Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Hal Incandenza posted:

Can someone clarify if I have this correct? Gaspy, who is not a cop, got a shadow-aligned result on beet. For reasons I can't recall someone thinks there is a good possibility of a busdriver (who I guess would likely have driven beet?) or is that just random speculation? I can't seem to figure out where that started.

Someone mentioned that 'Town Taxi Driver' sounds like Bus Driver, then said could be possible scum have a framer or bus driver of their own.

This person was either Lupen or Gaspy or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Can someone clarify if I have this correct? Gaspy, who is not a cop, got a shadow-aligned result on beet. For reasons I can't recall someone thinks there is a good possibility of a busdriver (who I guess would likely have driven beet?) or is that just random speculation? I can't seem to figure out where that started.

Gaspy claims he investigated Beet last not and got a "not town" result. He says he is not a cop but explaining his role would be complicated. He did this exact thing in Winefia and turned out to be scum. Dancer flipped as a cab driver and apparently in a recent game Dancer was also a bus driver and swapped either Gaspy or Beet and screwed up their investigative results so Beet said that may have happened again. While this was being discussed Gaspy posted that he was PMed by the mod and told the result is actually "Shadow aligned" and not "not town". Then Gaspy and Beet both said they're not willing to trust the result.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gaspy claims he investigated Beet last not and got a "not town" result. He says he is not a cop but explaining his role would be complicated. He did this exact thing in Winefia and turned out to be scum. Dancer flipped as a cab driver and apparently in a recent game Dancer was also a bus driver and swapped either Gaspy or Beet and screwed up their investigative results so Beet said that may have happened again. While this was being discussed Gaspy posted that he was PMed by the mod and told the result is actually "Shadow aligned" and not "not town". Then Gaspy and Beet both said they're not willing to trust the result.

Toalpaz posted:

Someone mentioned that 'Town Taxi Driver' sounds like Bus Driver, then said could be possible scum have a framer or bus driver of their own.

This person was either Lupen or Gaspy or both.

Ha yeah I just had finally found that part again.

I mean yeah clearly that is an unlikely chain of events and I agree with most of what yuming has said about the way beet has played so ##vote beet but I also don't feel any better about Lumpen after reading the last few pages.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Did Gaspy claim explaining his role would be complicated? I thought he just demured to keep wifom going about what he actually is.

The recent game stuff is totally wrong. Dancer had nothing to do with anything that happened in that game. Gaspy had a lightning rod role that forced one person to target him. Beet was a inventor and handing out a gun. Gaspy forced Beet to target him(but if I recall correctly Beet was already targeting him) and got the gun, then shot Beet with it.

So while it is possible Dancer messed with Beet, I dunno that I'd call it likelier than any other scenario.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

But wait we don't know that beet is scum. Are you saying I can't have two people I think are scum in the same list if one being scum would make it less likely the other was? It's not like I posted a definitive list of who I was sure was scum, I posted a list of people I was suspicious enough to consider voting.

Also I had no idea you would vote me, I must have missed that post. Although I feel like your default position going into every game is that you would vote me 100%

Nah. I give you a pass often because I expect some lurking, but I feel like more than once you've done what I've considered to be faking opinions.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmm if beet is town. Gaspy isn't the lynch. It's probably yuming or merk.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Hmm if beet is town. Gaspy isn't the lynch. It's probably yuming or merk.

Because you think gaspy wouldn't gambit a fake result on D2?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because you think gaspy wouldn't gambit a fake result on D2?

Nah, the cases, but I'll get to that post flip if I'm alive

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Did Gaspy claim explaining his role would be complicated? I thought he just demured to keep wifom going about what he actually is.

The recent game stuff is totally wrong. Dancer had nothing to do with anything that happened in that game. Gaspy had a lightning rod role that forced one person to target him. Beet was a inventor and handing out a gun. Gaspy forced Beet to target him(but if I recall correctly Beet was already targeting him) and got the gun, then shot Beet with it.

