Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

camping trip was nice. hiked about 18 miles and slept on the beach. saw lots of adorable deer and baby raccoons :kimchi:

only issue was rando fucks with boats/massive yachts mooring and coming to my beach to just scream for the daylight hours. i had to hike inland to get away from them

there are kayak-only spots all over the sound which is cool.

really want one now, but i have no way to transport it without spending a grand on roof rack

island 10/10
tech fucks with boats: guillotine

same, i want one badly. i read this story about going to alaska from annacortes in a packable one w a sail and ive wanted one ever since:

http://www.rayjardine.com/adventures/1988-Sea-Tub/index.htm?g_page=1

unfortunately i think the company that made those went out of business. the only packable ones i see lately are the foldable ones

they're apparently servacable enough but their packability leaves a little to be desired

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/aug/06/med-student-paddles-the-inside-passage-in-an-origa/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

what happen when the cpap machines are surviving on solar but can't communicate back to home base due to a lack of cell signal for the built in modems, resulting in insurance being dropped, because USA

:blastu: :kingsley:

in a world where things are competently made it'd log it all and phone home at first chance again, but lol medical stuff

props though really if you manage to drag a cpap out of cellular coverage range because that'd be slight dedication

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I hiked Mount Eisenhower yesterday

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Captain Foo posted:

I iked Mount Eisenhower yesterday

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

:newlol:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

i hiked ike

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I had sex

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

outdoors?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

nah, just a bedroom sesh

I’m pining for the woods tho

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Silver Alicorn posted:

just use an outboard

j-stroke? more like 2-stroke am i rite

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 10, 2018

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
kayak chat makes me want to do some backwoods portage 🛶 trip

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

whats this

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

graph posted:

whats this

it appears to be a boat, op

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it appears to be a boat, op

weird

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

graph posted:

whats this

canoe emoji

portage is where you travel using multiple waterways and carry the canoe between them

its like the powerlifting of boat trips

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

canoe emoji

portage is where you travel using multiple waterways and carry the canoe between them

its like the powerlifting of boat trips

a bunch of goons concentrate on it to the exclusion of all else and can't run for 30 seconds?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

that would be fun if it didn't look so sweaty and sober

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I want to go to remote places with the comforts of crapping in a toilet and eating real food

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ah yes lets design a trip around bringing a canoe and then carrying it for half the time. this what our ancestors fought the sabre toothed tiger for

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jonny 290 posted:

ah yes lets design a trip around bringing a canoe and then carrying it for half the time. this what our ancestors fought the sabre toothed tiger for

I mean, portaging is a thing?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Bloody posted:

that would be fun if it didn't look so sweaty and sober

put a keg on either side of the canoe while you carry it and hey presto its just a big beer helmet.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Jonny 290 posted:

the guy at the front has the right idea imo, get some other idiots to carry the canoes and pretend you don't know them if someone points a camera at you

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

uh they're not using those canoes right

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnhCghc4wHU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

sounds to me like a canoe would be really heavy and hauling it over land would suck

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
will be camping in my apartment this week for 2-5 days, possibly more.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

sounds to me like a canoe would be really heavy and hauling it over land would suck

perhaps the idea is to carry it only a little

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
kind of considering getting Private Pilot's license these days now that I have some amount of money, even more so now that I just found out how many US Forestry Service airfields there are and how you can just land at most of them in your standard Cessna 172 and camp out in the middle of nowhere

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
getting a pilot's license is basically on the same level as getting a motorcycle in terms of middle age depression hobbies, just requires more money

go volunteer at a food pantry instead

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

i LOVE this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jimmy Carter posted:

kind of considering getting Private Pilot's license these days now that I have some amount of money, even more so now that I just found out how many US Forestry Service airfields there are and how you can just land at most of them in your standard Cessna 172 and camp out in the middle of nowhere

:eng101: your renter's agreement will often prohibit you from landing on grass strips (without getting permission from the aircraft owner/flight school's chief pilot)

you can always buy a plane too, though, i suppose. get something with a tailwheel if you're gonna go into the woods

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Can it be GA time again?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Sagebrush posted:

:eng101: your renter's agreement will often prohibit you from landing on grass strips (without getting permission from the aircraft owner/flight school's chief pilot)

you can always buy a plane too, though, i suppose. get something with a tailwheel if you're gonna go into the woods

thanks, mom

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jimmy Carter posted:

get an old WWII plane, like in iron eagle III: aces: top gun

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

well yeah, it goes in the water

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Jimmy Carter posted:

flying a plane is incredibly bougie and pretty much the antithesis of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

flying a plane is incredibly bougie and pretty much the antithesis of this thread

what if i have my chauffeur learn to fly me around instead?