Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/989198118666162176?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
goddammit i'm just a few posts late

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1038098498619551744

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I wonder what the odds are that Tesla has fires someone over a positive weed piss-test.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

izagoof posted:

haha the replies

https://twitter.com/32MBofESRAM/status/1038089417188106240

https://twitter.com/32MBofESRAM/status/1038091441497690114

lol

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I only have back of the envelope math on this, but that redditor who mortgaged his house is down over sixty grand unless something has changed

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

poisonpill posted:

Musk is more like Bruce Banner than Tony Stark. he’s weird and nerdy half the time and then just rages and destroys stock value when hitting green

But Bruce Banner is an actual scientist and presumably smart in the context of those comics/movies.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
He hit that blunt like a cigar what a pussy

You're supposed to inhale you loving piussy

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Agronox posted:

I only have back of the envelope math on this, but that redditor who mortgaged his house is down over sixty grand unless something has changed

He also had to pay capital gains on the Berkshire Hathaway stock he sold to pay off the loan.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I've said this before but musk is the Sam Rockwell villain from Iron Man 2

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

But Bruce Banner is an actual scientist and presumably smart in the context of those comics/movies.

He's more like Hammer - generally incompetent, stole all the credit for his big products which don't actually work, and obsessed with being considered #2 when compared to a bigger tech rear end in a top hat.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shifty Pony posted:

I wonder what the odds are that Tesla has fires someone over a positive weed piss-test.

oh poo poo I hope he gets sued for wrongful termination or something

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Party Boat posted:

I've said this before but musk is the Sam Rockwell villain from Iron Man 2

oh my gosh I just remembered musk is literally in that film

at least I think it's him, some tech douchebag anyway

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Lote posted:

He also had to pay capital gains on the Berkshire Hathaway stock he sold to pay off the loan.

a lot of young people are going to get completely busted out at some point. we haven’t had a bear market in nearly a decade and these guys have no sense of risk management

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Ytlaya posted:

Doesn't he have like 7 PhDs? Which makes him super smart in-universe, and an insane moron to anybody irl with a PhD

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
doesnt iron man beat the bad guy in every movie by flying up really high and then crashing back to the ground? mayb eelon is tony stark

Agronox posted:

he was probably hedging against the rest of his portfolio, right? one hopes

i dont think so? i looked at their statement from when they transferred in and after a quick glance it looks like just a bunch of large cap stocks and then like a half million dollar short

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

the iron man suit sees a shadow and stops mid flight

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

the iron man suit sees a firetruck and goes full throttle

My DJI tiny flying camera thingamabob literally stops mid-air because it thinks it saw a shadow, though.
So annoying i disabled all the fancy vision ML crap, and now it's actually usable.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

I want to frame this

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ytlaya posted:

Actually Elon Musk is cool & good.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
when is musk going to get margin called when will the death spiral happen

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/bonerhitler/status/1038071356728979456

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Iron man really liked putting yellow on his suits

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:devil:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
elon musk saves himself embraces jah and is forgiven of all his crimes

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Agronox posted:

yeah something changed

im sure he is divorced by now

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

please tell me this is a real screenshot

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

cumshitter posted:

i dont think so? i looked at their statement from when they transferred in and after a quick glance it looks like just a bunch of large cap stocks and then like a half million dollar short

could be an overly simple pairs trade

if he thinks, say, GM will outperform the market, but has no underlying bullish or bearish view on the market itself, he could buy GM and sell some ratio of SPY. that way no matter what happens with the broader market, if he’s right about GM, he makes money

or he could just be a fuckin’ dumbass, that happens a lot

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MiniFoo posted:

“So it’s a given that we’re clearly on a trajectory to have games that are indistinguishable from reality, and those games could be played on any set-top box or a PC and there would probably be billions of such computers and set-top boxes, it would seem to follow that the odds that we’re in base reality is one in billions"

and thats like years old

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
elon musk thinks hes going to live to see that kind of simulation

meanwhile dwarf fortress is about as indepth as we can get right now

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

MiniFoo posted:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Siljmonster posted:

elon musk thinks hes going to live to see that kind of simulation

meanwhile dwarf fortress is about as indepth as we can get right now

No, he thinks he is IN one.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gschmidl posted:

no wonder the UI/UX in his product are terrible

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i did one of these in an econ class. it was when progressive insurance was getting big/popular up in the early 00s and my team was like "well we know buying just one company is dumb but we also don't know what we're doing so". and same thing, we sold everything to buy more PGR and beat the whole class

it also taught us about stock splits. we log in and oh poo poo the price is half what it was yesterday, we're screwed! wait... somehow we have twice as many shares??
The only way to win any time-constrained competition like this is to take on massive risk and be lucky enough not to bust.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

tesla shares take a hit huh

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

orcinus posted:

IT'S A BUBBLE MAN IT'S BEEN UP TOO LONG I'M TELLING YOU

Some blog a few days ago posted (and everyone kept reposting on and on and on again) how a crash is imminent because "the trendline angles between two last peaks perfectly match the angle of trendline angles of the last two crashes and the RSI is exactly the same too, therefore it MUST crash". Chartboys, man...

i need a good lol. post the chart with all the ridiculous trend lines. you know the one.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

gschmidl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KK_kzrJPS8

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Simulation Hypothesis has been all the rage in silicon valley for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

i need a good lol. post the chart with all the ridiculous trend lines. you know the one.

Can't find it rn, but here's another one just like it:
https://stocktwits.com/KimbleCharting/message/135717794