Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Taima posted:

Just say you didn't like it, don't bring in the food and you don't need a receipt.

Are these the offending chicken sandwiches in question?

Those are great with a little mayo and lettuce on them. They’ve been making them forever and I’m pretty sure I lived off those in my teens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

My Costco had some cape cod chicken salad for 2 weeks, and no more. I asked, and they're not getting any more. It was so good, I'm so bummed.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Do I need a receipt to return something to Costco? I bought a big box of pre-made frozen chicken sandwiches about 4 months ago, and I’ve only eaten one of them and it was disgusting (who could have guessed). They’ve just been sitting in my freezer ever since, too gross to eat but I feel bad about throwing away that much “good” food. Will they take it back?

I bought these too, and also returned them, because I am a slow, and thought it was just chicken patties. Also they were bad.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Bum the Sad posted:

Those are great with a little mayo and lettuce on them. They’ve been making them forever and I’m pretty sure I lived off those in my teens.

Yeah I really like them too! Just had one last night!

My move is to microwave the patty and use the microwave oven to toast the buns. Then a little whole grain mustard, a little tomato, a little lettuce and/or tomato and mayo like you say. Then you're cookin' with gas baby!

I guess people who don't like them are eating them straight or something.

tacosupreme posted:

I bought these too, and also returned them, because I am a slow, and thought it was just chicken patties. Also they were bad.

Wow I am really surprised that this is a consistent issue. Did you just slap that poo poo in the microwave and try to eat it without any kind of additions?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bum the Sad posted:

:hfive:

Just finished my last one last night so I'll have to get more. I just put mayo and sriracha on it or something like that.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Taima posted:

Wow I am really surprised that this is a consistent issue. Did you just slap that poo poo in the microwave and try to eat it without any kind of additions?

Whenever I eat them all I do put a little ketchup on them, and I think they're delicious that way.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Taima posted:

Yeah I really like them too! Just had one last night!

My move is to microwave the patty and use the microwave oven to toast the buns.
You mean toaster oven?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Yeah sorry! Toaster oven. My b.

Jingleheimer posted:

Whenever I eat them all I do put a little ketchup on them, and I think they're delicious that way.

For sure. I think if you add pretty much anything they're good. The only losing move is to add nothing.

e: pro tip- add a fried egg in there if you're trying to make it more of a meal. There is no such thing as a burger that isn't enhanced by a fried egg.

Taima fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 1, 2018

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Their ready to eat ribs need to be cooked longer. The meat doesn't even fall off the bone! Who makes ribs this way?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

luchajones posted:

Their ready to eat ribs need to be cooked longer. The meat doesn't even fall off the bone! Who makes ribs this way?

Those pre cooked ones aren’t very good.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I went through self checkout for the first time. It worked fine, should be a good option for small orders in the future.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I went through self checkout for the first time. It worked fine, should be a good option for small orders in the future.

Every time I go I tell them I don’t use self checkout because I prefer people to have jobs and they thank me and then I go check out with my man Jerome.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Every time I go I tell them I don’t use self checkout because I prefer people to have jobs and they thank me and then I go check out with my man Jerome.

:chloe:

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I need milk and a few other essentials, but then I remembered that Costco gives time off on Labor Day so that people can spend time with their families and having fun, instead. Luckily I have a freezer full of stir fry and steak at low prices.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Whoa a real life job creator!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Australia is getting Costco online shopping, they are building a warehouse!

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Taima posted:

Can we just stop with the implication that expensive vodka is better?

The $12 handle of vodka is as good or better than the supposed "grey goose" vodka. If anything you should just buy a handle of Grey Goose, drink it, and then refill it with the $12 handle for the rest of your days.

No one will ever, EVER tell the difference. I challenge you to get a few people you know and blind test the two bottles.

Vodka in general is a ludicrous scam based almost entirely on placebo and brand fellatio.

Sweet thanks for the heads up!

Digging this post up from the dead to say I've done a blind vodka tasting (ie I refilled a variety of vodkas with 10 dollar vodka) and nobody could tell the difference. Vodka marketing is a scam

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Australia is getting Costco online shopping, they are building a warehouse!

Aren’t they all warehouses?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Ultimate Mango posted:

Aren’t they all warehouses?

