Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Podima posted:

Not voting Humalong or Tommunist today, that was too fast of a shot from the hip.

I'm back to looking at Moat at this point. Humalong, has there been any further conversation in masonchat?

What do you mean that was too fast of a shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Decline to answer in detail, my brain immediately jumped to Tomm having been responsible for Huma's action failing without considering other possibilities.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Not voting Humalong or Tommunist today, that was too fast of a shot from the hip.

I'm back to looking at Moat at this point. Humalong, has there been any further conversation in masonchat?

There’s been some. Let me get to my PC because quoting discord on my phone is a pain in the rear end.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Podima posted:

Decline to answer in detail, my brain immediately jumped to Tomm having been responsible for Huma's action failing without considering other possibilities.

You are declining to answer my question in detail?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Since we are short on time, the gist of our conversation was me being mad about Somber flipping town, Moat saying he might die n1. I gave him a shortlist of 3 people I was considering using my night action on and asked his opinion, he told me it was my call. Then he told me that if I’m scum it would be rude of me to kill him without telling him the other members of my team. I said “Likewise” and he replied that killing me n1 would be a waste as scum considering how poorly Day 1 went for me.

Then once day 2 started I told him about my action on Nat failing and that I suspected I was roleblocked and he told me that “feels like horseshit” and then he asked what would Burt Reynolds do and I asked what would Mac Miller do and we haven’t spoken since.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Your Personal Muse posted:

You are declining to answer my question in detail?

Yep!

(Less flippantly: I have role-based reasons to believe Tommunist is not a roleblocker that were not apparent with the information initially provided, but do not want to fullclaim at this time unnecessarily.)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wait so Nat wouldve been roleblocked from killing me but actually wasn't, so something else also stopped him, loving lol

That's what you get for trying to fight the law of the mafia universe

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure Humalong has actually claimed being a town roleblocker, it's just a probable supposition.

Here is a question for the group:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Since it's all out in the open. Etr tracked tomm to hum. Tomm said he wouldnt vote hum. I took it as a cop crumb, etr further specified he thought he might also be a weak or variant investigative like ourselves from a comment tomm made and my theory that the game might he designed to make night action mafia ineffectual based on us being in a masonry and being tracker and voyeur together.

This is a bit into tinfoil territory, but why is a townie looking for cop breadcrumbs?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I tracked humalong night 1. He didnt go anywhere. I decided that while this doesnt mean hes automatically town, that i could focus on someone else today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

I'm not sure Humalong has actually claimed being a town roleblocker, it's just a probable supposition.

Here is a question for the group:

This is a bit into tinfoil territory, but why is a townie looking for cop breadcrumbs?

I wasn't. It was a logical deduction from masonchat and that being posted in thread. It was the reasonable assumption I felt.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommunist posted:

I tracked humalong night 1. He didnt go anywhere. I decided that while this doesnt mean hes automatically town, that i could focus on someone else today.

Two trackers and a watcher (variant)?!?!

Also yeah I’m not a roleblocker.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

:thunk:

TWO trackers?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Pod you sure are fishing a lot. Not that a contested tracker claim is good...

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
And a Voy?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The only way I see so many trackers is scum with some ninjas or masonry limitations

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommunist posted:

wait so there ARE two trackers but they're not the ones in the same masonry :psyduck:

can we just think about all this night action poo poo overnight instead of rushing it at deadline and vote for someone actually acting scummy

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Podima posted:

TWO trackers?

That was my first thought too

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

##unvote

Meant to do this earlier. I'm gonna be afk pretty shortly past the end of the day.

YPM is looking pretty good for lunch especially after aiming an OMGUS at AA after AA laid down his case against YPM. Although I might be a little biased since we're at the prom together.

##vote YPM

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Bifauxnen posted:

wait so there ARE two trackers but they're not the ones in the same masonry :psyduck:

can we just think about all this night action poo poo overnight instead of rushing it at deadline and vote for someone actually acting scummy

Agreed.

##vote Podima

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Eat The Rich posted:

##unvote

Meant to do this earlier. I'm gonna be afk pretty shortly past the end of the day.

YPM is looking pretty good for lunch especially after aiming an OMGUS at AA after AA laid down his case against YPM. Although I might be a little biased since we're at the prom together.

##vote YPM

I voted for AA before he voted me hth

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

Since we are short on time, the gist of our conversation was me being mad about Somber flipping town, Moat saying he might die n1. I gave him a shortlist of 3 people I was considering using my night action on and asked his opinion, he told me it was my call. Then he told me that if I’m scum it would be rude of me to kill him without telling him the other members of my team. I said “Likewise” and he replied that killing me n1 would be a waste as scum considering how poorly Day 1 went for me.

Then once day 2 started I told him about my action on Nat failing and that I suspected I was roleblocked and he told me that “feels like horseshit” and then he asked what would Burt Reynolds do and I asked what would Mac Miller do and we haven’t spoken since.

actually, i take that back. moat pings me more than pod. ##unvote. ##vote moat

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

actually, i take that back. moat pings me more than pod. ##unvote. ##vote moat

I didn't really get scum vibes from our conversation in discord, is there anything specific pinging you?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also I apologize for being nothing much more than a sad sack this game day, work was extra draining this week.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay, I'm about to head to bed and this whole multi tracker thing is heating up.

