Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I'm not the spokesperson for black people, I'm just saying being black doesn't give you a pass for dropping n-bombs in my book. It's still hateful and clearly wild goons aren't a fan of it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Are you guys completely missing the fact it could maybe be a cultural thing? My black friends use it all the time, who the gently caress are we to tell someone if they're allowed to use it or not. I find it more embarrassing that a bunch of white dudes on an internet forum are even talking about this, let the guy speak however he wants. I've seen white people get offended by it in real life and it's just super awkward cause who even are they to tell a person of colour whether or not they can use it in their vocabulary.

What's the map that's like a sunny villa (it looks like sunset) and has the wine cellar? It's one of the new ones (not sure if clash / maestro comes with a new map, so I think it's the alibi / other person's map). Spawn peeking on that is pretty rough, or that could just be due to me not knowing the map layout. Almost every game I've played on that map has had the defenders using absolutely filthy runouts to kill a good 60% of our team. It's one of the maps that always makes my blood boil, because if I'm dead, spectating teammates is frustrating when audio cues are so obvious yet they just get blatantly ignored. Sound coming from behind you, bud, maybe turn around? Or not, yeah, keep staring down the hallway that hasn't had any sound come out from it in 30 seconds. Oh, you just died from the guy who was sprinting up behind you for a solid 5 seconds. Shocker.

90% of R6 users in a nutshell. Or people who listen to music whilst playing, they ought to be burned at the stake.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 6, 2018

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
It's easier to hear things as a spectator. Just FYI.

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

The Duggler posted:

really ignorant and a moron

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Qubee posted:

Are you guys completely missing the fact it could maybe be a cultural thing? My black friends use it all the time, who the gently caress are we to tell someone if they're allowed to use it or not. I find it more embarrassing that a bunch of white dudes on an internet forum are even talking about this, let the guy speak however he wants. I've seen white people get offended by it in real life and it's just super awkward cause who even are they to tell a person of colour whether or not they can use it in their vocabulary.

What's the map that's like a sunny villa (it looks like sunset) and has the wine cellar? It's one of the new ones (not sure if clash / maestro comes with a new map, so I think it's the alibi / other person's map). Spawn peeking on that is pretty rough, or that could just be due to me not knowing the map layout. Almost every game I've played on that map has had the defenders using absolutely filthy runouts to kill a good 60% of our team. It's one of the maps that always makes my blood boil, because if I'm dead, spectating teammates is frustrating when audio cues are so obvious yet they just get blatantly ignored. Sound coming from behind you, bud, maybe turn around? Or not, yeah, keep staring down the hallway that hasn't had any sound come out from it in 30 seconds. Oh, you just died from the guy who was sprinting up behind you for a solid 5 seconds. Shocker.

90% of R6 users in a nutshell. Or people who listen to music whilst playing, they ought to be burned at the stake.

I don't know, I find it appropriate to listen to poo poo like "You Will Not Survive" and other fun tracks when my team is a trash fire/talk too much anyway. Best time to 870 Recruit and play some Doom.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Qubee posted:

You're my hero

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Nebiros posted:

I don't know, I find it appropriate to listen to poo poo like "You Will Not Survive" and other fun tracks when my team is a trash fire/talk too much anyway. Best time to 870 Recruit and play some Doom.

I swear listening to fast music makes me play better because it keeps my mind off of the thumping in my chest that I still haven't gotten over in my 500 hours of this game. Althought I do keep it VERY quiet and turn it completely off with my keyboard's media keys when poo poo's getting hairy.

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

anyone else unable to queue into a ranked game? i just sit in queue for 10+ minutes, nothing.

if it matters, i ended low silver last season

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Duggler posted:

I'm not the spokesperson for black people, I'm just saying being black doesn't give you a pass for dropping n-bombs in my book. It's still hateful and clearly wild goons aren't a fan of it either.

lmao

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'd love to listen to music, cause gaming + music is like coffee + cigarettes. But I just can't focus in R6 with music, even something mellow. I tried it but always end up getting poo poo on cause I couldn't hear in time.