They’re building a huge distribution depot in West Sydney, which will probably provide Ecommerce coverage.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I forget the article

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/09/03/16/41/costco-build-new-sydney-factory-as-they-prepare-to-launch-online-store

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Digging this post up from the dead to say I've done a blind vodka tasting (ie I refilled a variety of vodkas with 10 dollar vodka) and nobody could tell the difference. Vodka marketing is a scam

In my experience, I feel the difference of expensive vs cheap vodka by severity of hangover not by taste.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Chinatown posted:

don't support the loving walton family jesus fucjk

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Taima posted:

Yeah sorry! Toaster oven. My b.

For sure. I think if you add pretty much anything they're good. The only losing move is to add nothing.

e: pro tip- add a fried egg in there if you're trying to make it more of a meal. There is no such thing as a burger that isn't enhanced by a fried egg.

But if I need to cook and dirty up a pan, I may as well cook the whole loving thing myself.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

hakimashou posted:

Whoa a real life job creator!

I’m putting people to work!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

fist4jesus posted:

But if I need to cook and dirty up a pan, I may as well cook the whole loving thing myself.

If you want to microwave them plain and eat them on the toilet that's your right and I will fight to the death to maintain your right to do that, sir. this is America.

Reminder that the new coupon book activates tomorrow. Baby bell cheeses are on sale. We always get 3-4 bags so that we can hold out the 3-6 months until they're on sale again. They're the best snack ever.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm doggin'

With onions from our new and improved onion dispenser and mustard, like God intended.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I'm going for that 9am breakfast chili dog and some deals tomorrow.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Went to the Co today. If you're looking for a good extra anejo taquila, Costco is clearance on the Don Abraham, and it comes with a hand blown shot glass for $50. Really good price.

Renegret posted:

I'm doggin'

With onions from our new and improved onion dispenser and mustard, like God intended.

Excellent choice!!

The North Tower posted:

I'm going for that 9am breakfast chili dog and some deals tomorrow.

Do you mean you buy the chili separately and put it on the hot dog? We just got the chili, but I didn't look at it too closely- do they have a chili dog now!?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

durrneez posted:

In my experience, I feel the difference of expensive vs cheap vodka by severity of hangover not by taste.

Taking a straight sip I can slightly tell a difference. Going from like Skol to Smirnoff to Tito's, it burns less (and has a cleaner actual taste). I'm not a big vodka drinker but my wife claims the better stuff gives her less of a hangover the next day.

Give me whiskey (or scotch) or give me death.

Moey fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 5, 2018

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I went to the 'co angry and hungry yesterday so I impulse bought some individually wrapped quiches, chicken empanadas, and some Dublin cheese.

The empanadas were surprisingly good, and the quiches are passable. I'm gonna take them to work so I can have a hot breakfast for a bit.

As for the cheese, my wife and I already ate 1/4 of the block, it's so loving good.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

I went to the 'co angry and hungry yesterday so I impulse bought some individually wrapped quiches, chicken empanadas, and some Dublin cheese.

The empanadas were surprisingly good, and the quiches are passable. I'm gonna take them to work so I can have a hot breakfast for a bit.

As for the cheese, my wife and I already ate 1/4 of the block, it's so loving good.

We get that cheese every time we go. Its so loving good. PBUC

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chili good?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

FogHelmut posted:

Chili good?

Yes and it allows you to make a goon-special chili dog if you're feeling particularly wild.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Flaggy posted:

We get that cheese every time we go. Its so loving good. PBUC

Apparently she's known about it for quite a while but she's been holding out this sacred cheese knowledge from me.

Joke's on her though, I got a hot dog without her.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Renegret posted:

Apparently she's known about it for quite a while but she's been holding out this sacred cheese knowledge from me.

Joke's on her though, I got a hot dog without her.

I think your marriage may be in trouble. You need to take communion together and then share in the savings, otherwise you may be unequally yoked.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Olanphonia posted:

Yes and it allows you to make a goon-special chili dog if you're feeling particularly wild.

Gonna make a chili pizza dog for when I choose to die.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Like, a whole pizza with chili spread on it and a hot dog on each slice? Invite me to your funeral pls

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

therobit posted:

I think your marriage may be in trouble. You need to take communion together and then share in the savings, otherwise you may be unequally yoked.

Seriouspost:

She's pregnant and isn't supposed to eat Hot Dogs, and she was in too much pain to make the trip anyway.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Moving soon so i bought that Upcart Lift. Anyone use this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Renegret posted:

Seriouspost:

She's pregnant and isn't supposed to eat Hot Dogs, and she was in too much pain to make the trip anyway.

Good thing Costco has the best prices on diapers and wipes!