Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

SpazmasterX posted:

There's literally almost no downside to being plastered at all times.

This changes a lot in YK2

Being drunk and walking is almost its own minigame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

This changes a lot in YK2

Being drunk and walking is almost its own minigame

Only if you're at 8 booze or more. Any less and it's the same as always, a slightly higher encounter rate/aggro range.

Also, they're very aware that people like that cabaret mini-game, huh? I just played the FOTNS demo and they make it very clear it's in there too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Gaz-L posted:

Also, they're very aware that people like that cabaret mini-game, huh? I just played the FOTNS demo and they make it very clear it's in there too.

Wait what?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat that music.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also not like they just ported it because they were being lazy either, there's a bunch of other side activities that AREN'T in other Yakuza/RGG games, so they specifically made sure to bring the hostess minigame over.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sayama I like you and all but can you please gently caress off for 5 seconds jeez, I have extremely important Dragon of Dojima business* to take care of and your non-renewable health bar is cramping my style here.

*may look like loving around to the untrained eye

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just beat Kiwami 2 and Majima's side story today, great game. Fighting as Majima wasn't too fun but it was worth it for the beginning and ending cutscenes of Chapter 3. I'm just going to pretend the Yakuza series ended at 2 where Kiryu, Sayama, and Haruka live happily ever after instead of what we got in 6, where Kiryu is a lonely old man watching camgirls

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As opposed to in Kiwami 2, where he's a lonely old man paying to film custom gravure videos?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
lol you can kill customers for being rowdy

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
YK2: Chapter 11

I meet Kaoru on the bridge and she wonders out loud if she might be one of the Jingweon survivors, meaning she might be Korean.

I made this prediction back in chapter 1, but now that the game says it out loud I’m second guessing it and wondering if the game is faking me out. This is a great feeling of uncertainty!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i'm deeply disappointed that the hostesses aren't raiders

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lore-wise opening a hostess club in fotns-world seems like the worst idea in the history of ideas, but it's also insanely funny

of course the real reason it exists is "nagoshi is horny as hell at all times and won't work on this game unless we put babes in it"

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Do they have an open-air room for the 100ft tall guys?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gotta say, I'm really digging Yakuza 5 this second time through. Didn't like it when I initially played it but it's a helluva game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lol yakuza 0. talking about the days when a vcr with a timer cost $1000

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

still laughing at Mana's Yak0 story.

Oh I've never been in love.
Lately when I come to work I've been having these weird chest pains!
*Majima stabs harassers with a knife repeatedly*
Hehehe Majima you're a nice guy. :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that the hostesses all react to Majima with a mixture of,"You're do dreamy I'm desperately in love with you," and,"Hey old man, what's it like being so ancient and decrepit?"

Edit: Of course with Kiryu the ladies are all,"Oh my God you're so handsome and your voice is so sexy but holy gently caress you're dumber than a bag full of hammers when it comes to girls."

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Synthbuttrange posted:

still laughing at Mana's Yak0 story.

Oh I've never been in love.
Lately when I come to work I've been having these weird chest pains!
*Majima stabs harassers with a knife repeatedly*
Hehehe Majima you're a nice guy. :3:

I am doing this exact loving thing you are not gonna stop me god dammit amon why do you want me to interact with my top girls

I might have to grind out 23 more CP for the Good poo poo That Is Limit Breaker

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

....what the gently caress is the JCC!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

....what the gently caress is the JCC!!

Prove to me you're wealthy enough and I'll let you know :smug:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jerusalem posted:

Prove to me you're wealthy enough and I'll let you know :smug:

at first I was like oh poo poo this is crazy, and then I saw the betting lines

i'm gonna get so rich off this

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
JCC is the worst minigame in the entire yakuza series including spinoffs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The telephone club was funny despite the background videos, but yeah the JCC is just skeevy and creepy and I was glad to get it out of the way and not go back.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tweet my meat posted:

JCC is the worst minigame in the entire yakuza series including spinoffs

dont disparage my gaijin waifu like that

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Max bet on the schoolteacher, mash skip.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

The White Dragon posted:

dont disparage my gaijin waifu like that

Her voice clips are the one good thing about it.

Do any of the yakuza games have horse race gambling? A kinda detailed horse racing simulator would be really fun if it had a bit of depth to it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

Her voice clips are the one good thing about it.

Do any of the yakuza games have horse race gambling? A kinda detailed horse racing simulator would be really fun if it had a bit of depth to it.

Do the japanese play the ponies on the reg, though.

Remember, it's primarily set in Tokyo's Red Light District sooooo...

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How do I turn on manual saves in Yakuza 0?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

The telephone club was funny despite the background videos, but yeah the JCC is just skeevy and creepy and I was glad to get it out of the way and not go back.

it's not even close to the skeeviness that is the photo studio in kiwami 2

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

at first I was like oh poo poo this is crazy, and then I saw the betting lines

i'm gonna get so rich off this

Well, probably not.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beat the main game (amazing) and the Majima Saga (very short and light on content but the ending was nice)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

How do I turn on manual saves in Yakuza 0?

Manual saves are the only saves (at any phone booth, visible on the map as a big S in a box)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
mother of loving christ i survived that last clan creator battle with the skin of my teeth

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Synthbuttrange posted:

Manual saves are the only saves (at any phone booth, visible on the map as a big S in a box)
There was an option to do it anywhere the last time I played last month.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

widespread posted:

If they'd ever made a Sleeping Dogs 2 they could have done a horse racing subplot :smith:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

widespread posted:

yes but it's all digital in arcades and only old rear end dudes play it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

There was an option to do it anywhere the last time I played last month.

internet says:

quote:

Make sure that 'hidden files' are showing in Windows.

Go to Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Sega\Yakuza0.

Open settings.ini and change SaveAnywhere=0 to SaveAnywhere=1.

You will now be able to access a 'save' option in the settings menu.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

widespread posted:

I went to high school with a Japanese foreign exchange student who was like 3 years older than the rest of us and showed us pictures of him as a professional horse racer in Japan. It was cool.

Also they make a ton of horse racing games in Japan for some reason, like Tecmo Koei (the Dynasty Warriors guys) have a decades-old franchise dedicated to grooming, training, and racing horses. Japan loves horses I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

yes but it's all digital in arcades and only old rear end dudes play it

Shame it's all digital. You could get stuff like this:

Source: Some Indian Reservation in California I went to once or twice. See also: This one quarter betting machine in Vegas that's like this but even more old-fashioned.

Policenaut posted:

I went to high school with a Japanese foreign exchange student who was like 3 years older than the rest of us and showed us pictures of him as a professional horse racer in Japan. It was cool.

Also they make a ton of horse racing games in Japan for some reason, like Tecmo Koei (the Dynasty Warriors guys) have a decades-old franchise dedicated to grooming, training, and racing horses. Japan loves horses I guess?

I remember that weird Japan World Cup that actually had randomized races on a DVD player. They don't make those anymore, do they?