Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Your mason bud was acting scummy. Nat mentioned a flimsy reason (by his own accord, there seem to be more scummy people like Hal) for killing Bif based on scumminess. Nat seems to predicate the decision mostly based on bullshit statistics.

I think I'm settling on bad town decision rather than scum, but it doesn't make sense either way.

Really he should have killed my mason bud

Killing bif doesn't make much sense i agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Killing the other vote leader would have expedited this whole mess

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The reason I’m stuck on the statistic thing is because it’s such an easy way for nontown to justify their actions. I’m having trouble truly accepting that a town person would coldly crunch (incorrect) numbers and choose an action that only helps town if they are correct and hit scum instead of going with their top scum pick.

I guess I’m going to have to adopt the cowardly wait and see approach since this is only part of the puzzle.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I feel like I've played this exact game before and experiencing some spooky deja vu, but that's beside the point.

I really would like people to revisit my case on bee.

b-minus1 posted:

How did you attempt a night kill as vt and yes this is a rolefish

This just doesn't seem like he is asking this question seriously because 20s post was clear that he was now VT.

b-minus1 posted:

Ok I believe you

b-minus1 posted:

nat20 if you think bif is scum why haven't you voted her?

I feel like I could kind of see this as town motivated, but given his play from yesterday and the direction his play has taken today. It looks more like nervous scum trying to pressure a town threat. Not saying that I buy 20s claim outright either, but comparatively bee has done little to convince me this is his town game.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
We must have different definitions of “pressure” a “town threat” because the only thing I was doing was asking for clarification. And lol at calling me nervous scum. Do I seem nervous to anyone else srs question

AA we can do this all day if you want but afaict we seem to be on the same page with a lot of reads. Only you want me dead lol Maybe we could work together and find scum? Just a thought

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Getting some scum vibes from moat. Didn’t like how he was adamant that I choose either humalong or somber. Just as long as one of them died it seems. Eat the Rich’s somber vote was lol worthy. Tommunist and anon idiot need to contribute too

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Hey.

Where is AAI I want to bully him

Oh no... Please don't...

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Who The scum AAI?!!?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Who The scum AAI?!!?

If I had to make educated guesses, I'd pick Humalong for having a role that's described as scummy according to Moat, Podima for something he once told me, about how scum being helpful is a good method, and.. and... I wanna say Eat The Rich for the odd silence the last day.

On another note PLEASE HELP ME! STRANGE MEN ARE TAKING ME AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD FOR TWO DAYS!! HELP!! SAVE ME!!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I wouldnt vote for mr humalong today

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tommunist posted:

Wasn’t gonna but thanks

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommunist posted:

why not, I would

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I'm currently at work (gently caress working on the weekend) but i am attempting to read the thread. I will keep you updated on my terrible takes today.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

why not, I would

Why

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cause he was dodgy, evasive and inconsistent especially around me when I started casing him. He was a great lunch yesterday but things got all derailed off him to Somber instead for ~reasons~ and I don't like it.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause he was dodgy, evasive and inconsistent especially around me when I started casing him. He was a great lunch yesterday but things got all derailed off him to Somber instead for ~reasons~ and I don't like it.

Fair enough

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tommunist posted:

Fair enough

???

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Would like to give some hot takes on the other players so far.

pre:
Self - Plays too much Town of Salem thinking that's Mafia experience, defended himself from Muse and to a lesser extent Somber and Podima; 
voted for Humalong for not wanting to be the one who okayed the elimination of potential town. Also not wanting to screw Somberbrero 
on the first night as I've been on the receiving end of being eliminated day 1 and it's lovely.

Amalgam - Fun posts earlier, moved to help shed light on; investigated arguments to pick apart who said what and why.
 Shifted vote from Muse to Bee to Somber

B-minus - Wanted to say hi to Idiot and Eat The Rich; been quiet for the time being, paying attention to what others are saying. 
Voted for Tomm before voting for Somber

Bifauxnen - Playful, got aggressive, questions peoples actions, voted for Humalong for reasons undisclosed, 
before that voted for a few others. Ultimately became hammer for Somber.

Eat The Rich - Supposed to be new. Sparse posts, the only one who's having a good time all things considered.

Hal - Sparse posts, seems wanting to confirm if people wanna vote.

Moat - Made a vote for b-minus, among a lot of fun posts. Voted for bif for offness, before voting for somber 
with the nuance that bifauxnen can wait. Settled down a little, then flitted to Humalong

Humalong - Fun playful posts, drew attention to Tomm's silence. Quick to analyze people's cases and providing info for all; corrected and clarified against vocal players 
(Muse, Bif, Moat, Somber)

Nat20 - Random fun posts, got inquisitive in some areas; quick to point out structure of mafia game (everyone in pairs)

Podima - Inquisitive posts, nothing but inquisitive posts with the odd post. Seems aware that prom crowd needs someone to keep track of info.

