Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Podima posted:

- Never completed this (he just posted in responses to other people's assessment of the humalong/somber votes)
not that it matters now, but i started working on a post analyzing the votes of humalong and somber. had like 15 posts quoted to show exactly how the wagon shifted from humalong to somber. but computer restarted overnight and i lost that post. if the thread picks up/people start contributing more i would be willing to spend the time constructing a similar post. basically, my takeaway was that the early humalong votes (~first 5) and the first few people to switch to somber consisted of different players. the only players who were early on both wagons were ypm and bif. note this is all from memory so feel free to disagree with my take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Eat The Rich, did he claim results from last night in the masonry or not?

Eat The Rich posted:

I've told my date and I think Humalong is town based on the results I got last night.

AA didn't get any decisive results afaict

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think I have reason to believe hum is town but without implicating other players who are probably town, all I can say is that I don't think it's a good vote

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

asked what, about the odds of two trackers?

:thunk: I think I see where you're going with this.

Eat The Rich, who claimed their role first in the masonry?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Eat The Rich posted:

He didn't specify his role until I asked in the thread.

False. I claimed.the full title of the role first then specified that variant was different than a trackers. Look in our steamy locker room sesh to find out I speak true now as I did then.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah, I gotta say from my unique perspective as well that I also buy the idea he took a scorched earth approach to the potential Reverse Jafar scenario

just so you know in a possible Reverse Jafar scenario this is you:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

False. I claimed.the full title of the role first then specified that variant was different than a trackers. Look in our steamy locker room sesh to find out I speak true now as I did then.

Ah poo poo. Immediate correction. I explained my role to him instead of naming it since he was newer then clarified after the misconception.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

He explained what his role was and I assumed it was a tracker because I didn't know no better.

pre:
Anomalous AmalgamLast Friday at 7:52 AM
I can visit a player to see what actions were performed on a player but not who did it, and I'm thinking about targeting [REDACTED]
he tends to get tossed under the bus if he doesn't lurk to mylo
Eat The RichLast Friday at 8:06 AM
I'm also a tracker. I chose [REDACTED]. I was originally gonna track you but you've been doing the most scum hunting and it seemed like a waste lol
Anomalous AmalgamLast Friday at 8:08 AM
haha that's a fair play. I guess it'll be good to see what connections we get off of [REDACTED]. I'll let you know if I see anything on [REDACTED].

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Podima posted:

Eat The Rich, did he claim results from last night in the masonry or not?

He did but there were no actions.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
idk if you can post mason logs....

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

idk if you can post mason logs....

I've recently learned quoting is fine.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

The rules don't mention it. :shrug:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

not that it matters now, but i started working on a post analyzing the votes of humalong and somber. had like 15 posts quoted to show exactly how the wagon shifted from humalong to somber. but computer restarted overnight and i lost that post. if the thread picks up/people start contributing more i would be willing to spend the time constructing a similar post. basically, my takeaway was that the early humalong votes (~first 5) and the first few people to switch to somber consisted of different players. the only players who were early on both wagons were ypm and bif. note this is all from memory so feel free to disagree with my take

Reasonable, we basically ended the day with almost a 50-50 split. But does that lead you to any thoughts about YPM/Bif?

The votes on Somber were:

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (8): Bifauxnen, Moatillata, Podima, Bifauxnen, Podima, Podima, Your Personal Muse, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, Mr. Humalong, Eat The Rich, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Bifauxnen

I was the 2nd vote on Somber, followed by YPM/Hal (Moat unvoted here), and then it piled back up from there. I notice now that Moat ended the day swapping off of Somber to vote Huma.

Moatillata posted:

Imo it's weirder that he hasn't claimed it to you guys he seemed completely unaware that it might have some negative connotations which is fitting with his status as a newer player

But yeah I'm gonna go with my gut because I am percolating some other ideas atm

Moat, por favor to be explaining these other ideas sil vous plait.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Eat The Rich posted:

I'll clear this up since they're afk and I need posts.

He's a voyeur.

I tracked Hum, not AA. I can't really give much more without implicating a third person, but the crumbs are there.

What result did you get? Did it show me visiting someone? I was told my action was unsuccessful so I知 curious if I was roleblocked or if something else is at play here.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you have OOT communications you may quote but not post direct screenshots.

Except with me, you can't quote those, I'm a ghost and do not exist.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

What result did you get? Did it show me visiting someone? I was told my action was unsuccessful so I’m curious if I was roleblocked or if something else is at play here.