So while it is possible Dancer messed with Beet, I dunno that I'd call it likelier than any other scenario.

hambeet posted:

You've completely ignored what I said about dancer possibly being a bus driver and loving with you and I because did Prey mafia.

Asphyxious posted:

Hell of a coincidence if the exact same thing happened AGAIN.

I’m claiming a result.

Asphyxious posted:

AA I get your concern in the circumstances but it’s not some weird claim. My flavour is ticket taker Carla, the hot one in the booth.

They both think Dancer had something to do with the recent game, though? Also yeah he just wifomed.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GenericGirlName posted:

So now that I've read gaspy's posts I'm less sure of this read.

Yea I agree, I wouldn't vote beet based on just this info alone, but I'm glad to have this info for the future.

GenericGirlName posted:

I don't like the idea of voting yuming because of their posts but it's hard to both stand by "not vote yuming" and "not vote beet". I don't think yuming is scummy, just town who would rather kill bad on unclear info and use that to work back and build a case (fair imo). And I also understand not voting ham based on a read that the reader isn't confident in. Similarly this makes me not want to vote the person who brought it up. Because it seems weird to have scum shield themselves with a fake and vague role claim early on instead of just making something up or actually claiming to be cop and getting town to waste a night (a risky plan though because then you need to survive the night and cause confusion the next day in order to stay alive).

Due to sheer volume of posts I'm torn on a good read for either Lumpen or Ham(in Ham's case I would want to ignore the weird cop read for now). Both could be scum trying to control the focus of the thread or town legit frustrated with lurkers. My gut tells me both are the later (based on content) but from reading again I'm feeling like maybe SA forums mafia has changed quite a bit since when I last tried my hand at it and it's caught me off guard, so I'm maybe over correcting for finding the quantity of posting off putting.

These posts are real bad now that I reread them. Lot of handwringing and "oh heavens I can't decide" type stuff which yeah we all do it but at a certain point you have to pick one and vote. Not voting at all is scummy and you already failed to vote for a single person day 1.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Humalong posted:

They both think Dancer had something to do with the recent game, though? Also yeah he just wifomed.

I mean, he was in the game, I think they are both saying maybe he saw what happened last game and thought it would be fun to mess with them in this one. But he definitely had no part in what happened last time. So it's not like he would be repeating something he already was proven to do. That's my take at least.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, he was in the game, I think they are both saying maybe he saw what happened last game and thought it would be fun to mess with them in this one. But he definitely had no part in what happened last time. So it's not like he would be repeating something he already was proven to do. That's my take at least.

FWIW I also don't think it's very likely, just stating what I read.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey all, if I have to go to turn up some scum fine. I think I've done all I can at this stage and I've generated a lot of discussion that town can hopefully use tomorrow. It's day 2 so there's plenty of time left in the game.

I have work stuff on first thing this morning so I don't know how into it I can get prior to lynch, and I'm phone posting so I am not gonna go quoting stuff because :effort:. As it's turned out when I did quote and back up my points it was flat out ignored most of the time.

So some quick thoughts to round it out.

:trumppop: merk continues to ignore stuff inconvenient to his (yumings) case. He asked me to prove 4 people (a comment I made) that didn't like yumings original case. I provided five, he still ignored it despite me originally pointing it out.

:chaostrump: merk also wants to say I never responded to her case nor tried to work out her alignment. (irony much?) Yuming said this too and I disproved it and posted that quote twice yesterday. It's there, go look if you want to actually scum hunt.

:trumppop: yumings case was meta on me and she was gonna allegedly go into day two and build a new case. Then she saw gaspys result and didn't. Which is interesting. If I was town I'd reinforce any case I made, not just go "ehh that's enough".

:chaostrump: yuming has also done the single most scummiest thing in a game Ive played in recently and I'm surprised people are ignoring it. She didn't like the meaning of her original post, so she tried to change it and play it down. This, while still saying I twisted those same words!

