Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can max out slots finding less than half of them

Seriously!?

How I go about doin that?

EDIT: Wait, does it involve something besides collecting seeds? Or did you mean by collecting seeds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Seriously!?

It takes around 400 to max out item slots. The last ones are just to get a little icon in your pause screen.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Seriously!?

EDIT: Wait, does it involve something besides collecting seeds? Or did you mean by collecting seeds?

Collect seeds.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Seriously!?

It just involves collecting and trading in seeds to Hetsu like normal. I didn’t have too much trouble finding that many just going through the game normally. Just search out anything that looks odd and you’ll start to learn the tells of where Koroks are.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Moose-Alini posted:

All weapons do.

Weapons do more damage when they shatter, and more when thrown, so when they are about to break, chuck em for a little boost.

It is really satisfying to throw something at a monster and get the CRASSSHHH and big blue burst.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

It is really satisfying to throw something at a monster and get the CRASSSHHH and big blue burst.

Except when you come from another game back to Zelda and keep accidentally throwing all your weapons and they shatter.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It is so loving INCREDIBLY satisfying when poo poo like that happens :hellyeah:

Also, I started DQXI last night. Goodbye BOTW, your ~400 hours of playing really made me happy but it's time to move on. :unsmith:

Losing heroes path hit you that hard huh?

you’ll be back

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/lucid_coder/status/1037552864082755584?s=21

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
At least it's the fixed version, and not the whacko panel order the OP on reddit originally posted.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I ventured into Central Hyrule to get a couple shrines and activate the tower.

Holy crap, Guardian Stalkers are scary. Especially when there's more than one aaaaahhhhh :gonk:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Going through Central Hyrule on horseback and dodging lasers left and right with way too few hearts was one of the more thrilling gaming experiences I've ever had.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

One of the best parts of this game is the moment when you finally get confident enough to confront and defeat guardians.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

One of the best parts of this game is the moment when you finally get confident enough to confront and defeat guardians.

The first guardian I saw was after I left Kakariko village and I was at a higher elevation than it so I started throwing bombs at it then hiding behind rocks. After around 10 minutes of that I split because it was waaaay too spoopy for me.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, I also found Hestu again, and about time; I really needed to get more weapon slots.

I can't skip his dance. I just can't do it. Nobody should skip it.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

DizzyBum posted:

Oh, I also found Hestu again, and about time; I really needed to get more weapon slots.

I can't skip his dance. I just can't do it. Nobody should skip it.

My son agrees. We regularly went to the forest just to make him dance.

asciidic
Aug 19, 2005

lord of the valves

Slowly making my way through this game for the first time, ignoring the temptation to look up guides because exploring and discovering things is fun. And I like how the mechanics make for several solutions to puzzles so there's no one right way to do things.

I didn't feel like looking for the other electro-ball.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

asciidic posted:

Slowly making my way through this game for the first time, ignoring the temptation to look up guides because exploring and discovering things is fun. And I like how the mechanics make for several solutions to puzzles so there's no one right way to do things.

I didn't feel like looking for the other electro-ball.

Lol, gently caress, fair enough

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I think I just crossed the 100 hour mark and realized there's another town out there I still haven't found. What the gently caress. I beelined for towers about halfway through that just to see where I was going in larger chunks and it messed up my system of thoroughly going through and clearing each area.

I also just realized there are birds singing in the Rito village theme while playing with headphones. :parrot:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

On Terra Firma posted:

I think I just crossed the 100 hour mark and realized there's another town out there I still haven't found. What the gently caress. I beelined for towers about halfway through that just to see where I was going in larger chunks and it messed up my system of thoroughly going through and clearing each area.

I also just realized there are birds singing in the Rito village theme while playing with headphones. :parrot:

Which town did you miss?

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Tarry town I think?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tarrey Town involves a pretty lengthy sidequest to access.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

On Terra Firma posted:

Tarry town I think?

u find the seaside village?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

u find the seaside village?

I actually found that one last, after I had Tarry Town going.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
I found that one pretty early. It was funny how the Zoras were "you need shock arrows BE SUPER CAREFUL THERE'S A LYNE- Oh wait nvm you're good lmao"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Siselmo posted:

I found that one pretty early. It was funny how the Zoras were "you need shock arrows BE SUPER CAREFUL THERE'S A LYNE- Oh wait nvm you're good lmao"

There’s alternate dialogue if you already fought one before talking to them?

