Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Has he talked much in it? Provided reads?

Yeah

He said he liked my bif vote and commented that the best way to find her alignment is to push her and see

He also full claimed to me Has he expressed any opinions that match that or claimed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Who do you think is scum besides Tommunist and Bif?

What happened to your lead on Somber?

Nat, he's posted very little substantial content and all of that was white noise "hmm, maybe" type stuff. Really not what I'm used to from him.

And then of course I always assume the lurkers are scum so Eat the Rich.

My case on Somber revolves around him trying to deflect onto me at the first opportunity he got. It certainly worked! Also, votes like these:

Somberbrero posted:

i don't feel anything is changing before deadline, i should be here to switch my vote if needed. ##vote humalong

Always read scummy to me because nine times out of ten the poster is not around and town gets lunched for it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
He expressed worry about being turboed

And also expressed a desire to bring our platonic friendship to the next level

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Yeah

He said he liked my bif vote and commented that the best way to find her alignment is to push her and see

He also full claimed to me Has he expressed any opinions that match that or claimed?

I haven't seen him "pushing" her so that part is questionable.

That being said he said he had a "crappy power role" but you could just filter his posts and see?

Also did he mention his lead on Somber at all in masonchat?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Moatillata posted:

Yeah

I may have unintentionally breadcrumbed, but I'm not going to claim. They'll have to lunch me to find out how wrong they are.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

I haven't seen him "pushing" her so that part is questionable.

That being said he said he had a "crappy power role" but you could just filter his posts and see?

Also did he mention his lead on Somber at all in masonchat?

I expressed that Moat pushing on bif was a good call. Unfortunately bif deflected by calling Moat a drug addict.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Nothing at all about that

I told him his role was traditionally a scum role so that may have been why he isn't claiming it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Nat, he's posted very little substantial content and all of that was white noise "hmm, maybe" type stuff. Really not what I'm used to from him.

And then of course I always assume the lurkers are scum so Eat the Rich.

My case on Somber revolves around him trying to deflect onto me at the first opportunity he got. It certainly worked! Also, votes like these:

Always read scummy to me because nine times out of ten the poster is not around and town gets lunched for it.

Hmm.

Yeah you know what I'm cooling on Huma, I agree with Hal's post in that while he's got some scummy posting his reactions are feeling pretty townie.

Moving back to Somber since the pera thing is just me tinfoiling. ##vote Somberbrero Huma is right that (as I pointed out) Somber DID deflect (which, I will point out, Nat says isn't deflecting for some reason) and this is a pretty bad post:

Somberbrero posted:

i question your motivation in making this post because i don't get what it accomplishes. it looks a little like you're just scoring points since you ultimately agree with me.

i don't feel anything is changing before deadline, i should be here to switch my vote if needed. ##vote humalong

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I expressed that Moat pushing on bif was a good call. Unfortunately bif deflected by calling Moat a drug addict.

What I do on the weekends is not anyone's business

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Nothing at all about that

I told him his role was traditionally a scum role so that may have been why he isn't claiming it

Hmm!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I wasn't thrilled with the engagement in mason chat but honestly he could just be a busy guy

I mean I can't really judge too hard because I forgot deadline was tonight until just now

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I would switch to Somber, I agree with B that he sounds frustrated town in his defense.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I am also realizing that fullclaiming in an unconfirmed masonry was probably a bad idea but you live, you learn. FWIW I did not push for Moat's role or alignment, just answered questions from him/her.

Moatillata posted:

What I do on the weekends is not anyone's business

I'm not judging. I hope this doesn't prevent us from exploring our options.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'll try to catch up but it's kinda hard for me to do any kind of critical reading because 1700 - 1930 pst is incredibly hard for me as a professional mafia player

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I am also realizing that fullclaiming in an unconfirmed masonry was probably a bad idea but you live, you learn. FWIW I did not push for Moat's role or alignment, just answered questions from him/her.

This is true

He just answered my questions which is kinda a bad look since he should be trying to discern my alignment

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Huma give me a rundown of how you felt about Moat from his involvement in your masonry.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Moatillata posted:

This is true

He just answered my questions which is kinda a bad look since he should be trying to discern my alignment

I assumed it wasn't a scum gambit from you by asking if I'm scum. Could I be completely wrong? Yes. Would no one in the thread have any way of knowing you're scum if you had your team kill me n1? No.