Yumings case is meta, merk thinks it's the bee's knees and they'll both die on that hill it seems.

Other thoughts:

:tinfoil: kashuno knee jerking when he thought I was implying he was buddying up together with yuming was funny. He really didn't seem too happy about it. Not a real case, but something I'd keep in mind for later if I was still around.

:tinfoil: TNL lurking the hell out of the game and then comes in with a meta read on me from the only game I can remember playing with them and doesn't mention gaspys result.

:tinfoil: AA has actually misrepresented what I said in Mason chat. I never said I thought gaspy was scummy. I never used those words, what I said was gaspy changing gears on me and has been saying all the right things to not make me suss. So predictably that has made me begin to be increasingly suss on him. That's not the same as saying I see him as scum.

:tinfoil: kB really pings me as playing similar to the Yu-Gi-Oh game, but that's just meta so I'd never use that as a justification for a case or a vote. Just something I'd keep an eye on.

:tinfoil: arbitraryC just did that whole post summary thing in a game he was scum in. I don't remember if he did it in the recent Town of Salem game or not so that's just an observation, and is still a null tell.

:tinfoil: so back onto gaspy. What I was saying to aa, incase he is town, was pointing out that gaspy was avoiding raising my suspicions and that is suspicious in it self, to me anyway because we have a long history of mafia games together. So in the absence of reason for suspicion, I was getting suspicious.

Also for someone who has a result, even if they legitimately don't trust it anymore they're awfully quiet. Considering the implications of my eventual town flip if gaspy were scum I would think that he would be doing more to prepare for that.

:tinfoil: finally lumpen. I don't know what to think. He was misreading bad on day one which is why I pushed him hard. he then completely turned his gameplay around today and I really like what I've seen. if he is scum good on him, he has a good technique to approach casing which is hard to do as scum.

Anyway

I'm surprised that evidence and proof can be demanded of me, which I have provided every time, but others players can misrepresent, twist, ignore and in some cases want to rewrite history, and they get a free pass.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, I'm an idiot and I might have proof that beet wasn't bus driven. At the risk of putting a target on my head, I used my night action on beet n1. Specifically, I targeted him. My result was that my action was successful on beet. I'm not a bus driver or a framer, so it's probably easy to guess what I am. Point is, I was specifically told that my action happened on beet and not on anyone else. Now, beet could have been framed. Gaspy could have been redirected somehow. There's still explanations. But failing those, I think the result on beet might actually be accurate.

## vote beet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Yes that is correct and I saw you corrected the earlier wrong post. I was just saying earlier that it was plausible the dancer might assume (correctly) that gaspy and I might do something to each other night 1 because we did so in prey (targeted each other) and honestly if I had a night action I probably would have used it on gaspy last night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

Actually, I'm an idiot and I might have proof that beet wasn't bus driven. At the risk of putting a target on my head, I used my night action on beet n1. Specifically, I targeted him. My result was that my action was successful on beet. I'm not a bus driver or a framer, so it's probably easy to guess what I am. Point is, I was specifically told that my action happened on beet and not on anyone else. Now, beet could have been framed. Gaspy could have been redirected somehow. There's still explanations. But failing those, I think the result on beet might actually be accurate.

## vote beet

Well I'm gonna cop the lynch anyway so don't reveal more about your role, but when I flip town what does that imply?

(If you're not scum)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also as the highest volume poster the thread gonna get a lot quieter over the upcoming day if everyone continues to ignore lurkers.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

Well I'm gonna cop the lynch anyway so don't reveal more about your role, but when I flip town what does that imply?

(If you're not scum)

That either Gaspy is lying or someone redirected his result somehow is the best I can come up with. My action wouldn't interfere with investigation at all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I enjoyed that long post beet and if you flip town I will look back on it.

I actually didn’t agree with yuming yesterday but I thought she did a good job expanding on it today, but some of the stuff you said about merk definitely aligns with what I see

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

Hey all, if I have to go to turn up some scum fine. I think I've done all I can at this stage and I've generated a lot of discussion that town can hopefully use tomorrow. It's day 2 so there's plenty of time left in the game.

