyed my voice and made the building shake.

When Cody hit the Crossrhodes, you could see everyone leap to their feet in excitement. I know there were better technical false finishes that night, but nothing got the reaction that did.

It was so good.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 3, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My favorite thing about Pentagon is that guys he wrestle inevitably think,"Zero fear eh? Well we'll see about that!" and then discover that holy poo poo the guy really isn't loving scared of anything

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Real curious to see how the NWA title situation plays out. NWA/Corgan couldn't get Janela(their first pick) to agree because they wanted him for certain dates. Cody already has his year and next booked between NJPW and ROH(mostly ROH) dates so I'm wondering if they're content to let him hold the title and make it to CWH(or whatever Lagana's shitshow is called this week) on a quarterly basis or if they'll do the ol Dusty "title match didn't count, returns to original champ".

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm thinking it will be the latter. It's just too perfect for Cody to literally book himself into a Dusty finish for the same title his father did.

The NWA will say that Brandi's interference renders the result of the match void or whatever

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

I dunno about you guys but moment of the night for me was Pentagon responding to getting nailed by a V-Trigger with CERO MIEDO.

He went to that well a little often but the crowd was so into it, that it didn't bother me one bit.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Incessant Excess posted:

He went to that well a little often but the crowd was so into it, that it didn't bother me one bit.

I hollered CERO MEIDO at the top of my lungs every time, but then again Penta and Fenix were my gateway drug into Indy Wrestling so I was more than willing.

HisFlyingFingers posted:

I don't expect to ever see a better live show short of booking a flight to Tokyo.

I've been trying to formulate my thoughts on the show for the last day and this encapsulates it.

Now I need to visit Japan...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HisFlyingFingers posted:

I'll watch it all back when its on NJPW world, and probably cringe at all the same stuff you all criticized, but I don't expect to ever see a better live show short of booking a flight to Tokyo.

I mean.

Not to dump on All In or anything, but.

What're you doing in four weeks and how far are you from Long Beach?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i went to the long beach shows and i never got to see an army of penis men =[

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

HisFlyingFingers posted:

I don't expect to ever see a better live show short of booking a flight to Tokyo.

The next NXT Takeover is in LA and is guaranteed to not have Cody on it, so uhhhhhh....

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1036505519496679429?s=19

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I paid 40 dollars cause I couldn't wait a day and a half :negative:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Incessant Excess posted:

Thank you for your service

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i really wanna buy the bluray when it comes out

MixxMaster
Sep 15, 2005
Of course. All In finally ends up on NJPW world...15 minutes after I watched the torrent.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

MassRafTer posted:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Like, I didn't know much about Pentagon besides that he breaks dudes arm but he sure made me a fan last night.

Incessant Excess posted:

It also made me think he is 100% ready for WWE, and that they would 100% gently caress it up because "he's too fat", "he's short" "he doesn't know how to sell/work".

But yeah, that spot with him on his knees and basically daring Kenny to come at him was the boiling point of the match.

HisFlyingFingers
Jan 7, 2006

*~Weekend Lovers~*

VJeff posted:

I mean.

Not to dump on All In or anything, but.

What're you doing in four weeks and how far are you from Long Beach?

Lone Goat posted:

The next NXT Takeover is in LA and is guaranteed to not have Cody on it, so uhhhhhh....

I live in Ohio, and was only barely able to scrape together the money for All In, so California isn't really in the cards. I'm not saying there won't be a better show somewhere—just that I won't be at it, because I'm generally broke and all the other potentially amazing shows are more expensive and/or farther away.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The coolest part of All In for me was seeing American wrestling on a large scale with a huge hot live crowd without crowd audio manipulation for the first time since WCW was good

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 3, 2018

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The coolest part of All In for me was seeing American wrestling on a large scale with a huge hot live crowd without crowd audio manipulation for the first time since WCW died

It was amazing being there live. It was one of the coolest wrestling related things I've done in my entire life.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Had to edit it from 'died' to 'was good' when I remembered that WCW was terrible the last few years

WWE with their audio fuckery and manipulation in production makes an already fake sport feel like it's even more fake and outright insulting you as you watch it

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tim Storm was robbed

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Real curious to see how the NWA title situation plays out. NWA/Corgan couldn't get Janela(their first pick) to agree because they wanted him for certain dates. Cody already has his year and next booked between NJPW and ROH(mostly ROH) dates so I'm wondering if they're content to let him hold the title and make it to CWH(or whatever Lagana's shitshow is called this week) on a quarterly basis or if they'll do the ol Dusty "title match didn't count, returns to original champ".

The NWA blew off Joey and all the CZW guys so badly that Joey buried them in public.

• Locked thread