Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It sounds like off set Finn Jones is a really awesome dude, it's just his character that was lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They had like a month to make it and it was the weakest outing to the Netflix shows. I found it mostly boring outside the Meachums. Don’t feel bad about liking it there’s much worse TV out there to watch.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Iron Fist was way better than Daredevil (because Daredevil is poo poo). Luke Cage is the only one of those Marvel Netflix shows that's actually good though, and even it's a bit inconsistent in season one.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Argue posted:

SHIELD should do an episode where they get reports of a buried alien and find that it's an amnesiac speedster from another dimension, played by Grant Gustin Keiynan Lonsdale. They'd probably rehab that character way better than they could on his actual show.

Fixed that for you. If Flash isn't going to use Wally, SHIELD might as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This how already rehabbed Wally and it took less than 2 episodes!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Up to Flash Season 4 and it's already better than Seasons 2 and 3.

Kind of not looking forward to finishing up Arrow now.

Edit: Oh god, the Council of Wells :allears:

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 2, 2018

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

Tarquinn posted:

Makes perfect sense to me. Not sure why Iron Fist (the series) got such a bad rep. :)

a lot of it is due to reviews from before the show even aired, written by people who were apoplectic that rich white kid Danny Rand wasn't being played by an asian dude

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was really a whole snowball of things for Iron Fist. People were high on Daredevil S1, Jessica Jones, and the first half of Luke Cage but then the second half of LC and DD S2 started to turn the tide of reviews. Iron Fist seemed to be the most troubled production of the bunch with people unsure if it was even happening which ends up leaving a negative impression on the people who follow this stuff closely. There was the racial debate of whether Danny should be a white dude even though he always has been or if it was racist to begin with and should be changed. Iron Fist has all that mysticism and dragon stuff that was only really alluded to in the season. The actor wasn't a trained martial artist and the fights disappointed people. Danny was an atypical hero in his naive childlike representation and very easy to dislike. The Hand kind of sucked through the entire Defenders line.

Plus it was about time for the "Season 3" turn in sentiment on the Defenders.

It just all added up and Iron Fist got poo poo on hard. Some deserved, most of it understandable, but HARD.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SardonicTyrant posted:

Up to Flash Season 4 and it's already better than Seasons 2 and 3.

Kind of not looking forward to finishing up Arrow now.

Edit: Oh god, the Council of Wells :allears:

Would I be missing much if I jump into Flash S4 without bothering with S2 and S3? I've basically given up on every CW DC show but LoT.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's already a thread for Marvel TV shows, use that instead.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Would I be missing much if I jump into Flash S4 without bothering with S2 and S3? I've basically given up on every CW DC show but LoT.

The only thing you really need to know about Flash S3 is that it ended with Barry trapped in the Speed Force.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I started losing patience with Flash in Season 2. Aside from the Earth-2 moments, which I really enjoyed, Seasons 2 and 3 felt like such joyless slogs after the lunacy and fun of Season 1. I came back for 4, and even though I ended up skipping episodes, I liked 4 much more than 2 and 3. The presence of Ralph Dibny helped immensely (always loved the character, and Hartley Sawyer is doing a great job), and I appreciated having a big bad who wasn't yet another speedster.

I completely gave up on Arrow during its last season (6) after the December break. I'm sure it was okay, but nothing interested me enough to return. Did I make a mistake? For what it's worth, I thought 1 got good a little before the halfway point, loved 2, thought 3 and 4 were joyless slogs, and 5 got really good again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I started losing patience with Flash in Season 2. Aside from the Earth-2 moments, which I really enjoyed, Seasons 2 and 3 felt like such joyless slogs after the lunacy and fun of Season 1. I came back for 4, and even though I ended up skipping episodes, I liked 4 much more than 2 and 3. The presence of Ralph Dibny helped immensely (always loved the character, and Hartley Sawyer is doing a great job), and I appreciated having a big bad who wasn't yet another speedster.

I completely gave up on Arrow during its last season (6) after the December break. I'm sure it was okay, but nothing interested me enough to return. Did I make a mistake? For what it's worth, I thought 1 got good a little before the halfway point, loved 2, thought 3 and 4 were joyless slogs, and 5 got really good again.

Yeah Flash Season 4 was worth sticking out. It got a little sadsack miserable in the middle and late end, but it actually earned the right to be sad this time and was otherwise pretty fun this year. Psychic Cecile was a real treat and I'm glad Danielle Nicolet is a main cast member next year along with Hartley Sawyer.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah Flash Season 4 was worth sticking out. It got a little sadsack miserable in the middle and late end, but it actually earned the right to be sad this time and was otherwise pretty fun this year. Psychic Cecile was a real treat and I'm glad Danielle Nicolet is a main cast member next year along with Hartley Sawyer.
I disagree but a lot of people really liked it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

How the hell did CW let them get away with Crisis on Earth-X? I mean, the constant swatztikas should've been the nail in the coffin, but that was some serious Wolfenstein poo poo.

