Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

HerraS posted:

they put favela back in rotation :negative:

it's only in casual and favela owns in the same way house does since it is a complete clusterfuck

also this is the first time i can remember where the weekly challenges don't have a single T-hunt

eSp0rtz charms are in the store again. it would seem that in an effort not to piss off all five of us nerds that bought one for $5 last time, from now on there will be little tags to them that display the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwNrpPgIEjQ&t=39s

juggalo baby coffin posted:

some extremely shameless spawn peeks going on here fam

lol it's fun to do every single round ever though

never not peek 👀 yet another reason Alibi is one of the best things to happen to this game

Thief fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HerraS posted:

they put favela back in rotation :negative:

How's that a bad thing, though? (unless you draw the short straw and need to defend packing room...) :v:
Have they made any changes to the map by the way, or is it exactly the same? I'm at work at present, so I can't check myself right now (sadly)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it's the same but now you have stuff like lesion and alibi to make things much easier for defenders

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Thief posted:

lol it's fun to do every single round ever though

never not peek 👀 yet another reason Alibi is one of the best things to happen to this game

its pretty lame dude, but most of the people in rainbow six probably deserve it. its just poo poo when every round devolves into peeking and runouts. people should go play CS or something

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

its pretty lame dude, but most of the people in rainbow six probably deserve it. its just poo poo when every round devolves into peeking and runouts. people should go play CS or something

Hmm but have you considered dont run headfirst into the building???

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

underage at the vape shop posted:

Hmm but have you considered dont run headfirst into the building???

that works on most maps, but some literally spawn you in line of sight of the enemy team

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it's very much an established part of the meta, even at mid-silver/low-gold which is where the majority of players are

so much so that ubi did more than just add an operator that specifically specializes in spawn peeking. they also removed the red filter from runouts because the maps are specifically designed for ways to counter almost every single location. the ones that were blatantly OP (like what you mentioned) have almost all be fixed or are enough of a gamble because of the time investment required to commit to them

because of this, i have no sympathy for people that die to spawn peeks because they literally run right into them. it's one of the easiest things to avoid.

also fights on the outskirts of the map can be pretty fun more often than not. it even becomes an absolute necessity for defending certain bomb sites.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
They were pretty lovely back when there were a ton of them that were unavoidable but they've been designing and fixing the maps with peeking in mind for quite awhile now.

It's definitely a fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me type of thing. If it's a big problem then bring Glaz.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

peeking is bearable now, it used to be absolute dogshit but these days it's actually alright. also, if the opposing team shows itself to be peeking assholes, just prefire windows. amount of times I've just burst heads into red mist by prefiring windows without even knowing if anyone is there, it feels good.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

It's really map dependant. On most of them it's fine, but then you have maps like Yacht which are just terrible in that regard.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Did they change rifle recoil? I was get all sorts of headshots tonight.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Agoat posted:

Did they change rifle recoil? I was get all sorts of headshots tonight.

They fixed unintended deviation from bullets going where your reticle actually is to where it looks like it is. You should notice an increase in accuracy across all automatic weapons but I wouldn't begin to presume to say how much.

At the very least you should have considerably less (maybe even none at all) instances where your reticle is on a head and you miss.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

that works on most maps, but some literally spawn you in line of sight of the enemy team

This doesn't exist. There's not a single spawn in the game that spawns you with line of sight to a peek

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Probably the worst offender for spawn kills is the Bank back alley. Gunning outside behind the van allows you to fill the spawn area with lead, just before the icon visibility kicks in. Still, it's easy to counteract by moving immediately on spawn rather than staying in drone mode on round start.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Canal is peeker heaven, there are tons of windows and runout and the attacker have to expose themselves a lot to enter.
I find it really hard to play against super agressive defending team in ranked, in casual you can just stay back and zap a couple defender but the tight ranked clock make that harder.

Krogort fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 5, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fart Car '97 posted:

This doesn't exist. There's not a single spawn in the game that spawns you with line of sight to a peek

That doesn't exist no, but there still exist plenty of areas where you have little to no cover on your way in, which can be frustrating and basically removes certain spawns after round one if you know a team is heavy on peaking, if you're not confident in countering.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Krogort posted:

exposé themselves à lot

What in tarnation

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I lost 25 consecutive rounds last night.

Really have come around to Ranked; if I had managed to convince my friends to do placement matches then I might have been down in Copper where I belong instead of eating my own teeth all night.

