Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think the last RAW I liked was Owens winning the title. They genuinely surprised me, I thought he had no shot going in. I remember a writer I like once said that one of the tricks to writing stuff people like is surprising them with something they didn't realize they wanted. I definitely wanted Owens to win, but I think it felt like them trying something new and good at the time. They hosed it up, IMO, but it was a nice moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i feel like I remember Braun standing up after getting hit by a truck

but a samoan drop through fiberboard seems like its worse than that so he's fine

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

bartok posted:

When was the last genuinely good Raw?

The post Mania XXX that opened with Daniel Bryan standing in the ring as the crowd cheered for 10 minutes and then The Shield turned face.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They were face before that, which was also a good moment.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Have the people at E! ever watched an episode of Raw?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rarity posted:

Have the people at E! ever watched an episode of Raw?

All they watch at E! is test patterns while high frequency dog sounds play through speakers.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Almas vs Truth would be a great PPV match. Then again Almas vs most people would be. I hope Carmella is with truth because my curiosity has to know how that pairing goes.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

KungFu Grip posted:

the only good thing from raw was that the police sheriff's last name was also Ambrose and WWE didnt even loving do anything with it when him and Dean were talking.

It was a subtle joke. I’m surprised they didn’t call it out on commentary dozens of times.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh sweet summer child. I would set your expectations near the very bottom. An R-Truth vs Andrade match was set for tomorrow, Charlotte vs Sonya is announced, The Bar vs Rusev Day, and the main event is Brie Bella vs Maryse.

So no, it likely won't be good.

All of those things, aside from Brie vs. Maryse sound pretty cool. And any Brie match is at least watchable in its hilarious shittiness, which is more than can be said of any matches on Raw tonight.

It's amazing (and early), but Roman as Champ has somehow been even more of a cancer to the product than Brock as Champ was. In a matter of weeks, they've already completely ruined Braun Strowman, Dean and Seth have been neutered as sidekicks, and The Shield has now beaten up most of the heel roster by themselves...twice.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

bartok posted:

When was the last genuinely good Raw?

raw was never good

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Here for Slick Jr

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1039348152103448577

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Why does Dean have weapons they're not going to let him ever use.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Mick Foley looks like a literal corpse

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I'm guessing that picture of everyone holding up Reigns' hand in victory will need to be updated to include Foley now.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

lio should be wearing a massive clock around his neck

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I sincerely hope that Roode and Gable become a tag-team and not a feud, because Gable's enthusiasm while Roode's astonishment about how good he is is drat fine. Roode traditionally has always been good in a faction or tag-team and Gable's always shined so far in his career as a hot tag so I think there really is something here.

Lio Rush trying to be Lashley's MVP was also pretty amusing although it took embarrassingly long for me to realize that was Lio Rush.

The third amusing part of RAW was when Ambrose hit up that officer trying to get a bailout for the next time he was in jail

Other than that, RAW really loving sucked.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Lio looks like everybody’s 15 year old cousin that gets WAY too hype about sports video games

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

so KO is just helping Braun now and apparently the best reason writers could up with is him saying "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT"

am I missing anything here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In three months time all the cruiserweights will be managers.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bring back el torito

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

WWE: "See Neville, you could have stayed, we were gonna keep our promise of you being back on the real main roster!"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

jesus WEP posted:

so KO is just helping Braun now and apparently the best reason writers could up with is him saying "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT"

Heels are all best friends with heels for no particular reason and all babyfaces are best friends too, with no apology needed for what they did in the past as heels. Alignment is black or white, don't put anymore thought into it than that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

I actually thought Owens did a reasonably good job of addressing it. He specifically said he wasn't there to help anybody or do favors for anyone, he went out there because he hates the dudes in The Shield and it was an opportunity to beat the poo poo out of them and he knew he would face zero consequences for it.

The idea that Owens had worked out a deal where he can't be punished for doing whatever the gently caress he wants, and in fact doing whatever the gently caress he wants IS his job, is a pretty fun concept. Whether WWE leaves him alone to make it work or decides to "help" I guess remains to be seen.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Rarity posted:

Drew Gulak doing a powerpoint whilst Brock Lesnar stands menacingly behind him would rule so hard.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That E award show they advertised during WWE programming sure had a suspicious amount of WWE superstars up for nominations.

I had to lol at Nia Jax being in consideration alongside Aly Raisman for most influential woman or whatever.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

explosivo posted:

That E award show they advertised during WWE programming sure had a suspicious amount of WWE superstars up for nominations.

I had to lol at Nia Jax being in consideration alongside Aly Raisman for most influential woman or whatever.

If WWE wins anything assume the voting is rigged.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

E! seems to have only nominated Raw for Top Show of the Year in their own award show. Considering they have a partnership with WWE, 2 ongoing shows from that partnership, and like 100 awards to give, they already didn't rig it enough if it all amounts to one nomination

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nia Jax taught little girls everywhere that if you're large you can be a wrestler. How dare you.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Since on RAW it looked like Owens was once again relegated to poo poo! i'll post these two quotes from the man himself about his philosophy about angles and wrestling.

quote:

It's because of drive and passion for business. That's not a knock on anybody else, and I'm not implying that other people aren't as passionate or driven as I am, but the difference is that ill take no for an answer because once in a while, you have to.

