Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Tucker would be ineligible for the postseason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

with acuna i don't think this is hot for him. this seems to be his steady-state. it's just so loving effortless with him

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/byBenHarris/status/1036324802900975616

:tinfoil:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's some nice cherry pickin' there

Remember remember the 2nd of September, the pine tar and runs and dongs
I see no reason why a stingy dong pitcher should ever give up hits so long

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 2, 2018

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Intruder posted:

That's some nice cherry pickin' there

I was going to ask how many of those categories do you have to take away to make the fun fact not true?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

with acuna i don't think this is hot for him. this seems to be his steady-state. it's just so loving effortless with him

"Breaking pitch outside huh? Oh well time to send it 500 loving feet with barely a bat movement, no biggie"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Abel Wingnut posted:

I too think this rookie will be able to sustain a 40 HR/season pace for the rest of his career.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like somebody is jealous they don't have him imo

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Epic High Five posted:

Barves get Preston Tucker back from Reds for a player with a funny name, Cash Considerations, must be like an old school puritan name like Telling Goodfellow or something

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think there's some way you could backdoor him in if there's an injury? But yeah, I'd assume so.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
edit: wrong thread, but Adam Duvall still sucks

elentar fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 3, 2018

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yes, this applies to anyone traded after 8/31.

ScottyJSno posted:

I was going to ask how many of those categories do you have to take away to make the fun fact not true?

The triples, most likely. It's not that you wouldn't expect a speedy guy to get triples & SBs, but he's also hitting for power and average that's even more impressive.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Squall posted:

I think there's some way you could backdoor him in if there's an injury? But yeah, I'd assume so.

I'm almost positive that any player acquired after August 31, regardless of injury considerations, is automatically ineligible for the postseason, injury or not. For some reason I feel this happened to Bill Mueller one year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Atomizer posted:

MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP!

Yelich says hi

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Timby posted:

I'm almost positive that any player acquired after August 31, regardless of injury considerations, is automatically ineligible for the postseason, injury or not. For some reason I feel this happened to Bill Mueller one year.

Yeah, going back to look over the rules, it looks like otherwise ineligible minor league players can replace someone that gets injured, which might be what I was thinking of.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

iospace posted:

Yelich says hi

Less HR's, RBI's, 2B's, 3B's, SB's, fWAR, and bWAR than Javy what a scrub. :smugdog:

Yelich is having a fantastic season, yeesh. Also The guy you really want to be repping is Cain, who is tied with Javy in fWAR and actually beating him in bWAR

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

The MVP award will go to a player on a playoff team anyway. :getin:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Abel Wingnut posted:

not sure how i'd find this out, but in mlb history, has a runner on second not scored on a double?

Think it happened with Cecil Fielder once?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Atomizer posted:

The MVP award will go to a player on a playoff team anyway. :getin:

Congrats Harrison Bader

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Think it happened with Cecil Fielder once?

The only logic I have for this not happening with Pujols is that Pujols has to get to second in order to chug along to third. Isn't he the slowest runner in the majors by like, a WIDE margin?

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I realize they're not going to make the playoffs, but Cash should be the frontrunner for AL Manager of the Year. This team is 10 games over .500 in September with what feels like mostly rookies on the roster. I was very wrong about him as a manager and about this team this year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rickiep00h posted:

The only logic I have for this not happening with Pujols is that Pujols has to get to second in order to chug along to third. Isn't he the slowest runner in the majors by like, a WIDE margin?

At least with Pujols it's probably old age as much as anything. Fielder was pretty much always a big dude who was not only slow but ran the bases poorly. And as scary as Fielder was during the height of his powers, I'd much rather face him than Pujols armed with MLB quality pitches. I might strike Cecil out. Pujols is gonna make me work much harder for it, and seems far more likely to put the ball in play.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Was it yesterday that dumb ole Joe West stole Phillies reliever's scouting card? MLB says he shouldn't have done that.

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2018/09/02/mlb-says-joe-west-was-wrong-to-confiscate-scouting-report-from-austin-davis/

No word on a public explanation from MLB so far that I can tell. Dumb ole Joe West.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Right, it's just a depth move for the last month

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sydin posted:

Less HR's, RBI's, 2B's, 3B's, SB's, fWAR, and bWAR than Javy what a scrub. :smugdog:

Yelich is having a fantastic season, yeesh. Also The guy you really want to be repping is Cain, who is tied with Javy in fWAR and actually beating him in bWAR

I know, but Yelich has been super hot as of late and has the narrative on him. Him and Cain have been the biggest offseason pickups for the crew by far, and may have been the big steals of the offseason.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Astros pitchers loving around during AJ Hinch’s ESPN interview

https://streamable.com/zv0ks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The canoe was so good

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Got some pics of some of my cards, sadly all but one are Yankees :barf:

He's cool though, also played for the Brewers.

Mattingly, as promised

Some shithead

Another shithead

Ew, Red Sox player

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

That Mattingly guy needs to shave his goddamn sideburns! What a slob!!! :bahgawd:

That Rodriguez kid needs to bulk up, maybe he could take some "supplements".... :thunk:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

iospace posted:

Got some pics of some of my cards, sadly all but one are Yankees :barf:

He's cool though, also played for the Brewers.

Mattingly, as promised

Some shithead

Another shithead

Ew, Red Sox player

If we start a baseball card derail I may never stop please dont

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's amazing just how lovely MLB.tv has been this season. It's September and not only does it crash constantly on the browser and PS4, they've managed to override ad blockers and imbed ads into the feed itself, which has caused all sorts of problems.

I have to wonder if this coincides with BAMtech being sold to Disney.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Haven’t noticed any of that on the appletv version of the app.

E: can’t speak to the Adblock portion of your post. I just deal with whatever ads they send out. It’s still better than terrestrial cable advertising. At least I get a fun throwback clip every now and then.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
They aren't fun anymore. If there was anyone on earth who could figure out how to rob the magic of the Chris Coughlan dive, it's the suits at MLB.TV

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Recently the feed has picked up after a commercial break by starting the stream from 15 minutes earlier. It’s driving me nuts. (4th gen Apple TV)

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Your Taint posted:

If we start a baseball card derail I may never stop please dont

There use to be a card thread, but it seems to have died when Jeffersonlives stopped posting.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
https://twitter.com/chelsea_janes/status/1036720724482961409

Nice

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nice

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nice

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Christian Yelich is a sexy, sexy man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Recently the feed has picked up after a commercial break by starting the stream from 15 minutes earlier. It’s driving me nuts. (4th gen Apple TV)

Yes. It will also start the game over. Just go back to the beginning and tell you 'this game is about to start'. It's infuriating.

And if you watch the game on a browser, the ad freezes the timeline of the game, so you can't say go back and watch something you missed, or even check the box score. You *have* to watch the ad now.

• Locked thread