I have work stuff on first thing this morning so I don't know how into it I can get prior to lynch, and I'm phone posting so I am not gonna go quoting stuff because :effort:. As it's turned out when I did quote and back up my points it was flat out ignored most of the time.

So some quick thoughts to round it out.

:trumppop: merk continues to ignore stuff inconvenient to his (yumings) case. He asked me to prove 4 people (a comment I made) that didn't like yumings original case. I provided five, he still ignored it despite me originally pointing it out.

:chaostrump: merk also wants to say I never responded to her case nor tried to work out her alignment. (irony much?) Yuming said this too and I disproved it and posted that quote twice yesterday. It's there, go look if you want to actually scum hunt.

:trumppop: yumings case was meta on me and she was gonna allegedly go into day two and build a new case. Then she saw gaspys result and didn't. Which is interesting. If I was town I'd reinforce any case I made, not just go "ehh that's enough".

:chaostrump: yuming has also done the single most scummiest thing in a game Ive played in recently and I'm surprised people are ignoring it. She didn't like the meaning of her original post, so she tried to change it and play it down. This, while still saying I twisted those same words!

Yumings case is meta, merk thinks it's the bee's knees and they'll both die on that hill it seems.

Other thoughts:

:tinfoil: kashuno knee jerking when he thought I was implying he was buddying up together with yuming was funny. He really didn't seem too happy about it. Not a real case, but something I'd keep in mind for later if I was still around.

:tinfoil: TNL lurking the hell out of the game and then comes in with a meta read on me from the only game I can remember playing with them and doesn't mention gaspys result.

:tinfoil: AA has actually misrepresented what I said in Mason chat. I never said I thought gaspy was scummy. I never used those words, what I said was gaspy changing gears on me and has been saying all the right things to not make me suss. So predictably that has made me begin to be increasingly suss on him. That's not the same as saying I see him as scum.

:tinfoil: kB really pings me as playing similar to the Yu-Gi-Oh game, but that's just meta so I'd never use that as a justification for a case or a vote. Just something I'd keep an eye on.

:tinfoil: arbitraryC just did that whole post summary thing in a game he was scum in. I don't remember if he did it in the recent Town of Salem game or not so that's just an observation, and is still a null tell.

:tinfoil: so back onto gaspy. What I was saying to aa, incase he is town, was pointing out that gaspy was avoiding raising my suspicions and that is suspicious in it self, to me anyway because we have a long history of mafia games together. So in the absence of reason for suspicion, I was getting suspicious.

Also for someone who has a result, even if they legitimately don't trust it anymore they're awfully quiet. Considering the implications of my eventual town flip if gaspy were scum I would think that he would be doing more to prepare for that.

:tinfoil: finally lumpen. I don't know what to think. He was misreading bad on day one which is why I pushed him hard. he then completely turned his gameplay around today and I really like what I've seen. if he is scum good on him, he has a good technique to approach casing which is hard to do as scum.

Anyway

I'm surprised that evidence and proof can be demanded of me, which I have provided every time, but others players can misrepresent, twist, ignore and in some cases want to rewrite history, and they get a free pass.

If you aren't scum I'll certainly take another look at your list. You didn't mention TM, thoughts?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Um I've not read TM honestly, sorry I've been distracted which is my bad.

I don't know if I'll have much time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Uh gently caress.

No one is gonna believe me, but AA just told me he's scum in Mason chat.

I asked if he was joking, because as it is people are going to be suspicious of the last member of an unconfirmed masonry when the other two members have both flipped town.

He said that he's godfather so he will be okay.

:psyduck:

Town should never lie so that's why I'm telling everyone.

Town should never lie means AA is telling me the truth, but now I'm super paranoid that him telling me this means he's confident somehow that my flip won't add weight to this claim. :psypop:

I can't do anything about that at this stage now though except to say bring on my lynch.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

Uh gently caress.

