Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Just got home from a 12.5 hour shift. Y’all gonna have a lot of egg on your face if you hammer me before I can post something in like 10 minutes.

(That’s the queue for the actual scum to hammer me)

Hopefully you post tasteful nudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Only scum would write 12.5 instead of lying and rounding it to 13

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

Only scum would write 12.5 instead of lying and rounding it to 13

That would be time theft which is a crime and since I work in law enforcement committing crimes is not a thing I do.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

if you find it laughable that AA should back down in fear from that one vote on him, then that just goes to show how weak my content was following my AA vote! Why did you suddenly think my posting was good and that you were satisfied as "seeing more from me" then?

Bifauxnen posted:

It turns out that somehow, my few scant posts managed to convince Hum that I was all good now, so he didn't need to bother explaining what was weird at all:

Podima posted:

Just putting this all together for ease of reading. I'm still not getting it, out of these posts what did you get from Bif that answered your concerns?

Also, Bif asked you for a response to that earlier - why did you respond to me (within minutes) asking you the same thing but not her?

Mr. Humalong posted:

I thought you throwing a vote down on AA when AA was doing the exact same thing he always does was a touch aggressive. I forgot that you’re always insanely aggressive.

Any reason both of you missed this little bit from me multiple times? It should answer all your questions unless you're willfully ignoring it to push a narrative.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Why are we completely ignoring Tommunist and his white noise posting? Is he another one of those gimmick posters?

Tommunist posted:

I'm not intoxicated or phone posting (or drunk phone posting) at the current second.

My argument for Mr Scumalong basically comes down to what other people have noted.

in his own words.

Hes just tagging along putting slight doubt/pressure on people without dropping a vote or actually committing to it .

Then his very next post

Tommunist posted:

also lol @ Not actually posting your stuff

Dude literally calls himself out but everyone is too busy following the scum rush on me to bother casing anyone else. Lazy play from all of you except AA, honestly.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I did see that, and had two problems with it:.

1 - just remembering I'm aggressive and then changing your mind is totally different from seeing me post something that made you change your mind cause you got more from me

2 - you forgot I'm insanely aggressive? hahaha

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

man is this all, I was waiting for the usual D1 thing that always fuckin happens when the person who does the most scummyass stuff to get themselves lunched claims they're the cop

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

To add on to everyone, Hum refused to get involved with the somber thing, pointedly so. It read like someone who didn’t want to make any calls that would confirm someone. In addition, Hum’s reaction to my vote was a classic example of scum shade throwing.

This is also a terrible justification on your part. Didn't you just say you didn't want to pull any puppet master bullshit?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

man is this all, I was waiting for the usual D1 thing that always fuckin happens when the person who does the most scummyass stuff to get themselves lunched claims they're the cop

If you think I've done the scummiest stuff today then lol you're actually scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Also I hope the irony will not be lost on you when your team manages to get me lunched today.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Mr. Humalong posted:

Dude literally calls himself out but everyone is too busy following the scum rush on me to bother casing anyone else. Lazy play from all of you except AA, honestly.

This is slander

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I did see that, and had two problems with it:.

1 - just remembering I'm aggressive and then changing your mind is totally different from seeing me post something that made you change your mind cause you got more from me

2 - you forgot I'm insanely aggressive? hahaha

How are they different? I saw you post more and remembered your play style.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

forgot to ##vote tommunist

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Humalong (6): b-minus1, Tommunist, Tommunist, Tommunist, Your Personal Muse, Bifauxnen, Natural 20, b-minus1, peramene, Somberbrero
Tommunist (2): Podima, Podima, b-minus1, Mr. Humalong
Somberbrero (1): Bifauxnen, Moatillata, Podima, Bifauxnen, Podima
b-minus1 (1): Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, Moatillata, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong
peramene (1): Podima
Podima (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Bifauxnen (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Your Personal Muse (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (3): AnAnonymousIdiot, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 06th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 55 minutes.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is also a terrible justification on your part. Didn't you just say you didn't want to pull any puppet master bullshit?

Did I say I did something to specifically get that reaction from you? No I didn’t? Hmm, so this is the second time you’ve misrepresented something from me.

And that was in addition to everyone else’s points. I think Bif’s points are strongest against you and you definitely made up that whole “waiting for bif to say something” thing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

How are they different? I saw you post more and remembered your play style.

well it sure sounded like you were implying I'd done something in the meantime to change your mind. You also used that answer to dodge Pod's direct question of what made you think I was weird in the first place. This "oh I iust remembered she's aggressive" stuff seems more like backing off when everyone didn't just agree I was super weird.

And then when I brought up how little I'd posted about AA to change your mind, instead of correcting this misunderstanding you're claiming it is now, you went off on some total derail to mischaracterise my case on you:

Mr. Humalong posted:

So your entire case against me is predicated on you believing you are such a fearsome mafia player that you made AA scared because he had a single vote on him?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Did I say I did something to specifically get that reaction from you? No I didn’t? Hmm, so this is the second time you’ve misrepresented something from me.

And that was in addition to everyone else’s points. I think Bif’s points are strongest against you and you definitely made up that whole “waiting for bif to say something” thing.

What? Who is misrepresenting who here? You dropped a vote on me with zero justification or explanation, then when I commented about it I got "K" back. Hours later you claimed your vote got a "classic" response from me. Like, who wouldn't be baffled by a trash vote from someone with trash posts so far that game day?

