Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hmmm. AA I think you are scum. A bad man with bad intentions who wants to kill us.

##vote AA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hmmm. AA I think you are scum. A bad man with bad intentions who wants to kill us.

##vote AA

A compelling case.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
AA: since you’ve confirmed that you are etr’s mason partner, how do you feel about him? He’s lurking hardcore right now and had that terrible somber vote yesterday.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

AA: since you’ve confirmed that you are etr’s mason partner, how do you feel about him? He’s lurking hardcore right now and had that terrible somber vote yesterday.

I think hes a newer player. Who has come across as sincere. I feel bad that he got partnered with a crazy man lol.

Otherwise I have a solidly town read on him atm

Phone just got some juice but I'm running errands... I'll be around in a bit.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Minus town.

Laughs off accusations.

Doesn't like setup spec.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i mean im not opposed to some setup spec, but i would prefer to see reads. the last 24 hours have been very light on content

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

i mean im not opposed to some setup spec, but i would prefer to see reads. the last 24 hours have been very light on content

No I agree, I'm just giving a read on you because you're playing to your town meta pretty strongly this game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

peramene posted:

I wonder why these aren't in alphabetical order Hmmm hmmmmmm

totally unjustified gut response lol but if b- scum, tomm town; YPM/AA/Pod also scum

lol af at getting scumcucked by hal still tho

And now for "Person who was killed by scum analysis" by Natural20, aged 29.

AA is playing to his meta of absolutely incomprehensibly insane.

YPM has been asking question that tend to be in line of my perception of him.

Pod.

Caveat, I think Pod is scum in every game I play. (Even games where I am scum)

Podima posted:

Been at a wedding all day, back home tomorrow so here are some hot takes:

- Nat trying to shoot Bif ostensibly based on cold statistics instead of an actual read is frustrating but I’m willing to buy his one-shot vig claim for now
- Anoni being like this is not a scumtell, that big post of his was good. Won’t vote him.
- Feeling good about Huma today, coming out of yesterday and seeing his stance today related to cutting the Gordian Knot of yesterday’s near tie

Re: Eat The Rich’s dual tracker masonry claim, Asiina has repeatedly talked about a role setup where scum and town trackers are in a masonry together and get shared results, so I’m inclined to look there as a priority today. Even without that bit of meta, two trackers in a 14 person game leaves me extraordinarily suspect that both are town. I don’t know if the track results should be shared yet as they’d just out power roles, aside from obviously tracking people to the kill.

What do people think of asking Eat The Rich’s mason partner to reveal themselves? Also, is anyone willing to claim being Somber or pera’s mason partner? I’m unconvinced as to how helpful it would actually be but one never knows.

Two things result: First lowkey shade on the idea that I vigged purely for statistics when that's not the only thing I wrote and it should be super obvious as to why in particular I might perceive an unconfirmed masonry with Bif as more threatening than a generic one.

Secondly and more importantly "Feel good about humalong."

Let's examine what humalong's had to say today:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Worked a 16, just got home. I’m caught up on the thread so far but I’m way too tired to post anything meaningful beyond:

AnonIdiot didn’t want to vote for Somber because “they seemed town” and “didn’t want to ruin his game killing him day 1” yet was completely fine ruining my game by killing me day 1 after multiple people switched off of me and felt I’m town (which I am). Where is the logic here?

##vote AAI

This gets brought up and rescinded effectively later but it broadly makes no sense beyond an attack on AI for language that's a little weird. It's odd to criticise someone for not wanting to vote a target that was subsequently confirmed town.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I blame only myself for not unvoting so I could hammer myself before Bif hammered the lunch on Somber (who honestly did not help his case by being lurker town but whatever, I’m really not one to talk about people not helping their case).

Nat not using his claimed vig on me to clear all doubt and instead playing some made up statistics is also an odd choice. Wouldn’t be surprised if their masonry is town/scum in either direction. Using a vig on the person who went after me the hardest day 1 just feels like such an odd choice. If there’s a doctor and they think I’m scum and Bif is town I feel like they would probably doc her? Idk, maybe I’m playing out of my depth.

