Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I think i might love Spider-man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I loved screwing around with the RC gun. One time i was playing with a friend and he was tricking out a car at Rim Jobs. I proceeded to wrangle all the cars I could get ahold of in the area and crowd the garage exit.

I forget if his car made it out of that garage but I doubt it.
I loved that RC gun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

You could also strap remote bombs to your buddy while they were buying guns. Every drat time Morgan Freeman left a menu he had a bomb in his head. Every time it was funny

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Could do that in SR3 as well, with C4. My younger brother made the unwise decision to avoid buying ragdoll protection in multiplayer...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Personally I liked the abductomatic. Instantly gets rid of the alien battlemechs and drat handy to use on yourself for getting around since you can glide and don't take fall damage.

Also, you can get Santa Claus as a homie in 4. He mainly uses wrestling moves.

Cythereal has a new favorite as of 01:13 on Sep 10, 2018

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

One of the unlockable costumes in Marvel Spider-Man is old-school Spider-Man... literally.

This seriously has rocketed to the list of my favorite costumes in a game ever, it looks amazing for what it is.

Looks like he should be voiced by H. Jon Benjamin.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

I want to agree, but Laura Bailey is the best voice actress of all time.

This is the correct response.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
The "Opposites Attract" scene in Saints Row 4 owns so hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0MFSFKRjY&t=20s

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Looks like he should be voiced by H. Jon Benjamin.

This is more of what came to mind for me TBH.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I appreciate that while Velvet's default look is awful in Tales of Berseria, you can immediately change her hair and clothing back to her old villager style. Goes great with the ten-gallon hat I picked up and stuck on her head.

Speaking of costumes and Spider-Man more, it's great that unlocking a suit power is tied to unlocking a new costume, but you're not tied to the costume. So when you unlock the Spider Noir suit you also unlock his sneaky power, but you can then stick the sneaky power on whatever suit you like, instead of that suit's default power.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
While we're talking about Saints Row, I think it's a neat subtle little thing that the sequels use a different numbering scheme: Saints Row 2, Saints Row The Third, and Saints Row IV.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It shoulda been "The Saints Go Fourth" :colbert:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Mierenneuker posted:

You know how the Batman Arkham games list thugs as "unconsious" in Detective Mode, even when you know you basically murdered them? The new Spider-Man has no problem with you flinging thugs off rooftops, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't acknowledge that you did either.

Actually, if you watch the thug after you've thrown them from the roof you'll see some device activate which wraps 'em in a web before latching on to the side of the building and yanking them into the wall. It's another one of those little touches I love about this game.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

TheHeadSage posted:

Actually, if you watch the thug after you've thrown them from the roof you'll see some device activate which wraps 'em in a web before latching on to the side of the building and yanking them into the wall. It's another one of those little touches I love about this game.

Can someone work out the forces at which the presumably unconscious body slams into the side of the building and compare it to the forces of batmobile hitting a thug?

I wanna get mad about ludonarrative dissonance in the other thread.

Vic has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Sep 10, 2018

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Human terminal velocity is around 125mph, achieved at around 12 seconds or 1500 feet. At 300 feet (30ish stories) human free fall velocity is 99mph at 1 atm.

That momentum has to go somewhere. If the device that attaches them to the wall doesn't slow them down and just changes their direction sideways, say over a 90 degree arc of 10 feet, they'd experience 55314 newtons of centripetal force and slam into the wall at nearly 100 mph, pulling nearly 5 g's while making the curve to do so*.

* standard disclaimers: Non-elastic webbing with 3.3 meter long tether, body 3.3m distance from building, spherical frictionless cow in a vacuum, all the normal physics stuff. Mixed systems because gently caress you.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 09:15 on Sep 10, 2018

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

y'all must be a hit at parties

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

TheHeadSage posted:

I have since seen it happen when you knock thugs off the rooftop. However when you launch and air-chain a thug into the sky like it’s DBZ? I’m not sure about that one. Also explosions make me wonder if Spider-Man goes “he was alive when I am webbed him there, not my fault that things went kablooie later on!”

bewilderment posted:

Speaking of costumes and Spider-Man more, it's great that unlocking a suit power is tied to unlocking a new costume, but you're not tied to the costume. So when you unlock the Spider Noir suit you also unlock his sneaky power, but you can then stick the sneaky power on whatever suit you like, instead of that suit's default power.

The comic costume has a power that is so amazing that it invalidates the other ones. It is called “quips”. It does what it says on the tin :allears:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

While we're talking about SRIV, basically every combination of characters you can bring with you has unique dialog with each other:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2fsr_KKNNo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Queen Combat posted:

Human terminal velocity is around 125mph, achieved at around 12 seconds or 1500 feet. At 300 feet (30ish stories) human free fall velocity is 99mph at 1 atm.