Muse - Wanted to murder me as if Muse had vig powers. Unusually interested in Idiot for being easy to bully. Does not accept simple answers; wants well thought out exchanges.

Tomm - Quiet, engaged in a faux-grudge with Podima, kinda random posts. Supposedly certain that Humalong is not mafia. May be sheriff?

Would also like to present a prom playlist for peoples' ears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hVz-D7Fijs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZjCwH4fyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQA8tOaMarM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyVf1qeWR8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PWdTellsEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Z3YrHJ1sU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RTF4OPzf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHKbaMj8mfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blC7ySMwnEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPH_YQjXjW0

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

my post isn't an indication that i in anyway accept or agree with her read, its just i've read it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tommunist posted:

my post isn't an indication that i in anyway accept or agree with her read, its just i've read it.

Fair enough

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

Fair enough

fair enough

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"reasons undisclosed"?

##vote AI

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Worked a 16, just got home. I’m caught up on the thread so far but I’m way too tired to post anything meaningful beyond:

AnonIdiot didn’t want to vote for Somber because “they seemed town” and “didn’t want to ruin his game killing him day 1” yet was completely fine ruining my game by killing me day 1 after multiple people switched off of me and felt I’m town (which I am). Where is the logic here?

##vote AAI

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Thats not what AI said to me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t think anon is scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
But no one cares about ruining your day, Hum. Somber, however, he has a special place in my heart.

I like that post from AAI. It goes to show you: bullying works and is good

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Worked a 16, just got home. I’m caught up on the thread so far but I’m way too tired to post anything meaningful beyond:

AnonIdiot didn’t want to vote for Somber because “they seemed town” and “didn’t want to ruin his game killing him day 1” yet was completely fine ruining my game by killing me day 1 after multiple people switched off of me and felt I’m town (which I am). Where is the logic here?

##vote AAI

What? The logic is that there were two choices for him to vote for, one of which he said he felt was town and one he seemingly didn't have as much of a town read on.

The "didn't want to ruin his game" part is silly, but what are you implying, that after people were screaming at him to vote he should have said "nah, screw you guys" instead of voting for the person he felt was more suspicious than the other?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

"reasons undisclosed"?

##vote AI

Not sure I am following this vote.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

What? The logic is that there were two choices for him to vote for, one of which he said he felt was town and one he seemingly didn't have as much of a town read on.

The "didn't want to ruin his game" part is silly, but what are you implying, that after people were screaming at him to vote he should have said "nah, screw you guys" instead of voting for the person he felt was more suspicious than the other?

I mean every other time someone asked him to participate in the game day 1 he was fine not doing that. I don’t think he’s scum, though, just confused town.

##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
drat we should have murdered him

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I told u guys

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not sure I am following this vote.

Guess it's not surprising you skimmed right past the AI post. Why bother doing a big post like that if you're just going to throw out vague poo poo that shows you've barely even read the game?

It's too much of a pain to quote with that formatting too, but AI said I voted Humalong for "reasons undisclosed."...

Bifauxnen posted:

It really surprised me that Moat and Hum had a problem with me voting AA when I was poking at something especially strange. If they think I'm scum after an easy target that's one thing, but they both just vaguely called it "weird". I think Hum looks worse outta those two though, since he seems to just be weakly tagging along after Moat broke the ice on trying to push me.

and now he's backing off when it doesn't seem to be getting traction... I'm not sure what all I really did that was any less weird all of a sudden?

I'd vote Hum here but there's others already on his case, I wanna make sure Somber doesn't just blow off all the questions headed his way.

Bifauxnen posted:

ok lol I went back to check all my posts since I voted AA to see what must have given Hum this change of heart. Since the AA vote, I:

- reiterated how AA makes no sense, along with a disparaging remark about Moat who dared to vote me

- said how AA sounds more reasonable now after he got my vote on him

- random comment grumbling about AA and AI that didn't have any casing or anything

- me bugging Hum to explain how he thinks I'm ao weird

- voting Somber with no other comment, in reply to his refusal to answer questions

- brief comments on B- sounding like drunk me, and on pera for lurking

Hardly anything that I would consider an appropriate amount of "more" to satisfy Hum, if he honestly thought my vote on AA was suspiciously weird

ok gently caress waiting for Somber

##vote Hum

Bifauxnen posted:

ok to try and clarify my case on Humalong while we're waiting here, this is the rundown:

I complain about AA's posts not making sense and drop a vote.