Flutch posted:

anyone else unable to queue into a ranked game? i just sit in queue for 10+ minutes, nothing.

if it matters, i ended low silver last season

restart the game. queueing has been buggy for me too. I'll invite my friend and queue, but for him it doesn't show queueing, whereas for me, it shows I've been queueing for ages. so he restarts the game and it works.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I get it, but I've been called a friend of the family enough in life to not want hear that poo poo in the siege thread

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

oh poo poo I just learned that Maestro is voiced by Clancy Brown, another reason the thicc meatball boi is the best operator

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wTPhAoLPw

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

this loving owns

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Clash is a load of fun but completely useless if you don't have a buddy to back you up. Pubbies are useless as usual.

She seems also pretty good as just a delaying tactic in ranked, as much through the taser as through intimidation. People tend to approach her slowly and carefully, because there's always the risk an enemy will hop out just as you're closing in to punch. Just yesterday we won a game where it was down to 3v3 and Clash cost them like thirty seconds during the final push as they tried to get at her in a narrow hallway, forcing a timeout.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

:bisonyes:

Perestroika posted:

She seems also pretty good as just a delaying tactic in ranked, as much through the taser as through intimidation. People tend to approach her slowly and carefully, because there's always the risk an enemy will hop out just as you're closing in to punch. Just yesterday we won a game where it was down to 3v3 and Clash cost them like thirty seconds during the final push as they tried to get at her in a narrow hallway, forcing a timeout.

i finally tried her last night and she is pretty much everything i hoped for

a competent Monte is the best 1v1 in the game and will still beat Clash in a duel but the thing that makes her so amazing is that she can control the pacing of a fight simply because she is on defense. it's the same reason why shotguns are better on defense, except with a shield you can harass op4 by constantly pressing them at your favorite choke point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dts0XVfKaH4

characters like smoke/lesion are obviously very good against shield users but attackers mostly just have capitao to rely on until people get used to playing against her. she can tank practically anything else when starting from 100hp

that 2 shot smg is quirky but if you just spam it, it feels like the perfect middleground between that and a pistol. the range is incredible and it wouldn't surprise me if they nerf the damage falloff because it is surprisingly good for spawnpeeking. i might go back and gently caress around with some of the other 2 shot burst characters. the only other time i've used it was with Thatcher's rifle which iirc is one of the only ways to make his ACOG manageable enough to take over magdumping the holo/compensator

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Best way to kill Cav :allears:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Hello.
Twitch Prime lootpacks https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/rainbowsix

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

apparently these are the items:

which tbh the purple ela is the only noteworthy one if that's it :lolplant:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Bandit is over there making a face like he just saw a picture of what theyre wearing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I've got prime anyways so why not

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the only way to unlock skins like this should be to be in the top 25 most watched siege streamers :colbert:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Is anyone else still getting the matchmaking error? I tried a fix King George recommended, but I'm still unable to get a casual game going when I'm in a party.

E: I guess they changed something cause the 'fix' was keeping me from getting matches.

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 7, 2018

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

ATP_Power posted:

Is anyone else still getting the matchmaking error? I tried a fix King George recommended, but I'm still unable to get a casual game going when I'm in a party.

E: I guess they changed something cause the 'fix' was keeping me from getting matches.

It's some sort of ISP thing because it looks like only comcast/xfinity and verizon? are encountering it. I fixed it on my end by using a VPN service. (AVG has one thats free for a month and doesn't require any kind of sign up)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
By the way you're getting 4 more packs on October and November, so you'll get the entire Twitch collection eventually. Can't say I'll use any of the charms or skins but I'm certainly gonna try out some of the weapon camos.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

not a big shocker but Clash is an awesome tank especially since attackers will just spam their explosives in your general direction

she is probably a better anti-grenade operator than jager at this point lmao

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thief posted:

not a big shocker but Clash is an awesome tank especially since attackers will just spam their explosives in your general direction

she is probably a better anti-grenade operator than jager at this point lmao

Everytime, the opponents would toss all their grenades at me, immediately. Wouldn't even cook them, so I could just walk backwards.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Everytime, the opponents would toss all their grenades at me, immediately. Wouldn't even cook them, so I could just walk backwards.