I really like the new recoil changes though.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Orv posted:

That doesn't exist no, but there still exist plenty of areas where you have little to no cover on your way in, which can be frustrating and basically removes certain spawns after round one if you know a team is heavy on peaking, if you're not confident in countering.

Always assume the other team is peeking. Prefire every regularly peek window, every time. Fast peek regularly peeked corners before moving up. Leave drones pointed at common peek spots. If you spawn bank alley always ADS and be ready for the closet runout. Yes some maps encourage it (Kanal and plane especially, but then again that's why they aren't in ranked) Play the game as if regular peeking and run-outs are a part of it. Becuase they are. :shrug:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i'm actually very sincerely impressed by how Ubi handled spawn peeks because they catered as much as possible to the people that were legit crying about it without gutting it like :dice: would. the reworks were entirely logical and actually improved the game overall

this extend to really good camping spots indoors too. every time you have a random chair or tree or whatever blocking your LoS it is almost always there for an actual reason. the best of all is when it is concealment, not cover

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Siege's map design team has gotten really good. The new map is already awesome and I love it even though I get my poo poo pushed in on it because I don't really know what I'm doing (especially playing against all the TTSers who know strats already).

Peeks are annoying but what's more annoying is when your teammate bumblefucks into them after you warned them to watch out. Especially at low-to-mid ranks it's really, really difficult to get people to watch their loving flanks.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Does anyone have a guide for the new map? Layout makes zero sense to me, doesn’t fee anything like old Hereford.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The new hereford looks and feels like Villa. In that they're both confusing clusterfucks that I have no idea how to play.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I dunno, I got the new Hereford layout pretty quickly. Meanwhile Villa is still practically a funhouse maze.

Both maps are great for slam picking Sledge and just running through the map walls

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

well, you see, the rework is a perfect replica of the original novel so i would suggest starting there

lol but forreal though, embrace that feeling because its one of the best parts of the game and you'll miss it once you find yourself cheesing 2 pixel wide peeks between random debris. characters like buck/sledge/iq are very good for exploring

but holy poo poo now you can just play maverick and literally peek through tactical gloryholes until you find something interesting on the other side

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/EYeLwLK.mp4
:crossarms:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The best spawn peek is putting your holograms behind busted windows and then immediately headshotting the first person to shoot one through an unbroken window or exterior wall.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Big red symbol in the top right means your connection was hosed during this

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Best way to learn the layout of a new map is to create a custom game by the yourself and set the round length to maximum (10 min?). Then just run around looking at how everything fits together. Since you don't have to worry about being ambushed you can direct your full attention to memorizing how to get around. After that it should be much easier to pick up on the more subtle things like peeking spots and good places to hide.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AppleDan posted:

https://streamable.com/rdbeh feels good to not be bad for once

What is it with you and sharing videos of you dropping slurs?

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What is it with you and sharing videos of you dropping slurs?

right? self-own, inside the thread. e: dude sounds like a fuckin 9th grader w that poo poo lmao.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Clash is a load of fun but completely useless if you don't have a buddy to back you up. Pubbies are useless as usual.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Flutch posted:

right? self-own, inside the thread. e: dude sounds like a fuckin 9th grader w that poo poo lmao.

Are you guys for real? I said niggA, thats not a slur.

And I'm black, I knew someone would say something about it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it's pretty obvious that you didn't mean it in a malicious way but like a few weeks ago one of the biggest topics of the game was how Ubi started banning for people even typing stuff like "nibba" to get around the chat filter

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

AppleDan posted:

word, sorry to project average goon characteristics onto you <3 carry on and i'l mind my own

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Thief posted:

it's pretty obvious that you didn't mean it in a malicious way but like a few weeks ago one of the biggest topics of the game was how Ubi started banning for people even typing stuff like "nibba" to get around the chat filter

Yeah and I think wordfilter dodging is the most obnoxious, I just don't use ingame chat at all except for callouts to pubbies.

Flutch posted:

word, sorry to project average goon characteristics onto you <3 carry on and i'l mind my own

no problem

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

AppleDan posted:

Just to let you know this appears to be a pretty recent development; lots of people are from a generation where it's a slur regardless of what letter it ends with.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

AppleDan posted:

As long as you don't type it :colbert:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Whether or not you are black and "allowed" to say it it's really ignorant and makes you sound like a moron and goons are right to make fun of you for talking like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

The Duggler posted:

Whether or not you are black and "allowed" to say it it's really ignorant and makes you sound like a moron and goons are right to make fun of you for talking like that

:allears: Good racial politics ITT