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
I didn't fight a Lynel that early. I just bought shock arrows before Vah Ruta. It was just an extra dialog box or two saying. "Oh, you already have those okay let's beat the elephant"

Siselmo fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 9, 2018

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

The Bloop posted:

I actually found that one last, after I had Tarry Town going.

:same:, I stumbled on that way after fighting Ganon and finishing most of the shrines. I remembered someone here talking about gambling for rupees and I had no idea what they meant for a long time.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bongo Bill posted:

Tarrey Town involves a pretty lengthy sidequest to access.

The site with the Goddess statue is there all along though, and I think it calls itself Tarrey Town from the start.

I didn't run across Lurelin Village for ages, though.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

On Terra Firma posted:

There are only birds singing if you finish the singing birds sidequest!

If you then finish Kass' quest, he also joins in.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Runcible Cat posted:

The site with the Goddess statue is there all along though, and I think it calls itself Tarrey Town from the start.

I didn't run across Lurelin Village for ages, though.

The former's Goddess Statue I found long before I started the quest, and thought it odd that there was one out in the middle of nowhere.

I didn't find the latter's Goddess Statue until about a week before the DLC came out, just in time to use it for the four new orbs.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Amppelix posted:

If you then finish Kass' quest, he also joins in.

Ohhhhhhh my god I have to hear that. I promise not to look it up on YT and hear it for myself!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Speaking of the Zora and that Lynel, I just fought him last night and scored my first Lynel kill. :hellyeah:

It seemed impossible at first, but eventually I figured out to consistently dodge into Flurry Rushes and ate some Attack Up food to maximize damage. Took a lot of tries but man it felt good to finally get that killing blow. I made extra sure to run around the entire mountaintop and pick up every shock arrow I could see because that was a well-earned victory.

I'm just glad the game auto-saves before events like that because it would be so incredibly frustrating to have to go back and farm weapons/food/fairies after each failed attempt.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

I ventured into Central Hyrule to get a couple shrines and activate the tower.

Holy crap, Guardian Stalkers are scary. Especially when there's more than one aaaaahhhhh :gonk:

These guys are bad enough, but imagine trying to fend one off when three Stalmoblins come ERUPTING out of the ground as you're focusing on the Guardian's laser attack. By the way, all of them are armed with spears and they keep doing those annoying 360 spin attacks like they're all Oberyn loving Martell (from Game of Thrones).

Yeah. gently caress that noise.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 10, 2018

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Originally posted over in the LP subforum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sehcIxF-_eo

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

DizzyBum posted:

Speaking of the Zora and that Lynel, I just fought him last night and scored my first Lynel kill. :hellyeah:

It seemed impossible at first, but eventually I figured out to consistently dodge into Flurry Rushes and ate some Attack Up food to maximize damage. Took a lot of tries but man it felt good to finally get that killing blow. I made extra sure to run around the entire mountaintop and pick up every shock arrow I could see because that was a well-earned victory.

I'm just glad the game auto-saves before events like that because it would be so incredibly frustrating to have to go back and farm weapons/food/fairies after each failed attempt.

I hope you realized at some point that you were not "supposed to" actually fight him but to just sneak in and steal some arrows. Of course it's pretty neat that you managed to beat him anyway; I certainly couldn't so early in the game.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Zat posted:

I hope you realized at some point that you were not "supposed to" actually fight him but to just sneak in and steal some arrows. Of course it's pretty neat that you managed to beat him anyway; I certainly couldn't so early in the game.

You're not? Huh. Every time I've done that quest I beat him.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Like every other part of this game, the quest has an expected route but does nothing to stop you from finding your own method. The lynel quest basically points you towards stealthing around and scavenging all the shock arrows lodged in the trees and ground and avoiding ever fighting the lynel but there's nothing stopping you from going "yeah well gently caress you game I'm gonna fight the thing anyways".

You don't get anything for doing it beyond the amazingly swag lynel loot but it still feels incredibly satisfying to give a giant middle finger to the game telling you to avoid fighting the demon lion centaur man.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Carbon dioxide posted:

Originally posted over in the LP subforum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sehcIxF-_eo

Clever adaptation/summary/ripoff of what's described in the 3 big Zelda books (Hyrule Historia, etc)

ProjektorBoy fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Huh, it points you at avoiding him? I always took that quest to be the point at which it was time to become a man and just beat the bastard down. I don't actually remember the game ever saying you should probably sneak around or avoid him or anything.