Anyway, I’m working another 16 today so I’ll post when I can. Lunching me at the end of the day once we can get some more discussion might be the optimal play, since until I die scum are just going to coast and use me to distract.

And this pityparty about wanting to die to prove a point isn't exactly the most persuasive thing about Humalong being town, or honestly that helpful in terms of reads.

Beyond that there are just oneliners of little value.

The point I'm trying to make here isn't so much on whether Humalong is scummy. (imo he is, we should lunch him and my vote is going there absent compelling evidence) But how exactly is Humalong acquitting himself so much better than yesterday in Pod's mind?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
##vote Humalong

Nothing has changed imo since yesterday and this flip will be enlightening.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Natural 20 posted:

And now for "Person who was killed by scum analysis" by Natural20, aged 29.

AA is playing to his meta of absolutely incomprehensibly insane.

YPM has been asking question that tend to be in line of my perception of him.

Pod.

Caveat, I think Pod is scum in every game I play. (Even games where I am scum)

Two things result: First lowkey shade on the idea that I vigged purely for statistics when that's not the only thing I wrote and it should be super obvious as to why in particular I might perceive an unconfirmed masonry with Bif as more threatening than a generic one.

Secondly and more importantly "Feel good about humalong."

Let's examine what humalong's had to say today:

This gets brought up and rescinded effectively later but it broadly makes no sense beyond an attack on AI for language that's a little weird. It's odd to criticise someone for not wanting to vote a target that was subsequently confirmed town.

And this pityparty about wanting to die to prove a point isn't exactly the most persuasive thing about Humalong being town, or honestly that helpful in terms of reads.

Beyond that there are just oneliners of little value.

The point I'm trying to make here isn't so much on whether Humalong is scummy. (imo he is, we should lunch him and my vote is going there absent compelling evidence) But how exactly is Humalong acquitting himself so much better than yesterday in Pod's mind?

I may float some things that run contrary to the norm, but that's a major discredit to me. Scum often push this meta read as a way of discrediting my cases and forcing easy pushes.

Point out something ”incomprehensibly insane"

FWIW, I felt you were playing truer to your recent town meta, but with your admission of trying to kill bif. I'm a bit conflicted.

Logic would dictate that you not say such a thing as scum, but being forthright is also a scum tactic that I confidently believe you are capable of swinging.

I think I have reason to believe hum is town but without implicating other players who are probably town, all I can say is that I don't think it's a good vote

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
##unvote

I understand.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
im just gonna throw this out there

aa and eat the rich have claimed voyeur/tracker but haven't posted the results of their n1 actions. @AA and @ETR, not saying you should make this public right this second, especially since the thread is a ghost town, but have you guys at least shared your results in your mason chat?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

im just gonna throw this out there

aa and eat the rich have claimed voyeur/tracker but haven't posted the results of their n1 actions. @AA and @ETR, not saying you should make this public right this second, especially since the thread is a ghost town, but have you guys at least shared your results in your mason chat?

I've told my date and I think Humalong is town based on the results I got last night.

AA didn't get any decisive results afaict

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You are way more self aware of your strengths and weaknesses as town, friend AA. Your entire play so far seems like someone who is using his meta as a shield.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

The first real vote on the push for hum. The two preceding were B-'s and Tomm's, both from joke phase. Bee's questionable as a reactionary omgus, but seeing as no one else is getting pings, I'll table my suspicion for the time being.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah don't explain yourself or anything, just make a drive by vote.

Somberbrero posted:

Maybe some of the resulting discussion was crossed wires, but I felt like YPM made his point against me pretty clear and was surprised that it didn't merit comment.

Somber addresses a response from Humalong about YPMs initial curiosity around Somber's remark about "seeing what he saw" on AI

BUT ypm follows up with...

Humalong is trying to avoid making connections this early so that when he flips scum we have less to go on hth
a sideline snipe instead of directly establishing a reason to vote hum.

