Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming

Tokubetsu posted:

It's some sort of ISP thing because it looks like only comcast/xfinity and verizon? are encountering it. I fixed it on my end by using a VPN service. (AVG has one thats free for a month and doesn't require any kind of sign up)

How laggy is that? I was using Vyper and it was unplayable (the drone part kept freezing)

Edit: I've heard about editing your hostfile to get to the proper IPs needed, but I have no idea how to figure that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

AngrySpork posted:

How laggy is that? I was using Vyper and it was unplayable (the drone part kept freezing)

Edit: I've heard about editing your hostfile to get to the proper IPs needed, but I have no idea how to figure that out.

I've had a couple hitches but I think that might just be a general connection/server lag spike. Played all of last night and a couple ranked games today with no problems. Ping wasn't noticeable higher either.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Tokubetsu posted:

Yeah this is a big reason why I love him. I've had some great wins using Lesion. I'll probably pick up Echo or Alibi next. Thanks for the recs!

Also +1 for pistols feeling great rn. I'm trying to learn/use hibana and ended up going back to her pistol to great results.

If you're on PC feel free to add me (Ag0at).

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJOx1RerEYE

I think I got reported by 9 players that match lol

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
turns out ubi had the capitao elite skin hidden in the store all along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66BU7Nt66yo

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

How did I only now realize this is supposed to be a Star Wars reference. :cripes:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Now just wait till you see montagnes boba Fett helmet

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/jrwzrh.webm

I forgot I recorded this last month.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Also, is it me or have the recoil changes made a bunch of guns that were borderline unusable with an ACOG before way more stable? IQ's LMG and Buck's AR both feel like they have much more controllable recoil than they used to.

e; Maestro's LMG also feels like it's lost some of the giant kick it used to have on the first two shots.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 9, 2018

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

IQs LMG definitely better, bucks AR is a little better in that it doesn't have as much horizontal jank, but it still kicks like a mule.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon-Lime posted:

Also, is it me or have the recoil changes made a bunch of guns that were borderline unusable with an ACOG before way more stable? IQ's LMG and Buck's AR both feel like they have much more controllable recoil than they used to.

e; Maestro's LMG also feels like it's lost some of the giant kick it used to have on the first two shots.

I'm looking at trying the ACOG again. I've exclusively used reflex since I started playing.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Buck's AR is downright usable now and I love it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
:thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgabXwT9jj4

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

Buck's AR is downright usable now and I love it.

I honestly loved his carbine before, so if it's even better now, I'm up for that! :D

Personally, this update I have rediscovered my old love of Capitao's para-308. (Or whatever the number is) I initially started using him again to combat Clash of course, however I've found that loads of people don't seem to know how to deal with him properly anymore. So I've just been burning enemies like no tomorrow - ideal situations for it involve a teammate suppressing an enemy, forcing them into cover, then you shoot an incendiary bolt into the wall/floor next to them, so (hopefully) they have nowhere to go. Still annoyed that he lost his frags, though...

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 10, 2018

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I'm really loving the ability to pick a random operator in casual by not picking someone, it's led to me playing operators I don't normally play and finding a new appreciation for them, like Capitao and Caveira and Buck. I even had a good time with Monty.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
If you tell someone they better pick or they'll get [bad operator] then they'll get that operator. THE GAME IS LISTENING

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I think I have played this game a lot. But I only just realized the absolute loving joy of placing a gu mine at the feet of a cornered and shielded Monty.

You can just imagine the calculations going through there head.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Agreed re: Capitao. His rifle is real good and owning the poo poo out of Clash is so fun

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Finished my placement. Bronze something. Weird because I felt much better about my matches this season than I did last season but I placed silver last time lol. Had one monster match where I was just a freaking laser, we lost but I had something like a 14-3-3 spread. Kill wise probably the best I've ever played lol. I'll probably be playing Ranked heavy this season, even if it's solo queuing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eE-8hOuwBk

think they threw this round because they felt bad for us lol

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 10, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
All the LMGs are fuckin' kickin rad now, I love 'em.

Also the SMGs are good for either point blank murder or headshotting instead of just being "a second primary weapon that some operators get for some reason, IDK why?"

