Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Every year the fan-base focuses on one unpleasant looking piece of corn in the pile of poo poo that is this years game. Last year it was Seth Rollins, in previous years it was Booker T, Mr. Kennedy, Edge...

There isn't even any pretension that it will be better this year, they have already declared 2K19 is going to be a refined 2K18. It will supposedly be next year's game when they get around to actually making a go at bringing the game up to modern standards. Good luck on that though, they have promised that the commentary has been redone basically every year for the last 10 in the lead up to release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Tonight @8:05 EST!
GAME Pro Wrestling presents The Pan-Console Grand Prix Night 6!
-Matt Riddle[2] vs THE DOOMSLAYER[4]
-Tracer[2] vs Princess Peach[4]
-Trevor Belmont[4] vs NEMESIS[5]
-Solid Snake[4] vs King Bowser[4]
-Duke Nukem[4] vs Ganondorf[8]
-Mettaton[6] vs Link[8]
-Zangeif[10] vs Dracula[3][8]
-Gilgamesh[8] vs Scorpion[4]
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

edit: I saw someone run a WWE 2k match with random commentary. It was indiscernible from normal gameplay.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/theJcrow21/status/1035238517620854784

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
adam cole has a big head

edit: he looks fine up close/in this lighting

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Aug 31, 2018

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Had a crash on the PS4 Fire Pro at the end of a battle royal. Have noticed a few performance/loading issues so I hope some fixes get made.

Simmed a massive 16-man tourney for the IWGP title and Nakanishi just bulldozed his way through the competition. Had an easy first round match so he went in fresh for the rest of it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My Fire Pro occasionally freezes momentarily when I'm doing some stuff in the wrestler creator mode, but otherwise it works fine.

This is the first FP game where I don't feel hopelessly lost in the fighting system. I don't know if they tweaked the difficulty levels but it seems a tiny bit more accessible than prior games.

Also I had a nightmare about Yuji Nagata's frightening smile. 10/10

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Anyone heard anything about Fire Pro Switch? I have a PS4, but that would probably suit me best, considering the limited system requirements and transportability. Is there any rumour of this happening?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Von Linus posted:

Anyone heard anything about Fire Pro Switch? I have a PS4, but that would probably suit me best, considering the limited system requirements and transportability. Is there any rumour of this happening?

The closest I've seen/heard is that the director of the game is interested in doing it.

Makes me think that the FP-Web setup could be used for more than one platform...

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

My Fire Pro occasionally freezes momentarily when I'm doing some stuff in the wrestler creator mode, but otherwise it works fine.

I think what's happening there is the menu background video reloading. The PC version doesn't have all that animation in the back.

(Loading times in general are a bit longer but welcome to consoles I guess)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PS4 version got a bugfix patch so that's cool.

I hadn't been playing in a while because I've been really into new Warhammer game, which is hella cool. When I've had downtime at work, I've been going through the FPW site so when I plopped down to play today, I had like 200 new wrestlers to sort through.

I had fun playing against lvl7 CPU doing title matches because this game is actually more fun when you're getting your rear end kicked and barely squeeking out wins. Okada is an OP bastard tho.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

PS4 version got a bugfix patch so that's cool.

I hadn't been playing in a while because I've been really into new Warhammer game, which is hella cool. When I've had downtime at work, I've been going through the FPW site so when I plopped down to play today, I had like 200 new wrestlers to sort through.

I had fun playing against lvl7 CPU doing title matches because this game is actually more fun when you're getting your rear end kicked and barely squeeking out wins. Okada is an OP bastard tho.

Sooooo, Spike Chunsoft got Okada's stats and AI perfect, is what you're saying?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gaz-L posted:

Absolutely. He’s the fuckin mountain you gotta climb in this game.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I think it's funny that Kenny Omega's stats are just one point higher than Okada's.