Look if you're scum that's fine, this is how you win. I can't fault you for it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Not gonna vote humalong. Don’t think he’s scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

well it sure sounded like you were implying I'd done something in the meantime to change your mind. You also used that answer to dodge Pod's direct question of what made you think I was weird in the first place. This "oh I iust remembered she's aggressive" stuff seems more like backing off when everyone didn't just agree I was super weird.

And then when I brought up how little I'd posted about AA to change your mind, instead of correcting this misunderstanding you're claiming it is now, you went off on some total derail to mischaracterise my case on you:

Nah

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

What? Who is misrepresenting who here? You dropped a vote on me with zero justification or explanation, then when I commented about it I got "K" back. Hours later you claimed your vote got a "classic" response from me. Like, who wouldn't be baffled by a trash vote from someone with trash posts so far that game day?

Look if you're scum that's fine, this is how you win. I can't fault you for it.

You said I was puppet mastering. That would imply if was some gambit. It wasn’t. I dropped a vote for esoteric gut reasons and you reacted poorly.

And it would be the second time because you said I was confused because AAI said I was begging for attention which categorically never happened.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Not gonna vote humalong. Don’t think he’s scum.

Would you vote somber?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

You said I was puppet mastering. That would imply if was some gambit. It wasn’t. I dropped a vote for esoteric gut reasons and you reacted poorly.

And it would be the second time because you said I was confused because AAI said I was begging for attention which categorically never happened.

Begging for attention from him. It did happen, here is the quote:

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I gotta say Muse made me pay attention to him. I've not had a good track record in my first few games so far, and I'd like to survive the first round.

If your 8 posts all stating you wanted to kill AAI isn't begging for attention from the guy, then I don't even know at this point. You came in with insane pressure on someone you thought was new to the game (which is scummy in itself) and then tried to play it off as "aw shucks it was just me joshin around". The only thing you've done to save yourself is by keeping on AAI, because AAI has been real scummy about not giving any reads whatsoever.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

For further clarification, the esoteric gut reason was that you were avoiding the somber cluster to refrain from making detrimental connections if you flipped. That’s not really something I would go into since that wouldn’t be convincing to anyone else since it was mostly gut.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Nobody has even gently defended humalong over the last 24 hours, or tried to shift the momentum to another player. Actually it’s been a pretty quiet all day. And his posting seems sincere frustrated town pissed about dying d1 imo

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Nobody has even gently defended humalong over the last 24 hours, or tried to shift the momentum to another player. Actually it’s been a pretty quiet all day. And his posting seems sincere frustrated town pissed about dying d1 imo

I have a lovely role too so it's not like my surviving even means I get to do something cool before scum rush me day 2 again.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Would you vote somber?

I dunno I don’t have a read on him. Why him in particular

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Because he's the only other one the scum team has tried to make a push on today.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I agree this last minute posting feels more townie but earlier he was definitely posting in a scummier way

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Well because he’s the other person I haven’t like so far

I don’t have any opinion of Tommunist I guess I should look at him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Because he's the only other one the scum team has tried to make a push on today.

This is more like the earlier poo poo though

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

I could also post about YPM seeming confused why AAI thought he was begging for attention when YPM made six or seven posts explicitly stating “I want you dead” directed at AAI. I thought that was pretty weird, but I also knew it was jokephase so I left it alone.

I can see now with the players in this game enjoying jokephase was a huge mistake.

This was the post. You said AAI thought I was begging for attention. That’s different than you thinking I was begging for attention. And nothing I did demonstrated confusion, I was following it up.

Now you are changing your story. You keep throwing shade at me but never can pull the trigger and call me scum. Why is that?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree this last minute posting feels more townie but earlier he was definitely posting in a scummier way

I always post in a scummy way, I was molded into the mafia player I am by getting scum in like 4 straight games. This and Fifth Element broke the streak (of course my other streak seems to be dying super early as town).

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This was the post. You said AAI thought I was begging for attention. That’s different than you thinking I was begging for attention. And nothing I did demonstrated confusion, I was following it up.

Now you are changing your story. You keep throwing shade at me but never can pull the trigger and call me scum. Why is that?

Because I don't think you're scum. Just a bad town player (like me).

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

b-minus1 posted:

AA has defended by going after his persecutors.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also you said, and again I quote:

What do you mean made you pay attention to me?

That would be where I got the confusion feeling from.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hey I forgot deadline is tonight please bring me up to speed while I hide in the bathroom and play mafia

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You commend me for following up because AAI comes off as scummy, but characterize that follow up as “being confused”

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I always post in a scummy way, I was molded into the mafia player I am by getting scum in like 4 straight games. This and Fifth Element broke the streak (of course my other streak seems to be dying super early as town).

Who do you think is scum besides Tommunist and Bif?

Mr. Humalong (today) posted:

Because he's [Somber] the only other one the scum team has tried to make a push on today.

Mr. Humalong (last night) posted:

On top of that, I can’t post about the only lead I have (somber) because then I’m “tagging along” or trying to bus my scum partner :rolleyes:

What happened to your lead on Somber?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Humalong is my unconfirmed mason dunno if this helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Moatillata posted:

Humalong is my unconfirmed mason dunno if this helps

Has he talked much in it? Provided reads?

• Locked thread