Oh poo poo. That changes things.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote tomm

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also just left work and driving home in a thunderstorm so if I never post again I died IRL and I知 sorry I never got to play as a jester.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Eat The Rich posted:

He did but there were no actions.

So he claimed no results, basically. AA is dancing around it but it looks like he's basing Huma's townie status on ETR's track results.

Doesn't let AA off the hook (especially since I still strongly doubt a dual-townie-observer-power-role-masonry's existence) though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

So he claimed no results, basically. AA is dancing around it but it looks like he's basing Huma's townie status on ETR's track results.

Doesn't let AA off the hook (especially since I still strongly doubt a dual-townie-observer-power-role-masonry's existence) though.

Asiina has literally done it before

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Also my results were that I saw nothing. No results are results.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyhow tomm is probably a roleblocker

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anyhow tomm is probably a roleblocker

Elaborate.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

If you have OOT communications you may quote but not post direct screenshots.

Except with me, you can't quote those, I'm a ghost and do not exist.

AWESOME

Bifchat posted:

Chrom and Robin of course, almost got Fred and Lissa now
still got a lot of work to do on Kellam and Olivia but it's gotta happen haha
oh Henry and Tharja, forgot to mention them too
I was thinking Sumia could go with that Stahl guy who's just... there
nothing wrong with him he's just this pretty normal nice ordinary guy that I barely remember exists

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

What result did you get? Did it show me visiting someone? I was told my action was unsuccessful so I知 curious if I was roleblocked or if something else is at play here.

I actually tracked Tommunist to you.

##vote Tommunist

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm I have some doubts about AA after all this

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Eat The Rich posted:

##vote Tommunist

oh this is interesting

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Eat The Rich posted:

##vote Tommunist

:yosnice: ##vote Tommunist

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Elaborate.

Since it's all out in the open. Etr tracked tomm to hum. Tomm said he wouldnt vote hum. I took it as a cop crumb, etr further specified he thought he might also be a weak or variant investigative like ourselves from a comment tomm made and my theory that the game might he designed to make night action mafia ineffectual based on us being in a masonry and being tracker and voyeur together.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm I have some doubts about AA after all this

Never mind I misunderstood something

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I would like to note that I used my night action on Tommunist. It's possible that Hum was visited by more than one person.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Would you be willing to say who you tried to use your action on?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
im not sold on tomm as scum right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Eat The Rich posted:

I would like to note that I used my night action on Tommunist. It's possible that Hum was visited by more than one person.

Ah, yeah. I like to jump to conclusions. Fair point.

##unvote

##vote ypm

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

im not sold on tomm as scum right now.

b-minus1 posted:

agreed. i'm scared to unvote my humalong vote even though it was clearly made during jokephase.

you know what, f*ck it ##vote tommunist

b-minus1 posted:

I like where your head's at though. im reading through some post histories now

quick reads of a few players that are completely unsupported by any casework aka just my Feels
scum leans:
Hal
pera
tommunist
eat the rich
moat

town leans:
nat20
ypm
AA
podima

If we lynch hum and he flips scum we should turbo tommunist tomorrow IMHO

b-minus1 posted:

Somber anon tommunist scum team gg everyone

What changed your mind?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Since it's all out in the open. Etr tracked tomm to hum. Tomm said he wouldnt vote hum. I took it as a cop crumb, etr further specified he thought he might also be a weak or variant investigative like ourselves from a comment tomm made and my theory that the game might he designed to make night action mafia ineffectual based on us being in a masonry and being tracker and voyeur together.

Tommunist posted:

I wouldnt vote for mr humalong today

Ok this is fair. ##unvote

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree that this would be valuable information.

In general I'm a bit concerned about so many power roles being outed, but it's looking increasingly like this is a role madness game so that may just be how it is.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Eat The Rich posted:

What changed your mind?

i was suspicious of tomm yesterday, and he could be scum. but even with this new information we have, I'm not ready to vote him (or anyone tbf). but podima continues to give me scum pings, especially after that quick vote (and now unvote) of tomm.

and my " somber anon tomm scumteam" post was not serious. i thought that was obvious

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

gently caress it, scum are just gonna roleblock me every night anyway. I targeted Nat20.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not voting Humalong or Tommunist today, that was too fast of a shot from the hip.

I'm back to looking at Moat at this point. Humalong, has there been any further conversation in masonchat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Even if Tomm was a roleblocker, I wouldn稚 jump to a vote. Hum would be the choice for a town roleblocker, not a scum one (so long as I知 remembering correctly that hum had a scummy role)

• Locked thread