Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

FogHelmut posted:

Agreed. We got 2x the vodka as everything else and it was the first gone. Get 4 handles of Vodka for 100 people, along with the other liquors and beer and wine.

Looks like my mother was wrong to under estimate the intense drinking that happens after a wedding.

Kirkland french vodka,spiced rum, and gin here i come!

Booze snype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Chinatown posted:

YEA BRO GET BEEFY

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Infidel Castro posted:

Went to the 'co today to get gas and lunch. On my way out of the store there was a guy who had a while cartload full of nothing but those absorbent pads for pets. I can only hope he works for the humane society.

The only other possibility is watersports.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

therobit posted:

The only other possibility is watersports.

Ya he was probably just getting prepped for the weekend.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Well considering the flooding in Madison, maybe they're for drying out his basement

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My local Costco doesn't have the Kirkland alchohol due to lovely state alcohol permitting so sometime soon my wife and I will make pilgrimage and drive an extra 20minutes to get to one of the two other Costco's nearby that both carry alcohol.

I am truly blessed to be within 35 minutes of 3 different churches

PBUC

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

My printer died over the week.

Thankfully Costco had the best price on the highest rated HP color laser multifunction thingamabob. Praise be, we can print at home again.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Sticky posted:

Greetings friends, I was out of town this week and stopped at a foreign New Jersey Costco and got the (french) vodka and the 7 year old bourbon. I was gonna get the 20 year speyside but they had a couple bottles of Paul John Brilliance Single Malt and I couldn't say no to that.

I cracked open that vodka the other night and it is seriously excellent. Also excellent is the hot dog and drink (ft. refill) for one dollar and fifty cents!!!

Wayne or Edison?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I got baby wipes, toilet paper, dog food, and many samples today.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ultimate Mango posted:

My printer died over the week.

Thankfully Costco had the best price on the highest rated HP color laser multifunction thingamabob. Praise be, we can print at home again.

I bought one of those a couple months ago, to replace an ancient HP All-In_One deskjet.

I love the speed of the laser. Haven't had to replace the toner, yet... hope I'm not in for a sticker shock.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

GORDON posted:

I bought one of those a couple months ago, to replace an ancient HP All-In_One deskjet.

I love the speed of the laser. Haven't had to replace the toner, yet... hope I'm not in for a sticker shock.

Third party toner off amazon maybe?

Reviews said a full set of the full OEM XL toner (read:regular size) was like $700, double what I paid for the printer and starter ink.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ultimate Mango posted:

Third party toner off amazon maybe?

Reviews said a full set of the full OEM XL toner (read:regular size) was like $700, double what I paid for the printer and starter ink.

I didn't think it would be that expensive. I may take it back when I run out of toner and can't afford more.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

GORDON posted:

I didn't think it would be that expensive. I may take it back when I run out of toner and can't afford more.

good way to lose your costco membership bud

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

good way to lose your costco membership bud

Yeah they'll nail me on my first return, ever.

They should put the toner next to the printer, with the cost of it, to let people know.

Edit - I see the replacement toner on Amazon for less.than $150. That's much more reasonable.

GORDON fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 9, 2018

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

GORDON posted:

Yeah they'll nail me on my first return, ever.

They should put the toner next to the printer, with the cost of it, to let people know.

Edit - I see the replacement toner on Amazon for less.than $150. That's much more reasonable.

Yeah, Amazon third party is okay. Full retail OEM is not.

Strangely Costco had the chart of which toner went with which printer, listing the HP laser, but Costco doesn’t sell that toner at all in the store where I bought it. Lots and lots of HP inkjet refills though.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Ultimate Mango posted:

Yeah, Amazon third party is okay. Full retail OEM is not.

Strangely Costco had the chart of which toner went with which printer, listing the HP laser, but Costco doesn’t sell that toner at all in the store where I bought it. Lots and lots of HP inkjet refills though.

Cuz people are much happier to buy the $80 printer and throw down $70 every time they print 5 pages.

Went laser a while back and it's an awakening akin to your first purchase of Costco plastic wrap. I will be buried with the spare toner I purchased with the printer.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Don't buy expensive toner, print stuff off at work like everyone else

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Get someone to carry their printer to your house.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Stocked up for a 10 person camping trip, all the fancy food was leftover after cooking my burgers and dogs over the fire 😈

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

7 cubic foot hisense chest freezer for like $130.

