Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

SpazmasterX posted:

Edit2: already past $525k as well, next is six more Z putties at $545k which is alright but kind of a weak stretch goal at this point imo

It just passed the $545k goal a few minutes ago. They haven't updated yet to show the next goal, but I figure one of the next two will be 6 more Mastodon troopers to round out the extra foot soldiers.

This is the first thing I've ever Kickstarted, been on the fence for a few games here and there but I just couldn't pass up something Power Rangers related. It's been pretty cool seeing how this sort of thing works, and the folks at Renegade have an awesome social media team that really interact with the fans/backers, and they've said multiple times that they're listening to the feedback and suggestions. I'm still holding out hope for Ivan Ooze at this point, they've said it's on the table and they know people want him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

It just passed the $545k goal a few minutes ago. They haven't updated yet to show the next goal, but I figure one of the next two will be 6 more Mastodon troopers to round out the extra foot soldiers.

This is the first thing I've ever Kickstarted, been on the fence for a few games here and there but I just couldn't pass up something Power Rangers related. It's been pretty cool seeing how this sort of thing works, and the folks at Renegade have an awesome social media team that really interact with the fans/backers, and they've said multiple times that they're listening to the feedback and suggestions. I'm still holding out hope for Ivan Ooze at this point, they've said it's on the table and they know people want him.

Their team is really nice. The lead designer was at PMC and was observing the demo tables and listening to feedback and suggestions from the fans. I am really optimistic about the game itself based on what I played. The miniatures and game boards are as advertised. It all seems really well executed.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
New stretch goal is Eye Guy at $570k!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
They've been hinting that the next stretch goal before Lauren will be Rocky, Kat, Adam, and Aisha. Whether it's just cards or brand new figures remains to be seen.

Edit: And our suspicions we're true. $585k for cards representing those four with new unique abilities to set them apart from the originals.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 5, 2018

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Aaaaand the Kickstarter is over (more or less). Lauren was the final stretch goal and the $600k mark has been passed. All that's left is the wait for the final total.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SpazmasterX posted:

Aaaaand the Kickstarter is over (more or less). Lauren was the final stretch goal and the $600k mark has been passed. All that's left is the wait for the final total.

Glad they made it that far, but couldn't justify that much for a giant board game I wouldn't play. (I have enough of those already, thanks.)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, nobody dies whatsoever.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, Billy gets sent away on a bus.

The ending on this is incredible. Great work LW.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kat is kind of ridiculously pretty in this episode

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Note: Gasket died on the way back to his home planet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blaze Dragon posted:

Note: Gasket died on the way back to his home planet.

They shoulda fished his suit outta the LA garbage dump for forever red, would make more sense than the beetleborgs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

These look fuckin great

https://twitter.com/shadowpiper/status/1038173548919939073?s=19

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I want a few dozen triceratops coins to pin all over my jacket and forge of them mighty armour.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Those coins are 21mm in diameter. You're going to need far more than a few dozen. :v:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Make a dragon shield out of them.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
No please don't remind me of that body horror Freddy Kreugeresque 6th Ranger Legendary Powers mode from Super Megaforce :puke:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, an awful finale.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That insert song is perfect; thanks for Shape Force, looking forward to Car Wars.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looking forward to Operation Regular Drive

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh come on, you can't say everyone growing giant isn't cool as hell, and Rita and Zedd's contribution was hilarious. It's a fine finale, especially when you fully know that not only is the series continuing, but it also only gets worse from now on!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
When the Turbo movie came out, I remember hating Justin and I was 7 years old. Just like when Star Wars came out, I hated young Skywalker too even though I was right in that "Target Audience"

I don't know what was up in the late 90's/early 00's era where every studio decided "Do you know what kids want? It's kids!" as if placing one kid in a group of teenagers wasn't the most grating thing in the world. Big Bad Beatle Borgs was good tho, since it was all kids and not one kid trying to fit in with people 8 years older

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The child character is nothing new, though. Like, Battlestar Galactica had Boxy, and that was over 15 years earlier or something. It's always been the lazy way to try to get little kids into something. It's just completely inexplicable in a property which is already massively popular with kids.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Jokes aside I'm glad people nowadays realize that Justin's actor did a fine job, and the issues with his character weren't his fault.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

I feel like it's getting like a repetitive compliment, but god drat you've nailed the ending again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It would suck to be Blake Foster in that set. When I was his age I was getting hardcore crushes on older girls, growing up every day surrounded by Katherine Sutherland, Nakia Burrisse, Ashley Cruz and Patricia Lee would be torture.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

It would suck to be Blake Foster in that set. When I was his age I was getting hardcore crushes on older girls, growing up every day surrounded by Katherine Sutherland, Nakia Burrisse, Ashley Cruz and Patricia Lee would be torture.

To say nothing for the confusing feelings he'd get looking at Selwyn Ward.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

I've thought about this exact same thing far too much. Imagine your brain and body deciding which of the incredibly beautiful and unobtainable women you're hopelessly in love with, every day.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Looking forward to Power Rangers: Fury Road.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Power Rangers: Kung-fu Kitties

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
SPEED DRIFTERS: BOMB PATROL

VvV Zordfights are rad because the perspective tricks work ok on a boxy robot thing.

Not so good on regular suit actors that your brain is very good at scaling.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 11, 2018

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh come on, you can't say everyone growing giant isn't cool as hell, and Rita and Zedd's contribution was hilarious. It's a fine finale, especially when you fully know that not only is the series continuing, but it also only gets worse from now on!

Everyone giant wasn't cool as hell, because it was the same fight I'd seen a thousand times except with some forced perspective and no weapons.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Looking forward to Power Rangers: Fury Road.

Power Rangers: The Fast and The Furious (but mostly just Furious)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But that was the first time the rangers actually fought Mondo person to person

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

But that was the first time the rangers actually fought Mondo person to person

Yeah, but King Mondo's so bulky he basically has one move, which is swinging his staff.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah, but King Mondo's so bulky he basically has one move, which is swinging his staff.
Everything is CGI Enhanced now so he'd have some transformers Second Final Mode where his shell opens up and it's a buff as gently caress Killmachine with gigaton cannons and laser abs and poo poo.

After being defeated, the Queen rescues him and they turn into Mondo Machina, an Akira-like abomination that wants to absorb all the machine empire for maximum machine dominance and the remaining Royalty Bots aid the rangers to bring then down.

This all happens in the last 4 minutes of the series, btw.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
So... why/how did the Ohrangers get big, then?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Caphi posted:

So... why/how did the Ohrangers get big, then?

They did not. The sentai counterpart of King Mondo was dead at this point.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The Zord fight in the last episode was the true final battle.

Zedd’s gift to Mondo was some incredible use of the “beheaded” Sprocket and Mondo props, though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

They did not. The sentai counterpart of King Mondo was dead at this point.

Yeah, the final episode of Zeo was 100% Americian footage. In Ohranger, Mondo died and stayed dead back when the Super Zeo Megazord debuted. The actual final battle of that series (the Megazord fight against Gasket and Archerina) was used in the previous episode, and they both were destroyed in the Sentai version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Walk of Life Project gets another great addition.