Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

No you're not my dad.

##vote somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lol

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

No you're not my dad.

Just to point out

I asked somber the same thing here:

Moatillata posted:

Gonna say YPM looks fine

Somber looks weird

AA looks p much his normal self here

As such, Bifs vote feels off to me

##vote bif

Would also vote somber out of this exchange

I wanna hear more about what you think you saw somber

And he blew me off as well, only didn't even respond.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Podima posted:

Looking at this after the fact justification:

Please show me the AI posts you were thinking of when you said this:

There aren’t any :ssh:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

I missed you Moat, but I'm glad to see you must have been on some amazing drugs while you were gone

Lie detected as false

I have been training in a special mafia enhancement chamber with 100x gravity which has given me the ability to constantly crack my phone while trying to type on it

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
That is to say bifs scumminess can hold off for now

##vote somber

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

I get where YPM is coming from now, but honestly I just wasn't reading that closely. It's a fair point and I get now why it looked like I was faking content.

That's a weird non-sequitur post.

No comment on anything that's happened?

This is also deflection. ##vote somber

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (3): Bifauxnen, Moatillata, Podima
Mr. Humalong (3): b-minus1, Tommunist, Tommunist, Tommunist, Your Personal Muse
b-minus1 (1): Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, Moatillata
Podima (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Bifauxnen (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Tommunist (0): Podima, Podima
Your Personal Muse (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (7): AnAnonymousIdiot, Anomalous Amalgam, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, Natural 20, peramene, Somberbrero

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 06th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I'm kinda new to this. Is this a scumtell?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Eat The Rich posted:

I'm kinda new to this. Is this a scumtell?

That is his standard response to any case or basically anything against him

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Podima posted:

This is also deflection. ##vote somber

Nah, we were all confused, don't buy that it was.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Tbf, it is a good response, but I thought it was an insinuating laugh.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

welp

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

B- apparently sounds like drunk me

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Natural 20 posted:

Nah, we were all confused, don't buy that it was.

Everyone but me I’m v. smart

I hope I didn’t scare off AAI. AAI you aren’t an idiot come an play

(cue AA voting me for buddying)

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

I hope I didn't scare off AAI. AAI you aren't an idiot come an play

Really? :unsmith:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

What do you think of Somber coming out of that whole ordeal

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

What do you think of Somber coming out of that whole ordeal

He's fine I'd guess, but I wish he'd stop bullying me. I'm getting the impression that he's remembering me from Awful Survivor, since that's the first time I've played with him in anything.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

He's fine I'd guess, but I wish he'd stop bullying me. I'm getting the impression that he's remembering me from Awful Survivor, since that's the first time I've played with him in anything.

What has Somber done to bully you?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

In this game I mean

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Well, nothing like now, but it seemed like he wanted you to continue questioning me.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Well I'm drunk and you all look like scum to me

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I drank pond scum

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
i still like my case of the dude who i voted for (whos name i can't remember) who pushes the dude i'm voting for before him without dropping a vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Eat The Rich posted:

Well I'm drunk and you all look like scum to me

It's alright shug', up for some tennis practice?

:wink:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Well, nothing like now, but it seemed like he wanted you to continue questioning me.

I mean, wouldn’t I be the bully in this situation?

Do you think Somb was acting in bad faith?

I legitimately will not vote you today and will try to divert the vote from you. I think there are better options today. If you are town, your best option is to answer truthfully so people can get an accurate read of the field.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I mean, wouldn't I be the bully in this situation?

Do you think Somb was acting in bad faith?

That's true. I got into a state that made me think I had to be aware of who's saying what about me.

If you are saying that Somb's being duplicidous, then I do that. It seemed like Somb saw something that he thought was off, but wanted someone else to explore that so that he wouldn't have to. I get the impression that not being upfront about what I'm thinking or feeling is going to be viewed as off.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m actually not saying anything about Somber. I’m asking you.

I don’t believe what you are saying. I think you are telling me what you think I want to hear.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Moatillata posted:

Sometimes you just gotta laugh 😂

But for real I’m still waiting for etr to contribute (and yes I’m aware I haven’t done much excep agree with others at this point).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

Sometimes you just gotta laugh 😂

But for real I’m still waiting for etr to contribute (and yes I’m aware I haven’t done much excep agree with others at this point).

I'm also wondering where pera's got to, she hasn't shown up to do anything more besides the setup spec.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

the bit about bullying I could see as a joke, but YPM was also responding to the bit about "I see your point".

And YPM was responding to Somber agreeing with him by saying he saw a point, to then pressure Somber about what the hell point he saw, so how is that supposed to be YPM responding weird to Somber's pressure? What pressure are you even talking about?