New kegerator day, baby.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

treadwell cant catchwell

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
What’s the consensus on the Costco Auto Program? Is it going to save me some real money, or am I better off with the traditional “threaten to walk at any moment” negotiating tactic? I’ve never bought a new (or used) car from a dealer before, so I don’t know what to expect.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Hypnolobster posted:

7 cubic foot hisense chest freezer for like $130.

New kegerator day, baby.

In store only? I can't find it on the website. Refurbing my kegs today, and that would be perfect.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

OldSenileGuy posted:

What’s the consensus on the Costco Auto Program? Is it going to save me some real money, or am I better off with the traditional “threaten to walk at any moment” negotiating tactic? I’ve never bought a new (or used) car from a dealer before, so I don’t know what to expect.

From what people have said in the thread, it can vary from good to not so great. Its probably worth it to try both methods though. The car buying thread on the forums is pretty helpful too. When I bought my new mazda 3 a few years back, the best deal ended up being from when I just walked into a dealership and the chinese salesperson was just like "Hey since you're also chinese I'll just give you the best deal right away".

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
My costco is supposed to open in Oct. It's going to be awesome.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

DARPA posted:

In store only? I can't find it on the website. Refurbing my kegs today, and that would be perfect.

Just stumbled on it in store.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

From what people have said in the thread, it can vary from good to not so great.
Yeah, it's kind of dealer dependent but even if the deal isn't the best the salespeople will treat you very well since they can get the affiliation pulled with enough bad reviews.

Basically, you pop in what car you want and they'll send you a dealer to go to. The one I dealt with offered a flat $800 discount on advertised pricing, but couldn't really offer to do more after that.

For myself and my wife, it was worth being able to go in, be told a price, and not have to spend all day to get them to budge on $200. We were in the market for one specific model so we were done with all the research and test drive poo poo. The finance guy was the worst part (it always is), but our salesman pulled some fresh mats for us from somewhere -- even if it was a total lie it was good to give us a final positive before we drove off.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

These chicken, smoked mozzarella, and artichoke sausages are drat good.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Mustached Demon posted:

Well, that sounds good. Are they Kirkland or another brand?

We just got a Costco membership through work; bought way too much salmon and a really cushy blanket when we went to check it out.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
My wife is on call today, so naturally I took the kid to Church.

Big mistake, we didn’t have a list and were just killing time so it ended up being a pretty expensive trip.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

My wife is on call today, so naturally I took the kid to Church.

Big mistake, we didn’t have a list and were just killing time so it ended up being a pretty expensive trip.

You, sir, are a true believer and are raising your children properly as well. PBUC!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

I eat these with veggies for dinner on a regular basis. Excellent product.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, that sounds good. Are they Kirkland or another brand?

We just got a Costco membership through work; bought way too much salmon and a really cushy blanket when we went to check it out.

Sabatinos I think. It's near the aidells stuff.

Itchy
May 23, 2006

plape tickler posted:

My costco is supposed to open in Oct. It's going to be awesome.
Mine too. They've been setting up tents around town to let you sign up for membership but the locations keep changing and there's no way to know where the drat tent will be each day.

Do they give you anything special when you sign up for a new location's grand opening or should I just sign up online?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Itchy posted:

Mine too. They've been setting up tents around town to let you sign up for membership but the locations keep changing and there's no way to know where the drat tent will be each day.

Do they give you anything special when you sign up for a new location's grand opening or should I just sign up online?

Pretty sure they give something.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else plan their Costco trips around filling up your tank? I do this all the time, cheap gas, cheap food, hot dog all in the same night. PBUC.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Itchy posted:

They set up an office suite for early baptisms in my town.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Flaggy posted:

Anyone else plan their Costco trips around filling up your tank? I do this all the time, cheap gas, cheap food, hot dog all in the same night. PBUC.

I live five minutes from mine so no. I literally go out of town to a kart track Tuesday and Thursday evenings and will hit it up just for the Polish dog.

Itchy
May 23, 2006

plape tickler posted:

They set up an office suite for early baptisms in my town.

Is your town Davenport, IA? If so, please advise the location of said office suite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Was in a D.C. area Costco tonight, and they were all out of water - sent it all to the Carolinas. PBUC