Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I do think my night action mafia less viable theory becomes more real if tomm is legitimately a tracker though and their may even be other similar variant roles among us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

And if Tomm was a cop wouldn't his claim that he doesn't want to vote me kind of kill your push on me? Something isn't adding up in your post for me and I'm not sure if it's just because I'm beyond tired or what.

right. But he is not a cop. So that interlude went nowhere.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol, never change

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This vote spread is not looking good.

Would vote Ypm bee and maybe tomm for the tracker claim

:drat: :stare: those are the only players you want to vote ?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The only person with any votes on them that I would not vote is AAI. Of the non AAs, I have a preference toward Hal because he seems to be intentionally keeping a low profile. I also have a lower preference toward Pod because he isn’t pushing anything, he’s just lobbing reads out there.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Hal Incandenza (2): Natural 20, Mr. Humalong
Anomalous Amalgam (2): Your Personal Muse, Hal Incandenza
Your Personal Muse (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Eat The Rich
Moatillata (1): b-minus1
AnAnonymousIdiot (1): Bifauxnen, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Podima (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Mr. Humalong (0): Natural 20, Natural 20
Tommunist (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Eat The Rich, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Eat The Rich

Not Voting (4): AnAnonymousIdiot, Moatillata, Podima, Tommunist

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 09th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 18 minutes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

:drat: :stare: those are the only players you want to vote ?

I mean I have cases for you three is all, and all I know for certain from night is etr claimed a track on tomm and tomm claimed a track on hum and I got no results on my voyeur target so I don't see the problem?

Your Personal Muse posted:

The only person with any votes on them that I would not vote is AAI. Of the non AAs, I have a preference toward Hal because he seems to be intentionally keeping a low profile. I also have a lower preference toward Pod because he isn’t pushing anything, he’s just lobbing reads out there.

I will say I agree with this pod read 100% though.

Feels like he's catching up to avoid mod punishment and fishing more so than actually casing.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok so going off of this, between ETR and Tomm which would you prefer to vote for? You mentioned voting Tomm if he's not a cop because he's lurking and, well, he's not a cop. ETR has also lurked, though not as blatantly in my eyes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Let me reread Pod's posts today.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I will also add I don’t like Pod’s vote on Tomm, it felt opportunistic and did not pressure. If you thought about it for two seconds you would realize that it didn’t say anything about Tomm’s alignment.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Your Personal Muse posted:

I will also add I don’t like Pod’s vote on Tomm, it felt opportunistic and did not pressure. If you thought about it for two seconds you would realize that it didn’t say anything about Tomm’s alignment.

Agreed. That vote did not sit well with me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok so going off of this, between ETR and Tomm which would you prefer to vote for? You mentioned voting Tomm if he's not a cop because he's lurking and, well, he's not a cop. ETR has also lurked, though not as blatantly in my eyes.

I'd rather vote Tomm from those two. ETR is more engaged and is reportedly talking things through with AA. That looks like he's actually trying to work things out. Though if Tomm is scum, I don't know why he'd come forward with a tracker claim when it would already be contested. Unless he didn't want to get nailed for trying to play it like he's the cop.

I'd rather vote AI though cause this poo poo is ridiculous

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote Podima

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I was physically not present this weekend and did a full catch-up post that everyone seems content to ignore, eat my shorts.

My vote on Tomm was a "aha we caught a roleblocker" that I second-guessed once I thought about it for a hot minute.

The "not pushing anyone" is nonsense, I was very clear about who I had scum reads on, and would still vote Moat.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Podima posted:

I was physically not present this weekend and did a full catch-up post that everyone seems content to ignore, eat my shorts.

My vote on Tomm was a "aha we caught a roleblocker" that I second-guessed once I thought about it for a hot minute.

The "not pushing anyone" is nonsense, I was very clear about who I had scum reads on, and would still vote Moat.
:thunk:

Podima posted:

Lean Scum

Hal Incandenza (LEAN SCUM)
- Fairly noncommittal during Day 1, went back and forth between huma/Somber (I see some hedging here, in retrospect)
- Mostly surface-level engagement
- I have a hard time reading Hal in general, but I could see him as scum here. I need more today.