I asked if he was joking, because as it is people are going to be suspicious of the last member of an unconfirmed masonry when the other two members have both flipped town.

Town should never lie means AA is telling me the truth, but now I'm super paranoid that him telling me this means he's confident somehow that my flip won't add weight to this claim. :psypop:

I can't do anything about that at this stage now though except to say bring on my lynch.

oooooh myyyyyy goooooooood

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

Uh gently caress.

Hey, if you're town. Seriously RIP man, that sucks. AA want to talk about this so Town has something on Paper about this claim?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Im really exhausted too, the most townie thing I can do right now is push for clarity : ##vote hambeet

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

hambeet posted:

Uh gently caress.

What

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Like is it even possible someone would be able to force AA to say that through roles or such in mason chat? Why would he say that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I never mind getting lynched and if theyve played a deliberate strategy to get this outcome good on them. It'll come clear at end game anyway and I'll take apologies in the form of hand written letter or PayPal donation. :v:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

just lmao if that's not a joke and AA is taunting you in masonchat

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mr. Humalong posted:

just lmao if that's not a joke and AA is taunting you in masonchat

Maybe beet is scum and he's hoping that making this ludicrous last minute fake claim will make everyone assume AA is town?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Beet! :allears:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maybe last second Beet is bussing AA for no reason even though there never was a lot of suspicion on him. Very strange play if so.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

Like is it even possible someone would be able to force AA to say that through roles or such in mason chat? Why would he say that.

I don't know, so my thought process is he knows I'll post it in thread ( he actually told me to do so) he knows I'll flip town and it'll mean he's next. He says he's godfather so cop actions won't work, but that doesn't stop lynch.

Unless he's trying to

a) bait town power roles deliberately for night actions
b) can interfere with my flip somehow
c) something else

I dunno which of those or what anything other could be, and now I'm going into a meeting I cant really participate for a few hours.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Mr. Humalong posted:

These posts are real bad now that I reread them. Lot of handwringing and "oh heavens I can't decide" type stuff which yeah we all do it but at a certain point you have to pick one and vote. Not voting at all is scummy and you already failed to vote for a single person day 1.

Sorry, between ham and Lumpen turbo posting constantly it's hard to get a read that feels more useful for town then "yeah I agree with someone who is posting a whole lot and might be posting a lot because they're scum lol". Sorry but D2 sucks and having to catch up on 200 posts Everytime I open the thread actively discourages me from engaging in a reasonable number of posts imo, without looking super scummy because "ah! You made no observations of your own!!!! You just sided with <three people who have 150+ posts and have thus responded to every post in the thread>". Which is an argument that has been raised many times on day two.

I sat on this post for a while but I intent to vote ham but I'm phone posting so I'm gonna send this and then read whatever 30 posts I missed and send my vote in (I only want to hammer when I KNOW I'm the one hammering)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

Maybe beet is scum and he's hoping that making this ludicrous last minute fake claim will make everyone assume AA is town?

Nah.

Even If my flip is interfered with it'll come clean at end game. I literally can do nothing else about this.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

hambeet posted:

Uh gently caress.

Oh honey...
##votw hambeet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I actually hope it's that because that'll be very interesting to watch

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

It was a gambit to see how he would act. Knowing town would look at it incredulously he would have to take the risk.

I taunted him because if he was scum he'd know I was lying and just go for plausible defenses in thread, and I figured it would be much more likely that a town beet would claim.

##vote Lumpen

Doesnt clear this guy imo. Would vote merk. I think I buy yuming as genuine.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Ham if ur actually town I legit will feel super bad but wow I.... Wow... I was trying so hard not to vote you... And then.. this??? Please :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##unvote

Aaarthhhhhhhdhhshssbjshwlxbzkgdkgzkvxlvzkfzlvxkv,MV🤩☺️😙😘☺️😘☺️😍☺️😍☺️😘😋 by kfzlgxlyzkgclhxog

• Locked thread