Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

HEY NONG MAN posted:

If we sweep Oakland we are 2.5 out of the second wild card slot.

quote:

If we sweep Oakland

quote:

If

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
SORRY I MEANT WHEN

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

HEY NONG MAN posted:

God DAMMIT I’m already back on board. If we sweep Oakland we are 2.5 out of the second wild card slot.

1.5 actually I think, it's a four game series

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

some v serious battered fan syndrome itt

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
They don’t mean to do it. I know they love me. They wouldn’t do it if they didn’t love me.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Hey Charlie Mariner, why don't you come make these playoffs?

Edit : drat, but I think Kyle looks a bit like Charlie Brown now.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I had wondered how many more years Seager had on his contract and found this page: https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SEA/seattle-mariners-salaries-and-contracts.shtml

I knew the Mariners had most of their money wrapped up in just a few guys, but I hadn't realized just how stark it was.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Paxton's only making 5 mil this year? Wow.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Jesus loving christ

Edit: The fact that Lowtax gave me an A's player in his namechange thread isnt helping

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 1, 2018

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Mike Bleak

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I like the Mike Fiers trade right now.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

:stare:

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

well that was neat

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

I stepped out for a smoke and came back into the bar and was like :staredog::

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

All aboard the hype train to Dingersville, population Seattle Mariners.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I had wondered how many more years Seager had on his contract and found this page: https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/SEA/seattle-mariners-salaries-and-contracts.shtml

I knew the Mariners had most of their money wrapped up in just a few guys, but I hadn't realized just how stark it was.

We're paying Leake WHAT?

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

GOD I love Robbie's bat... not flip, but the way he just drops it over the shoulder on that bomb.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
A split is the worst outcome for this series. It doesn't get them any closer, but it also doesn't bury them so I can stop hoping like if they had gotten swept.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shiroc posted:

A split is the worst outcome for this series. It doesn't get them any closer, but it also doesn't bury them so I can stop hoping like if they had gotten swept.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Something concrete in either direction would have been a much better outcome.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

disabling notifications for the mlb app has been the best thing I've done in the last two weeks

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Periodic reminder that despite the Mariners season not being great, Mitch Haniger continues to own.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I’m still holding on here

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Cool game so far!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Why the gently caress is chanting Seven Nation Army a thing at Safeco now?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Keith Atherton posted:

Why the gently caress is chanting Seven Nation Army a thing at Safeco now?

It’s a thing at lots of stadiums I think.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Diaz does it again! Another one run save!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

HEY NONG MAN posted:

It’s a thing at lots of stadiums I think.

Yeah but it's the laziest most generic "fan" thing in the loving world like the "Wave"

Seattle sports fans being Seattle sports fans I guess

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah but it's the laziest most generic "fan" thing in the loving world like the "Wave"

it's either that or zombie nation. pick your poison

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Keith Atherton posted:

Super agreed. The music in general at Safeco sucks rear end.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
A guy was trying to start a wave with 1 out in the 9th. Yes, Extremely Bro Dude, you should try to distract everyone from Edwin Díaz, the most exciting player on the team.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
RIP 2018 Seattle Mariners, Our Expectations Are Tempered.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Well it was fun for a month or so

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Lmao according to your sick screenshot the stros have played one more game than the mariners have.

Fly away, ineffectual troll.

:smug:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I AM UNDONE

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Close thread, ban all posters, delete DNS

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

The Mariners still lead in the "Not Actively Seeking Out Player With Criminal Charges For Domestic Violence" stat, so they have that.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Mitch is still a drat king out there.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Mitch is still a drat king out there.

Mitch is the MVP of my heart.

Diaz is the Cy Young.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Kill me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The Rays have tied the Mariners. Fire Dipoto, fire Servais, get rid of everyone except Diaz, Haniger and Segura.

e: Paxton, Gonzalez and Leblanc can stay too.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 11, 2018

• Locked thread