I mean, I was pressuring but in a very ineffective way. I would be hesitant to hold it up as an example of pressuring, because pressuring has a connotation that it was a plan of some sort. It was me fooling around while also being somewhat curious how Anon would react.

It really doesn’t matter what you call it and I’m making a bigger distinction than I need to, I just hate when people do something stupid and then act like they are a puppet master, so I’m trying not to do that here.
Admits he was "pressuring" more or less on AI. (As a fan of gambits and applied pressure I get it, but with my mounting suspicion, I think admitting to artificially trying to get a reaction out of players with his joke phase murder shtick is conveniently out in the open enough that it would require the suspension of disbelief to take his play as anything more than joking.

Admitting that it was real, even marginally, is strange.

This topic occupies the thread as YPM's still unexplained vote on hum hangs.

Bifauxnen posted:

ok lol I went back to check all my posts since I voted AA to see what must have given Hum this change of heart. Since the AA vote, I:

- reiterated how AA makes no sense, along with a disparaging remark about Moat who dared to vote me

- said how AA sounds more reasonable now after he got my vote on him

- random comment grumbling about AA and AI that didn't have any casing or anything

- me bugging Hum to explain how he thinks I'm ao weird

- voting Somber with no other comment, in reply to his refusal to answer questions

- brief comments on B- sounding like drunk me, and on pera for lurking

Hardly anything that I would consider an appropriate amount of "more" to satisfy Hum, if he honestly thought my vote on AA was suspiciously weird

ok gently caress waiting for Somber

##vote Hum
AA makes no sense. So far Pod, 20, Moat and Bif have all relied on that: "AA sounds crazy as usual," I'm not saying that I don't, but just don't let yourselves buy into that meta read when it comes down to the wire as to whether or not my reads have merit.

I am coo coo, but I probably bat around average, yeah?

---

WRT her vote on hum:
Seems like a standard aggro vote from Bif in all honestly, if not a bit unwarranted...

quote:

me bugging Hum to explain how he thinks I'm ao weird

- voting Somber with no other comment, in reply to his refusal to answer questions

- brief comments on B- sounding like drunk me, and on pera for lurking

Hardly anything that I would consider an appropriate amount of "more" to satisfy Hum, if he honestly thought my vote on AA was suspiciously weird

Her vote seems to be solely derived from perceptions on how he was reading somber and his lack of adequate response...

As an inevitable sponge for player meta: he said he's had a few 16 hour days lately, and I think timing lapses + enthusiasm, or even missing posts in skimming can often come across as "intentional scumminess"

As far as bif votes go, seems like she believes her reasons, and that's more than YPM offered.

Natural 20 posted:

Part of me thinks that Humalong's behaviour is weird, but another part knows that's often consistent with my perception of his play..

##vote Humalong

I feel like even if this is wrong the information generated is good.

I already pointed this out previously, but as far as votes go, this one seems even worse than YPMs. It unabashedly excuses a potential mislynch on the notion that we would learn from it.

TO his credit, yes this is true, IF the vote isn't manufactured by scum to begin with... then it's scum just saying this person contributed to the lynch, they must be scum because... it's not a perfect cloak for scum, but I think this line of logic allows scum to acquire a decent foothold to argue/control from. Don't like it.

peramene posted:

this is a bandwagon vote

##vote mr humadong

admitted bandwagon vote from a flipped town player. She probably was just doing her own thing out of thread and hopped on whatever. Not good play, but it is what it is, and we know she was town.

also i just noticed pera put humadong lol, and that's p. funny.

Podima posted:

This was your tenth game post for today. Why are you getting personalized nudges from the mod to meet the posting minimum to avoid being a lurker, while doing literally anything that is not scumhunting (including non-useful setup spec)?

##vote peramene

I'll still vote Somber or Huma but this is egregious.

Not a hum vote, but a vote on pera that looks curious in retrospect. Pod himself had chain posted to make quota, as I'm sure he will again. I know he's a busy man, but it's a bit hypocritical and an easy argument to push when the thread was mostly divided. Granted I was pushing Bee, I just believe in my own work that much more lol :allears: I know, I'm awful

And finally, our journey leads us to YPMs unexplained deflection onto Somber even though he never even fully articulated a case on hum. I think he saw hum already had some apathy jokephase votes and his would make a third to get more votes rolling.