GAME Pro Wrestling presents The Pan-Console Grand Prix Night 7!
-Link[8] vs Princess Peach[6]
-Matt Riddle[4] vs NEMESIS[7]
-Tracer[2] vs King Bowser[4]
-Duke Nukem[4] vs Zangief[12]
-Snake[6] vs Gilgamesh[8]
-THE DOOMSLAYER[4] vs Ganondorf[10]
-Scorpion[6] vs Mettaton[8]
-Trevor[4] vs Dracula[3]
The B-Block is a foregone conclusion as even if Zangief loses his block match tonight and Ganondorf wins his, Zangief holds the tiebreaker.
The A-Block goes into the final night with a 3-way tie between Gilgamesh, Link, and Mettaton, that could turn in to a 6-way tie if all of them lose their matches tonight.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I have one key question about the PS4 version of World that I haven't had time to play yet: Can I play the story mode with a downloaded version of LA Park?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Boco_T posted:

I have one key question about the PS4 version of World that I haven't had time to play yet: Can I play the story mode with a downloaded version of LA Park?

You'll have to make your own in Story Mode. I haven't gone through the editor in Story to see if his bits and pieces are available from the jump but his moves certainly aren't. You gotta train up to unlock moves and stuff. I haven't really taken the time to read up and see what unlocks what.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You can always start as a plain young boy, and then return from excursion as a weird skelly man

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Anything is possible in the wild world of Fire Pro! You can leave the dojo a skinny Japanese boy and come back a fat Mexican Skeleton!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Does your Career mode guy get copied over to the main roster after it is over? Could be fun to slowly populate a roster like that.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

From what I've heard, it's doesn't and that's bullshit.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Takuan posted:

From what I've heard, it's doesn't and that's bullshit.

Can you at least see your stats and move set and appearance stuff enough to manually recreate them?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Can you at least see your stats and move set and appearance stuff enough to manually recreate them?

yup.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Takuan posted:

Anything is possible in the wild world of Fire Pro! You can leave the dojo a skinny Japanese boy and come back a fat Mexican Skeleton!

Imma turn into Pentagon

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

When I left, I was but a boy. I return to you a bear.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
It actually lets you fully edit your wrestler before you even do a match in the opening tournament

http://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1036467476140310530

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

got Fire Pro for the PS4 this weekend, and the first thing I did was DL a bunch of New Legacy characters

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
There seems to be a consistent issue with battle royales in rings with custom textures crashing the game- possibly too much to load, but it's happened at the end twice (just before the results screen.) The other time was before it had even started.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just realized that it wasn't a graphics glitch that caused my big fat story mode son's rear end to always look like it was hanging out during suplexes, I'd accidentally picked some kind of jock strap instead of tights.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Takuan posted:

I think it's funny that Kenny Omega's stats are just one point higher than Okada's.

GAME Pro Wrestling presents The Pan-Console Grand Prix Night 7!
-Link[8] vs Princess Peach[6]
-Matt Riddle[4] vs NEMESIS[7]
-Tracer[2] vs King Bowser[4]
-Duke Nukem[4] vs Zangief[12]
-Snake[6] vs Gilgamesh[8]
-THE DOOMSLAYER[4] vs Ganondorf[10]
-Scorpion[6] vs Mettaton[8]
-Trevor[4] vs Dracula[3]
The B-Block is a foregone conclusion as even if Zangief loses his block match tonight and Ganondorf wins his, Zangief holds the tiebreaker.
The A-Block goes into the final night with a 3-way tie between Gilgamesh, Link, and Mettaton, that could turn in to a 6-way tie if all of them lose their matches tonight.

Mettaton’s gonna win this, huh? He seems to be far and away the strongest character in this.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Armitage posted:

Mettaton’s gonna win this, huh? He seems to be far and away the strongest character in this.

Mettaton is strong, but he's not unbeatable. Gilgamesh has so far beaten him twice in consecutive singles matches, plus in the tournament he dropped a loss to Bowser. Now Zangief has been an absolute terror in this tournament, crushing all who stand before him, even monsters like NEMESIS and Ganondorf(except, somehow, Duke Nukem.)
A-Block ended in a 3-way tie between Link, Gilgamesh, and Mettaton. Gilgamesh holds a victory of Mettaton, Mettaton has a victory of Link, and Link has a victory over Gilgamesh. Tune in this Thursday(live at 8:05 EST!) for this to be settled in a three-way, over-the-top-rope elimination match between Gilgamesh, Link, and Mettaton to determine who will face Zangief later that night in the finals!