The good guys get sent to a concentration camp, for Beebo's sake. :stare:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

No moral ambiguity here, just wall-to-wall Nazis getting punched for 4 hours.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

SardonicTyrant posted:

How the hell did CW let them get away with Crisis on Earth-X? I mean, the constant swatztikas should've been the nail in the coffin, but that was some serious Wolfenstein poo poo.

The good guys get sent to a concentration camp, for Beebo's sake. :stare:

Crisis on Earth-X is the best DC movie...ever?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cmon now, there’s a lot of good Batman movies.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

No moral ambiguity here, just wall-to-wall Nazis getting punched for 4 hours.

Not only that, the only person who dies in it is an explicitly Jewish man and it's drilled in with a diamond-tipped bore that IT WAS A BAD THING THAT THIS MAN WAS KILLED BY LITERAL NAZIS.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Iron Fist was way better than Daredevil (because Daredevil is poo poo). Luke Cage is the only one of those Marvel Netflix shows that's actually good though, and even it's a bit inconsistent in season one.

Is being wrong your superpower?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Nazis aren't some major controversial thing. They've been excellent choices for antagonists in fiction for like 70 years.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.

Phenotype posted:

Nazis aren't some major controversial thing. They've been excellent choices for antagonists in fiction for like 70 years.

Also non-fiction.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It does seem a bit odd to me when misgivings are expressed about even using Nazis as villains in fiction; superheroes were fighting the Nazis in comics while the Second World War was actually going on. :shrug:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'm not saying using Nazis as the bad guys was wrong or I'll-advised ; the crossover was amazing. I'm just surprised they got away with half of the stuff in a network television show.

Again, the good guys get sent to a literal concentration camp. Complete with people wearing the yellow star of david badges. That's pretty insane for network T.v.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: What If Nazis, But Too Much

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Laterite posted:

What If Nazis, But Too Much

That's America like, now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

That's America like, now.
White Mirror

Vulgar
Aug 17, 2003

I am the man of la Mancha… my dream is impossible!

SardonicTyrant posted:

I'm not saying using Nazis as the bad guys was wrong or I'll-advised ; the crossover was amazing. I'm just surprised they got away with half of the stuff in a network television show.

Again, the good guys get sent to a literal concentration camp. Complete with people wearing the yellow star of david badges. That's pretty insane for network T.v.

I’ve heard tales about once upon a time in the long ago, there was once a show about a German POW camp.

The ancestral spirits have even told me that it was a comedy

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
The (thankfully brief) time they were all in the concentration camp was my least favorite part of Crisis on Earth-X.

Jackson: What's with all the stars and triangles?
Dr. Stein: They represent supposed crimes.
Jackson: Durr, what does a pink triangle mean?!?!?

I know that gay iconography has moved on to rainbows rather than the good ole pink triangle but for Beebo's sake open a drat book, Jackson!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Legends take away his phone so he can't tweet and teach him how to build a car

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Nale selflessly steals his joint from him. Meanwhile Ray tries running the Gigafactory, but they end up looking to Mick as a visionary.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Laterite posted:

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: What If Nazis, But Too Much

That's easy. You're free to punch, kick, shoot arrows into, fake bullets at, use a jetpack to fly up 100 feet then drop, use your super strength to rip in half, or your super speed to obliterate any and all nazis.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

SardonicTyrant posted:

Nale selflessly steals his joint from him. Meanwhile Ray tries running the Gigafactory, but they end up looking to Mick as a visionary.

At this point burning it all down for the insurance money would be Muskies best solution.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ray needs to go into the panel gaps to get a magical charm. Luckily for the FX budget he doesn't need to shrink down to get in them

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

LongDarkNight posted:

At this point burning it all down for the insurance money would be Muskies best solution.

just park one of his cars in there, then

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Apropos of nothing, I hope our species survives to the point where intra-system space junk recycling becomes a viable industry, because I really hope that someone goes up there one day, finds that gaudy piece of poo poo Tesla that Musk launched into the void, brings it back to Earth and then hauls it away to a car crusher for like $200 and change.

A man can dream...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Apropos of nothing, I hope our species survives to the point where intra-system space junk recycling becomes a viable industry, because I really hope that someone goes up there one day, finds that gaudy piece of poo poo Tesla that Musk launched into the void, brings it back to Earth and then hauls it away to a car crusher for like $200 and change.

A man can dream...

Same, but charge people 3 swings at it with a sledge hammer for $20 for a week or so and then auction it off to Musk fanboys.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The tragedy is that Elon Musk was the Legend of Tomorrow all along.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ketomizu/status/1040650852359270400

Legends continues to be on point with their episode titles.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/ketomizu/status/1040650852359270400

Legends continues to be on point with their episode titles.

If there is anything good in this world, this is both a reference to the sheep, and a good indication that Dolly Parton will be in this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

cool kids inc. posted:

If there is anything good in this world, this is both a reference to the sheep, and a good indication that Dolly Parton will be in this episode.

I figured creepy doll. Could be both.