That momentum has to go somewhere. If the device that attaches them to the wall doesn't slow them down and just changes their direction sideways, say over a 90 degree arc of 10 feet, they'd experience 55314 newtons of centripetal force and slam into the wall at nearly 100 mph, pulling nearly 5 g's while making the curve to do so*.

* standard disclaimers: Non-elastic webbing with 3.3 meter long tether, body 3.3m distance from building, spherical frictionless cow in a vacuum, all the normal physics stuff. Mixed systems because gently caress you.

so what you are saying is that he is Gwen Staceying all of those people.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Mierenneuker posted:

The comic costume has a power that is so amazing that it invalidates the other ones. It is called “quips”. It does what it says on the tin :allears:
That's what I call equipment.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Everyone knows that thugs in superhero shows/games have a small supernatural level of damage resistance. It's the only way that, in Spiderman for example, they could survive being uppercut so hard that they get launched ten feet into the air.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Spidey's uppercut can launch a 190ish pound human some nine feet straight up into the air which I assume if done for real would probably just decapitate whoever

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hail Satan.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I put on the Punk Spider-Man outfit and JJJ made a podcast about how Spider-Man is confirmed to be a degenerate and how he was around during the birth of
Punk Rock and- ladies and gentlemen- this is NOT PUNK ROCK.

So not only do people occasionally mention you swapping costumes on the fly in the ingame twitter, even JJJ might have things to say.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Calaveron posted:

Spidey's uppercut can launch a 190ish pound human some nine feet straight up into the air which I assume if done for real would probably just decapitate whoever

Semi-related:
In the Superior Spider-Man, the story is about Doc Oc taking over Peter's body through.... comic magic.

Early on he gets into a fight with The Scorpion and punches his jaw clean off. It's at that point he realizes that Pete is holding back SO MUCH potential for the sake of not turning every thug into paste.

Hell, for a time Spider-Man was the strongest hero just behind Hulk and Thor.

I really like Spider-Man

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Speaking of bodies flying at bone-pulverizing speed, h-ho-ho-homigod engaging Photo Mode while free-falling at terminal velocity is both hilarious and exhilarating.

Especially after wallrunning straight past the Empire State Building's antenna and spinning the camera wildly, catching the New York skyline from all directions as you begin your fall.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/ultrabrilliant/status/1039147815480504322

Kennel has a new favorite as of 19:08 on Sep 10, 2018

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Didn't she learn anything from the Logan Paul thing?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Taeke posted:

Didn't she learn anything from the Logan Paul thing?

:vince:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just started playing Blood Omen on emulator. It's pretty fun in a slow burn kind of way. I've dabbled in the series before, but the only one I actually beat was Legacy of Kain Defiance. I like the overarching story of the series so am hoping to go through all the games in release order to try to get the whole thing.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Leal posted:

Hail Satan.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Leal posted:

Hail Satan.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Leal posted:

Hail Satan.

Hail Gein

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

U.T. Raptor posted:

While we're talking about SRIV, basically every combination of characters you can bring with you has unique dialog with each other:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2fsr_KKNNo

I bummed when past shaundi, present shaundi and future shaundi didn't have much dialog together.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In the Switch release of Gone Home they finally got to have actual Super Nintendo cartridges in the house.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fullbright/status/1039294407327997954

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Leal posted:

Hail Satan.

Hail SS-18 Satan, may His passage cleanse the Earth.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Guy Mann posted:

In the Switch release of Gone Home they finally got to have actual Super Nintendo cartridges in the house.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fullbright/status/1039294407327997954

Lara raids tombs because she believes she owns everything inside them. #Colonialism

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ImpAtom posted:

One of the unlockable costumes in Marvel Spider-Man is old-school Spider-Man... literally.

This seriously has rocketed to the list of my favorite costumes in a game ever, it looks amazing for what it is.

In Max Payne 3 you can unlock a costume that is literally just Max from MP1.

Even more funny, you can get one that's Max from the GBA game, and he's just one huge blocky mess of pixels.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Lord Lambeth posted:

I had to see this in motion and it's pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhMx2Plc3N8&t=1312s

:allears:

I liked Wind Waker, but I remember in the early 2000s I was worried that every game forever was going to be cel shaded.

It mostly went away, but after Persona 5, that new DBZ game and this, I'm pretty ok with any cel shading from here on out. The tech can do what it's intended for now, seems like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Captain Lavender posted:

I liked Wind Waker, but I remember in the early 2000s I was worried that every game forever was going to be cel shaded.

It mostly went away, but after Persona 5, that new DBZ game and this, I'm pretty ok with any cel shading from here on out. The tech can do what it's intended for now, seems like.

The tech was capable of doing it for Viewtiful Joe, and Viewtiful Joe was perfect.