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Does the tiebreaker mechanic even exist in Fire Pro? Any time I've had a block end in a tie the guys just end up having to fight each other.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
How grumpy does Twitch get about licensed music? If I put something in as a Fire Pro entrance theme that turns out to be on a label of note, is that gonna cause any immediate fuckery or will my VODs just have the entrances muted?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

How grumpy does Twitch get about licensed music? If I put something in as a Fire Pro entrance theme that turns out to be on a label of note, is that gonna cause any immediate fuckery or will my VODs just have the entrances muted?

Usually the way it works is that only the part with the licensed music gets muted from the VODs. Surprisingly despite using stuff that was copyrighted in a quick "Best WWF Light Heavyweight Championship" tournament I recorded, it didn't get VOD muted I don't think. It's not always clear what will or won't get caught by it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Does the tiebreaker mechanic even exist in Fire Pro? Any time I've had a block end in a tie the guys just end up having to fight each other.

Takuan isn't running it as a League in-game, I believe- just doing the individual matches and totaling up points.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Angry_Ed posted:

Usually the way it works is that only the part with the licensed music gets muted from the VODs. Surprisingly despite using stuff that was copyrighted in a quick "Best WWF Light Heavyweight Championship" tournament I recorded, it didn't get VOD muted I don't think. It's not always clear what will or won't get caught by it.

So basically, I don't have to worry, necessarily.

:stare: You just saved me loving days of effort.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So basically, I don't have to worry, necessarily.

:stare: You just saved me loving days of effort.

Yeah, they don't give a poo poo outside of that unless a company complains. Twitch's archiving is also basically pointless, though, so if you care about people accessing your old streams you should probably record your outgoing stream and then dump it onto youtube.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, they don't give a poo poo outside of that unless a company complains. Twitch's archiving is also basically pointless, though, so if you care about people accessing your old streams you should probably record your outgoing stream and then dump it onto youtube.

Twitch does now offer the ability to download your archived streams, in case recording the outgoing stream isn't doable for whatever reason.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I generally don't run tournaments or leagues in Fire Pro because doing them manually allows much more flexibility. For example, not having to stick with the same referee for the whole show, and I think if I edited any of the participants during the league(like, say, Mettaton's neck injury) it would cancel the whole thing. I organized the league on challonge.com, and it's saying Link won the block, but I can't figure out how it's reaching that conclusion. All three have the same points, and beat one of the other finalists and lost to the other.

Besides, running a match to determine a clear winner is both fun and a more satisfying conclusion.

In regards to archiving stuff on YouTube, I've found Twitch's Export-To-Youtube function works great. It's way faster than recording then uploading the shows manually.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dang, Adam Ryland has said he isn't planning on launching a new version of TEW before 2020 at the earliest.

2016 had some nice QOL improvements over previous versions, would be nice to keep building on it. Top thing on my wish list would be to play as a child company. Would be interesting to play as NXT, maybe having developmental goals set by WWE and dealing with your top people getting called up.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

triplexpac posted:

Dang, Adam Ryland has said he isn't planning on launching a new version of TEW before 2020 at the earliest.

2016 had some nice QOL improvements over previous versions, would be nice to keep building on it. Top thing on my wish list would be to play as a child company. Would be interesting to play as NXT, maybe having developmental goals set by WWE and dealing with your top people getting called up.

Is there a good crash course on how to dig into TEW? I started trying to make headway on a TNA 2009 scenario but holy cow there's a lot going on. It's hard to know where to start, let alone how to do poo poo right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Takuan posted:

it's saying Link won the block, but I can't figure out how it's reaching that conclusion. All three have the same points, and beat one of the other finalists and lost to the other.

I think it becomes based upon earliest win at that point.