As we saw in pera's vote, the apathy voters do just tag on, and I feel like this was an intentional play by YPM.

##vote YPM

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

You are way more self aware of your strengths and weaknesses as town, friend AA. Your entire play so far seems like someone who is using his meta as a shield.

I used to hate meta, but once I moved past personal meta, that is most used, I realized there was so much more that could be done with casing and playing the game.

So yeah I do use it, but not in the oh my play is so and so, as you often rely on, instead I try to predict trends in player behavior off of a headspace filled with dozens of games and to comment on the goals of town, scum, 3p respectively...

I spend the majority of my time in meta. Is it the best? no. Is it the worst? hmmm, maybe.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
OK, I'm off to do some things.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
This is not scum ypm imho.

I can see pod as scum. Would also vote hal or moat

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I would switch to Somber, I agree with B that he sounds frustrated town in his defense.

I knew AA would find a way to call me scum. I’m proud of you.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Nice try though, your case that I didn’t explain my switch from Hum would have worked if no one went through my history.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nice try though, your case that I didn’t explain my switch from Hum would have worked if no one went through my history.

I would switch to somber isn't the compelling explanation you think it is

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nice try though,

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I would switch to somber isn't the compelling explanation you think it is

Is that all the quote said?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I mean I know it’s hard to read past a comma, but I think in this case you might want to try

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I mean I know it’s hard to read past a comma, but I think in this case you might want to try

Cute, but still... what I'm saying is you give no reasons why the somber vote was better? I'm glad you agreed with another players explanation of something, but I'm faulting you for switching with no explanation as to why the new vote was THE vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ok, I really do have to go now. Byeeee

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Because we were at a point where it was between two people. It was either Somber or Hum. You know that. So if I was getting a town read from Hum, I would obviously go to Somber.

You are being purposefully obtuse at this point.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I'll do it to clear the air. It's me AA. I crumbed our affiliation earlier, but I'm not a tracker. I'm a voyeur essentially, I explained privately that I was a watcher variant.

AA while you're here, be exact. Are you a voyeur (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Voyeur) or something else? You've already been outed as a power role, you may as well be specific. I remember from scumming with you that you tend to get vague/evasive in that mindset to avoid being locked down.

Also, Eat The Rich says you had no conclusive results, but you say your results theoretically clear Humalong. Which is it?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

This is not scum ypm imho.

I can see pod as scum. Would also vote hal or moat

Although he is freaking absent today, I thought Pod did sound pretty townie yesterday.

Eat The Rich posted:

I've told my date and I think Humalong is town based on the results I got last night.

AA didn't get any decisive results afaict

I don't get how this is supposed to clear Hum, though. If someone was tracked going to me last night that'd be one thing, it could imply they were a doc who saved my rear end from Nat. But not even that would with for Humalong since he had already claimed to have some "traditionally scummy" role instead.

Don't go spoiling things if it'll implicate anyone I guess, but maybe just have another hard think about it amongst yourselves too check your work, seeing as ETR was already confused earlier about which role AA even claimed to him before?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I needed a refresh on this game so I did a full reread. Gonna split it into 3 sections - Lean Town, Neutral, Lean Scum. Alphabetical order otherwise.

Lean Town

AnAnonymousIdiot (LEAN TOWN)
- Posting his way feels perfectly normal for AAI to me honestly. Same with his conduct around end of D1.
- When pressed, he DID provide a breakdown of his assessment of each person, which goes a long way.
- I think the "reasons undisclosed" thing Bif jumped on is just his way of phrasing things unnecessarily dramatically sometimes.

Bifauxnen (LEAN TOWN)
- This is town Bif. She's pressuring people, posturing, and jumping on small things that others would generally gloss over.

