Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Magical Ponies posted:

I also appreciate the fact that her name is “typhoid misty.”

Appropriate: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgsAYtantyt/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1czlj06e8ehzp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlMaBqfjMTX/

:psypop:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Those rings on Saturn sure are something alright. :stare:

marjorie
May 4, 2014

At first I thought she meant "guys, first tattoo" but no. Looks like that guy needs that resistor colour chart as his 2nd tattoo.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:) "I want the planets on my forearm as my first tattoo!"
:downs: "Okay I got you... but how about instead, a bunch of marbles covered in fleas?"
:confuoot: "Ummm... yeah totally!"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

marjorie posted:

At first I thought she meant "guys, first tattoo" but no. Looks like that guy needs that resistor colour chart as his 2nd tattoo.

Lol new thread title

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Lol new thread title

I like “marbles covered in fleas”

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

socalled posted:

I like my coworker so I feel bad posting her new tattoo but it's so goddamn ugly.

Her best friend got this at the same session:

The artist works out of a basement and she's been tattooing for seven years.

I hope that's a commercial basement and not...you know just some random basement of a house.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Shoehead posted:

I hope that's a commercial basement and not...you know just some random basement of a house.

Look into your heart for the answer. Nobody ever says commercial basement.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I like “marbles covered in fleas”

Outside only, please.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

So close to using then instead of than and being utterly amazing.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

‘Earth’ looks like a wonky circle around some dodgy kanji (being attacked by fleas)!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

marjorie posted:

I went looking for lovely bruisey space tattoos and wasn't disappointed (sorry, I don't know how to link instagram posts properly).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnALZT8DecW/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16j4ewckpyre3

That's supposed to be an eclipse? :psyduck:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

marjorie posted:

I went looking for lovely bruisey space tattoos and wasn't disappointed (sorry, I don't know how to link instagram posts properly).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnALZT8DecW/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16j4ewckpyre3

Mournful... tattoo

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004

marjorie posted:

Does the moon have headlights? Does the earth have a beak?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tasteless Tattoos: Does the moon have headlights? Does the earth have a beak?

Edit: calling our clock critics: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bif-Ivzjh6X

Johnny Truant has a new favorite as of 17:31 on Sep 6, 2018

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Andos El Pantos posted:

Hahaha! I was definitely weirded out by the headlights moon, but didn't even see the beak. Cannot unsee.

Yeah, I loved this one. Does that top one go 1, 2, 3, then 1 through 9? Or is it 1, 2, 6, then 1 through 9? And why does the bottom one use "IIII" for 4, while the top uses (appears to use) "IV"? And why are there two clocks positioned like that anyway?? Like, it'd make sense if the top one was like a seconds clock and went through 60, but it looks like an attempt at a (hosed up) full clock face (don't get me started on the dots...). The more I look at it, the more questions I have.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Is "polka trash" short hand for "looks like a temporary tattoo that didn't transfer cleanly"?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Andos El Pantos posted:

It's the world's worst eclipse diagram

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

whypick1 posted:

Is "polka trash" short hand for "looks like a temporary tattoo that didn't transfer cleanly"?

I dunno if this is a legit question, but trash polka is a totally awesome tattoo style. Bad trash polka is of course bad, but otherwise its awesome.

they are usually pretty abstract, which isn't for everyone, but done well they are great.

For example:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
trash polka is an absolute garbage tattoo style, imo

posted in precisely the correct thread

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

nerve posted:

Yeah I think I've seen maybe a handful that I didn't just immediately make a disgusted face at. To each their own, but it just looks dumb imo :shrug:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

I’d go get something from https://instagram.com/rember_tattoos?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=j5gy6wx39aup before I forget :shrug:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah I think I've seen maybe a handful that I didn't just immediately make a disgusted face at. To each their own, but it just looks dumb imo :shrug:

Like most new styles, great artists do it amazingly but 90% of the examples out there are garbage done by hack imitators

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

:stare:

Good lord 'n' butter them are some glorious tattoos.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ricketyvickyt posted:

I really don’t know understand why anyone would think this is a good idea...from both the client and the ‘artist’ point of view!

The thumbnail makes it look like the wolf is trying to feed the tattoo owner a cookie or a communion wafer.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

ruddiger posted:

The thumbnail makes it look like the wolf is trying to feed the tattoo owner a cookie or a communion wafer.

I thought it was a malformed dick.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nerve posted:

Yeah, I can definitely see when it's technically done well, but I've yet to see an example that I've thought actually looked good.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

:stare:

Good lord 'n' butter them are some glorious tattoos.

Wrong thread I know but his name *is* Rember, so

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe just a meme fan.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Wrong thread I know but his name *is* Rember, so

Oh, no, it was exceptionally well-played. And it's always nice to have a palate cleanser.

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

If you're gonna get a Slipknot tattoo why would you go this route?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Great Metal Jesus posted:

If you're gonna get a Slipknot tattoo, why

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
There's so many things that band have done visually that you could try to tattoo before you start diving into lyrics (they wear masks for God's sake), though I guess with how that turned out he dodged a bullet by not challenging his artist too much.. :sweatdrop:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I googled slipknot mask tattoos and that was quite the adventure

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Queen Janeway? Is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU