Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Incessant Excess posted:

My favorite moment from Raw was when Renee was excited to see Balor win and Cole reprimanded her.

god forbid someone show interest in this product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

My favorite moment from Raw was when Renee was excited to see Balor win and Cole reprimanded her.

So they're going to promote a woman to commentary only to poo poo on her and more or less call her stupid on air until they remove her because WWE, right

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My favorite moment from last night was after you get through the little tutorial as Spider-man you change into Peter Parker and gently caress around for like an hour just doing lab work and hacking minigames and throwing a surprise party for Aunt May.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Raskolnikov38 posted:

god forbid someone show interest in this product

Why would I watch the show Paul

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Why would I watch the show Paul

you shouldn't its bad

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

D.N. Nation posted:

feuding with Sasha and Bayley, hey, remember them? And Ember Moon? She was a person, right? What is happening?
Sasha and Bayley are still showing up regularly, treading water as sickly sweet lesbiansjust really great friends, trying to plaster over their aborted feud.
Ember Moon may now be in a tag team with Dana Brooke, or at least is a supporting character in Dana Broke's personal redemption story.

I wish I were joking, but that is, I'm pretty sure, what their current statuses are.

Evolution, y'all.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

skipped raw last night for the first time in 12 years and missed nothing

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I feel like 90% of the reason I still watch is that it's on every week, if there were a TV show like hiatus I would've quit long ago.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Foley did a good promo and Ronda is really loving over, and in the case of the latter it's really nice seeing how the crowd is just fully and totally behind her and absolutely buy her as an asskicker.

so what you are saying is that wwe should turn her heel right

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I feel like 90% of the reason I still watch is that it's on every week, if there were a TV show like hiatus I would've quit long ago.

then, now, forever

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How many y Times was the phrase “rebellious workhorse” said?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm a Lions fan so I'm in the very unique position of probably having a worse night than if I'd watched Raw.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

D.N. Nation posted:

I like how there was absolutely no huge rollout for the Bella Twins comeback. They.....were ringside at SummerSlam. Then Brie got mad at The Miz. And now they're back full-time, I guess?, wrestling on both shows for reasons. Oh and they're also feuding with the Riott Squadddd, who heretofore were feuding with Sasha and Bayley, hey, remember them? And Ember Moon? She was a person, right? What is happening?

It's 2018, you gotta be a diva, a part timer, or a daughter of someone in WWE to get a storyline. The bellas are all 3 so they get to be on both shows the rest of the year.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jerusalem posted:

I actually thought Owens did a reasonably good job of addressing it. He specifically said he wasn't there to help anybody or do favors for anyone, he went out there because he hates the dudes in The Shield and it was an opportunity to beat the poo poo out of them and he knew he would face zero consequences for it.

The idea that Owens had worked out a deal where he can't be punished for doing whatever the gently caress he wants, and in fact doing whatever the gently caress he wants IS his job, is a pretty fun concept. Whether WWE leaves him alone to make it work or decides to "help" I guess remains to be seen.

i really wanna see it work. Just let KO get back to being a straight up mean heel. Wreck some people. Get banished to SDL to get him away from Braun. Do it bad enough that when Zayn comes back, he's shocked at how brutal KO's gone, and turns to take him down.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Last time KO got "unleashed" after headbutting Vince, he ended up blubbering to Shane not to be fired like 3 weeks later.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Do not invest yourself in Kevin Owens, it only leads to disappointment.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

boar guy posted:

skipped raw last night for the first time in 12 years

Oh my goodness

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

D.N. Nation posted:

I like how there was absolutely no huge rollout for the Bella Twins comeback. They.....were ringside at SummerSlam. Then Brie got mad at The Miz. And now they're back full-time, I guess?, wrestling on both shows for reasons. Oh and they're also feuding with the Riott Squadddd, who heretofore were feuding with Sasha and Bayley, hey, remember them? And Ember Moon? She was a person, right? What is happening?

Brie transcends the brand split.

By building up Riott Squad, The Boss and Hug Connection, bringing back the Bellas, this Nattie/Rhonda partnership, the Alexa/Micky/Alicia partnership... I'd swear it's almost like they are getting ready for a Raw Women's Tag Team Championship while Rhonda holds the belt until Wrestlemania and remains undefeated. They actually would have 5 times, which is better than the men's tag division.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Remember when Brock got cheered for saying he didn’t watch Raw?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

yet another example of WWE heels being more intelligent than the babyfaces

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Incessant Excess posted:

Do not invest yourself in anything WWE does with any wrestler, it only leads to disappointment.
ftfy

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Oh my goodness

it's my only appointment TV, i watch with the family every week. well, i did. now were just gonna watch ppvs because the essence of the build is always distilled into a 2 minute teaser that thrashes the poo poo out of how it's presented on RAW, anyway

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dimebags Brain posted:

What's that, an excuse to post this?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Not sure how I feel that Lio Rush and Kevin Owens are technically feuding right now.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Smart of Rush and Maverick to line up jobs for when 205 live gets cancelled.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Cedric should move to the main roster too. I imagine a new nation of domination with him, lashley, apollo, jason jordan, and byron saxton. Instead of being a group of badasses they're just very smiley and lovable and they occasionally do charity work with titus. Finn joins them one day owen hart style when they realize he smiles more than they do.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blaise330 posted:

Cedric should move to the main roster too. I imagine a new nation of domination with him, lashley, apollo, jason jordan, and byron saxton. Instead of being a group of badasses they're just very smiley and lovable and they occasionally do charity work with titus. Finn joins them one day owen hart style when they realize he smiles more than they do.

I'm intrigued by your ideas and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

bartok posted:

When was the last genuinely good Raw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=belQZOqO02g

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The last time I was genuinely invested in what was happening on Raw was AJ's debut year when he was feuding with Jericho, Roman and finally Cena.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Blaise330 posted:

Last time KO got "unleashed" after headbutting Vince, he ended up blubbering to Shane not to be fired like 3 weeks later.

Do you think Stephanie can go “OOOOUGH OOOOOOOOUGH” or does that not run in the family.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Oh my goodness

Hey, as long as they keep their hardcore fan base they'll be fine, etc.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

D.N. Nation posted:

they slammed the brakes on almost every woman on both rosters because the bella twins are back!!! i mean yeah nikki was around last year and had a bad feud with nattie but now the worse bella is back too!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Do you think Stephanie can go “OOOOUGH OOOOOOOOUGH” or does that not run in the family.

Let's ask Triple H.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Has there been any information on how the Super Showdown ticket sales are going? Is Australia really so thirsty for WWE that they're able to fill a stadium there?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Incessant Excess posted:

Has there been any information on how the Super Showdown ticket sales are going? Is Australia really so thirsty for WWE that they're able to fill a stadium there?

I think Dave said they have sold something like 60,000 tickets or something? A pretty large number.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

boar guy posted:

it's my only appointment TV, i watch with the family every week. well, i did. now were just gonna watch ppvs because the essence of the build is always distilled into a 2 minute teaser that thrashes the poo poo out of how it's presented on RAW, anyway

How did you and your family deal with more or less 624 reruns of the same episode and not lose your minds

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/KayfabeDiaries/status/1039580462564499456

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Satin says Simone Johnson, Dwayne's daughter, has been training at the Performance Center recently

Enjoy your increasingly-temporary Asuka/Kairi/Io runs while you can, the vision of the division's long-term future is becoming clearer

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Satin says Simone Johnson, Dwayne's daughter, has been training at the Performance Center recently

Enjoy your increasingly-temporary Asuka/Kairi/Io runs while you can, the vision of the division's long-term future is becoming clearer

I don't see her being pushed in NXT at least, unless she's really good in the ring. They value workrate more than nepotism there it seems. Main roster though is trouble. Also she's only 17 right now, so she probably won't actually debut in any meaningful fashion until a year or so from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Chris James 2 posted:

The division's future has always been Aurora Rose

• Locked thread