Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I seriously don’t think I could have asked for a better live experience than this. It was such a breath of fresh, sweaty air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

HisFlyingFingers posted:

I live in Ohio, and was only barely able to scrape together the money for All In, so California isn't really in the cards. I'm not saying there won't be a better show somewhere—just that I won't be at it, because I'm generally broke and all the other potentially amazing shows are more expensive and/or farther away.

Michigan. :(

We can be sad poor Great Lakes wrestling fans together.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

The NWA blew off Joey and all the CZW guys so badly that Joey buried them in public.

the story I'd heard was they wanted to Joey but it was dates and the money that went with them were so bad Joey was insulted. I don't know how much they were paying Tim Storm but $350+trans is way under Joey's usual. It makes me wonder what Aldis agreed to.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Was the production for this all handled by ROH or did they get in their own production people?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

HisFlyingFingers posted:

I live in Ohio, and was only barely able to scrape together the money for All In, so California isn't really in the cards. I'm not saying there won't be a better show somewhere—just that I won't be at it, because I'm generally broke and all the other potentially amazing shows are more expensive and/or farther away.

VJeff posted:

Michigan. :(

We can be sad poor Great Lakes wrestling fans together.

You're both invited to NXT Takeover in Toronto next Summerslam

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no way they let VJeff over the border.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'll have you know I'm super over in South Detroit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SalTheBard posted:

It was amazing being there live. It was one of the coolest wrestling related things I've done in my entire life.

I did Wrestle Kingdom and that was utterly amazing, and it made me think I should really do a Wrestlemania one of these years, but after ALL IN I'm thinking that would have been the better show to attend live.

Man I really should have gone to WM30 in New Orleans.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

the story I'd heard was they wanted to Joey but it was dates and the money that went with them were so bad Joey was insulted. I don't know how much they were paying Tim Storm but $350+trans is way under Joey's usual. It makes me wonder what Aldis agreed to.

Joey said a few months ago the NWA had no interest in any of the CZW guys and unfollowed him on twitter for his comments about them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

I did Wrestle Kingdom and that was utterly amazing, and it made me think I should really do a Wrestlemania one of these years, but after ALL IN I'm thinking that would have been the better show to attend live.

Fly down for WM weekend and do everything except Wrestlemania. Watch Mania from the hotel room.

While shitposting with us.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty sure that's what I'm doing for Summerslam in Toronto next year.

Event stuff before, Takeover, go home.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

coconono posted:

Considering how much of a shill Aldis was for TNA and DIxie it wouldn't surprise me if he was talked into it for exposure or the history of the belt and got paid peanuts

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Aldis has absolutely nothing special going on in the world of independent wrestling other than his size so shouldn't be getting paid more than your average part time indie job guy anyway.

He's getting paid little enough that my local rinky dink nothing promotion managed to book him to defend the title a few months ago, and he was garbage in that match too.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

That's the only one I've been to and the only one I probably will ever go to. It was loving magical. Wrestle Kingdom would be a dream as well though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Any word on what kind of business this show did for PPV and legal streaming?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

We should get some on Wednesday per Meltzer on Twitter

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would imagine breaking 4 digit buys is a rousing success

cams
Mar 28, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

you don't think they'll count the 6k twitch viewers?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Only subs count as buys.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I had to watch the pre-show on twitch and it was a pretty horrible experience with some dickhead in the corner talking non-stop, I can't imagine anyone who stole the main card the same way had a great time watching it under the same conditions. And that's what they deserve for stealing it I guess so :shrug:

gently caress I forgot to cancel Honor club

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can I just say that Joey Janela’s theme music is loving lit

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

jesus WEP posted:

Can I just say that Joey Janela’s theme music is loving lit

I was reading on Twitter that what he used at All In was actually NOT ProtoVision by Kavinsky, which is so that's some DDP Smells Like Teen Spirit level of song-knockoff

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I actually did think it was a Kavinsky song I just wasn’t familiar with haha

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m listening to it and there’s no way it isn’t the same song, unless all the youtube results for “Joey Janella theme” just use the Kavinsky song

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Janela normally does use the Kavinsky song, but for All In it appears he had someone create a soundalike

https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/1036780156566863873?s=21

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
200k viewers for the pre show:

https://www.f4wonline.com/indies/all-zero-hour-draws-nearly-200000-viewers-wgn-america-265211

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A TV buddy says that the All In Zero Hour WGN number isn't impressive on any level.

WGN officials aren't impressed but will give them another chance.

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 5, 2018

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So the biggest indie wrestling show gets about as many viewers as a bad episode of Impact and better than Lucha Underground.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Astro7x posted:

So the biggest indie wrestling show gets about as many viewers as a bad episode of Impact and better than Lucha Underground.

Well, the pre-show to it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Astro7x posted:

The pre-show to the biggest indie wrestling show, but yes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Astro7x posted:

How many tarps is that?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

Janela normally does use the Kavinsky song, but for All In it appears he had someone create a soundalike

https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/1036780156566863873?s=21

It wasn't a sound alike it was a remix. It's by Dillion Spears, who's thing is doing stuff like this. He did the new version of Warriors Cry they've been using on BTE, and Marty's theme from when he went for the RoH title. He's pretty good.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

rovert posted:

A TV buddy says that the All In Zero Hour WGN number isn't impressive on any level.

WGN officials aren't impressed but will give them another chance.

I wouldn't have known about it if I wasn't on this site and wreddit. They should try advertising next time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is 200k bad for WGN America? How many homes is it actually in throughout the country? Curious how it compares to whatever Impact is on and El Rey.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TTBF posted:

I wouldn't have known about it if I wasn't on this site and wreddit. They should try advertising next time.

Yeah, if WGN wants to be unimpressed with anybody, it should probably be themselves. Try promoting next time, guys.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

Is 200k bad for WGN America? How many homes is it actually in throughout the country? Curious how it compares to whatever Impact is on and El Rey.

80 million+.

About double El Rey.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Phenix Rising posted:

I had no way to watch WGN legally down here in Dallas with DirecTV Now, but apparently a lot of the traditional cable packages have it available.

I'm not an industry guy or anything, but my gut feeling is that there are very few inferences you can draw when comparing a number for a one-off special on channel A to weekly programming on channel B.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Surprised that's not considered impressive for Saturday outside of primetime. Their primetime average high water mark was somewhere in the 400,000s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It probably beat whatever they normally show in that slot, but they also probably paid a bunch more to air it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

quote:

“We went a minute over. People were saying 14 minutes [but it] was the show that ran 14 minutes over,” Scurll said. “A bunch of the other matches went over but obviously I guess our match is crucified because we were the match on before last.”

Scurll said that Nick Jackson told him and Okada to do whatever they wanted to do in the ring.

On why he was not part of the curtain call at the end of the show Scurll said “I didn’t know it was going on. I was in the semi-main match. I finished my match, I’ve cooled down and whatever. I was in the shower. I didn’t have a clue.”

http://wrestlingnews.co/other/marty-scurll-clears-the-air-on-all-in-controversy-why-he-was-not-in-the-ring-for-post-show-curtain-call/

• Locked thread