Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

univbee posted:

Speaking of being disabled, the adaptive controller goes on sale today.

I have a PS4 and not an Xbox but I have to commend Microsoft for this and look forward to seeing some stories of people coming up with crazy setups for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derk
Sep 24, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

love that xbox controllers still suffer from stick drift in 2018 lmfao

every single one of my controllers have had it happen. i hate it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My controllers ok on the stick drift front but it's not exactly getting used daily or anything. It's always had what feels like loose sections of "panels" or whatever the plastic body parts are. I can move them around a little if I grip one side or the other harder than the other and you can see the gaps open and close and makes a creaky sound. Doesn't really affect anything but it feels cheap as gently caress. Probably because these controllers are in fact cheap as gently caress.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah i blame my controller not drifting noticeably on the lack of forza playing. i did a shitton of online racing and setting leaderboard times in forza games back on the 360 which is pretty drat hard on the sticks (especially setting leaderboard times holy poo poo). meanwhile i barely play forza 7 since it's poo poo, and never got huge into forza 6 since most goons just checked out of forza when 5 came out and lmao @ racing with randoms.

in fact the game i've spent the most time in on my xbox one is...world of tanks, at nearly a thousand hours. lmfao i am a loving moron.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Well a new controller is like AUD $55 but I guess you’re right. It seems like a lot of money to get headphones working. :argh:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

bigis posted:

Well a new controller is like AUD $55 but I guess you’re right. It seems like a lot of money to get headphones working. :argh:

I have the same old controller, it sucks lol. I haven't had any drift issues but the grip on the stick has worn down to virtually nothing since it's like 5 years old now so I'm probably due for a new one anyway.

Fortunately my speakers have an extendable input thing that I can plug my headphones into.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Remember Kinect voice commands? they’re back, in Alexa form

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09/06/xboxskillhelp/

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
McDonald's!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Our Google Home is way better at picking up voice commands than the Kinect and I wish it could do this

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Cool haven’t had voice commands since I got the One X. Mostly use it for pausing a video when the controller is powered off at the other end of the couch.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
How does downloading stuff on the xbone work? I queued up a bunch of games from game pass and left it on overnight but it turned itself off without finishing. Do I need to disable the idle shutdown?

derk
Sep 24, 2004

bigis posted:

How does downloading stuff on the xbone work? I queued up a bunch of games from game pass and left it on overnight but it turned itself off without finishing. Do I need to disable the idle shutdown?

are you using instant on power mode? do you have it set to shut storage off when powered off? i always shut my system off and it downloads.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The Xbox Thread: THERE'S NOTHING ON THIIIIS

https://twitter.com/rellBRODIE/status/1038086875267907585

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Paging Xbox Ambassador

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Imagine not looking up what games come out on what system before spending $500

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/cockadoodlederp/status/1037326895107461120

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hahah this is a hardcore burn.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah well Xbox owners just got Batman Arkham Asylum and City X enhanced to ... *checks notes* ... 1080p and 45fps?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIy0Sb0SvIw

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Yeah well Xbox owners just got Batman Arkham Asylum and City X enhanced to ... *checks notes* ... 1080p and 45fps?!

The world’s most powerful console.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s kinda crazy how bad and like 90s cgi looking those games look now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Empress Brosephine posted:

It’s kinda crazy how bad and like 90s cgi looking those games look now.

Were you in some sort of magical universe in the 90s where CGI was really good?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

90s cgi was god awful.

I'm curious to know just how many people own an X. Everytime I see one of these comparisons it's never favorable to it. I'm wondering if everyone doesn't give those enhancing patches more care because the user base is tiny.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Nice blantant console warrioring, jesus christ you guys are sadbrains still 5 years on

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

RBX posted:

90s cgi was god awful.

I'm curious to know just how many people own an X. Everytime I see one of these comparisons it's never favorable to it. I'm wondering if everyone doesn't give those enhancing patches more care because the user base is tiny.

