Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I will be the guy in the gamestop line tonight picking this up instead of Spider-Man to throw off the rhythm of who ever is working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Poniard posted:

gamers rise up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-09gNDsPzQ

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that feeling when you go up against Blade Strangers and lose

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

This was the best jokedub but sadly it got taken off youtube.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

https://pastebin.com/9VNdaX1q BBTAG changes. The server is being jammed to poo poo so in case you can't access the arcys site here's the notes

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Really looking forward to how those Weiss buffs work out. Happy that there aren't any SIGNIFICANT nerfs; Ruby hit a bit but certainly still good.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I can't tell if the Yukiko buffs are going to help her enough or not yet.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Ultramega posted:

https://pastebin.com/9VNdaX1q BBTAG changes. The server is being jammed to poo poo so in case you can't access the arcys site here's the notes

this is overall really good and much better than the dbz patch, but I'm not sure why they felt the need to buff a ton of assists and then nerf hydes projectile (when that wasn't even his best assist) or why jin got more buffs than akihiko or labrys

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yang can armor through projectiles. That's a little too ridiculous

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Most importantly, can we turn off I BURN!!!!!!!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Nah In fact it should be selectable as a stage song. Yang just boosts the volume

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

So I got UNIST and after getting through like 30 or so of the 180ish (:wtc:) tutorials a few of my friends peer pressured me into a lobby. After seeing a match between two people who kind of knew what they were doing I managed to overcome my suspicions that the game and excessive amount of systems weren’t actually real and it wasn’t an elaborate troll my friends were playing on me and get through a bunch of tutorials and man this game is really nice. Pressing buttons in this game feels so drat good.

I feel like I have to unlearn a ton of habits to properly play this game though. My fighting game experience is basically persona > a tiny bit of blazblue > dbfz > cross tag, so the concept of normals progression not just being being a > b > c is going to get some taking used to. Are there any vids on general stuff I should know about or should I just keep experimenting on my own and doing the tutorials before seeking out character discords or whatever?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

The whole ironic trolling but lolol the joke is that it’s hard to tell is the worst poo poo I hate it.

I think its good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A > B > C does totally work in UNIST for a lot of chars, but the reverse beat stuff is where you can do a lot of the blockstring mixups which may take time to adjust to.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wrist Watch posted:

Are there any vids on general stuff I should know about or should I just keep experimenting on my own and doing the tutorials before seeking out character discords or whatever?

There's an official tutorial series that was made for UNIEL but a lot of the knowledge applies for UNIST

Here's the translated version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT81K40ew3s

the other videos are in this channel and include character breakdowns as well

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 7, 2018

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wrist Watch posted:

I feel like I have to unlearn a ton of habits to properly play this game though. My fighting game experience is basically persona > a tiny bit of blazblue > dbfz > cross tag, so the concept of normals progression not just being being a > b > c is going to get some taking used to.

If you can think of it as "I can whiff 2A at the end of a blockstring to be less - or even sometimes + if i happen to be Hyde" you're well on your way to understanding how to use reverse beat. I recommend it as a skill to learn early on. Try setting a dummy to block everything and just practice ending your strings in 5A/2A, just remember you can't use buttons that you used earlier in the string, so be conscious of what you started the string with.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

in cross tag battle a shop section says you can buy avatars and accessories but only lists avatars. when are they going to sell a wind up key and a funny hat I can put on my chibi tager.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

Are there any vids on general stuff I should know about or should I just keep experimenting on my own and doing the tutorials before seeking out character discords or whatever?
It's best to make use of both the in-game tutorials and the community made resources. For the most part UNI does a good job at teaching stuff (much better than certain other AAA games) but you're still going to have to look things up on the net and ask for help.

UNI's trial mode is called Mission mode and unlike other games it teaches you the actual BnB combos for your character as well as simpler but still practical combos for beginners. It's really good and I recommend going through it.