##vote AA

:hmmyes: but also AA does this kind of nonsense literally every game.

I don’t know if I buy Somber’s explanation. He said he saw the same thing as me. He then said that he thought the response was coy, which would mean there is nothing in the original post that Somber saw. But I declared my desire for murder right after Anon’s initial post, and anyone who would have been reading anything into me would have thought I saw something in the original post, not any response. I probably didn’t explain that clearly but whatever.

A good summation of why Somber’s response makes no sense. Also I have zero problem with YPM manufacturing content with the farcical push on AI, it got us out of jokephase and he’s following the thread just fine. Town.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

What has happened? AA does this at least three times a game, and it seems like a bunch of non-content overall. Bif had a weird response to it, but not much I can do with that until she comes back.

What was weird about Bif’s response and why does she need to be present for you to address it? Her reaction seemed pretty typical in response to AA going off the reservation.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

What was weird about Bif’s response and why does she need to be present for you to address it? Her reaction seemed pretty typical in response to AA going off the reservation.

I wanted more from her in light of AA realizing he was confused about things. I got that from her, so I’m good.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Can you please point to the post that made you think this? I’m confused as to how you came to this conclusion.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ehh overall I’m still feeling Somber with Humalong as a backup. YPM and Bif are townie, others are up in the air right now from my phone-reread. Agree that there are some people who need to plunk down actual reads over the rest of D1 though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

:hmmyes: but also AA does this kind of nonsense literally every game.

I know that all too well, but he still needs a kick in the butt to get him to start making sense and explaining himself.

It really surprised me that Moat and Hum had a problem with me voting AA when I was poking at something especially strange. If they think I'm scum after an easy target that's one thing, but they both just vaguely called it "weird". I think Hum looks worse outta those two though, since he seems to just be weakly tagging along after Moat broke the ice on trying to push me.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I wanted more from her in light of AA realizing he was confused about things. I got that from her, so I’m good.

and now he's backing off when it doesn't seem to be getting traction... I'm not sure what all I really did that was any less weird all of a sudden?

I'd vote Hum here but there's others already on his case, I wanna make sure Somber doesn't just blow off all the questions headed his way.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok lol I went back to check all my posts since I voted AA to see what must have given Hum this change of heart. Since the AA vote, I:

- reiterated how AA makes no sense, along with a disparaging remark about Moat who dared to vote me

- said how AA sounds more reasonable now after he got my vote on him

- random comment grumbling about AA and AI that didn't have any casing or anything

- me bugging Hum to explain how he thinks I'm ao weird

- voting Somber with no other comment, in reply to his refusal to answer questions

- brief comments on B- sounding like drunk me, and on pera for lurking

Hardly anything that I would consider an appropriate amount of "more" to satisfy Hum, if he honestly thought my vote on AA was suspiciously weird

ok gently caress waiting for Somber

##vote Hum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I thought you throwing a vote down on AA when AA was doing the exact same thing he always does was a touch aggressive. I forgot that you’re always insanely aggressive. There are still multiple people in this game that have yet to post anything beyond a couple one word posts, maybe hear from them (or they never post and they’re lurker scum that’s a possibility) before we start calling scum teams. Still 24 hours left before end of day.

Day 1 is really annoying because it’s this huge jokephase and then suddenly everyone decides it’s not and if you don’t create a case out of thin air you’re scum.

On top of that, I can’t post about the only lead I have (somber) because then I’m “tagging along” or trying to bus my scum partner :rolleyes:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I could also post about YPM seeming confused why AAI thought he was begging for attention when YPM made six or seven posts explicitly stating “I want you dead” directed at AAI. I thought that was pretty weird, but I also knew it was jokephase so I left it alone.

I can see now with the players in this game enjoying jokephase was a huge mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

ok lol I went back to check all my posts since I voted AA to see what must have given Hum this change of heart. Since the AA vote, I:

- reiterated how AA makes no sense, along with a disparaging remark about Moat who dared to vote me

- random comment grumbling about AA and AI that didn't have any casing or anything

- me bugging Hum to explain how he thinks I'm ao weird

- voting Somber with no other comment, in reply to his refusal to answer questions

- brief comments on B- sounding like drunk me, and on pera for lurking

Hardly anything that I would consider an appropriate amount of "more" to satisfy Hum, if he honestly thought my vote on AA was suspiciously weird

ok gently caress waiting for Somber

##vote Hum

That’s the problem, you’ve created your case

Bifauxnen posted:

So your entire case against me is predicated on you believing you are such a fearsome mafia player that you made AA scared because he had a single vote on him?

• Locked thread