But ill pitch ideas, ill try to come up with ideas, ill talk to people and I'm constantly trying to be relevant. To me, there is nothing worse than not being relevant. I'm not saying I'm always going to be in the top angel or the top story, that just not realistic, but I want to feel like what I'm doing matters. Maybe it's just a matter of time. Maybe once you're here for ten years, you just start to enjoy the ride and you don't care so much about whether or not you're featured prominently, but I've never been that way. I've been doing this for seventeen years - I was doing this for fifteen years before WWE . and I've been all around the world, and I've never been happy with being complacent, even if I had been with a company for seven years. I always try to keep myself relevant and make sure that what I'm doing means something. Its just a byproduct of that kind of attitude I'd say

quote:

I'm not looking to be the best match, I'm not looking to be the best, I'm not looking for people to look at me and think that I am the best in the world, I don't care. I want people to look at me and remember what I did and have memorable moments from my match. I want them to walk away and talk about what I did, whether its a moment or part of the match or an actual match. I want to leave them with memories, I've always been about that, whether its Wrestlemania or not. At WrestleMania, that touch is multiplied. That's what it's all about. It's about creating memories that will last a lifetime

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its funny how HHH still thinks that Taker needs to prove something to him despite losing three times. HHH-Taker II and III loving sucked.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Hey it worked for the Singh Brothers

I’m trying to career mode book a way for Tony Nese to join the Riott squad, Jack Gallagher to be Tyler Breeze’s hype man, and for the lucha house party to follow Kevin Owens everywhere. On a side note, the lucha house party vs the new day vs the shield in a tlc match would be godlike.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DoctorGonzo posted:

its funny how HHH still thinks that Taker needs to prove something to him despite losing three times. HHH-Taker II and III loving sucked.

It's funny how WWE still thinks we want to see a built that is 70% or more of people talking about Undertaker instead of any meaningful interaction or feud. It feels like the last decade of Undertaker feuds was "guy talks mad poo poo about the Undertaker until Undertaker finally shows up to tell him to cut it out, the feud is on!"

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

The absolute madman declared himself the number 1 rival of Taker in WWE rankings.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

It's funny how WWE still thinks we want to see a built that is 70% or more of people talking about Undertaker instead of any meaningful interaction or feud. It feels like the last decade of Undertaker feuds was "guy talks mad poo poo about the Undertaker until Undertaker finally shows up to tell him to cut it out, the feud is on!"

He's a notorious deep sleeper, you gotta poo poo talk him just loud and just long enough for it to really stir the beast awake

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh sweet summer child. I would set your expectations near the very bottom. An R-Truth vs Andrade match was set for tomorrow, Charlotte vs Sonya is announced, The Bar vs Rusev Day, and the main event is Brie Bella vs Maryse.

So no, it likely won't be good.

All I'm getting from this post is that there's two matches that will probably own, a match that could be pretty good, and the knowledge that I can stop watching early since the bad match is already the main.

Smackdown sounds great.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Taker should go back to ministry Taker. His current gimmick of old man with eye liner is really unconfortable.
HHH gimmick of pudgy biker dad is really funny.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Can they wrap Mick Foley in a protective layer of bubble wrap or secretly replace him with Kassius Ohno or something because i am just going to watch the entire match like :ohdear:. Like I doubt he plans to take any bumps but neither did Tim White, you know?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The HHH v Undertaker thing is not a feud though, it is a "special attraction" match between two old has beens whose best is at least 5-10 years ago.

It exists on the SuperDuper "hey look we have the MCG" Showdown to make it seem big time, because WWE can't make new stars, so the biggest ones, (at least in terms of mainstream name recognition) they have are old and irrelevant 40+ year olds. Talk to a non wrestling fan and they will know who The Undertaker is, but not Roman Reigns. Talk to non wrestling/non sport media and they wouldn't give a gently caress about Roman, (to use their current top name), but would be happy to talk about Undertaker vs HHH.

HHH plugging it on TV is to try and get ticket sales up for sure, (the MCG is loving huge and they will need every bum on seat they can get), but mostly for him to wank on about how "Yeah the Undertaker was a big star, but he was mainly a big star because he wrestled ME! Remember ME, I am HHH and I am the coolest and toughest and bestest ever!" on his father in law's TV show.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
My favorite moment from Raw was when Renee was excited to see Balor win and Cole reprimanded her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like how there was absolutely no huge rollout for the Bella Twins comeback. They.....were ringside at SummerSlam. Then Brie got mad at The Miz. And now they're back full-time, I guess?, wrestling on both shows for reasons. Oh and they're also feuding with the Riott Squadddd, who heretofore were feuding with Sasha and Bayley, hey, remember them? And Ember Moon? She was a person, right? What is happening?

• Locked thread