Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
what is the fail did i get the wrong PC or PC game or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[after thinking really hard] it had the wrong kind of ram

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
that's probably true. i remember it could play rollercoaster tycoon fine but sim theme park was all 3d instead of isometric and it just couldn't handle it for poo poo.

i think that's the PC i signed up for this forum on.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off posted:

[after thinking really hard] it had the wrong kind of ram

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lol. This was it

I need to play it again.

Looks awesome

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe it's because it seems like you talked poo poo about the awesome computer gift.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i didn't mean for it to come off that way. it was mostly a weird situation but yeah that was my first PC and it shaped who i am as a person and he was a very generous smack addict.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
even as a kid someone telling me i could have literally anything i wanted seemed suspicious and wrong. it was still cool though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That guys cool for stealing money and you suck

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hmm let’s see

He

-Does drugs discretely to experience the full sensory beauty of existence
-Steals money from the corporate masters to provide for his family
-Buys his lovely failnephew whatever he wants

You

-Don’t even bother reading the minimum required specs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I feel really bad for that guy when he got caught and was probably thinking "If only I spent that money on more heroin and not on a gaming rig for my ungrateful illiterate nephew"

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

breaking bad to fund a gaming pc upgrade ftmfw

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bolverkur posted:

breaking bad to fund a gaming pc upgrade ftmfw

finally saved enough for a video card.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

R. Guyovich posted:

finally saved enough for a video card.

lol

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

My parents refused to buy me video games or systems, so I combined birthday money from grandparents + relatives with what I had saved for a new Xbox and a copy of morrowind goty. The first thing I did was make a custom class called "proctologist" and then got killed by the first mudcrab I encountered.

I played that game so much as a kid that eventually every loading screen took a few minutes because I kept storing random crap in places everywhere. I'd also meticulously place all of my unsellable expensive gear in my balmora house in very ordered, precise stacks, but after a bit there was too much stuff not in boxes and the game would just randomly throw everything everywhere, so there were bows clipping out from behind walls, beds etc and my precious gear stacks and skull collection were ruined.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

albany academy posted:

My parents refused to buy me video games or systems, so I combined birthday money from grandparents + relatives with what I had saved for a new Xbox and a copy of morrowind goty. The first thing I did was make a custom class called "proctologist" and then got killed by the first mudcrab I encountered.

I played that game so much as a kid that eventually every loading screen took a few minutes because I kept storing random crap in places everywhere. I'd also meticulously place all of my unsellable expensive gear in my balmora house in very ordered, precise stacks, but after a bit there was too much stuff not in boxes and the game would just randomly throw everything everywhere, so there were bows clipping out from behind walls, beds etc and my precious gear stacks and skull collection were ruined.
Good first game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
my parents wouldnt let me have video games, so i bought a xbox and crushed them with it

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

my parents wouldnt let me have video games, so i bought a xbox and crushed them with it

oh. because it's so big.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
my dad came back from a golf trip to florida and was super excited that he had found a game boy for really cheap (and no sales tax), so when my mom and 5 year old me went to pick him up at the airport, she told me he had a surprise for me

it wasn't a game boy, just the super mario land cartridge, he didn't realize the system was sold separately

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I had only ever had cartridge consoles before so when my folks got me a PS2 the noobs didn’t know you also had to buy a memory card which the console didn’t come with leading to me leaving the system running for 4 days so I didn’t lose my Legend of Dragoon progress

I wonder how many of those early motor failures the PSX was plagued by were caused by people just leaving the console running for days because they didn't get a memory card. Weren't they expensive, too?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Good first game

imagine getting an elder scrolls as your first game and just thinking every game is like that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ps1 memory cards were like $30 for 1mb like some of the most expensive data storage ever sold in stores lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Parents not letting their kids play games at all is child abuse

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

imagine getting an elder scrolls as your first game and just thinking every game is like that

That + bundled halo really set the bar way too high.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I only had action games on the NES, platformers and shooters and the like, so the first time a friend rented Final Fantasy III for their Super Nintendo it blew my mind. I had no idea video games could do that when I was 6. I hadn't ever heard of an RPG.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
When I was very young, I couldn't say what age maybe like 7, me and my dad were at a park near my grandmothers house. I remember it was autumn and the leaves were just changing colors. Anyways I was digging around in the sand and I saw this weird purple thing sticking out of the ground so I dug it out and it was a friggin purple translucent gameboy color. I remember feeling torn because while my parents really didn't like spending money on games and I would have been hard pressed to convince them to get me one, the kid it originally belonged to was probably devastated. My dad managed to convince me it was okay and that it was a buried treasure that I found or something lol. He spent a long time getting all of the sand out of it because it didn't work at first and bought me a game for it, which was this weird card-based RPG game that I remember being really difficult and cryptic. I've tried searching up what game it was but to this day I haven't been able to find it. Anyways I still have that gameboy. Not really a traditional gift of game but I feel like it belongs. Pour one out for all of the lost handhelds out there

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Mr. Sophistication posted:

When I was very young, I couldn't say what age maybe like 7, me and my dad were at a park near my grandmothers house. I remember it was autumn and the leaves were just changing colors. Anyways I was digging around in the sand and I saw this weird purple thing sticking out of the ground so I dug it out and it was a friggin purple translucent gameboy color. I remember feeling torn because while my parents really didn't like spending money on games and I would have been hard pressed to convince them to get me one, the kid it originally belonged to was probably devastated. My dad managed to convince me it was okay and that it was a buried treasure that I found or something lol. He spent a long time getting all of the sand out of it because it didn't work at first and bought me a game for it, which was this weird card-based RPG game that I remember being really difficult and cryptic. I've tried searching up what game it was but to this day I haven't been able to find it. Anyways I still have that gameboy. Not really a traditional gift of game but I feel like it belongs. Pour one out for all of the lost handhelds out there

at least it went to a good home instead of winding up in the trash. your dad was very wise.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it was probably monster rancher or magi nation

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

it was probably monster rancher or magi nation

oh poo poo yeah it was magi nation. drat that was at the tip of my tongue for years

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Magi nation was the first one I thought of, couldn’t remember the name of it but I remember seeing ads for it in Nintendo Power

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I was a kid, I blew a load in your mom's pussy and she gave birth to an asian stoner 9 months later lmfao. gently caress you.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Wormskull posted:

When I was a kid, I blew a load in your mom's pussy and she gave birth to an asian stoner 9 months later lmfao. gently caress you.

this is anything but a gift

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1037873109787967488

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

PS4 stays winning. My av i paid 99 cents for is cooler though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Here it is: https://store.playstation.com/en-th/product/UP4478-CUSA01744_00-ASIA000000000068

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

You’re unwell.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

ol yeller posted:

this is anything but a gift

Lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A father and son, reunited by this thread. That's the gift of games.

• Locked thread