Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Conor can assault his coworkers and completely destroy a whole PPV card and basically get away with it scot free, Jon Jones can cheat his rear end off and they're trying to find a way to bullshit their way out of it so they can get his money fight with Brock, but oh my god Matt Riddle smoked weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

Conor can assault his coworkers and completely destroy a whole PPV card and basically get away with it scot free, Jon Jones can cheat his rear end off and they're trying to find a way to bullshit their way out of it so they can get his money fight with Brock, but oh my god Matt Riddle smoked weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Riddle talks about it too. He has his weed card and lives in Nevada where it is 100 percent legal. And he gets fired?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, that's all just money.

Jon Jones and McGregor are worth a lot of money, and Riddle cost them money.

It's a very dumb rule, but not like it's one he didn't know existed.

Besides he's better as a wrestler.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I wonder if Riddle has a clause built into his WWE contract where any time he gets fined for weed in WWE, they just take it out of his downside or something. Because that would be smart.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Matt Riddles most famous UFC moment

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

I wonder if Riddle has a clause built into his WWE contract where any time he gets fined for weed in WWE, they just take it out of his downside or something. Because that would be smart.

That's just default. You get popped for weed, it's 2.5k outta your downside.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, that's all just money.

Jon Jones and McGregor are worth a lot of money, and Riddle cost them money.

It's a very dumb rule, but not like it's one he didn't know existed.

Besides he's better as a wrestler.

Jones maybe but I dunno how UFC isn't getting sued by all their fighters over that McGregor shitshow.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dana didn't make the weed laws, the State Athletic Council did. It's like getting mad at ECW that they have to have the Pretty Blue Mats around ringside in New York.

Matt Riddle had one job: Stop getting high for five fuckin minutes. He didn't do it, multiple times.

Dana is a dipshit for many, many reasons but this is isn't one of them.

Also Riddle missed two local shows here in back to the back months but I don't know if they were weed related. One was passport issues and I think the other was an ice storm? He made the next one but I wasn't there for that one. These are my Matt Riddle stories, I look forward to seeing him on NXT.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Riddle is committed to smoking a shitload of weed no matter the consequences and I have nothing but respect for his decision.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: o o p s

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 11, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Nick Diaz got suspended 3 times for weed and he had the at-one-point biggest UFC fight ever against McGregor which was worth a lot of money, so it's also weird people think it's an anti-Riddle thing nobody else ever had to deal with or didn't overcome

For me it's more just an indication that America's drug priorities are turbofucked.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PNyVosDxlo

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Nick Diaz got suspended 3 times for weed and he had the at-one-point biggest UFC fight ever against McGregor which was worth a lot of money, so it's also weird people think it's an anti-Riddle thing nobody else ever had to deal with or didn't overcome

Err.... wrong Diaz...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Kairi has merch now.

https://shop.wwe.com/search?cgid=kairi-sane&curr=USD

So close to being an actual decent shirt but the eye searing pink/violet ruins it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Riddle is committed to smoking a shitload of weed no matter the consequences and I have nothing but respect for his decision.

A lot of people here have hosed priorities if they would pick working for Dana White over smoking weed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ciampa's new theme is exquisite :discourse:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

IT'S TAZZ

edit: i just realised Roman Reigns theme is Tazz's slowed down 25%, and now Ciampa is using Tazz's music while being a sports entertainer - the best heel

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
oh my god Ohno keeps inflating more every time I see him

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Riddle talks about it too. He has his weed card and lives in Nevada where it is 100 percent legal. And he gets fired?

riddle has to live in florida now but they have cards

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Rarity posted:

This. And it sounds nothing like Tazz's.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I don't believe that's his new theme. It must have been a production error. The tron clearly said "Ciarnpa", whoever that is.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Keep an eye out for any indie wrestler who announces their engaged. Any time that happens it means the wrestler in question will soon be joining NXT. Yes even wrestlers who are already signed to two year deals with other promotions.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Bad news for Austin Aries who only gives out promise rings

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1040837676847575040?s=19

Basic translation: Kairi was happy to tag with Io tonight (last night), and they even drove to the show together.

The only thing running through my mind is..."Io is totally turning on Kairi in the next few months."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEDrakeWuertz/status/1041132151243268096

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Hell yeah! We need more women refs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mia Yim
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1042098121378029568

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man, Lacey Evans has lovely bench form

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A lot of people knew and were just waiting for an announcement.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rovert posted:

A lot of people knew and were just waiting for an announcement.

I mean, it's bad but there was no need to show everyone. It'll only embarrass her.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Shane Helms is just a guest coach. While Christain will most likely end up as a full-time coach at the Performance Center.

https://twitter.com/THETOMMYDREAMER/status/1042125673018609664

workrate17
Sep 13, 2007
When did WWE hire Walton Goggins as a trainer?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That's a really good set of guys to learn the "WWE Style" from, really. All different sorts of styles and options.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That's awesome, I know I've heard Christian talking about wanting to coach at the PC on the podcast before.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

That's a really good set of guys to learn the "WWE Style" from, really. All different sorts of styles and options.

You could certainly do worse. Someone could hire Bill DeMott to teach! Hahaha!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Whoever learns Scotty’s facebuster secret will be unbeatable

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is something

https://twitter.com/WWE_Aliyah/status/1042169174531993602

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Hell yeah! We need more women refs.

This is certainly true for at least the next 6 weeks.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

So what is the deal with Aliyah anyways? She's never really been good in the ring, and her character changes every other month. Is this her sink or swim moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

is pepsi ok posted:

That's awesome, I know I've heard Christian talking about wanting to coach at the PC on the podcast before.

He seems like the ideal person to coach. He wasn't someone who stood out through any insane athleticism or anything like that and those tend to be the best sports coaches.