Moatillata (LEAN SCUM)
- Backed Huma based on masonchat even though Huma claimed a scummy role (but did mention a bunch of minuses against him)
- Said Bif felt scummy on D1 and dropped pretty fast - has not revisited on Day 2, I want to see this today
- Called for analyzing the votes on D1, has not done so (traveling, but still)
- Tinfoil hat about his rallying for votes near end of D1, if Somber and Huma are both town this could have been a way to get Cred.

Tommunist (LEAN SCUM)
- Latched onto Humalong for a pretty tenuous early game case (agreed w/o vote)
- Promised more takes, has just been coasting at this point without providing them.

Hal has 2 votes
AA has 2 votes
I just unvoted Moat, so he's at 0.

You would vote moat, but not Hal?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also since there's so much poo poo out there already I may as well make it super clear to town since I alluded stuff already:

I'm a jailer, I jailed Nat20 last night. That's why his action and Huma's failed, and why I don't feel Tomm is a roleblocker. (Like I said, I didn't think about Huma having failed due to targeting Nat20, so when I realized that I immediately pulled it back.) I also thought about it for a hot minute and realized Asiina wouldn't put a cop in her games, so Tomm claiming tracker is reasonable.

I'm also in an unconfirmed masonry with Hal, who has claimed Watcher to me. In a world where we have a claimed Voyeur and two Trackers, a Watcher sits very poorly with me - and is a very plausible scum role, moreso than a tracker. Hal and my masonry conversation has generally been neutral, but I still have general gutfeels about him that I don't like.

In summation: I'd ##vote moat most of all since I think Huma is town and moat has really not put much poo poo out there besides that and an abortive read on Bif that he never revisited. I would also vote Hal or AA in no particular priority.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, and Hal claimed to have targeted "not Nat20" last night and had his action fail. Upon further consideration I actually think that's bullshit. ##vote Hal

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh my god the power roles

FOUR TRACKER/WATCHERS MY GOD

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh my god the power roles

FOUR TRACKER/WATCHERS MY GOD

My theory is panning out if he is a watcher though. I think with 3 claimed a 4th should be more believable not less... especially if hal claimed it before the thread reveals.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lol

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

My theory is panning out if he is a watcher though. I think with 3 claimed a 4th should be more believable not less... especially if hal claimed it before the thread reveals.

He claimed it in masonry before Tomm's tracker claim.

I still think this is way too many observing roles, and watcher is the most valuable to scum (identifying power roles).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
btw i thought hal was softclaiming AAI as his mason partner:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also AAI please come in and post and vote and avoid a repeat of what happened yesterday
guess i was wrong. hmmm

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Podima posted:

He claimed it in masonry before Tomm's tracker claim.

I still think this is way too many observing roles, and watcher is the most valuable to scum (identifying power roles).

scum jailer is more valuable to scum than a watcher

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

Are you going on record as saying that you believe town has a voyeur, two trackers, and a watcher?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

This is true.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Podima posted:

Are you going on record as saying that you believe town has a voyeur, two trackers, and a watcher?

lol. no. one or more of those claims could be bullshit. I agree that a scum watcher seems more likely than a tracker or voyeur. i was merely pointing out that a jailer could easily be a scum role.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Also since there's so much poo poo out there already I may as well make it super clear to town since I alluded stuff already:

I'm a jailer, I jailed Nat20 last night. That's why his action and Huma's failed, and why I don't feel Tomm is a roleblocker. (Like I said, I didn't think about Huma having failed due to targeting Nat20, so when I realized that I immediately pulled it back.) I also thought about it for a hot minute and realized Asiina wouldn't put a cop in her games, so Tomm claiming tracker is reasonable.

I'm also in an unconfirmed masonry with Hal, who has claimed Watcher to me. In a world where we have a claimed Voyeur and two Trackers, a Watcher sits very poorly with me - and is a very plausible scum role, moreso than a tracker. Hal and my masonry conversation has generally been neutral, but I still have general gutfeels about him that I don't like.

In summation: I'd ##vote moat most of all since I think Huma is town and moat has really not put much poo poo out there besides that and an abortive read on Bif that he never revisited. I would also vote Hal or AA in no particular priority.

You're gaming the mod for your justifications. I wouldn't have a problem with it if you hadnt already tried to dismiss the notion.

Podima posted:

So he claimed no results, basically. AA is dancing around it but it looks like he's basing Huma's townie status on ETR's track results.

Doesn't let AA off the hook (especially since I still strongly doubt a dual-townie-observer-power-role-masonry's existence) though.