I am not a good mafia player.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Huma give me a rundown of how you felt about Moat from his involvement in your masonry.

Kind of answered this just now unintentionally, but I didn't get a scum vibe at all. We haven't talked too much but like moat said, I'm usually busy. I was playing in another mafia game at the same time, I'm grinding keys in world of warcraft because new content just came out (don't ask, don't play, spare yourselves) and on top of that I work 8-16 hours 5 days a week.

If I live through today I'll probably bounce more reads off of him, he's (almost definitely) a much better player than me.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
He's new which is the one thing which is staying my blade hand atm

I think somber is a good choice or maybe bif bc that would p funny to lynch her d1

Altho I really do need to reread

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I expressed my opinion that I was not a fan of YPM's trump parody and moat let me know that he cannot in good conscience vote YPM day 1.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote Somber

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mr. Humalong posted:

If I live through today I'll probably bounce more reads off of him, he's (almost definitely) a much better player than me.

Lmao lynch him just for this

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I expressed my opinion that I was not a fan of YPM's trump parody and moat let me know that he cannot in good conscience vote YPM day 1.

Out of respect for our suicide mission

It is a sacred bond

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
What parody?!!? Who’s this trmup guy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Moatillata posted:

Lmao lynch him just for this

C'mere, let me finish this blowjob I'm giving you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

this sounds like just shifting around his justification again, he sure didn't say anything like that here in the thread about him just trying to poke me for reactions

and I gotta quote this post yet again:

Mr. Humalong posted:

So your entire case against me is predicated on you believing you are such a fearsome mafia player that you made AA scared because he had a single vote on him?

his first reaction to me actually casing him wasn't to clear up this huge misunderstanding of how he just remembered my playstyle and changed his mind, it was to defensively react to my case by trying to reframe it as something completely nonsensical.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Your Personal Muse posted:

What parody?!!? Who’s this trmup guy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah tommunist has posted nothing of worth, not sure he’s scummy but he wouldn’t be a loss at this point

Good for ##vote Somber for now though, he’s just not playing how I expect town Somber to play (like actually trying to find scum).

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I finally got a chance to catch up. There's a lot going on and I'm doing my best to make sense of all of it as a newish player. I'm gonna go ahead and reread everything again now. :downs:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm fine with voting Somber but come on how many times to I need to requote this poo poo

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Has somber gone on the record for any of this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm fine with voting Somber but come on how many times to I need to requote this poo poo

I’ve just moved to more unsure on humalong I haven’t forgotten the bad parts

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Has somber gone on the record for any of this

For what? All he’s done is claim to agree with a case that didn’t really exist, backpedal and then claim he might have reads later but only showed up to snipe at me

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’ve just moved to more unsure on humalong I haven’t forgotten the bad parts

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Pod you still around? You prefer somber or humalong

##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Incandenza posted:

For what? All he’s done is claim to agree with a case that didn’t really exist, backpedal and then claim he might have reads later but only showed up to snipe at me

Yeah that was bizarre. he also said he would vote me or tommunist. He didn’t like my “non sequitur post” but the tommunist part came out of nowhere imo. Idk what to think to be honest

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Humalong (5): b-minus1, Tommunist, Tommunist, Tommunist, Your Personal Muse, Bifauxnen, Natural 20, b-minus1, peramene, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse
Somberbrero (4): Bifauxnen, Moatillata, Podima, Bifauxnen, Podima, Podima, Your Personal Muse, Hal Incandenza
Tommunist (2): Podima, Podima, b-minus1, Mr. Humalong
b-minus1 (1): Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Bifauxnen, Moatillata, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong
Podima (0): Tommunist, Tommunist
Bifauxnen (0): Moatillata, Moatillata
peramene (0): Podima, Podima
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Your Personal Muse (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (2): AnAnonymousIdiot, Eat The Rich

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 06th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 49 minutes.

Also I think eat the rich and AAI need to vote someone right now

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote somber got another potential 16 hour day ahead of me tomorrow, so I'm going to bed. I'll check my phone in a few minutes or so to see if I've been lunched.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
##vote mr. humalong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
A twist

• Locked thread