Eat The Rich (LEAN TOWN)
- New player, coasting on Day 1 fits the metric of a newbie townie power role
- Freely claimed role D2 to ask a valid setup spec question
- Specifically did not fullclaim out of trying to keep folks "safe" - this is a townie perspective

Mr. Humalong (LEAN TOWN)
- I covered him D1, while his initial posts were scummy his reactions to pressure felt frustrated townie as they played out.
- His conduct on D2 feels townie too - scum would just push past what happened D1 and try to focus the conversation elsewhere, so this rings townie:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I blame only myself for not unvoting so I could hammer myself before Bif hammered the lunch on Somber (who honestly did not help his case by being lurker town but whatever, I’m really not one to talk about people not helping their case).

Nat not using his claimed vig on me to clear all doubt and instead playing some made up statistics is also an odd choice. Wouldn’t be surprised if their masonry is town/scum in either direction. Using a vig on the person who went after me the hardest day 1 just feels like such an odd choice. If there’s a doctor and they think I’m scum and Bif is town I feel like they would probably doc her? Idk, maybe I’m playing out of my depth.

Anyway, I’m working another 16 today so I’ll post when I can. Lunching me at the end of the day once we can get some more discussion might be the optimal play, since until I die scum are just going to coast and use me to distract.

Natural 20 (LEAN TOWN)
- Specifically did not engage Day 1
- Claimed a failed shot on Bif N1 as a 1-shot vig due to (yes yes) both statistics and protecting himself against the risk of a scum Bif
- Note: Has specifically withheld kills as a SK for the entire game after he locked himself into a claim, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.
- I dislike how he says Bif didn't justify her hammer vote on Somber, when she had brought up Somber previously and it was almost a no-execute.
- I would be on him today for going back to Humalong without considering anything else, but he's pivoted off that already.

Your Personal Muse (LEAN TOWN)
- Came out hard during early game with his pressuring on AAI, runs counter to his scum play from Shine V (which was a far bigger game, but still)
- Correctly pressured Somber for what was frankly a nonsensical backing of a nonsense case, even if Somber flipped town I still find that townie

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Neutral

Anomalous Amalgam (NEUTRAL)
- I could see either direction here, honestly. AA is someone I have a blind spot for, since he posts in the same stream-of-consciousness way regardless of alignment (which I find different to follow)
- He did spend time on D1 pointing out b-, and while I don't agree with his vote on YPM his general analysis for D2 seems to be coming from a townie place.
- Claimed some kind of results that clear humalong. Still raising an eyebrow at two town observer power roles in a masonry
- His saying that he has results that give him "reason to believe" huma is town conflict with what Eat The Rich said.
- I want a claim of what he is, voyeur or something else? He plays vague when trying to bullshit as scum.

b-minus1 (NEUTRAL)
- This post pinged me early-game as overly self-conscious:

b-minus1 posted:

lol sorry bud. im still riding around a two month town streak (as well as a two month winless streak :()

or if you're just doing a jokephase thing, then i might as well ##vote mr. scumalong
- Calling out lurkers multiple times - typical behavior for him, though it could also be an easy-cred thing
- The only thing that keeps me from calling him scum is how he pointed out that the push on humalong could have been scum-motivated as nobody was trying to defend/divert
- Never completed this (he just posted in responses to other people's assessment of the humalong/somber votes)

b-minus1 posted:

I have some thoughts about how the humalong/somber votes went down but it’s gotta wait until I get to a computer

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

But not even that would with for Humalong since he had already claimed

Maf edit : not even that would work *

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lean Scum

Hal Incandenza (LEAN SCUM)
- Fairly noncommittal during Day 1, went back and forth between huma/Somber (I see some hedging here, in retrospect)
- Mostly surface-level engagement
- I have a hard time reading Hal in general, but I could see him as scum here. I need more today.

Moatillata (LEAN SCUM)
- Backed Huma based on masonchat even though Huma claimed a scummy role (but did mention a bunch of minuses against him)
- Said Bif felt scummy on D1 and dropped pretty fast - has not revisited on Day 2, I want to see this today
- Called for analyzing the votes on D1, has not done so (traveling, but still)
- Tinfoil hat about his rallying for votes near end of D1, if Somber and Huma are both town this could have been a way to get Cred.