I mean I also used mod meta to defend it. But now you're floating a hard role elimination from the setup altogether to justify Tomms claim...

I am curious if that's true mod meta. But it's your sudden shift in tone about it, and disbelief in hals watcher claim that pings me.

I think you've been spraying out opinions that look good but hold little real conviction.

And now you've outed your partner. I can't see a scum incentive for doing that though unless you thought town would find the claims unbelievable and eliminate him.

I buy that you jailed hum, but I have a hard time parsing that as a town move when you immediately voted tomm. Granted I did too. But I'm not claiming to also be a jailer lol

##vote pod

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

lol. no. one or more of those claims could be bullshit. I agree that a scum watcher seems more likely than a tracker or voyeur. i was merely pointing out that a jailer could easily be a scum role.

Sure, I don't disagree on principle. But I'm town, so there you are!

Also as an aside this is one of those situations I find immensely frustrating where I've made a point of being active when available, and yet I'm being criticized for "not pushing people" when you have folks like Tommunist and AAI - who, frustratingly, I don't even want to vote because I believe their claim/don't think their gameplay is personally scummy, respectively, versus the guy I'm voting.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I buy that you jailed hum

Wow there cowpoke

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You're gaming the mod for your justifications. I wouldn't have a problem with it if you hadnt already tried to dismiss the notion.

I mean I also used mod meta to defend it. But now you're floating a hard role elimination from the setup altogether to justify Tomms claim...

I am curious if that's true mod meta. But it's your sudden shift in tone about it, and disbelief in hals watcher claim that pings me.

I think you've been spraying out opinions that look good but hold little real conviction.

And now you've outed your partner. I can't see a scum incentive for doing that though unless you thought town would find the claims unbelievable and eliminate him.

I buy that you jailed hum, but I have a hard time parsing that as a town move when you immediately voted tomm. Granted I did too. But I'm not claiming to also be a jailer lol

##vote pod

1) Asiina has gone on record multiple times as saying cops are bad and she won't put them in their games. Do you think there is a cop in this game?

2) I jailed Nat20 because of his gameplay on D1, not Hum. Please read my posts.

3) Please point to my sum-up posts from earlier today and tell me what holds little real conviction?

4) I've outed my partner because I think he's potentially scum.

I would vote you for this garbage.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ok pod, you’ve convinced me for now. AA looking scummy af

Would vote Hal, moat, AA

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well shoot I guess the masonry is no fun now. I’ve been pretty suspicious of Pod anyway so ##vote Pod. I was definitely very forthcoming and not scummy at all in the masonry so I really don’t buy that is his read on me.

I am a watcher and I tried watching b-minus last night and specifically got “failed” as a result. So there is probably at least a roleblocker out there too if Pod is really a jailer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Any particular reason you know of that I wouldn’t be able to watch you b-minus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Any particular reason you know of that I wouldn’t be able to watch you b-minus

interesting. I have no idea why your action failed.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well shoot I guess the masonry is no fun now. I’ve been pretty suspicious of Pod anyway so ##vote Pod. I was definitely very forthcoming and not scummy at all in the masonry so I really don’t buy that is his read on me.

I am a watcher and I tried watching b-minus last night and specifically got “failed” as a result. So there is probably at least a roleblocker out there too if Pod is really a jailer

When did podima claim jailer/post n1 results in your mason chat? your post implies you think his claim is bs

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

You immediately tried to push me in the masonry for killing pera this morning on basis of "well you'd kill a lurker" which is patently not true with how I play as scum, and then dropped it immediately without bothering to bring it up in the thread after I responded.

Why did you choose b-minus as your watch target, Hal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

When did podima claim jailer/post n1 results in your mason chat? your post implies you think his claim is bs

Never, he just alluded to having a role after I claimed to him

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

I never claimed jailer in chat, I only claimed a town power role earlier today. I did not trust Hal enough to full claim, and would not full claim my power role in an unconfirmed masonry without compelling reason to.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

You immediately tried to push me in the masonry for killing pera this morning on basis of "well you'd kill a lurker" which is patently not true with how I play as scum, and then dropped it immediately without bothering to bring it up in the thread after I responded.

Why did you choose b-minus as your watch target, Hal?

Because b minus is an action magnet a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
so we have a potential 3 people who have claimed action fialed/ jailed someone

(mr humalong) (podima) (b-minus 1)

?

• Locked thread