Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Asiina's talked about the role before and used it in Cat Lady Mafia, here's a copy-paste from the last time it came up in the general SAMafia discord:

Asiina12/05/2017
smokescreen is kinda like a forced ninja. You choose a target and then everyone visiting that target is hidden from view. Watchers watching the target see nobody going to them and trackers tracking someone to the target see that person going nowhere

So, ok, it doesn't quite fit "protect your scumbuddy" but the theory still has legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Assuming it obfuscates an investigation result, which would make sense why he would target moat n1.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Asiina's talked about the role before and used it in Cat Lady Mafia, here's a copy-paste from the last time it came up in the general SAMafia discord:

Asiina12/05/2017
smokescreen is kinda like a forced ninja. You choose a target and then everyone visiting that target is hidden from view. Watchers watching the target see nobody going to them and trackers tracking someone to the target see that person going nowhere

So, ok, it doesn't quite fit "protect your scumbuddy" but the theory still has legs.

Ah, that's a pretty cool role.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh here you go, I found this from the general mafia discussion thread:

Asiina posted:

My favourite scum role is one I really want to be standard. It's from cat lady mafia and I called it Smokescreen.

You may target a player and obscure them from view. Any watchers watching them will see nobody visit. Any trackers tracking someone to them will see their target go nowhere. They will not know that their power has been disrupted.

As games are less likely to see cops and more likely to see multiple trackers and watchers, scum really need some more negative utility other than roleblocker and maybe framer? This is like ninja+ or a reverse ninja. I like that it's also far more likely to cause confusion in town because if you track somebody nowhere you won't usually talk about it, and if they get caught later on claiming to have gone somewhere then that's an unusual situation too.

Steal this role, I like it a lot.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I tried to kill him N1 as well but it failed :cheeky:

You should probably still listen to me about the scumhunting,

##vote AI

but yeah can't blame you if you'd rather get an SK first

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ok so there's two possibilities that I can see:

AA actually did smokescreen Moat n1 and Moat carried out the kill on Peramene.

AA lied and told ETR and later us that he targeted Moat n1 so that we would all be suspicious of Moat should AA get lunched at some point and flip scum.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

You should probably still listen to me about the scumhunting,

##vote AI

but yeah can't blame you if you'd rather get an SK first

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok so there's two possibilities that I can see:

AA actually did smokescreen Moat n1 and Moat carried out the kill on Peramene.

AA lied and told ETR and later us that he targeted Moat n1 so that we would all be suspicious of Moat should AA get lunched at some point and flip scum.

lol that's a great help

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

lol that's a great help

Thanks! At least I'm not a SK or a scum trying an insane gambit to buy an extra day!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pre:
    AnAnonymousIdiot
    b-minus1
    Bifauxnen - SK/Scum/Evil Undead Ma Fergie Back For Vengeance On Arnold
    Eat The Rich - Tracker (tracked Tomm to Huma | tracked Podima to Moat)
    Hal Incandenza - Watcher (watched b-, action failed)
    Moatillata
    Mr. Humalong - ?? (targeted Nat20, action failed | targeted Moat, action failed)
    Podima - Jailer (jailed Nat20 | jailed Moat)
    Tommunist - Tracker (tracked Huma, went nowhere | tracked Bif to Nat20)
    Your Personal Muse
I'm feeling like we need claims from the remainder of folks at this point, let's tie this up.

I'm still also entertaining the possibility that if Bif is the SK Tommunist could be a scum tracker, their swap to AA might have been an attempt to bus for cred. That's in the "less likely" bin but I don't want to overlook it if Bif truly does flip SK.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

you take that back Pod, Ma only wants vengeance for Jeabus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

pre:
    AnAnonymousIdiot
    b-minus1
    Bifauxnen - SK/Scum/Evil Undead Ma Fergie Back For Vengeance On Arnold
    Eat The Rich - Tracker (tracked Tomm to Huma | tracked Podima to Moat)
    Hal Incandenza - Watcher (watched b-, action failed)
    Moatillata
    Mr. Humalong - ?? (targeted Nat20, action failed | targeted Moat, action failed)
    Podima - Jailer (jailed Nat20 | jailed Moat)
    Tommunist - Tracker (tracked Huma, went nowhere | tracked Bif to Nat20)
    Your Personal Muse
I'm feeling like we need claims from the remainder of folks at this point, let's tie this up.

