Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

jimmyjams posted:

who is shaggar

a miserable little pile of bicycle parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
I thought that stymie had piped up itt because of the avchange, lollll

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

someone needs to put phil spector’s head on it for proper brand awareness.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its not only a classist shaggaring, it's a classic shaggaring

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

prisoner of waffles posted:

what does "best" mean with regards to economic systems?

Shaggar posted:

in practice its generally best at production, trade, and personal freedom which in turn lead to better quality of life.

source your (e: you're) claims and be sure to explain how social democracies in Europe provide a worse quality of life than the U.S.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
medicare fuckin sucks to deal with but masshealth got me massive surgery for free so it should be that for all imo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i cant handle all these avatar shenanigans

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Roosevelt posted:

i cant handle all these avatar shenanigans

lmao. same.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MononcQc posted:

how much would it cost to keep "money is the best motivator" folks from posting

or are they doing it out of some other drive

stop paying them i guess

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
while there are both societal pressures and personal standards towards maintaining cleanliness, goonhauses demonstrate that some people have no lower limit for stank

publically shame and cane those people imo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Shaggar posted:

yeah instead of an insecure SSN you get a managed identity that can generate ids for use in external orgs (to replace SSN) and also key management for signing and encryption. things like SS details, tax info, birth certs, drivers licenses, etc.. would all be associated to that account so they can be looked up by any application that has access (either because its a US gov system app or because you grant it access). Applications would need to go through certification to be allowed to participate.

this would be a real good system but holy moly the alex jones crowd would go ballistic

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, lots of countries have all the good things that peeps want because the politicians correctly just fuckin ignore the crazies

crazies in america get 6 votes to normal peeps' 1 in the senate, about

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bob dobbs is dead posted:

in about 20 years half the US population will be living in 8 states

Eight states will have just under half of the total population of the country, 49.5 percent, according to the Weldon Cooper Center’s estimate. The next eight most populous states will account for an additional fifth of the population, up to 69.2 percent — meaning that the 16 most populous states will be home to about 70 percent of Americans.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think that china has something like that centralized digital citizen identity system coming along real nicely

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

i think that china has something like that centralized digital citizen identity system coming along real nicely

less hosed up countries have it too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Eight states will have just under half of the total population of the country, 49.5 percent, according to the Weldon Cooper Center’s estimate. The next eight most populous states will account for an additional fifth of the population, up to 69.2 percent — meaning that the 16 most populous states will be home to about 70 percent of Americans.

it should work like a katamari and when a state's population gets to some multiple of the one beside it the smaller one gets absorbed

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

well at least the house can probably put the senate in perpetual deadlock until this stupid country explodes

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
estonia is where u can become a pioneer digital e-citizen and it seems like a p nice place

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

GenJoe posted:

estonia is where u can become a pioneer digital e-citizen and it seems like a p nice place

https://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/21670/

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

sounds great

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

it should work like a katamari and when a state's population gets to some multiple of the one beside it the smaller one gets absorbed

that's just common sense imo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

yeah, lots of countries have all the good things that peeps want because the politicians correctly just fuckin ignore the crazies

there aren't that many crazies, but they absolutely vote while the non-crazies are kind of apathetic and then bad candidates can help encourage that apathy. blaming the voters or the system is stupid and wrong.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah we absolutely need to have a constitutional convention and the best part is all the wrong people will have the power whenever that inevitably happens

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

conjoin the Midwest into a single state.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ia ia musk k'thagen

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
please define “midwest”

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Shaggar posted:

conjoin the Midwest into a single state.

Or just nuke it all and keep flying over it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

please define “midwest”

all the lovely states that aren't on the coasts

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

President Beep posted:

please define “midwest”

west until you smell it, then kill you'resalf

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

thank you all for the clarification :patriot:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

all the lovely states that aren't on the coasts

pittsburgh, the paris of appalachia, is on the coast tho??????

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
everything to the west of and north of (and including) Pittsburgh to the California and the Canadian border.

everything below and including pittsburg is the south. everything to the north east of pittsburg is the north east.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If you see corn, you're in the Midwest

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shaggar posted:

everything to the west of and north of (and including) Pittsburgh to the California and the Canadian border.

everything below and including pittsburg is the south. everything to the north east of pittsburg is the north east.

:fishmech:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
technically the Canadian provinces north of the border are probably also the Midwest.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

pittsburgh, the paris of appalachia, is on the coast tho??????

i think you have that confused with philadelphia, the only UNESCO heritage city in the country

or at least it was until trump lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

technically the Canadian provinces north of the border are probably also the Midwest.

thank gently caress i'm technically northeast of pittsburgh

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i think you have that confused with philadelphia, the only UNESCO heritage city in the country

or at least it was until trump lol

pittsburgh is a coastal city

tori said so. presumably on the coasts of the ohio and allegheny rivers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

over 60 senators now represent less than half the country and in a very short time a supermajority of the senate will represent less than 40% of the population. the usa is doomed. the constitution needs to be completely redone and federalism needs to be thrown in the trash.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mr. Nice! posted:

over 60 senators now represent less than half the country and in a very short time a supermajority of the senate will represent less than 40% of the population. the usa is doomed. the constitution needs to be completely redone and federalism needs to be thrown in the trash.

hmm nah just get rid of some trash states in the forbidden zone and merge with mexico and canada, integrating the mexican states and canadian provinces as states per the constitution

i mean cmon mexico is even already named the united states of mexico irl and the residents of kansas devolved and lost sentience by 1982

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you can have alberta, hell, they'll welcome it