Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Elon’s plane went to Reno at 6 PM on Thursday for like an hour, then took off to LA, followed by the reverse trip Monday afternoon.

90% sure this is the result of mainlining Ritalin to counteract the sadbrains from taking MDMA at Burning Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fuckin' lmbo

...although, while ricky was dumb, he had genuine talents at certain things, like growin' dope. what the hell can elon actually do better than others?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
he can't run a business. he's not a fuckin' engineer. his web code skills are, what, twenty years out of date now?

the gently caress can lonny actually do?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

who came up with felon

I love you

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Jimmy Carter posted:

Elon’s plane went to Reno at 6 PM on Thursday for like an hour, then took off to LA, followed by the reverse trip Monday afternoon.

90% sure this is the result of mainlining Ritalin to counteract the sadbrains from taking MDMA at Burning Man

Well then he just has to take all the same drugs but in reverse to get rid of the sadbrains

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

he can't run a business. he's not a fuckin' engineer. his web code skills are, what, twenty years out of date now?

the gently caress can lonny actually do?

:homebrew: :piaa: :retrogames:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/crowdedhereeh/status/1036628076392640515

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:2bong:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

none of those definitions of levels of autonomy are correct. if search worked i'd find my old mega effortpost about it but suffice it to say he's wrong, wrong, wrong

also btw check out the wikipedia page for "autonomous car" to read a carefully scrubbed, also incorrect, I loving Love Science-level description of SAE autonomy classifications

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

im the "hands-off" car that comes with explicit instructions not to take your hands off the wheel and beeps at you incessantly if you take your hands off the wheel

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the next tesla accident is going to be all the wheels falling off at the same time mid-flight off the end of a pier as it bursts into flame. the doors will not unlock.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

does ol musky block people? i want to get a block by him but dont want to have to file a libel civil suit

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

the next tesla accident is going to be all the wheels falling off at the same time mid-flight off the end of a pier as it bursts into flame. the doors will not unlock.

ludicrous sub mode

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Agile Vector posted:

does ol musky block people? i want to get a block by him but dont want to have to file a libel civil suit

pedo

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Sagebrush posted:

none of those definitions of levels of autonomy are correct. if search worked i'd find my old mega effortpost about it but suffice it to say he's wrong, wrong, wrong

also btw check out the wikipedia page for "autonomous car" to read a carefully scrubbed, also incorrect, I loving Love Science-level description of SAE autonomy classifications

the wikipedia entry is as far as my knowledge goes so I went looking for your post. search seems to be working on my end.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3461390&pagenumber=175&perpage=40#post474872373

it was informative so thanks.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

what level is dont follow the fire truck

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Agile Vector posted:

I’ve tweeted at him before only to be instantly buried by the incessant tidal wave of adoration from the bazinga brigade. good luck getting senpai to notice u.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

anyone who thinks we’ll have level 3 or more cars in the next 2 years has never been in a meeting where moving a database pushes out the timeline 15 weeks

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

I’ve tweeted at him before only to be instantly buried by the incessant tidal wave of adoration from the bazinga brigade. good luck getting senpai to notice u.

the path of a thousand bazingas start with but a single slander 🙏

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Agile Vector posted:

the path of a thousand bazingas start with but a single slander 🙏

maybe add “#$TSLA” or w/e that is for added bait?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

maybe add “#$TSLA” or w/e that is for added bait?

noted and ready to deploy

ill just wait his next craxy tweeahahaha

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
What portion of the twitter horde are bots?

More broadly, why do people worship Musk, of all people? What's the motivating drive? It's really lost me.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

qirex posted:

anyone who thinks we’ll have level 3 or more cars in the next 2 years has never been in a meeting where moving a database pushes out the timeline 15 weeks

FUD u just need to tighten up the controls on level 3 and its golden

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lifehack for hands off driving: jam an orange in your steering wheel. squeezus is my copilot. ;)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Discendo Vox posted:

More broadly, why do people worship Musk, of all people? What's the motivating drive? It's really lost me.

a rising tide lifts all dilapidated ships is my guess

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

wealth worship is a sad but consistent part of history and its real bad on twitter where people can directly fellate the ego of randos

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Discendo Vox posted:

he represents a world where the nerds were right and all those stuffy businessmen telling them that they were wrong because they didn’t like fun or understand SCIENCE are cast aside. if you’re someone who fancies themselves as ‘smart’ because they like rick and morty or whatever it can be frustrating to see society reward you with a tier-1 helpdesk wage while those idiots in finance who don’t understand anything rake it in. unjust even. musk was supposed to prove them all wrong.

i can definitely see why a lot of people are going full-stupid to defend him as they’ve wound so much of their identity into him.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

plus he really resonates with the BBT/i loving live science! crowd, who are idiots.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I guess that's where the disconnect occurs for me, as someone relatively familiar with a lot of the different cultural and methodological trappings of science. Musk is so completely at odds with even the most primitive notions of what science is that I don't see how even the completely moronic could worship him as an avatar of techie brilliance. Even the i loving love science poo poo has some closer bearing on reality, some distant attachment to inflated empiricism, than musk.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I guess that's where the disconnect occurs for me, as someone relatively familiar with a lot of the different cultural and methodological trappings of science. Musk is so completely at odds with even the most primitive notions of what science is that I don't see how even the completely moronic could worship him as an avatar of techie brilliance. Even the i loving love science poo poo has some closer bearing on reality, some distant attachment to inflated empiricism, than musk.

he personally designed a metal death tube out of rocket parts :razz: and dropped it off at the cave where he wasn't welcome. hes a lovely rich rear end in a top hat who thinks he's smart.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wonder if anyone’s gonna go to thailand and dig that thing out of the muck.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

President Beep posted:

wonder if anyone’s gonna go to thailand and dig that thing out of the muck.

probably worth more than a signed $1 bill

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Discendo Vox posted:

Because he made EV's relevant, and rockets, and some bullshit.

I think it was more apple fanbois who latched on to any one who would pander to them after Jobs kicked the bucket.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Discendo Vox posted:

They so desperately want to have been right all along.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

President Beep posted:

wonder if anyone’s gonna go to thailand and dig that thing out of the musk.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

imagine you're a soft white squishy upper middle class boy raised on star trek in the 80's and 90's, repeatedly told the future is just around the corner, and best of all you'll get to be the generation that lives in it! you're now an adult in future year 2018, but instead of being awesome the future is just full of car payments and menial labor, and instead of everyone just working on the obvious priority of :krad: space colonies, all these people are just whining about dumb silly ~emotional~ poo poo like politics or minimum wage or whatever. the government swirls around aimlessly in a vortex of poo poo, the space shuttle is a distant memory, NASA's got no real clear goal right now and the SLS is scheduled for only one flight this decade, an unmanned test.

then here comes daddy musk saying he's going to do all the cool stuff you're sure the future had in store for you, he's gonna build you a mars base! he's gonna build you an underground tunnel city! he's gonna make magic self-driving cars! look at this cool as heck footage of two rocket boosters landing automatically, standing up on deployable legs, just like rocket ships do in movies! musk clearly is the real deal, finally someone to save us from this dumb petty bullshit of society!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

most importantly though, musk knows the world is full of squishy star trek fuckboys, and he knows how they think because he's one too, and he's very good at exploiting that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Discendo Vox posted:

his fans are people that think science is like in movies where one great man throws around a bunch of holograms or whatever and then boom, there's world saving technology

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alternatively it's like one of those reality shows on TLC and musk is flaming out like the pedophile gunsmith clan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Discendo Vox posted:

i’m not talking about actual scientists or ‘nerds’

i’m talking about geeks