Moat thinks it's "off" and votes me. (sorry Moat, I just noticed it was AA himself who first called me "being weird about it", not you. I do find this to be an important distinction because 1. who could actually find me voting AA more weird than that whole debacle, and 2. "off" implies more like you're wary of some dubious intent, instead of just throwing generic shade around like "that's weeeiiird")

Hum echoes that my response is weird, doesn't bother voting me though, says he's gotta wait and see, etc, basically a much wishy-washier version of Moat.

After I wake up I only make a few posts on the AA topic before Hum weighs in again. But they're nothing that extrapolates or develops my case at all, it's mostly just scoffing at Moat and Hum really

As soon as Pod starts trying to press him on it though:

It turns out that somehow, my few scant posts managed to convince Hum that I was all good now, so he didn't need to bother explaining what was weird at all:

I look back at my post history wondering what I had even posted "in light of AA realizing he was confused about things", cause I sure didn't remember anything notable, turns out it was pretty much nothing so I vote Hum for bullshit

Hum acts like this case on him is somehow dependent on my opinion of myself or AA, I don't even know how this is supposed to logically follow:

I hope it now makes more sense.

Bifauxnen posted:

I did see that, and had two problems with it:.

1 - just remembering I'm aggressive and then changing your mind is totally different from seeing me post something that made you change your mind cause you got more from me

2 - you forgot I'm insanely aggressive? hahaha

Bifauxnen posted:

well it sure sounded like you were implying I'd done something in the meantime to change your mind. You also used that answer to dodge Pod's direct question of what made you think I was weird in the first place. This "oh I iust remembered she's aggressive" stuff seems more like backing off when everyone didn't just agree I was super weird.

And then when I brought up how little I'd posted about AA to change your mind, instead of correcting this misunderstanding you're claiming it is now, you went off on some total derail to mischaracterise my case on you:

Bifauxnen posted:

this sounds like just shifting around his justification again, he sure didn't say anything like that here in the thread about him just trying to poke me for reactions

and I gotta quote this post yet again:

his first reaction to me actually casing him wasn't to clear up this huge misunderstanding of how he just remembered my playstyle and changed his mind, it was to defensively react to my case by trying to reframe it as something completely nonsensical.

What are cases? We just don't know.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
This prom is lame, no one is here. I think everyone is hotboxing a car in the parking lot. Why wasn’t I invited? :(

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Shut it nerd don’t be a snitch

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I blame only myself for not unvoting so I could hammer myself before Bif hammered the lunch on Somber (who honestly did not help his case by being lurker town but whatever, I’m really not one to talk about people not helping their case).

Nat not using his claimed vig on me to clear all doubt and instead playing some made up statistics is also an odd choice. Wouldn’t be surprised if their masonry is town/scum in either direction. Using a vig on the person who went after me the hardest day 1 just feels like such an odd choice. If there’s a doctor and they think I’m scum and Bif is town I feel like they would probably doc her? Idk, maybe I’m playing out of my depth.

Anyway, I’m working another 16 today so I’ll post when I can. Lunching me at the end of the day once we can get some more discussion might be the optimal play, since until I die scum are just going to coast and use me to distract.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Not voting humalong or anon

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Guess it's not surprising you skimmed right past the AI post. Why bother doing a big post like that if you're just going to throw out vague poo poo that shows you've barely even read the game?

It's too much of a pain to quote with that formatting too, but AI said I voted Humalong for "reasons undisclosed."...

What are cases? We just don't know.

I actually read his post and knew you were referring to his case on you, I just wasn’t sure why that bit made you vote him. I see you were making a more meta point that he should have understood your reasons if he was really trying

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I blame only myself for not unvoting so I could hammer myself before Bif hammered the lunch on Somber (who honestly did not help his case by being lurker town but whatever, I’m really not one to talk about people not helping their case).

Nat not using his claimed vig on me to clear all doubt and instead playing some made up statistics is also an odd choice. Wouldn’t be surprised if their masonry is town/scum in either direction. Using a vig on the person who went after me the hardest day 1 just feels like such an odd choice. If there’s a doctor and they think I’m scum and Bif is town I feel like they would probably doc her? Idk, maybe I’m playing out of my depth.

Anyway, I’m working another 16 today so I’ll post when I can. Lunching me at the end of the day once we can get some more discussion might be the optimal play, since until I die scum are just going to coast and use me to distract.

Why would I vig a target that would be easy to lunch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

Why would I vig a target that would be easy to lunch?

If you were town? To avoid wasting another day having to lunch me.

• Locked thread