List of character-specific guides: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pMuiRdTNt76n18CUg_DgYEhJcYdJP0eSpcIuTRtZ4UM/edit
General UNI guide: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s454/sh/dafbb147-65d2-4bee-be82-c28e5168d09b/8660de8ec3e3d01a

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Yeah I love UNI’s missions, they’re very thorough and well graded. One odd thing is that there are a bunch of character overview tutorials at the END of the list, which I recommend checking out early. I didn’t notice them for a long time since , you know, that’s where the hardest combos are.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Fruitsnacks posted:

UNI's trial mode is called Mission mode and unlike other games it teaches you the actual BnB combos for your character as well as simpler but still practical combos for beginners.

*unless you play wagner or enkidu because they came out with the version of the game that introduced this feature

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snk heroines lets both players be the same color/costume

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Snk heroines lets both players be the same color/costume

Yomi level 200.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I can tell I'm hitting my groove with a character when I reach the point where I would be pissed if I was the other person

cs'ing just for meter and then dropping merk oki worms at the end of every combo :sweep:

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

4B into EX worms feels so good to do.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
can you actually not even crouch in snk heroines. lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

can you actually not even crouch in snk heroines. lol

I played it today and no. It's also pad only since certain inputs are bound to the right analog stick with no ability to remap them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's an actual arcade version in Japan, I wonder how it handles items.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Why would anyone think it could be a good game? It has no reason to be.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the depth of badness is still surprising. could have just been mediocre like blade strangers

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

IronicDongz posted:

the depth of badness is still surprising. could have just been mediocre like blade strangers

Yeah it's like, impressive how little is going on in the game, even regarding the cosmetic customization stuff. It's aggressively-SNK-had-to-make-an-effort-to-be-this-bad instead of just whatever like folks expected.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I assumed it was gonna be like the Tekken customization stuff since it was all 3d models. But no, every character has 3 costumes, period. You can slap like a hat or a bow in an accessory slot but even the cheesecake fan service is half-assed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's kinda creepy how most girls' portraits are all OH NO I'M SO EMBARRASSED SENPAI" but Shermie being totally into that poo poo and Leona being all stoic almost makes up for it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dracula Factory posted:

Why would anyone think it could be a good game? It has no reason to be.

SNK's made a lot of sloppy games but it's being a long time since they made something that was fundamentally what-the-gently caress-are-you-doing bad, so people gave them the benefit of the doubt and presumed there might be something in there that'd make all the stupid poo poo make sense.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I was expecting a stupid low effort fighter for my switch that I could take out when with friends and be able to just play right there. They then made the game stupid difficult to play with a sideways joycon. Thanks guys.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

in retrospect maybe it's good the characters I like aren't in this one

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Thanks for the unist advice. This game is a lot deeper than I’m used to but not in a bad way. I feel like if I had seen this game when I first got into fighting games I probably would have bounced off it hard like I did with skullgirls way back when, but now that I can appreciate the mechanics I’m loving this poo poo.

E: not that skullgirls is bad or anything, it was the first real fighting game I ever bought and wanted to be serious about but I remember showing it to a friend who showed me p4a in response and I ended up loving it too much to ever go back

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
UNIST is much like Melty Blood in the sense where it has a bunch of bullshit systems with weird names but picking up and playing the game is actually pretty intuitive and everything feels good and snappy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dias posted:

It's kinda creepy how most girls' portraits are all OH NO I'M SO EMBARRASSED SENPAI" but Shermie being totally into that poo poo and Leona being all stoic almost makes up for it.

It's because the story is that they've all been abducted by Kukri and he's forcing them into these battles in skimpy outfits with the victor being able to walk away free from his dungeon. Everybody can unlock their classic outfits and their portrait stops blushing if you use those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

In Training posted:

It's because the story is that they've all been abducted by Kukri and he's forcing them into these battles in skimpy outfits with the victor being able to walk away free from his dungeon. Everybody can unlock their classic outfits and their portrait stops blushing if you use those

Does Terry turn back into a man