Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

i've been labbing merkava/vegeta and it's busted as gently caress
uphold merxist-leninist thought

https://imgur.com/iO1RBUk

Ultramega fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Ultramega posted:

Put everyone in BBTAG from every fighter ever. gently caress it.

Samchay's time to shine!

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
PUT MORRIGAN SPRITE IN BBTAG COWARDS

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Ultramega posted:

Put everyone in BBTAG from every fighter ever. gently caress it.
bbtag mugen compatible edition

the only fg with more gokus than dbfz

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
when do I get a playable version of saltybet

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

MohShuvuu posted:

Mugen is playable

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

MohShuvuu posted:

You get on twitch and you bet your salty bucks. That's how you play.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

play sarvets all-stars

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Are hitboxes unfun? I want to move off of controller for something more tactile and that doesnt get slippery when I hold it for too long, and learning to dash with stick sounds hard (having almost no stick experience over my life). Hitbox seems like a logical choice in general but is it still fun to use? A lot of what I don't enjoy about keyboard is how cramped it is so it's hard to evaluate just off of that.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Slapping buttons on an arcade stick is fun

Thus, it follows that hitboxes are the most fun

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sticks are way too fun to use to give them up for more buttons imo but I just use a pad nowadays

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

No Wave posted:

Are hitboxes unfun? I want to move off of controller for something more tactile and that doesnt get slippery when I hold it for too long, and learning to dash with stick sounds hard (having almost no stick experience over my life). Hitbox seems like a logical choice in general but is it still fun to use? A lot of what I don't enjoy about keyboard is how cramped it is so it's hard to evaluate just off of that.

I really enjoy mine. I started playing on Keyboard and so it was a fairly natural transition, but it feels better and it's easier to pull out quick button presses.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Hobojim posted:

Samchay's time to shine!

No gently caress you.

Put in Michael Max.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

No Wave posted:

the main disadvantage of hitbox are all the people giving you side glances for using the linux of controllers

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

dragon enthusiast posted:

the main disadvantage of hitbox are all the people giving you side glances for using the linux of controllers

yeah but linux is pretty good

wait

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Tekken 7 Season 2 patch notes posted: https://tekkenworldtour.com/featured/tekken-7-season-pass-2-patch-notes-main-hub-post/

I have no idea what is going on with Claudio. Asuka got some buffs. Havn't read the rest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hitbox players are cheaters but they're cool. Listening to hitbox players using grapplers is funny bc it's like they're doing Starcraft APM poo poo to do giant swings.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

dragon enthusiast posted:

it's the dvorak keyboard of controllers

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

In Training posted:

Hitbox players are cheaters but they're cool. Listening to hitbox players using grapplers is funny bc it's like they're doing Starcraft APM poo poo to do giant swings.

one: this shows how you do a 360 on a hitbox and lol that doesn't seem fun
two: on SFV you can just hit left down right up left and it registers as a 360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaZIHAmmOR0

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i got news for yall slapping a lot of buttons is actually very fun

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Parachute posted:

i got news for yall slapping a lot of buttons is actually very fun

I've run enough MMO parsers to tell you the average person loving hates hitting buttons and spends the overwhelming majority of the time hitting 0 buttons.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

No Wave posted:

Are hitboxes unfun?

for everyone but the user

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I've run enough MMO parsers to tell you the average person loving hates hitting buttons and spends the overwhelming majority of the time hitting 0 buttons.

If art is about the notes you don't play then you've found some virtuosos.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

for everyone but the user

the perfect fighting game controller

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I play Tekken on a keyboard and it owns.

I preordered Soulcalibur VI for the PS4 but might change my mind and go PC

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I am playing SC6 on Steam because I refuse to pay Sony money to use the internet that I already pay for!! Also just think about how many more sexy accessories you could mod into the PC version.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I better get a bathtowel geralt mod.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Spanish Manlove posted:

I better get a bathtowel geralt mod.

Armor break

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Why settle for twelve buttons when you can play a Real Game and slap so many more?

It's tournament legal, if you're brave enough to take up the challenge.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
probably makes less noise than a GC controller

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Reiley posted:

Why settle for twelve buttons when you can play a Real Game and slap so many more?

At some point during the process of getting this ready for sale they had to realize it was a terrible idea.

I wonder when it was.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

No Wave posted:

At some point during the process of getting this ready for sale they had to realize it was a terrible idea.

I wonder when it was.

I guess you're not ready for the real thing yet. Well, enjoy whatever it is you're playing now I guess :rolleyes:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Reiley posted:

at this point someone must've just said gently caress it and gone all out for a 104/5 sanwa pushbutton keyboard

The ultimate online chat controller to maximize your fg shittalking links

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Reiley posted:

A great solution if you have two kids fighting over one system. Just make one play one side of the controller and the other plays with the other side!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

one: this shows how you do a 360 on a hitbox and lol that doesn't seem fun
two: on SFV you can just hit left down right up left and it registers as a 360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaZIHAmmOR0

Oh fuckin sure but if I miss a single diagonal doing 632146 In KOF I get a dp instead of my command grab gently caress off

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

at this point someone must've just said gently caress it and gone all out for a 104/5 sanwa pushbutton keyboard

The ultimate online chat controller to maximize your fg shittalking links

You are a real warrior who demands Maximum Buttons. Brother, have I got a controller for you:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Saint Freak posted:

A great solution if you have two kids fighting over one system. Just make one play one side of the controller and the other plays with the other side!

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Real question about hitboxes, are they only really "better" for capcom games? Because I know a dude that uses a hitbox for Cross Tag and you can't really do the dumb stuff like the 4628 motion for a 360.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lant posted:

Real question about hitboxes, are they only really "better" for capcom games? Because I know a dude that uses a hitbox for Cross Tag and you can't really do the dumb stuff like the 4628 motion for a 360.

You totally can, and airdashes on a hitbox are pretty drat easy by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

anyway, cross tag only uses quarter circles (except tager whose grab supers you can do with 720s for a little extra damage :blastu: )