The vast majority of X patches are really good. I mentioned that one because it's funny how bad it was.

And every new AAA game since X launch is X enhanced.

I'd say the ratio of good to bad patches is like 50:1.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 9, 2018

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Does PlayStation have any multiplayer games worth a gently caress yet

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Agoat posted:

Firewall Zero. It’s loving bonkers how immersive and terrifying they made the firefights. Although I don’t know if that counts as you need the vr headset.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Agoat posted:

Yes? It has all of the same multiplayer games as Xbox One and then some?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I turned on my Xboner yesterday and going into the Mixer tab it was just people streaming Spider-man on PS4. :rip:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Does the launch Xbone play UHD BD? It’s hard to search for Xbox one info without getting results about the x and s

Edit: Nevermind I guess it doesn’t, guess I’ll hold out for an S on sale

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 9, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Does the launch Xbone play UHD BD? It’s hard to search for Xbox one info without getting results about the x and s

No it launched too early

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Edit: Nevermind I guess it doesn’t, guess I’ll hold out for an S on sale

It doesn't. It also doesn't support HDR for games. The only "advantage" it has over the One S is that it has the Kinect port on the back, while on the S/X you need the USB adapter and an extra power outlet.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

RBX posted:

90s cgi was god awful.

I honestly don't know of any other bad X enhanced patches than Return to Arkham and Steep. Generally they are really good and polished.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I don't mean bad but I kinda expected more being that the X is allegedly so much more powerful than the Pro. I'm talking only about multiplats. I use my Xbox enough where an X would be beneficial to me but I can't justify it at all. Like Orgins was mostly the same between the two unless they made changes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It's not allegedly better, it's objectively way better and it shows in almost all games. If it doesn't it's because the devs hosed up, not because of the hardware.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im getting an X tomorrow because EBgames is offering it for $299AUD if you trade in an Xbone S + 2 games. I have an OG bone which makes it $339 but its still a decent deal considering you cant sell an OG bone here for more than $150.

all my games are on my external drive, do I just disconnect the drive, factory reset and then Im good?

is it better to have my games on my external disk or should I put them on the internal drive on the new console? my external disk is a 3.5" usb 3.0 2TB.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i still wish microsoft would make Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding backwards compatible for the xbox one.

I want to these these graphics in 4K!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Im not buying another xbox until they release some loving games for it

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Laserface posted:

Im getting an X tomorrow because EBgames is offering it for $299AUD if you trade in an Xbone S + 2 games. I have an OG bone which makes it $339 but its still a decent deal considering you cant sell an OG bone here for more than $150.

all my games are on my external drive, do I just disconnect the drive, factory reset and then Im good?

Yes. Also, just keep the games on the drive because the new Bonx will be able to use them as is (or it'll just download enhancement patches as needed).

quote:

is it better to have my games on my external disk or should I put them on the internal drive on the new console? my external disk is a 3.5" usb 3.0 2TB.

I don't think there's any considerable difference, assuming the external drive is 5400 rpm like the internal is. The traditional wisdom is that you get a slight advantage by not having the games on the same drive as the OS, so the external drive might be a bit faster.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Im not buying another xbox until they release some loving games for it

Forza Horizon 4 is out at the end of this month and Red Dead Redemption 2 is in October. Or did you mean games where you gently caress because I'm sure all the weird anime "She's really a 2000 year old demon" poo poo is on Playstation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Beastie posted:

Firewall Zero. It’s loving bonkers how immersive and terrifying they made the firefights. Although I don’t know if that counts as you need the vr headset.

VR is dope. I liked Pavlov on PC. I like Halo and Gears too but I feel like every other platform exclusive shooter either dies or is bad. (killzone sucks).

Also the Halo vr game sucks poo poo. I want to gently caress up the covenant, not shoot targets.

Nutsak posted:

Or did you mean games where you gently caress because I'm sure all the weird anime "She's really a 2000 year old demon" poo poo is on Playstation.

LOL