I'm going to rest my vote on someone I thought was scummy at day start for read reasons.

##vote Hal

I'll be around for a bit but unless there's something compelling elsewhere this is where my vote will stick.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

Okay, I'm about to head to bed and this whole multi tracker thing is heating up.

I'm going to rest my vote on someone I thought was scummy at day start for read reasons.

##vote Hal

I'll be around for a bit but unless there's something compelling elsewhere this is where my vote will stick.

I actually agree. Hal gently pushed Somber (and me) all of day 1, and hasn't done much except role fish and gently poke at bif and me today. I don't know his meta so I have no idea if this is how he always plays, but it's not exactly pinging town for me.

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry I have been pretty busy all weekend and I did most of my chatting with my mason partner instead of here. I admit I haven't been great so far this game. But I'm not the scum, just not focused.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Hal Incandenza (2): Natural 20, Mr. Humalong
Your Personal Muse (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Eat The Rich
Moatillata (1): b-minus1
AnAnonymousIdiot (1): Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Your Personal Muse
Podima (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Mr. Humalong (0): Natural 20, Natural 20
Tommunist (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Eat The Rich, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Eat The Rich

Not Voting (5): AnAnonymousIdiot, Hal Incandenza, Moatillata, Podima, Tommunist

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 09th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 28 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ohhh deadline is sooner than I realized. I'm still suspicious of humalong for some stuff today but my heart tells me his posting is pretty townie. I'm going to ##vote AA now, because I really feel like this is his scum game. He's generally more confident as scum IMO and so far this game he's coming off more self-assured and less of his "I'm so bad at this" town play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also AAI please come in and post and vote and avoid a repeat of what happened yesterday

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also AAI please come in and post and vote and avoid a repeat of what happened yesterday

I've been looking forward to him strolling in like he hasn't been missing all game day and throwing out a panicked last-minute vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

I didn't really get scum vibes from our conversation in discord, is there anything specific pinging you?

mainly a lingering meta read. but i thought the stuff you mentioned about moat in your mason chat was suspicious, like not even entertaining the possibility that you were roleblocked + no communication today (and i thought the reason you brought it up were because you were suspicious of him haha)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

mainly a lingering meta read. but i thought the stuff you mentioned about moat in your mason chat was suspicious, like not even entertaining the possibility that you were roleblocked + no communication today (and i thought the reason you brought it up were because you were suspicious of him haha)

Well Pod asked, but I figured there wasn't a ton of mason chat because he's in Vegas and I'm working OT every day. I did tell him my action failed on nat a few hours after the thread opened, but I had been at work and was just catching up on the thread when I told him. Still conceivable he's town and thinks I'm lying and picked someone who claimed today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

We have just under 2 hours and it's a 3-way tie in votes. I don't even know if people are around or not, but if they are we should really start discussing who to consolidate the vote on. Of the 3 people with 2 votes I feel Hal and YPM are the scummiest. I get a neutral read from Moat because masonchat muddies my radar. I don't think AAI is scum, even though they're lurking like one. I get a town read from AA, but 3 Tracker/Watcher claims is uh...it's something.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
i have a slight scum lean on hal but not ypm. would rather vote moat or podima.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

i have a slight scum lean on hal but not ypm. would rather vote moat or podima.

What is it you see in Podima

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

No one seems to want to join me in voting AI, so my next choice would be Hum. Half the hemming and hawing about voting him again sounds like it was based off night action bingo that doesn't actually mean much of anything yet. The other half is "wait he sounds townie now after all", but I'm not entirely convinced he didn't just pull up and manage to stop slipping up responding to me.

If Tommunist isn't the cop after all, I wouldn't mind voting him for lurking. Hal might be a better choice though since Nat's got his vote parked there for the night.

AA and Moat would be ok backup choices, but I still think Moat sounded more legit than Hum in how he pressed me when he was active yesterday.

Maybe ETR too as a last ditch "cull a tracker" option, actually.

Ok, that's all the people I'd possibly want to lunch today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

If Tommunist isn't the cop after all

He claimed to be a second tracker already.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

He claimed to be a second tracker already.

Specifically, he claimed he tracked me and ETR claimed he tracked Tomm.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This vote spread is not looking good.

Would vote Ypm bee and maybe tomm for the tracker claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

No one seems to want to join me in voting AI, so my next choice would be Hum. Half the hemming and hawing about voting him again sounds like it was based off night action bingo that doesn't actually mean much of anything yet. The other half is "wait he sounds townie now after all", but I'm not entirely convinced he didn't just pull up and manage to stop slipping up responding to me.

If Tommunist isn't the cop after all, I wouldn't mind voting him for lurking. Hal might be a better choice though since Nat's got his vote parked there for the night.

AA and Moat would be ok backup choices, but I still think Moat sounded more legit than Hum in how he pressed me when he was active yesterday.

Maybe ETR too as a last ditch "cull a tracker" option, actually.

Ok, that's all the people I'd possibly want to lunch today.

And if Tomm was a cop wouldn't his claim that he doesn't want to vote me kind of kill your push on me? Something isn't adding up in your post for me and I'm not sure if it's just because I'm beyond tired or what.

• Locked thread