Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

achillesforever6 posted:

Dan Matha who did the whole bait and switch hometown hero who loving hates his city (and moved to Cleveland) promo. Talked a lot about low T and how he couldn't tell the difference between men and women here.

Can't wait for this guy to make it to tv and get cheered like a face by the same morons who love ec3!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

abraham linksys posted:

Can't wait for this guy to make it to tv and get cheered like a face by the same morons who love ec3!!

Dan Matha has been in the PC for god knows how long. He's also a PR disaster waiting to happen. I'll be shocked if he's anything more than enhancement talent for NXT.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

abraham linksys posted:

His finisher is The Blockchain

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Dan Matha's hometown is a stupid garbage town

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

He already made it to TV almost two years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M85Y1KpqDms

Granted, it wasn't an actual match, but his bacne definitely made an impression on the canvas that night.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Surprised Matha's gimmick lasted this long/got out of the Florida loop.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember when they aired like a month of hype packages for Dan Matha and when he finally debuted, Joe just beat him to death and he disappeared from TV. Easily a top five NXT moment all time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Surprised Matha's gimmick lasted this long/got out of the Florida loop.
I wonder if he's pulling a Eli Drake considering his promo involved calling Pittsburgh a Shithole, which is not something you want to do even as a heel in WWE

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Benne posted:

I remember when they aired like a month of hype packages for Dan Matha and when he finally debuted, Joe just beat him to death and he disappeared from TV. Easily a top five NXT moment all time.

This was so good

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Standard house show spot:

https://twitter.com/KlaudeGiroux/status/1038664811213713408

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
what the gently caress, i'd murder to see this. dijak vs ciampa for the title

https://twitter.com/DijakovicWWE/status/1038945999320952838
https://twitter.com/DijakovicWWE/status/1038972167197794304

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It was a good match.

I'm just a little salty there was no Kairi Sane or Velveteen Dream. Very solid show, and a great venue.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

No dream no sale hes amazing live and on tv and well in all walks of life.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Dijak vs. Ciampa was extremely good for a house show. He's been at the last two Detroit shows and it's a crime he's not a major player on weekly TV already.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TheDanMatha/status/1038937792213143553

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1038937656212635648

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think Dan Matha is my least favorite person in all of WWE right now. And he doesn't even show up on TV that often.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

This is the strangest backstage interview I've seen, he's looking at the person holding the microphone but she is never on screen.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was told today that Matt Riddle is fitting in really well at NXT. All the Coaches like him a lot.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

pretty sure dana white is the only person on earth that doesnt like matt riddle, and dana white is scum sucking poo poo of the earth

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

boxcarhobo posted:

pretty sure dana white is the only person on earth that doesnt like matt riddle, and dana white is scum sucking poo poo of the earth
So what you're saying is Vince will hate him.

Apropos of nothing: Regal reaction faces still rule and him listening to Otis last week was a wonderful bit of sunshine in my life.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

So what you're saying is Vince will hate him.

Apropos of nothing: Regal reaction faces still rule and him listening to Otis last week was a wonderful bit of sunshine in my life.

Dana is worse than Vince

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

How many murders has Dana covered up

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

How many murders has Dana covered up

Almost certainly one somewhere, surely.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Murders are nothing compared to trolling fans of your company on twitter

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

If you ranked all the fight promoters in history in terms of how scummy they are Dana would probably be somewhere in the middle. Vince is a way worse person.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dana White is an rear end in a top hat but Matt Riddle was also a dumb fuckup in the UFC.

Riddle seems to have his poo poo together now but Dana had legit cause to be angry with him, although I disagree with how publicly he expressed that anger.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dana White is an rear end in a top hat but Matt Riddle was also a dumb fuckup in the UFC.

Riddle seems to have his poo poo together now but Dana had legit cause to be angry with him, although I disagree with how publicly he expressed that anger.

This is true, but today Dana released a promo for Conor v Khabib that includes footage of Conor attacking the bus injurying several fighters and loving up ThugRose.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm still not sure I understand why Dana White employees Joe Rogan but thinks that Riddle might be a problem.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rogan isn't getting regularly drug tested and hasn't hosed up multiple fights because of said testing

When Riddle was fired in Feb 2013, he had failed 2 post fight drug tests, had 2 wins voided, and was suspended twice. This was his reaction during the aftermath of the first one/right before the second one:

Riddle on the Verbal Submission podcast posted:

I've been smoking weed since I was 13 and look at me. I'm in the UFC and I smash people with a smile on my face. It's not a performance-enhancing drug. It makes me relax. It makes me happy. Honestly, it probably keeps me from beating my three kids because they're always screaming and crying at me and my wife's crazy and you know what life's like. It's hard sometimes and honestly, I like to go to my game room and rip a tube and just sit back and relax and enjoy a 20-minute show, go out, see my family, take care of everything I have to take care of, and that's what I do. A lot of people think it's okay to drink a fifth of jack and beat their wife. I don't.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Because Joe's a color commentator and not an active member of the roster, whereas Riddle's inability to follow the rules caused two of his last three UFC fights to have their result overturned, all within the span of one calendar year. As dumb as it is that a positive test for pot takes your win away, it's just as dumb to get busted by the state commission twice within a year and halt whatever momentum you were picking up. Following that up by making a bad joke about having to smoke to not be so annoyed by his wife and crying children that he'd have to beat them didn't do him any favors, either. Edit: What ^ said.

Riddle is a much better fit for pro wrestling anyway, so it seems like it all turned out for the best for him.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

This was his reaction during the aftermath of the first one/right before the second one:

Lmao what a dipshit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

When Riddle was fired in Feb 2013, he had failed 2 post fight drug tests, had 2 wins voided, and was suspended twice. This was his reaction during the aftermath of the first one/right before the second one:
:yikes:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
uhhhh okay Riddle deserved to be fired. All first-hand accounts I've seen, he's a really cool dude who treats all fans as close friends, but the kinda stuff he said and his failure to just not follow rules is something else.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also the suspensions were ridiculously close to each other, literally within one year (July 2012 and Feb 2013). I forget if it was still during a time when they were trying to push him as a rising star in the company (there was a period where he seemed to be getting a lot of fights offered, he just kept dealing with some injuries that resulted in them being pulled)

RealFoxy posted:

uhhhh okay Riddle deserved to be fired. All first-hand accounts I've seen, he's a really cool dude who treats all fans as close friends, but the kinda stuff he said and his failure to just not follow rules is something else.

Yeah like rovert said he's seemed to have mellowed out recently, and at least isn't as addicted as he was then

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Riddle is cool and Dana is a dumbass

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm sure Dana "Insane Weirdo" White is much cooler than Matt "King of Bros" Riddle

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

RealFoxy posted:

He is really nice. I went to Germany for a show and he made a point of remembering me from Ireland, and asked me what I thought of it all, and cut a mini promo about how he was going to destroy Ospreay in Dublin. He's sound.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also he got busted for weed. Who gives a gently caress.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Voiding a win because the dude was smoking weed is loving moronic. I hope Riddle blows smoke in Dana White's stupid liar shithead face. Holding it against him in any way shape or form that he got suspended for loving weed makes you at least kind of a narc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yea all accounts of him smoking loving weed when they pop dudes for crazy rear end steroids and give them suspensions totally makes sense