Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/70s_party/status/1038369976493780993

Ol' Musky, OG flavour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

this reminds me that I need to unleash more farts and then take an enormous saturday dump :rip:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

musky posted:

To help achieve our goals, after discussing this in-depth with the Tesla board of directors and executive staff over the past several weeks, I am excited to announce a number of management changes:
https://www.tesla.com/blog/company-update

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh come on it’s a reference to this hobo-sploitation film

tho i wish i could take credit for that ridiculous take

as part of the home alone expanded universe, this film raises serious continuity questions, such as why marv doesn't recognize mr mcallister's house while burglarizing it, even though they clearly met years before.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

that bad thing? actually, it is great!

sinveerely,

elon the musks mans

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

With all that skrillah lowtax made from tesla CJ spilling the beans and putting up the paywall again you better believe i want that gang tag...

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i haven't botherd busting up some dollar per repair, considering it takes me about USA hours instead of the UK :)

Two Ton 21
Dec 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgakov posted:

I'm beginning to think that this "elon musk" fellow is maybe not a super smart super handsome super genius, and instead just another honky that got this far in life because their power was rooted in the abuse of white privilege which is often mistaken for competency????

hard 2 say

He sure hires a lot of felons to work for him though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Friendly reminder that Musk's family got rich off slave labor...

Which is legal in the US if you are currently being punished for a crime.

In short

Death to capitalism.

Two Ton 21
Dec 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

Friendly reminder that Musk's family got rich off slave labor...

Which is legal in the US if you are currently being punished for a crime.

In short

Death to capitalism.

GF1 isn't a prison.

Toilets work in a prison.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

PyPy posted:

Need gangtag thx

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

PyPy posted:

Need gangtag thx

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
so buy it as an avatar you cheap fucks.

lowtax's medical debt isn't going to discharge itself

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

infernal machines posted:

so buy it as an avatar you cheap fucks.

lowtax's medical debt isn't going to discharge itself

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
aren’t gang tags special images that reside on SA’s server somewhere? also, i do not know how gang tags work.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

President Beep posted:

aren’t gang tags special images that reside on SA’s server somewhere? also, i do not know how gang tags work.

as I understand it you buy it as an av, then put the image tag to the avatar image as a custom title

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

President Beep posted:

:same:

How do I buy adding a gang tag to my current av? :ohdear:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

President Beep posted:

your a bigger n00b than iospace, who hasn't even registered yet

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
freakin! rude!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

President Beep posted:

One user needs to buy it as an avatar. This uploads the gang tag image to SA's server.

Once that's done, anybody (including the original gang tag purchaser) can buy a new avatar with [img] tags in the title text linking to the gang tag.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

by and large, yes.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

so, say someone buys it as an av and then switches back to their original one an hour later. what happens to the image that the tag points to?

e: and how, sometimes years down the road, do people know what tag to put in the custom text field to bring up a given gang tag?

President Beep fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 8, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

President Beep posted:

so, say someone buys it as an av and then switches back to their original one an hour later. what happens to the image that the tag points to?

it remains on the server and the img links still work

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

President Beep posted:

old avs don't get deleted

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ah, i see. thanks for explaining.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you go find someone who has the tag and look at the url

how did you even log into this forum? i didn't think facebook linked here

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lmao. this is what i get for being brave and asking questions?????

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is what you get for not already knowing the answers

who did you beg for the baud dudes tag?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

basically, you can use [img] tags up to the character limit in the custom title area, but they'll only work for images hosted on fi.somethingawful.com

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is how people got around the av height restrictions and other fuckery. as long as it's not super obnoxious no one seems to care

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

e: and how, sometimes years down the road, do people know what tag to put in the custom text field to bring up a given gang tag?

You're waaaaaaaaay overthinking this.

All your old avs stay there forever. the url is your usernumber followed by the number of your av. Using IOspace as an example, this was her last one

and the one before that

found simply by changing the last number of the av.

Your gang tag was original purchased as an av by user cheese-cube based on the URL https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=117560

once the image is on the server, you can paste it into your av space. if you want a gang tag someone else has, simply find the url and paste it in there in image tags.

e: lol, this is one someone bought me a long time ago

it had something like "ask me about my fast car" underneath it becuase i was making fun of someone's slow car, and it was hilarious

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

this is what you get for not already knowing the answers

who did you beg for the baud dudes tag?

it was randomly bestowed upon me. i said i was a bad enough dude to stick with a lovely av that rex goliath saddled me with and a few minutes later the tag appeared. poof.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

President Beep posted:

lmao. this is what i get for being brave and asking questions?????

im glad you did because I didn't know any of that either

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

it was randomly bestowed upon me. i said i was a bad enough dude to stick with a lovely av that rex goliath saddled me with and a few minutes later the tag appeared. poof.

Does this look familiar?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

All your old avs stay there forever. the url is your usernumber followed by the number of your av.

that was not always the case though. for example, this stupid black square is .0001, but i've had five or six avs before this

e. nm, it increments only if a file with the same extension already exists, so a gif, jpg, and png will all have the same number

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Powershift posted:

Does this look familiar?

:shudder:

yes...

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Zlodo posted:

thank you for standing with me. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Zlodo posted:

yeah no joke it's dumb as hell none of this is written down anywhere you'd find it