Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I hate the Awful app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anyway my alarm goes off in six hours I’m going to sleep.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

That’s the problem, you’ve created your case

So your entire case against me is predicated on you believing you are such a fearsome mafia player that you made AA scared because he had a single vote on him?

uh no

it's that YOU got scared

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

if you find it laughable that AA should back down in fear from that one vote on him, then that just goes to show how weak my content was following my AA vote! Why did you suddenly think my posting was good and that you were satisfied as "seeing more from me" then?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

I could also post about YPM seeming confused why AAI thought he was begging for attention when YPM made six or seven posts explicitly stating “I want you dead” directed at AAI. I thought that was pretty weird, but I also knew it was jokephase so I left it alone.

I can see now with the players in this game enjoying jokephase was a huge mistake.

When did this even happen? Where did AAI say I was begging for attention?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Hunt scum hunt mr scumalong

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

I'm actually not saying anything about Somber. I'm asking you.

I don't believe what you are saying. I think you are telling me what you think I want to hear.

I think that I need to think very carefully and look at the post history if I want to survive. I think I need to give as thoughtful an answer as I can, for being concise, or letting things go, in my experience has not been good enough.

Which reminds me...

Podima posted:

Can you please point to the post that made you think this? I’m confused as to how you came to this conclusion.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867186&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post487657525

I... overreacted to that. Last mafia game I play where I got vigged for being off about my posts.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
AAI, my read of you is that you are a newbie who is just try to get through day 1 because you want to play. Because of this, you aren’t giving real reads. It’s alignment neutral. Just post my dude no one is good at mafia

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was just goofing when I responded to Pod earlier, I didn't have time to respond in earnest and I thought it was funny.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

That deserves an explanation. If only cause it sounds like a fantastic story.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Hang on, i mean no disrespect.

:ohdear:

It just sounded interesting and that it actually happened.

i feel like we're really beating this up, but these two posts stuck out to me. the first sounded awkward and seemed to be almost purposefully diversionary, in a 'let's share stories because we're all such good friends instead of playing mafia' sort of way.

the second seemed to be taking ypm too seriously too quickly.

obviously i didn't convey any of that information well. also, i have a weird false memory of playing mafia with Anon, I don't know what that's about. Maybe I'm conflating him with one of the other people with a long A word as part of their user name. Anon, I'm super sorry I didn't remember you from Survivor. I've buried my memories of that time in a hole and then filled the hole with bourbon.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
the only way to win mafia is to not play and yet still be a well-known name

my gaysonry friend does not appear to have cared for my stating we are in a gaysonry but they good by me, i do not believe they are wicked scum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Speaking of bourbon I forgot to vote. I actually wanted to vote binus or maybe tommunist

Mr. Humalong posted:

On top of that, I can’t post about the only lead I have (somber) because then I’m “tagging along” or trying to bus my scum partner :rolleyes:

but this is really scummy. I should actually have some time to play and make a decision tomorrow.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Its almost like hes scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Tommunist posted:

Its almost like hes scum

Makes u think

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Ye it really does

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok to try and clarify my case on Humalong while we're waiting here, this is the rundown:

I complain about AA's posts not making sense and drop a vote.

Moat thinks it's "off" and votes me. (sorry Moat, I just noticed it was AA himself who first called me "being weird about it", not you. I do find this to be an important distinction because 1. who could actually find me voting AA more weird than that whole debacle, and 2. "off" implies more like you're wary of some dubious intent, instead of just throwing generic shade around like "that's weeeiiird")

Hum echoes that my response is weird, doesn't bother voting me though, says he's gotta wait and see, etc, basically a much wishy-washier version of Moat.

After I wake up I only make a few posts on the AA topic before Hum weighs in again. But they're nothing that extrapolates or develops my case at all, it's mostly just scoffing at Moat and Hum really

As soon as Pod starts trying to press him on it though:

Podima posted:

What was weird about Bif’s response and why does she need to be present for you to address it? Her reaction seemed pretty typical in response to AA going off the reservation.

It turns out that somehow, my few scant posts managed to convince Hum that I was all good now, so he didn't need to bother explaining what was weird at all:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I wanted more from her in light of AA realizing he was confused about things. I got that from her, so I’m good.

I look back at my post history wondering what I had even posted "in light of AA realizing he was confused about things", cause I sure didn't remember anything notable, turns out it was pretty much nothing so I vote Hum for bullshit

Hum acts like this case on him is somehow dependent on my opinion of myself or AA, I don't even know how this is supposed to logically follow:

Mr. Humalong posted:

That’s the problem, you’ve created your case

So your entire case against me is predicated on you believing you are such a fearsome mafia player that you made AA scared because he had a single vote on him?

I hope it now makes more sense.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Part of me thinks that Humalong's behaviour is weird, but another part knows that's often consistent with my perception of his play..

##vote Humalong

I feel like even if this is wrong the information generated is good.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the word "weird" is losing all meaning for me now

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

the word "weird" is losing all meaning for me now

You're weird.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I feel like even if this is wrong the information generated is good.

sounding a bit hedgy there Nat, you aren't trying to Jafar someone again are you? :sun:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

sounding a bit hedgy there Nat, you aren't trying to Jafar someone again are you? :sun:

I hedge everything. Hedging is good.

As are hedges which provide safe spaces for animals to live in.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I'm not intoxicated or phone posting (or drunk phone posting) at the current second.

My argument for Mr Scumalong basically comes down to what other people have noted.

Mr. Humalong posted:

On top of that, I can’t post about the only lead I have (somber) because then I’m “tagging along” or trying to bus my scum partner :rolleyes:

in his own words.

Hes just tagging along putting slight doubt/pressure on people without dropping a vote or actually committing to it .

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

also lol @ Not actually posting your stuff

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

i would honestly also vote podima because hes a nerd

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
if bif and nat are in a loving masonry

again

whether or not they're on the same ...side? ALIGNMENT whether or not they're on the same alignment

I'm going to vomit glitter

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Speaking of bourbon I forgot to vote. I actually wanted to vote binus or maybe tommunist

but this is really scummy. I should actually have some time to play and make a decision tomorrow.

Kind of a strange post because you certainly could have voted any of these people when you made this post and then changed your mind later, voting is not a one-time decision.

That being said that is definitely a bad post by humalong, very defensive and self-conscious

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tommunist posted:

i would honestly also vote podima because hes a nerd

Yeah this is a forum only for cool jocks, let's get him out of here

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
To add on to everyone, Hum refused to get involved with the somber thing, pointedly so. It read like someone who didn’t want to make any calls that would confirm someone. In addition, Hum’s reaction to my vote was a classic example of scum shade throwing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

I hate the Awful app.

Use the something awful app named 'Something' if you're on android, heck it might be iOS too.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
longest prom ever

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

I'm not intoxicated or phone posting (or drunk phone posting) at the current second.

My argument for Mr Scumalong basically comes down to what other people have noted.

in his own words.

Hes just tagging along putting slight doubt/pressure on people without dropping a vote or actually committing to it .

this seems opportunistic, and I think people hopping on hum for that post are honestly grasping at straws.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

lol sorry bud. im still riding around a two month town streak (as well as a two month winless streak :()

or if you're just doing a jokephase thing, then i might as well ##vote mr. scumalong

Jokephase omgus. Neutral.

BUT he's made several posts since that don't actually look for scum or expound upon the case developing on Hum. I don't think it looks good Bee man.

Initial vote. curious.

Humalong is trying to avoid making connections this early so that when he flips scum we have less to go on hth

This was reaction to a somb quote that I found curious. Their entire interaction thus far with the whole joke/not joke thing is really pinging me. I think this is scummy.

The only thing to YPMs credit in the exchange with hum is that hum misrepresented what YPM said.

AI says:

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I gotta say Muse made me pay attention to him. I've not had a good track record in my first few games so far, and I'd like to survive the first round.

You can trust me to overreact to things happening, and trying to hide it in an improv linda was. I lose the mood something and I'd head for me to tell what's a joke. I'm very dry.

YPM says:

What do you mean made you pay attention to me? And I assumed you were joking when you said that you didn't mean to be disrespectful. What did you think was disrespectful?

Hum says:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I could also post about YPM seeming confused why AAI thought he was begging for attention when YPM made six or seven posts explicitly stating “I want you dead” directed at AAI. I thought that was pretty weird, but I also knew it was jokephase so I left it alone.

I can see now with the players in this game enjoying jokephase was a huge mistake.

I feel like it could be interpreted as misinterpretation, but I also see much more a case for this to be one of YPM and Hum misunderstanding...

Bifauxnen posted:

ok lol I went back to check all my posts since I voted AA to see what must have given Hum this change of heart. Since the AA vote, I:

- reiterated how AA makes no sense, along with a disparaging remark about Moat who dared to vote me

- said how AA sounds more reasonable now after he got my vote on him

- random comment grumbling about AA and AI that didn't have any casing or anything

- me bugging Hum to explain how he thinks I'm ao weird

- voting Somber with no other comment, in reply to his refusal to answer questions

- brief comments on B- sounding like drunk me, and on pera for lurking

Hardly anything that I would consider an appropriate amount of "more" to satisfy Hum, if he honestly thought my vote on AA was suspiciously weird

ok gently caress waiting for Somber

##vote Hum

Can't refute this chain of events or how it read, BUT hum's subsequent response to this post was good.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I thought you throwing a vote down on AA when AA was doing the exact same thing he always does was a touch aggressive. I forgot that you’re always insanely aggressive. There are still multiple people in this game that have yet to post anything beyond a couple one word posts, maybe hear from them (or they never post and they’re lurker scum that’s a possibility) before we start calling scum teams. Still 24 hours left before end of day.

Day 1 is really annoying because it’s this huge jokephase and then suddenly everyone decides it’s not and if you don’t create a case out of thin air you’re scum.

A good and accurate meta assessment to explain his perception of the vote.

---

##vote Bee

his vote looks worst so far.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Would also vote Tomm. I briefly explained before the big post.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

this seems opportunistic, and I think people hopping on hum for that post are honestly grasping at straws.

agreed. i'm scared to unvote my humalong vote even though it was clearly made during jokephase.

you know what, f*ck it ##vote tommunist

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lmfao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
the preview reply is like kryptonite to me

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I knew AA would find a way to call me scum. I’m proud of you.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

:same:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I didn't find it so much as you showing it to me through your bad posts

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I didn't find it so much as you showing it to me through your bad posts

:colbert:

• Locked thread