My friend walks forwards when possible just to be the biggest dick.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You don't even need to walk backwards because you have a full body shield.

I had a game where I just blocked the entrance at the front of the plane last night and the enemy tossed four frags at me that harmlessly bounced off my shield and proceeded to do a total of like, 12 damage to me.

Clash is defence Montagne and that's why she owns.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Every single Ash I've seen, when facing Clash, will fire the grenade launcher into the shield. Only to discover the shots will bounce off harmlessly.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

what's with Blitz / Monty in the new patch. I swear they're far more formidable. Before this patch, I could rush them and kill them easily, they never worried me. But this new patch, every time the attackers have a Blitz / Monty, they basically walk through and kill everyone they come up against. They're super deadly in 1v1s now. My confidence at taking them on was turned on its head. I was doing poo poo like charging a Monty or not retreating from a Blitz and then I get my rear end handed to me.

Valid tactics for taking them on as defenders? If I throw a GU mine at them, will it instantly inject their foot or does it have a 1 sec warm up time?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Qubee posted:

what's with Blitz / Monty in the new patch. I swear they're far more formidable. Before this patch, I could rush them and kill them easily, they never worried me. But this new patch, every time the attackers have a Blitz / Monty, they basically walk through and kill everyone they come up against. They're super deadly in 1v1s now. My confidence at taking them on was turned on its head. I was doing poo poo like charging a Monty or not retreating from a Blitz and then I get my rear end handed to me.

Valid tactics for taking them on as defenders? If I throw a GU mine at them, will it instantly inject their foot or does it have a 1 sec warm up time?

smoke?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

every time I use smoke, it just damages them for like 30HP and they walk out of the cloud, so it's kinda pointless. he's area denial more than shield killer.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Punching the shield knocks it out of the way, allowing you to either punch again or shoot them. Doing this against Blitz is riskier because of his speed and flash gadget. It's usually your best bet though especially in a bumrush.

Outside of 1v1 though, play it safe with a buddy and communicate well.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
You gotta work with teammates. This isn't a solo game.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Other ops that work:
* Mute: jammers will stop Blitz's flash from working.
* Kaplan, Frost: traps will cause Blitz to advance more carefully. However just like Mute this requires pre-planning and thus isn't viable in a reactive fashion.
* Lesion: similar to above but since you get a lot of gu mines and you can apply them quickly you can be a reactive force against shields as well.
* Smoke: still the absolute best against shields, thanks to reactive application.

Maybe the most important thing against the shield ops is that you can always play time against them. As a defender if the enemy can't get to the objective, you win. Killing them is effective in achieving this but also just keeping them out works which is what Smoke excels at.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Qubee posted:

every time I use smoke, it just damages them for like 30HP and they walk out of the cloud, so it's kinda pointless. he's area denial more than shield killer.

well yeah but they cant see you and the shield only works 1 way and you've forced them to ruin their positioning

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

You don't even need to walk backwards because you have a full body shield.

I had a game where I just blocked the entrance at the front of the plane last night and the enemy tossed four frags at me that harmlessly bounced off my shield and proceeded to do a total of like, 12 damage to me.

Clash is defence Montagne and that's why she owns.

The grenades always ended up behind me, which will kill or severely damage you. Except they never cooked them so I had plenty of time to move back and block with my shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shields easily beat defenders in 1v1s unless defenders are very smart and/or lucky. If Blitz is able to sprint into your objective and melee your entire team to death, it's because your team is retarded (and/or oblivious). It's the same reason you can get an ace clutch because the defenders file outside one at a time to get shot by you. You're not playing the game as a team, so it becomes much more about individual skill and gadget advantage. And Blitz has the best gadgets for 1v1.

Seriously, if Blitz walks into the objective with even just two competent defenders paying attention, he dies.