Tommunist (LEAN SCUM)
- Latched onto Humalong for a pretty tenuous early game case (agreed w/o vote)
- Promised more takes, has just been coasting at this point without providing them.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

Maf edit : not even that would work *

any goodwill you earned for :justatrus: has now been REVOKED for breaking my beautiful combo up

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

##vote somber

No one else sees bee huh

Where was your case?

OK, I missed where he said he did admit to thinking he saw something. My bad everyone. My reading comprehension is deplorable, but my excuse is that Yami's game was ending.

##unvote

I doubt YPM would be so on the nose if he was scum, and me missing somber's post makes sense of the rest, but does make somber look curious in YPMs place

:thunk:

This was your “case” on Somber, which you made at the beginning and then dropped it.

You are voting me for having pretty much the same vote on Somber that you did. The only difference is I didn’t have a vote on someone who wasn’t going to get lynched that day because I’m not scum who wants to stay on the side line.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Natural 20 (LEAN TOWN)
- Specifically did not engage Day 1
- Claimed a failed shot on Bif N1 as a 1-shot vig due to (yes yes) both statistics and protecting himself against the risk of a scum Bif
- Note: Has specifically withheld kills as a SK for the entire game after he locked himself into a claim, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.
- I dislike how he says Bif didn't justify her hammer vote on Somber, when she had brought up Somber previously and it was almost a no-execute.
- I would be on him today for going back to Humalong without considering anything else, but he's pivoted off that already.

Mafia edit: I said it last night and I'll say it again here - I am willing, at least for today, to believe the 1-shot town vig claim given the way that he came out with it immediately and has defended it with consistent reasoning.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Podima posted:

AA while you're here, be exact. Are you a voyeur (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Voyeur) or something else? You've already been outed as a power role, you may as well be specific. I remember from scumming with you that you tend to get vague/evasive in that mindset to avoid being locked down.

Also, Eat The Rich says you had no conclusive results, but you say your results theoretically clear Humalong. Which is it?

I'll clear this up since they're afk and I need posts.

I'll do it to clear the air. It's me AA. I crumbed our affiliation earlier, but I'm not a tracker. I'm a voyeur essentially, I explained privately that I was a watcher variant.

He's a voyeur.

I may float some things that run contrary to the norm, but that's a major discredit to me. Scum often push this meta read as a way of discrediting my cases and forcing easy pushes.

Point out something ”incomprehensibly insane"

FWIW, I felt you were playing truer to your recent town meta, but with your admission of trying to kill bif. I'm a bit conflicted.

Logic would dictate that you not say such a thing as scum, but being forthright is also a scum tactic that I confidently believe you are capable of swinging.

I think I have reason to believe hum is town but without implicating other players who are probably town, all I can say is that I don't think it's a good vote

I tracked Hum, not AA. I can't really give much more without implicating a third person, but the crumbs are there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Mafia edit: I said it last night and I'll say it again here - I am willing, at least for today, to believe the 1-shot town vig claim given the way that he came out with it immediately and has defended it with consistent reasoning.

yeah, I gotta say from my unique perspective as well that I also buy the idea he took a scorched earth approach to the potential Reverse Jafar scenario

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Bifauxnen posted:

Although he is freaking absent today, I thought Pod did sound pretty townie yesterday.

I don't get how this is supposed to clear Hum, though. If someone was tracked going to me last night that'd be one thing, it could imply they were a doc who saved my rear end from Nat. But not even that would with for Humalong since he had already claimed to have some "traditionally scummy" role instead.

Don't go spoiling things if it'll implicate anyone I guess, but maybe just have another hard think about it amongst yourselves too check your work, seeing as ETR was already confused earlier about which role AA even claimed to him before?

He didn't specify his role until I asked in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eat The Rich posted:

He didn't specify his role until I asked in the thread.

asked what, about the odds of two trackers?

• Locked thread