Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
This show has gotten so god drat stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If Al was concerned about the van then maybe, like, take the keys out so it's safer or something I dunno

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Would you say.... that you fear for the show?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Thread title should be changed.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

CODChimera posted:

Thread title should be changed.

Yeah. S3 is long gone. The show is very bad now.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
> Fear The Walking Dead Season 4: YA GOT GIMPLE'D, BITCH

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The amount of suspension of disbelief needed at this point is insane because all the characters have caught a big whiff of retardation from the localized hurricane

And they're doing that dumb loving terminus poo poo where every episode is each group slowly coming back together despite the sets showing they could Marco Polo each other

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 3, 2018

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I think I got to the midseason finale (episode 8) and I think I'm out unless the next episodes are better, and judging from this page I'm guessing it's not.

First of all they did the exact same thing the last season of TWD did. They all but told us what happened (Madison dead!) and then spend the season juxtaposing current time and flashbacks to bring us to this one moment and ugh.

Nick in the flashbacks was a totally different character than Nick from the previous seasons. At first I thought they were just going for the PTSD route with him not wanting to go out on supply runs but in the end he was scared of losing his mom?

And the scene with the stadium burning, why were Nick and Alicia just sitting there in the parking lot? Why didn't they drive towards the gate before they even let the zombies out? And why didn't the people posted up on the walls ya know shoot the people meandering about outside in the parking lot? They all knew what was in the trucks and what would happen if they opened the doors. I'm honestly curious what the hell happened here because it made no sense at all. I even rewinded a bit in case I missed anything but nope.

Actually I'm not even sure I understand the motivation of that group who set the stadium on fire. They couldn't have nice things so they didn't want anyone to have nice things? Because if they were looking to move in then letting loose thousands of zombies onto it isn't the way to go.

You know something that SWAT truck is missing is a god drat spear. Just have someone inside with a spear spearing all the zombies out through the window. Problem solved and no one is at risk.

Was Madison's interview before or after the stadium fell? When Madison introduced the group to the basement stadium at the end I thought it had a different name than what we saw in the past. I coulda sworn the stadium the story took place had blue paint and was called Dell something.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think anyone really knows what happened except that it became stupid and bad and a giant 180 from season 3

It'll take me a second but yeah the cars being overrun was Austin powers steamroller levels

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hard reboot, next episode it turns out Nick and Troy are just high as gently caress, hanging out in El Bazaar and eating those pieces of zombie brains to get hosed up.

Troy just can’t handle his drugs. :shrug:

Title change suggestion: Fear the Walking Dead: Beer Guy has the right idea

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

:lol:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
AL: Ugh, I am dying.

JUNE: I didn't find the med we were looking for, but found a different med from a bus that just happened to be next to where I was looking for that first med.

AL: I am literally better now that I took 2 pills.

Every single character in the show dumped all their points into CON at the expense of INT.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh, was the witch lady poisoning the water bottles? What dumb motive does she have besides e-v-i-l

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What is really crazy is how did that guy not know Nick would kill him when he found him? After he released zombies to kill their little town?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wish they had explained why they all dressed like dipshits

Those sweatpants would be in tatters within hours if they walked through the brush---er nevermind lol every place they go has been mowed

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Oh poo poo, that crazy black lady really is crazy to mow the entire country.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Ok I'm 3 new eps in and what the gently caress is this beer nerd trucker poo poo. Even the Alicia + Charlie episode had something going for it but now it's like they're rebooting the reboot of a reboot of a spinoff.

I'm not even gonna capitalize gimple's name anymore.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
Well, this has turned into one less show for me to watch every week.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a bitchin jetski posted:

Well, this has turned into one less show for me to watch every week.

:(

yeah i have the last 3 episodes on my dvr but i'm pretty sure i'm never going to watch them and am just going to take the show off my record list

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I've been debating :filez: an episode but honestly I don't think it's even worth it

After seeing mt's YouTube of that one ep I'm on the fence

Which one is the dumbest/funniest to watch? Beer goon sounds kinda entertaining

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Johnny Truant posted:

I've been debating :filez: an episode but honestly I don't think it's even worth it

After seeing mt's YouTube of that one ep I'm on the fence

Which one is the dumbest/funniest to watch? Beer goon sounds kinda entertaining

Nothing has been entertaining. It's all back like Walking Dead in backwater georgia or some poo poo. Nothing's happened the last few episodes besides the weird witch woman and lots and lots of walking, talking philosophy. the gimple special

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The best part of this all is Morgan is used to just fetch some characters of this show to bring them back to the walking dead show.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think what's made me the maddest is that this is the same fuckin channel doing breaking bad and better call Saul

Sometimes nothing happens in Saul but at least it's interesting

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

moist turtleneck posted:

I think what's made me the maddest is that this is the same fuckin channel doing breaking bad and better call Saul

also halt and catch fire, which imo was amazing.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I read an interview after the Charlie/Alicia episode and Chambliss and Goldberg were talking about how much they love bottle episodes.

I should have warned you all.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Luvcow posted:

:(

yeah i have the last 3 episodes on my dvr but i'm pretty sure i'm never going to watch them and am just going to take the show off my record list

I've already let go. I haven't watched since the mid-season finale and don't plan on catching up, which is saying a lot considering how much I defended this show even before season 3 (it was flawed but entertaining and I kind of liked watching it more than TWD). I can't get over them killing Madison off in a flashback and turning Nick and Alicia into a Morgan Morality Teaching Point after everything that happened last season.

moist turtleneck posted:

Most of the scripted shows that air on AMC are actually owned and made by Sony; AMC just distributes them. In the case of TWD/FTWD however, AMC owns and develops both shows.

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 4, 2018

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Wugga posted:

Ok I'm 3 new eps in and what the gently caress is this beer nerd trucker poo poo. Even the Alicia + Charlie episode had something going for it but now it's like they're rebooting the reboot of a reboot of a spinoff.

I'm not even gonna capitalize gimple's name anymore.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Fear The Walking Dead Season 4: beer nerd trucker poo poo

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Acacia REI posted:

I've already let go. I haven't watched since the mid-season finale and don't plan on catching up, which is saying a lot considering how much I defended this show even before season 3 (it was flawed but entertaining and I kind of liked watching it more than TWD). I can't get over them killing Madison off in a flashback and turning Nick and Alicia into a Morgan Morality Teaching Point after everything that happened last season.

:(:hf::( yeah it was a good show once upon a time, hope you find other good tv to watch, good luck

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Luvcow posted:

:(:hf::( yeah it was a good show once upon a time, hope you find other good tv to watch, good luck

It was such a specific niche for me - nihilistic and kind of hosed up without being "eDgY," set in a location I'm familiar with, with characters who reminded me a lot of people I know, and shot really well (I'm a sucker for certain kinds of cinematography). I'm pretty sad about this takeover. "The 100" is my next go-to show and it fills the void for morally ambiguous apocalypse shows but I don't get as into it as I used to.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I'm enjoying this so much more now that it's a complete train wreck again... Just this episode, we had a girl figure it would be easier to drop a truck on a zombie (who was nice enough to stop moving while she licked the jack stand multiple times) instead of using the tire iron that was within her reach the entire time and a guy who couldn't figure out what mile marker would be approximately 1 mile after mile marker 20. Not to mention evil lady's amazing plot to fill water bottles with pond water that isn't even clear- maybe people don't know the difference between sealed and unsealed bottles in the zombie apocalypse... I also love the horrible delivery of every single line by the trucker lady, I'm trying to decide if she's really awful or is intentionally tanking her part

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

brocked posted:

I also love the horrible delivery of every single line by the trucker lady, I'm trying to decide if she's really awful or is intentionally tanking her part

Well, Mo Collins is a comedian...

As for the dirty water, wasn’t the woman shown using a lighter on one of the bottles she refilled to ‘reseal’ it?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I loled when June used the walkie to repeatedly bash the padlock.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
For some reason I thought that was a gun but that made no sense either

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I think I spent more time on this lovely meme than the writers of this show spend writing an episode.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hard reboot, next episode it turns out Nick and Troy are just high as gently caress, hanging out in El Bazaar and eating those pieces of zombie brains to get hosed up.

Troy just can’t handle his drugs. :shrug:

Title change suggestion: Fear the Walking Dead: Beer Guy has the right idea

it's still incredible to me that they took everything the series had worked towards, when things were finally starting to open up and stretch with the bazaar/proctors/reina del agua story, and just flushed it down the toilet to give Morgan his own show

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I'm not an avid bad show watcher usually, but this is definitely one of the most extreme roller coasters of quality I think I've seen. Like Roller Coaster Tycoon "designed to kill every last rider" coaster.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

it's still incredible to me that they took everything the series had worked towards, when things were finally starting to open up and stretch with the bazaar/proctors/reina del agua story, and just flushed it down the toilet to give Morgan his own show

Instead of Morgan, they really had gone and crossed Abraham pre-Eugene over.

Discuss.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I have no idea why I did this and keep doing this but I watched more episodes. Got through episodes 9 and 10 now.

Episode 9:

Morgan: "Hey guys, lets go join the Walking Dead cast."
Everyone: "I'm going to say yes eventually (and you know it) but right now for the purpose of the Hero's Journey I need to say no and make a big deal of it, so that I can come to my senses later on."

Also I think that was the episode with the storm blowing zombies around which looked really silly.

Episode 10:

Child actor's parents: "Look I really want her to be a star, so god drat it here's my money. Make her a star."
Child actor: "Blank stare."

Alicia got super annoying in these past two episodes. I feel like she's not good enough to be a solo actor and needs someone else who's not a child for support.

Why does this episode have a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes? Am I wrong thinking it was annoying especially the deus ex zombie ending?

Also I was like 95% sure that Alicia was going to blow the kid's head out when she was doing the "close your eyes and imagine" thing, like Carol did to that one girl in TWD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah there's no reason that episode has 100%

Except that all of us that still watch obviously have broken brains

I have no idea how that zombie would do that to a steel cellar door

And fuckkkk that episode was slow

• Locked thread