I'm still also entertaining the possibility that if Bif is the SK Tommunist could be a scum tracker, their swap to AA might have been an attempt to bus for cred. That's in the "less likely" bin but I don't want to overlook it if Bif truly does flip SK.

I'd actually believe that. Moat/Tomm surviving scum, Bif SK. Moat was going to carry out the nightkill and got jailed.

I'm a role cop and I'm completely worthless because I keep targeting the same people you target.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
This is a fine theory except im town

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hello

I am a bodyguard

It's funny you jailed me last night pod because your AA push convinced me of your townliness and i was trying to sacrifice my body to keep you safe

First night was YPM

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Wait why did you try to rolecop me??? Humalong that's a weird move

Also my action failed last night (obviously)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It’s me, the greatest scumhunter alive

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So did Bif just admit to being an sk or am I completely reading that wrong

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Your Personal Muse posted:

So did Bif just admit to being an sk or am I completely reading that wrong

Sure seems like she did

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Moatillata posted:

Wait why did you try to rolecop me??? Humalong that's a weird move

Also my action failed last night (obviously)

Because I fullclaimed and you told me absolutely nothing and then tried to throw shade on me day 1.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Because I fullclaimed and you told me absolutely nothing and then tried to throw shade on me day 1.

All you had to do was ask

After all the dress shopping we did together

All the pillowfights and malted milkshakes

Smdh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Moatillata posted:

All you had to do was ask

After all the dress shopping we did together

All the pillowfights and malted milkshakes

Smdh

You think I'm scum. Alternatively, you're scum. Either way, you wouldn't tell me.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
You did try to murder Hum, in his defense

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

You did try to murder Hum, in his defense

In theory

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I have to ask, where did the idea of there being an SK come from?

Where's the clue?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I have to ask, where did the idea of there being an SK come from?

Where's the clue?

She claimed she is one.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

She claimed she is one.

Okay... Why did she bump off peramene then? Also, could Bifauxnen explain things that went wrong the previous nights? Why weren't there two murders each night?

Also, I remember Nat20 and bifauxnen being in a public tiff about the former accusing the latter for being mafia and later trying to off her. Now she's claiming to be SK?... What has caused her situation to change?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Okay... Why did she bump off peramene then? Also, could Bifauxnen explain things that went wrong the previous nights? Why weren't there two murders each night?

Also, I remember Nat20 and bifauxnen being in a public tiff about the former accusing the latter for being mafia and later trying to off her. Now she's claiming to be SK?... What has caused her situation to change?

Dude, read the thread holy poo poo.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm starting to see why Bif keeps voting you.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Anoni, why do you think that Bif was the one to kill peramene?

Nobody else respond to this please.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bif is still the vote today, no question about it, but I want to see where this goes. Also, I still firmly feel that Anoni, b-, and YPM should claim. Not loving the Bodyguard claim from moat, but it's a risky one if there's a doc in play.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Upon careful consideration, I would vote Bif

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Upon careful consideration, I would vote Bif

ya think?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I know it’s controversial but I think SKs are...bad

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Podima posted:

Anoni, why do you think that Bif was the one to kill peramene?

Nobody else respond to this please.

My reason is that peramene was the only one who has died. If bifauxnen claims to be SK, then either she eliminated peramene, or she did nothing that night, which does not help her in her role. If Bifauxnen did not do so, then we need to hear what she did night one?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

My reason is that peramene was the only one who has died. If bifauxnen claims to be SK, then either she eliminated peramene, or she did nothing that night, which does not help her in her role. If Bifauxnen did not do so, then we need to hear what she did night one?

What do you think she did night one? If you had to guess?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Just take a stab at it. See if you can figure out any possible course of action she took.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Anoni, Bif has already claimed she tried to kill Nat on Night 1 and failed. This implies that scum killed peramene.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Such hard questions how will Anon survive

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This is either a brilliant gambit or AI is 100% town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well nice work answering for the question for him you guys

• Locked thread