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So how is new season? I won't be back for another week

Qubee
May 31, 2013

It's really, really good

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Yeah it's pretty good. Clash kinda sucks on console though.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Constant matchmaking errors is a step backwards but at least all you have to do is start matchmaking again when it happens and it'll eventually work. New ops are great though.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

SpazmasterX posted:

Yeah it's pretty good. Clash kinda sucks on console though.

What? She can drop her shield and gat people in a heartbeat on all platforms. Somebody measured and it's .58 seconds from shield to gun ADS. Unreal.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

my kinda ape posted:

Constant matchmaking errors is a step backwards but at least all you have to do is start matchmaking again when it happens and it'll eventually work. New ops are great though.

My experience is if I'm in a party, I'm almost always getting MM errors. My R6 group all grabbed a VPN free trial and running that we can get games no problem.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

What? She can drop her shield and gat people in a heartbeat on all platforms. Somebody measured and it's .58 seconds from shield to gun ADS. Unreal.

I'm not denying she's perfectly capable. But on a controller it's extremely difficult to utilize that speed without getting domed, riddled with bullets, or just knifed by an enemy you couldn't spin fast enough to block. I've yet to see a Clash in play that was the lynchpin to a successful defense. Instead they usually die halfway through a match cause they get greedy, or they anchor too long and end up alone and vulnerable.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

There's a lot of bad Clashes. I played with one on Tower that was an absolute nightmare. She would clomp clomp clomp around as World's Loudest Roamer and if you didn't commit 2 people on her she would win all her 1v1s. And if you DID commit 2 people her sneaky rear end teammate would zip in and flank. and if you ignored her she would flank. So you had to get four people to deal with one stupid rear end roamer...that's very hard in casual.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

clash + alibi is spawnpeek heaven

probably my favorite thing that makes clash so loving amazing is that she can literally just walk out the front door and recon what's going on while simultaneously harassing op4 and getting them to spam all their grenades are her

really though she pairs well with almost every defender

meanwhile:

:goofy: a lot can change in half an hour

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Clash/Cav combo is really nice. Clash occupies defender, Cav flanks and gets the interrogation

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

So how does everyone like the new gunfeel? I like it a lot.
And how about Hereford base? It seems REALLY nice, enough stuff happens outside to make it in interesting but it's not a Kanal level fuckover.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hate the new Hereford but that's down to them retexturing the entire map so it's way more visually cluttered and changing the decoration on everything so you no longer know what room is where in relation to the general layout of the map. The ground and top floor changes are solid, though I'm not sure about the basement.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Lemon-Lime posted:

I hate the new Hereford but that's down to them retexturing the entire map so it's way more visually cluttered and changing the decoration on everything so you no longer know what room is where in relation to the general layout of the map. The ground and top floor changes are solid, though I'm not sure about the basement.

I think most of the mumble/discord can name maybe 4 rooms of old Hereford. It was a map only rivaled by Bartlett in loving awfulness. It's a vast improvement on having two staircases alone.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Does it count as an ace if you got it thanks to clash? My first, she was gentle uWu lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m14nvP6L2ds

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Tokubetsu posted:

Does it count as an ace if you got it thanks to clash? My first, she was gentle uWu lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m14nvP6L2ds

An ace is an ace.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
Haven't played this game since like last November or so, what are the best ops nowadays? Maverick seems beastly and the old staples still seem really strong but I'm a spergy, tryhard and am curious who I should be working on.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

the old standbys are good, the new ops from Year 3 are all great

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

literally very operator is viable so just pick the one that interests you

if you care about DPS stuff like Twitch's Famas and Fuze's AK are forever amazing

same with jager/vigil if you want to just focus on pew pew

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Thief posted:

literally very operator is viable so just pick the one that interests you

if you care about DPS stuff like Twitch's Famas and Fuze's AK are forever amazing

same with jager/vigil if you want to just focus on pew pew

This is all good advice. But mostly pick who you think has the coolest voice lines if you really want to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

Does anyone know if I would get the extra 600 R6 credits if I was to buy the Year 2 bundle before buying the Year 3 pass, or does it only count if you bought the Year 2 pass when it was available?

If not I'll most likely buy the Year 3 pass first to get 10% off the Year 1 and 2 bundles.